Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm

Post subject: Mark forum read and skins
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:12 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Two things

1) This took me the longest time to figure out. I kept clicking the mark forum read thinking that the icon next to the post would go away. Turns out it justs changes color. You think it would be possible to have a preferance were read threads have an icon next to them, like the old board?

2) Since most of us have grown used to the old look of the board, and some (like myself) take forever to get used to change, do you think it would be possible to make a skin/theme for the board that loko slike the old one? I'd be willing to do it if you teach me how to. You've already taught me a few other things.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:58 am 
Site Admin

I am still checking all the options available at this moment, but to answer your questions:

1- Yes, it's possible, since all this are only images but I will wait until we have decided what theme we will use to view the board before going into those kind of modifications.

2- phpBB work with theme, if you look into your profile you are allowed to switch from BBTech and subSilver at this moment. During the next few weeks I will try to determine a particular layout that will appear by default. However, I may also try to design a theme that will look like the old forum (it will become available to be selected from your profile "Board Style" option).

Note that it may take some time before I will be able to do all that. Believe me, I've been working like a Korean Nike employee lately :wink:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Mark forum read
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:48 pm 
Master Old Dragon

One more thing. In the Ezboard when ever you mark a forum read, it would return you to the main page instead of the forum you were in. It would be nice if this did the same? Is that possile?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

I will ask around if this is possible, but in all likelihood that last thing may not be possible to change without some serious code hunting.

Offline Profile