Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 am

Post subject: Bug with new threads. (Minor problem)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:58 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Hmm, am I the only one finding things wrong here? Granted the last two threads I made here weren't problems.

Anyway.

Tempest, it came to my attention that this board's coding or whatever has a fault in it. You know how when there is a new message to a thread there is the little orange page next to the thread title (looks like the pages out of Myst)? By clicking on them it will send you straight to the newest post in that thread.

Here is the fault with it. It doesn't renew were newest post was until your enxt visit.

Here is what I mean:

Say that 3 people are on the board at the same time. Person A, Person B, and Person C. A reads posts number 25, which is the newest one and replies to it sending the thread onto page 2. B, responds to A's post, as does C. A notes this and goes to view them via the orange page. However, instead of being brought to B's post he is instead brought to post number 25 as it is was the newest post upon his arrival.

Make sense? I tried to make it clear, but I have a hard time at doing those sort of things.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

It may have something to do with the browser internal cache (that keep an image of a web page and use it instead of reloading/updating the page). But honestly, I wasn't able to repeat the problem and experience it myself so it could be that or it could be how phpBB is coded.

I will try to see if there is something to be done about this issue.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:32 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I only noticed it when there was several people online, which is sorta self explanatory or else I would have never found this out. On further reflection this would be a problem to send to the bug reporting board that the company uses. Then they can fix it in the next 0.00.01 update.

Offline Profile