Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

Post subject: Re: :Idea:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:57 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Awhile ago I tried recruiting a friend, but it didn't automatically email him. It wouldn't help much anyway, he hasn't got internet at his house.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:47 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

does anyone even still come here? i do, i just can't think of what to post.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:43 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I think that is everyone's problem, an idea of what to post is hard to come by on such an old board

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Yeah, I can never think of anything good. And my anonymizer kept malfunctioning so i am actually completely unprotected right now which scares me (I read the Google privacy policy and am now paranoid.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

well i mean, i've only been on here for 2 and a half years. topics from 5 years ago might still be new to me.

not to mention people's opinions might have changed since then.

i personally just can't think of anything to contribute, it's not so much that it's already been discussed, i'm just not having any ideas at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:29 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

BeneathTheStarlight36 wrote:
well i mean, i've only been on here for 2 and a half years. topics from 5 years ago might still be new to me.

not to mention people's opinions might have changed since then.

i personally just can't think of anything to contribute, it's not so much that it's already been discussed, i'm just not having any ideas at all.

Exactly... We've all grown considerably since the time I was first here in one way or another and I believe that as we grew so did our knowledge and maybe even our own mindsets.

Don't worry too much about not being able to contribute for the older threads, after all it's really hard to do such to begin with. This is partly why I say we should start remaking some of these threads and go forward from there. Who knows, maybe as time progresses when we do this we might even think of NEWER questions to answer that we never thought of before.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:07 am 
Cererean Princess

So now I class as an Elder of the Forum, Falconer? Hmmm, I *have* been here for most of the forums history... it was the first forum I joined, and one of the ones I stuck around on (I think the second forum was NewMars). One of the things I remember from years ago was when I was online at the same time as wut2say, and we added several pages to the ET RP whilst PMing each other - answer PM, go back to the thread to reply, reply to the new PM, check the thread for a response...

It's definately made me a better writer, this RPing.

What is there left to talk about Dragons? There's very scant information to go on in myths. Does Dragon Discussions cover literature as well?

Wut. I'm now in 4th place for post count, above wut2say and below Drakel.

Funnily enough, Dragonobsesie went to the same univeristy as my brother, same year and course.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:03 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

DragonRider wrote:
What is there left to talk about Dragons? There's very scant information to go on in myths. Does Dragon Discussions cover literature as well?

I think it does cover literature as long as it isn't a review about said literature, in which it'd then belong in the Review's section of our forum.

Even so, I also believe that when it comes to Dragon Discussion we'd need to restart some very old threads and get a more fresh point of view on things. asdf and BTS have both yet to say much about the topics and I con honestly say that a few of us might have newer information or ideas on how things could work and maybe our opinions/thoughts on certain topics in the past may have changed as well. So I see a lot of potential in the Dragon Discussion Forum if we're willing to take some steps back.

DragonRider wrote:
Wut. I'm now in 4th place for post count, above wut2say and below Drakel.

Well I wan't Early in the game when it comes to Dragnix's history but I'll admit that as soon as I joined I was rather loud :lol:

Falconer, better watch your back man, I'm coming for second. :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:47 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The reason i dont post on those old topics is because it makes me feel like a total n00btard. I guess i am the newest active member, maybe i need to start acting like it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am 
Matrix Operator

You merely adopted the post count, Drakel. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see inactivity until I was already a man.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:43 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

asdf wrote:
The reason i dont post on those old topics is because it makes me feel like a total n00btard. I guess i am the newest active member, maybe i need to start acting like it.

Which is why I say we should just remake said threads, thus making the newer members who weren't here during that time (myself included) able to say their own opinions on the subject and share their own theories and ideas.

While the streets stay the same, the members of the gangs change.

Falconer wrote:
You merely adopted the post count, Drakel. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see inactivity until I was already a man.

I didn't choose my post count, my post count chose me

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:50 pm 
Matrix Operator

Drakel wrote:
Falconer wrote:

Do not try and beat the post count — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. There is no post count. Then you will see that it is not the post count that grows, it is only yourself.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:09 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Falconer wrote:
Drakel wrote:
Falconer wrote:

Do not try and beat the post count — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. There is no post count. Then you will see that it is not the post count that grows, it is only yourself.

I suppose you're right on the part that I myself have grown more than my post count has. I would find it pleasant if things stay as such for the time being.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 pm 
G.E.E.K.

As to the persistent world, thing: on my forum I created a tavern much like Exx's. It didn't really work. So I tried expanding it. I created a subforum called "TheMarketplace". There was a thread for the open streets and another for each shop, including my tavern. If one of us was made mod or admin, we could do something similar and incorporate Exx's fabled establishment.

And Falconer, I was about the same age as you were when I joined. Which means you must be roughly my age. I see this community the same way you do. Friends who I could trust with my life.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:36 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I like this idea Dragon444, I would totally lead a smithery thread.

Also, I find it interesting that I am two years behind you guys in both age and years on this site

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:54 am 
G.E.E.K.

One thing I did that we may be able to incorporate into The Marketplace's streets would be a kind of gate leading off into "the vast multiverse" (aka, various RPs), thus tying it into all or most of our RPs. Plus it would give credence to the same characters we've worked so hard on being used time and time again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:20 pm 
Matrix Operator

Dragon444 wrote:
As to the persistent world, thing: on my forum I created a tavern much like Exx's. It didn't really work. So I tried expanding it. I created a subforum called "TheMarketplace". There was a thread for the open streets and another for each shop, including my tavern. If one of us was made mod or admin, we could do something similar and incorporate Exx's fabled establishment.

Which boils down to the issue of no active moderators right now.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile