Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am

Post subject: Elonas, The Last Magic Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:03 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Areon walked about one of the southern halls of the royal palice, crevices in the wall housed many statues on pedestals, of warriors long past, and warriors still alive, one of which was Elbereth, the Elven King, of the woods. He had never met the elf, in his one hundred fourty years of life, and he hoped that he would. Except for Areon, the Half Dragon prince, the hall was empty of people, as was most of the palice these days, only coming for guidance, or the occassional dispute, from his father, King Osric, or his Mother, the Dragon Queen, Sarcafologochi, Sara most people called her, for her name was very hard to pronounce. Areon wore his normal Mage Knight attire, with the absence of his helmet, which was in his Pack of Holding at the moment. He brought his left hand up a few inches infront of himself, looking down on the topside of his scaly, clawed hand, on his middle finger was his golden ring with a amythist gem imbedded in it, this ring was the osurce of his magical shield.

He knew his father was an excellent and fair king, a king who didn't hoard food to himself, but actually was very caring for his subjects and people, but the kingdom was boring, except for the orcs he slayed every now and then. He looked back to the statue of Jorn The Orc Cleaver, a human who lived two hudnred years ago, known for his excellence at slaughtering orcs with his three pronged spear, and the statue stood at attention, with the bottom of the spear on the ground, pointed outward to the side of the statue, it was infact the real spear of the warrior. The castle's scribes always kept the weapon shined, and clear of dust, but who looked on it besides himself every so often? He looked down and sighed, sounding much louder than he had intended to in the emptiness of the hallway.

On his belt, on the left side was his magnificent sword, ready to be brandished, and put into combat at anytime. It had not tasted orcish flesh in a long time, but he knew, Areon knew that something was going to happen soon. People wearing strange, crudely made iron chainmail, helmets, bronze short swords, and shields painted red with a cross in the middle of the kite-like shield, were coming into the forests surrounding the kingdom, always in groups of five through ten, and always beginning to attack first, the first encounter was beaten back by five knights in gold, create a route with the five that lived, and a second one where a couple of elves, in trees destroyed an entire group of ten of them, using bows. But Areon wasn't concerned, and didn't let his people, the people whom the Mage Knights, Knights in gold, and the Soldiers in white protected know, for they didn't want panic.

Prince Areon sighed once again, turning right and began to walk silently down the hallway, taking a left, and then a right. This path took him to the throne room, the doors were closed, and he pushed right through the two doors, he looked to his right first, where a gold dragon, his mother lay sleeping on a hoard of gold and jewels, then forward infront of him, sat his father, King Osric, in a throne, and to the king's left was an empty throne for Areon's Mother, if she so chose to revert to human form. Noticing that his father was busy, giving guidance to a commoner, he turned and left, without even a word. He took a straight route this time, toward the Huge doors, the exit. They were open, letting in the fresh morning air, and stained glass windows above them, let colored beams of light in, He walked out, viewing at the clear sky, on the horizon it turned from blue, to orange then to pink, it was morning, and he was facing east. Areon smiled, showing his pointy teeth. The two guards that flanked him spoke up in unison.
Hail Prince Areon, the first born! Hail the Knights in Gold. He replied back to the knights. And with that, he began walking down the steep stairs downward toward the magnificent city.

The city was one of art, inventiveness and creativity, everything was covered with white limestone, some building were elegant, others weirdly shaped in places, and some if spiraled upwards, and in the morning light, the city gave off a remarkable whitish-purple glow, that was unmatched in beuaty. And at dusk, it shown the same color. On his way down to the city, a poor beggar approached him, looking up in envy. The beggar was bloated, from lack of food, and his bones were easily seen through the pale, wrinkly skin. Areon took a pouch off of his belt, opening it, and taking out several gold coins.
Take these poor beggar. He reached his hand out, and dropped the coins into the man's hands, the gold coins would be enough for the man to buy an apartment, and get some clothes, and food to last him an entire year. The old man, looked up at the prince, who only smiled and nodded, to say 'your welcome' silently. Areon continued his descent, already feeling good about himself, for being charitable to the poor, he didn't like the fact that there were even beggars in any town in this kingdom, but it was inevitable, and Areon would help one beggar at a time, if he ever came across one, as long as he lived.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:08 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

kiritsu was walking along feeling the morning sun warming her as she walked along.She was wearing leaf green trousers and and a leaf green short sleeved top but only part of this could be seen as she was also wearing a leaf green cloak with the hood up covering her ears and making her face almost impossible to see.

As she was walking she looked upwards towards the sky admiring the beauty of the morning but becuase of this was not looking were she was going and becuase of this she walked straight into Areon which knocked her back slightly and made her hood drop. Slightly dazed she looked downwards to face Areon looking a bit embaressed ''sorry'' she said blushing slightly at being such an idiot to walk right into someone.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:42 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Mary Ann looked out from her crevice in the alley, as the prince walked down. She almost laughed out loud when she saw a woman run into him.

That must be giving his guards a heart attack
Tilx told her from his perch on her shoulder. She nodded her silent agreement.

"Maybe we should go help her out if she gets in trouble"

Tilx snorted,why would we do that? in would only get us in trouble too.

"So? She seems like one of us, we should help her. It's not like they could keep us locked up even if they tried, right?"

Well, then, let's watch and see what happens.

Tilx shook his head to show his disagreement in the idea. MAry Ann turned to watch.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:45 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Helen meditated, keeping her mind focused on her breathing. A tap on her sholder brought her mind back to the present and her teacher came into focus. Sorry sensai, did I do something wrong? No, my pupil, you have stayed long enough, you really shouldn't stress yourself. She sighed, Very well, I will continue tomorrow. Helen left the chamber and went down several flights of steps before reaching ground level. She then made her way towards the gate of the castle. Her rust-colored robes shifting in a small draft. As she rounded the last corner a guard announced Hail Prince Areon, the first born! Cursing lightly she retreated back into the shadow of the hallway. The necklace she was wearing shone brightly and she dissappeared in a shower of sparks.

Reappearing outside the castle, on a nearby rooftop. Helen smiled contently. Her brother wasn't first this time, a small battle won in a never ending war. She continued on her way, keeping to the shadows.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:13 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

He was caught of guard when some bumped into him. Sorry. The woman said. It's alright, are you new here? He waited for her reply, after she did he walked off, seeing if anything was needed of him. At the corner of his eye he noticed someone in the alley, not to far away. He turned around, walking across the white cobblestone street, he entered the alley, his draconic eyes easily adjusting to the dim light, for him it was just a little dimmer than the street he had just come from. Clothes lines hung across the alley, suspended in the air by pulleys, with clothes out to dry. Every now and then there was a drip of stray water than landed on his head. He approached the woman, with a small dragonlike creature, one much similar to his familliar, a Pseudodragon. Though technically they weren't dragons since they only grew to be three feet long at most. Hello there, why are you hiding in the alley?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:39 pm 

It's alright, are you new here? the man said, kiritsu stopped blushing and answered the mans question ''no ive been around before i just wasnt looking were i was gonig'' she said trying to figure out who the guy was.
It was only when the man began to walk away that kiritsu realized who she had bumped into but she didnt have time to say anything to him becuase he had gone down an alley and seemed to be talking to someone.
Intrigued kiritsu followed silently which was rather easy since she was rather good at being stealthy and she suspected most elves were.As she peered round the corner she could see him talking to a women,an elf.Kiritsu stayed back listening to there conversation.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

Warhawk had been arguing with the tavernkeeper for almost five minutes. "A half a pint does NOT cost five queros, only three!"
"Four."
"Okay, you.." followed by several earcurling names. "Here!" He turned and stalked out.
As soon as he entered the alley, he stopped. An unfamiliar presence was here; years of fighting and stalking experience told him as much.
What the blazes, he thought. An elf? And a miniature dragon? Whoever they are, the're watching Areon with far to much intrest for my liking. He drew his dagger, and approached silently, making no sound whatsoever. The amulet on his sword pommel allowed him to be undetectable except by sight when he wanted. When he was right behind them, he said, "Who the hell are you?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:33 pm 

OOC:are you talking to me or wut2say

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:25 am 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Wut2say. :oops:

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:42 am 

OOC:ok just wondering

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:17 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

OOC: I need Wut2say to reply, before I can post again....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:43 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: I forgot to say this, but Warhawk can't see the prince. A spell was cast over him by a dragon- he can't see any dragon that is in his visual field unless the dragon addresses him; then, he has no problem.

He's been trying to find a majician to remove the spell, but nobody has been powerful enough.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:04 pm 
Silver sorceress

ooc: sorry been gone i'm back.

Mary Ann looked at the three people staring at her.
"Why are you all gathered around me like that? i'm not hurt or anything."

She tried to back up but met solid wall behind her. Tilx growled on her shoulder, expressing Mary Ann's dislike of being cornered.

If it is possible would you two underlings care to move aside? we do not wish to be trapped in this corner.

Mary Ann inwardly smiled at Tilx's request and looked to see how those around her would act.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:10 am 
Matrix Operator

Warhawk backed down. "Excuse me, I'm just a little suspicious of dragons. Especially undersized ones."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:41 am 

kiritsu watched all that was going on keepnig well hidden i hope that elf can take care of herself she thought as she saw the elf was cornered.
Feeling a chill from a passing wind she lit a small flame in her hand and held it close to her to help keep herself warm but carried on watching not wnating to miss a minute of what was going on.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:34 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

OOC: post atleast 3 sentence paragraphs. Please.

Areon backed off at that moment, his scales glimmered in the faint light of the alley, in the morning. His tail swayed slowly side to side. He kept his wings folded at his back, he did not try to hide his draconic appearance. Back off, whoever you are. Areon said to the warrior, looking like he didn't even belong to the militia. Areon stared at the human, waiting for him to sheathe his sword.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:28 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Helen observed from her usual perch above the city, keeping tabs on her brother. She had grown out of the childish pranks of practicle jokes and such, but she wasn't above spying. Apparently everyone seemed to be strung up, probably because of her brother's appearence. Something was wrong, out of place.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:05 am 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Warhawk is carrying a dagger.

IC: Warhawk knew in an instant who the half-dragon, half man in front of him was. "My apologies, Sire." He sheathed his weapon. "I did not see you." He half-bowed, his mind working like sixty to explain. "I beg forgiveness."

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:44 pm 

giggles slightly at the person bowing to areon who in her eyes looked as if he hadnt even seen areon to begin with. kiritsu let the flame in her hand dissapear as she thought she sensed someone else watching what was going on but were the person was she didnt know.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:39 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann held back a slight smile as Tilx ruffled his wings and growled.

well underling, maybe if you are suspicious, then i should show you what you have to fear from. undersize dragon indeed. i will ahve you know that i am a decendant from.....

"That's enough Tilx, you dont want to turn them into a crisp." her voice showed signs of a motherly affection, but it quickly disappeared as she turned to see that her way was still blocked. her eyes hardened again.

"Now if you dont mind..." without finishing her sentenceshe sent a force poinding into those blocking her in. as they fell she burst out of the alley but before she got entirely out Tilx flew off her shoulder and puched her back.

dragon!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:12 am 
Matrix Operator

Warhawk blinked, then rolled upright. "I should have remembered: 'do not meddle with elves, for they are powerful and quick to anger'." He offered his hand to Areon. "I'm Warhawk, travelling mercenary."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:56 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann spun at Warhawk and Areon, off setting Tilx hold on her shoulder and sending him fluttering into the air, all the time trying to pinpoint the exact location of where the dragon was.

"can either of you tell me why there is a dragon around or are you going to greet each other into eternity?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: we appear to have a stalled RP. Will you people please post, this is starting to get good.
Wut2say, do you mean Areon or Tilx or what?

IC: Warhawk was beginning to get the feeling that nothing was going right today. "Look, would everyone stop panicking? Jeez, you all are acting so tense."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:06 pm 
Silver sorceress

ooc: obviosly not tilx he's my friend. i'm talking about areon. sorry if that was confusing.

Mary Ann looked Warhawk in the eye. "i don't want to be here. so many people are in too close of quarters. why do dyou think i was back in this alley? there are too many people every where else."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:12 pm 

Kiritsu turned around to listen again trying to oush the feeling of being watched out of her mind.
if anyone is watching i hope there not a threat she thought before focusing entirly on the conversation.
at least something inmteresting is going on today she said giggling a bit but stops remembering that she is still unknown to the others and they probably wouldnt be to pleased that she had been listening to there conversation.

Last edited by Akira on Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile