Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Your Custom Titles on this Board
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Originally from Kayla:

<tt>If you would like a custom title underneath your name, please post here what you would like. Please be sure to pick something you like since I wouldn't like to change it too often (once in a while is all right). In addition, the custom title is not the first priority of the administrators, so add your request here, but be patient. We will assign you your new title as soon as we have the time.

There are only two rules to respect.
1- Anything that could be offensive to some persons reading this message board will not be accepted. I will always let you know why and suggest modifications to make it acceptable if I think your title is inappropriate for the board.
2- It is a personal policy to not assign a custom title to "unhatched users". In other words, you must have at least 30 posts on our forums before asking for a custom title.

Start asking and you shall receive... either Tempest or your lovely administrator, will take care of you :wink: </tt>

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:51 pm 
Tightwad

I would like "Guardian" please.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Done

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: how about my old one
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:34 pm 
Master of the Elements

I use to have one that said "Master of the Elements" But I've made some new story behind mine, so I have 2 I wish to have, the first one I would like have, but if it's 2 long, can you make the second one?

1.) Master of the Elements, The Final Elemi
2.) Master of the Elements

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:41 am 
The Forestmaster

Zoanrevived, did you read Tempest's (or Kayla's) sticky?? It said you have to have at least thirty posts or more to get a custom title!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:33 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Zoan doesn't make it a habit to post pointless things everywhere he can.
and Tempest, i move the act that Medea's be changed to "peafowl". mwahahaha.... *wonders if she would notice* :done:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:10 pm 
Godsin Queen

Hmmm, could I get mine changed to

Godsin Queen

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:53 am 
Master Old Dragon

PLus, Zoan has been around for a bit.

And I'm sure if Medea’s title was changed to peafowl because of you, I'm sure yours would end up something like 'pink dragon'. Of course my mind could never come up with the evil that theirs do, so it would probably be much worse. I'm opening this up to more spam aren't I? I'll save Serenity the work of having to scold me and telling the others *cough cough ASP cough* not to reply and do it my self.

<center>Alorith</center>
<center>"Bad Alorith. This is off topic, stop spamming up this thread with none topic related things"</center>

Hey easier than it looks. I should scold myself more often.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

@ Zoanrevived: I have given you "Master of the Elements" since the other one could potentially stretch a thread. But done :done:

@Aspaheir: That's okay, he is an old board member.

@Draches: Peafowl for Medea, Half-Elf Cheerleader for Serenity and I love K People for Elysian... I wonder how much time it will take for them to realize that there is a conspiracy going on in their back :lol:

@ Aloryth: Pink Dragon eh? That's a good suggestion, I will add this to my list of potential mischief to do with custom titles.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:56 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Consipracy?

*Looks around to see Draches and Alorith with their hands behind their backs whistling.*

And the funny thing about that whole shpeal before was that we all did it behind eachothers back. Tempy is such a troublemaker... Image

I want to wait a bit for my title, Alorith and I are still looking forward to new ranks... But eventually I'll just return to "Half-Elf" again. And just Half-Elf Tempy... Image

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:37 am 
Master Old Dragon

Or, due to the large numbers of people (or so it seems) asking for a moderator you could be half-moderator. That is until we official vote you in as one.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:39 pm 
Master Old Dragon

And willing deal with the inherent hatred from your peers and the looming responsibilities of democracy that go along with that title, AGAIN? Image

Do I look like a masochist?

Lol, like Elise and I have said, we don’t need Moderators, and this is coming from both people who were one. If a time comes when we do need them, I’ll deal with that responsibility then. But for now, I’d rather know that people hate me for me, not because of some petty jealousy issues that they happen to harbor.

Thanks for the nice thought anyways though, Alorith. Image

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:27 pm 
Tightwad

what about half-elf cheerleading moderator? :lol:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:05 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Don't worry Serenity, I promise to always hate you for you no matter what the circumstances.

I still want to be Board Martyr, Tempest!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:52 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

doesn't that mean you have to die and have like, 6 virgin women?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:04 am 
Master Old Dragon

Thanks, Elise! What a lovely gesture of hatred...

And Tempy, I think you should listen to her... My Cooperate stick is missing and I have the feeling that she prolly stole it...

And Draches... That made no sense in my mind, whatsoever.

And the smell of a world that has been burned...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:41 am 
Tightwad

thats pretty easy...ohmygodimonfire! *P.S sorry, that was mean spirited and unsupportive. I was taught to always speak my mind however....BLAME THE NUNS!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:34 am 
Master Old Dragon

Well, nuns are the source of 2% of the worlds problems, and since the world have close to infinite number of problems, they are responsible for 2% of infinity.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:26 pm 
Master of the Elements

Hey, Tempest, sorry for the late reply, But thank you.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:28 pm 
Godsin Queen

Hello??????? What about my request? you didn't say wether it was good or bad or wether it would be ecepted you just skiped over it.

so whata ya say? can i pease get mine changed to (Godsin Queen)?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

@ Pandora: I really can't explain how I missed your request but consider it done! :done:

Draches wrote:
Doesn't that mean you have to die and have like, 6 virgin women?

Serenity wrote:
And Draches... That made no sense in my mind, whatsoever.

In an interview with a Hamas activist Muhammad Abu Wardeh, who recruited terrorists for suicide bombings in Israel. Abu Wardeh was quoted as saying: "I described to him how God would compensate the martyr for sacrificing his life for his land. If you become a martyr, God will give you 70 virgins, 70 wives and everlasting happiness." Wardeh was in fact shortchanging his recruits since the reward in Paradise for martyrs was 72 virgins. But I am running ahead of things.

In sura 55 verses 72-74, Dawood translates the Arabic word "hur" as "virgins", and the context makes clear that virgin is the appropriate translation for the reward to martyr: "Dark-eyed virgins sheltered in their tents whom neither man nor jinnee will have touched before." The word hur occurs four times in the Koran and is usually translated as a "maiden with dark eyes".

One of the reasons Nietzsche hated Christianity was that it "made something unclean out of sexuality", whereas Islam, many would argue, was sex-positive. One cannot imagine any of the Church fathers writing ecstatically of heavenly sex as al-Suyuti did, with the possible exception of St Augustine before his conversion. But surely to call Islam sex-positive is to insult all Muslim women, for sex is seen entirely from the male point of view; women's sexuality is admitted but seen as something to be feared, repressed, and a work of the devil.

So basically, Elysian would get 72 virgin if she is a Muslism martyr. Thus the virgin joke (and it's not 6 either).

For Christian martyr get something describe as unspeakable joy and that the reward will be greater in proportion to the earthly possessions left behind. I'm not sure if Bill Gate can sue for false advertisments if he doesn't end up owning the heaven or if there is a legal loophole in such case. I must admit, I didn't read all the fine prints.

For Buddhism, if you are a martyr, it's because you did something really wicked in a previous life and frankly, you deserve your current situation. It's like a delayed punishment.

For messages board, the closest thing to a martyr I could find is being a "target". It's the kind guy everyone in a forum loves to hate. He usually brings this upon himself; he may be a known cheater in a game forum, a conservative among liberals, a Windows guy among Mac enthusiasts, or even a man in a women's forum. Target places himself in such dicey situations is anyone's guess, but he seems genuinely oblivious to the danger.

So I guess everyone can pick what they want but I doubt Elysian is really a true martyr... She doesn't seem to match any of the definition above.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:28 pm 
Tightwad

2 things, one good, and one.... not so good.

1.that stretched the joke just a little bit too far.

2. Wow, you are amazing, Tempest! I mean, I can't imagine ANYBODY on
Earth who can go into the abyss of chaos that we call our minds and cull forth that sort of context while still having a sense of humor! But you do it!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:41 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Well Tempest, I suppose I'll have to live with your decision not to make me Board Martyr. I think I could have been an excellant one though...lol.

Um, never intended on having 72 or 36 or even 1 virgin at my beck and call. lol. Learn something new everyday it seems.

And yes Chalgrish, this is why Tempy's cool, in a geeky, brainy sort of way. Just don't inflate his ego too much or he'll turn into Scott (haha, love ya scott)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:36 am 
Tightwad

work it, make it, do it, makes us
harder, better, faster, stronger

more than, hour, hour, never
ever, after, work is, over

work it, make it, do it, makes us
harder, better, faster, stronger

more than, hour, hour, never
ever, after, work is, over

work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger
more than ever, hour after hour work is never over.....

best freakin song on EARTH!
but it cant beat the songs on www.colba.net/~tempest/..... so....7th best song on earth....bah... nevermind.

And I have at last made 7 spams... I'll stop

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:20 pm 
British Redcoat

*explodes in a feathery mess at seeing all the confusing text and sheer amount of it*

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next