Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

Post subject: Log in problems: account activation, lost password, etc...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

This thread is for users who experience problems during the registration or while trying to log into their account. Post here if:

:arrow: You didn't receive the confirmation email to activate your account and want a manual activation. Be sure to check in your junk mail folder, often activation emails are filtered as junk by mistake.
:arrow: You have lost your password and want to receive a new one to the address you have entered in your profile. An email address that is no longer active (for example, you've changed ISP but didn't enter the new address in your board account) will induce delays in your request in order for us to make sure you are the person owning the nick.

Also, within a few minutes after you've registered your account, an email is sent to the address you have entered. You must click on the activation link contained in that email to activate your account. An account will be deleted from the database if it was not activated*1 within 30 days after registering and if no Site Admin have been contacted for a manual activation.

Lastly, we strongly encourage you to register an account since usernames are available on a first come first choice basis. Take note that guest users cannot vote in polls, cannot post in some forums and we may have to temporary revoke all guests privileges if the board face problems with a particularly determined spammer or troller who use the guest feature to push their ads/flames around the board.

*1 Activation shouldn't be mistaken with posts count. An account can be activated and still haven't posted anything yet.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Account INfo
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:10 pm 
Hello!

I am one of the old heads on the board. I am on a deployment, and cannot seem to log into my old account, and the ISP for my email address is no longer accurate. Therefore, I need access to my account, and link it to my actual email address:

Username:Exanderous
Email: speaktojc@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Log in problems: account activation, lost password, etc.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hello there,

We are a bit in the graveyard shift lately but as you can see I'm still standing vigil over the gates of this board. So I'm hoping I'm not being too punctilious about procedures but I think asking one question would be proper here.

So I looked at your profile and this information is not public so before I manually change your password and email it back to you, can you answer the following question:

What is the date of your birthday?
(for privacy reasons, I only need the day)

Alternatively, I would also accept the email address associated with your account (again, normal users should not be able to see this information just by looking at your profile).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:26 am 
I sure can, and I thank you for being so vigilant!

I am absolutely confident answering any question that you have of me, old friend. We go way... way back.

My birth date is on the 25th of September.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

Everything checks out. Welcome back!

But while I was updating your account, the system notified me that you have two accounts here:
One is under "Exanderous" (using the @comcast.net address)
The other is under "Exx" (using the @gmail.com address).

I have reset the password on both and updated the email address on the Exanderous one. So feel free to use either one, if you have a preference as they should both be accessible to you now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:23 am 
Tempest, I tried to hit the "forgot password link" and entered in the speaktojc@gmail.com address. Unfortunately, the recovery email was never received. I have tried this twice. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:03 am 
Site Admin

You shouldn't need to use the "forget password" function of the board as I have reset the password for you.

Look in your gmail mailbox if in the spam folder you can find an email with subject line "Password reset - Exanderous / Exx". I sent you two emails, one from my usual account (@colba.net) and another using the Board Management email (@dragnix.net). Since they use different servers, one of them must have reached you.

In this email, you will find your password. You can use that password to directly log in using the username Exanderous or Exx. I just tested it and I can access your account.

Alternatively, you can send me an email from your gmail account.
I will reply with the password. Hopefully that will work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:49 pm 
Legend of Old

:done: Thank you so much for the help, Tempest! I figured out what was going down. Army software. Got to love it.

I am thankful to be back, my friend!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:02 am 
Hello, I’m Azaphaer. I’ve registered for an account but have not received the activation email. I would appreciate help to activate my account, thank you :>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Azaphaer,

Sometimes activation emails are automatically filtered as spam but on a server level (meaning they won't even show up in a spam folder). At any rate, your account has been manually activated.

Offline Profile