Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Post subject: just a thought
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:39 am 
Godsin Queen

I've noticed over the years, It seems that quite a few people register and don't have a single post. Why is this?

Then I thought about it a bit more, and I came up with this question.

Is it to easy to join the boards?

Now don't get me wrong, I hate those snobby boards that want only the most perfect characters that fix under their races and classes to join them. I think it's the most sickening act against creative minds that any idiot has ever decided to come up with. They even have the nerve to say this promotes the flow of creative juices.

Any who, back to the point. I don't want to be like those jerks, but is there any way we can filter out the people who want their name all over the net. So we can find more of the people who are actually interested in our community?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: just a thought
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I do agree. But some people so join just to read the posts. This is a topic that started a 20+ page thread on another board (with a huge number of non-posting members). It ground down to, working out the people who just join and leave and the ones who join and visit. They may be fans of the main site or shy. Or like some posting members, just stopped visiting for some reason.

But if you think about it, the member count will drop to under 100 members if we did do that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:10 pm 
Godsin Queen

but wouldn't you rather have 100 people who actually care about this place rather that a whole pile of meanless names.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

I usually remove users who haven't confirmed their account and made no attempt to contact me for a manual activation (these accounts are not usable). So all those zero-post users in the member list have confirmed their account. It's not much but it's still a sign that they didn't just click "register" and forget about it.

Also, there are not that many zero-post users in the member list but I think it's possible to hide them (I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind).

Offline Profile