Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Arden: A Dying Sun; CH 1
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:19 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
OOC: Tal, Akira. This doesn't apply to you, because you won't be here for a while. Don't worry I will let you in shortly. As for everyone else you are in the dungeon with Narage.

IC: Narage wavered into conciousness. She attempted to raise her hand only to discover the shackles on her wrists. As the daze cleared she noticed a handful of others around her... seven, all shackled to the wall... each in a hospital gown.... a few stirring but most still unconcious.

A guard opened the gate to the dungeon and allowed a thin, pale looking man to enter. He was wearing light orange scrubs and rubbed his hands togeather anxiously. He approched a purple haired woman with semi-transparent wings. He lifted her head and smiled to himself. Then he pointed to her and a green haired man, then nodded to the guards. They undid their chains, and took them out of the cell one at a time and left, followed by the smiling man. She sighed. This is what you get for putting your nose where it doesn't belong. I will probably be next, and then nobody can help that poor girl from the future.... She let out a long yowl, hoping someone would hear her. She was answered with a McCream soda can to the head. She stuggled to pick it up for a drink, but her feet wouldn't reach her mouth. This does not bode well. She thought glumly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:36 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea was awake, but she laid still. She wasn't sure where she was, and these were not her clothes. She was chained, so she knew it was useless to try and move. Aluillea watched through slitted eyes as a man came in a picked out two of the others.
What's going on? she asked herself. After the man left, she heard a noise coming from the other end of the cell. It sounded like a cat. She sniffed. It smelled like a werecat. As far as she could tell, there were no humans in here. Just a bunch of different creatures. She shifted her position to get a better look around.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:37 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Narage heard the slight chink of someone shifting their weight on the shackles. She sniffed trying to get a bearing, but all she could smell was the aroma of the CREAM soda..... She fidgited and let out anouther yowl, almost involentarily. The guard did his best to ignore her, but she knew that wouldn't last for long...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:40 am 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea heard the cat let out another yowl.
"Mmrf," she snorted. That cat would surely get the attention of the guards if it didn't shut up.
Aluillea stretched. She didn't like being chained. She wanted to get up and move around. She also wanted food. Her stomach had begun to growl.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 pm 
Guardian of Mileenia

Renet, shivered. A cold slight breeze gusted past her. A crack in the stone wall beside her. She had been in this dungeon for days maybe weeks now and she was getting restless. Scared of going crazy and having no fun. Be it stealing from babies, or tormenting guards, it was eating her up.
With a yawn she got up.
Rubbing her eyelids and sitting upwards.
She then started to fiddle with her chains.
"Gah! give me some tree bark and I would be free from these by now." She grumbled. and laid her head in her hands sulkingly.

It was impossible to get up. The chains where tight and movement was slightly limited. Renet then sighed and curled up in her corner and covered her eyes with her large rabbit ears and a tear ran down her face.

Last edited by Crimsan on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:28 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

She let out anouther yowl. This one longer and louder than before. The guard banged on the iron and yelled "Shut the hell up!" He growled and walked out of viewsight. There were several bangs as drawers were opened and shut, but they ceased shortly and he returned with two earplugs shoved into his fat head.

"Finally, that guy is slower than watching chocolate melt in the fall." Narage streached and then turned her head to a brown headed girl at the far end of the room and asked, "What you in for?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:51 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea heard another yowl. This was getting to be annoying. She looked in the direction of the noise, glaring. Apparently, the guard thought the same thing. He went to get earplugs. Then, the cat said something to Aluillea.
"What are you in for?" was the question.
Aluillea didn't really know.
"Oh, just wreaking havoc on villages, attacking innocent bystanders, kidnapping kids, stealing livestock, and being an all around menace to society." she said with a grin. "You?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:06 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Theft of my neighbor's interweb hours. I didn't know it was such a crime..." She smiled and started messing with the shackles. How to get out of iron shackles.... I am sure I read something on that....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:38 am 
The Broken One

OOC: Avriliya is going to join later, 'kay? She's house sitting for a friend for a couple days and they don't have internet at their house.

IC: Jaciynth sat quietly in his corner. He never spoke to the other prisoners who passed through. He'd been down here for months and had seen many others come in and out. Those who came in were confidant of escape and never succeeded. Those who were taken out never came back again, whether for life or death he didn't know. Once more he wondered when his time would be. How much longer did he have to sit down here and watch as person after person went by him? He lifted his hand slowly up to his neck where his single manacle was fastened. He'd always had the one around his neck. His fingers traced the symbols etched into the hard steel. They kept him from using magic. Kept him from escaping.
Lowering his hand slowly, Jaciynth let his dark eyes roam about the new faces. He knew that they would be like all the rest. Confidant that this was not the end. That they could get out.
But no one ever got out. Ever. He shook his head, the chain connected to his neck shackle rattling against the stone floor.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:33 am 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea lay there listening. Besides the rattle of chains, she heard nothing. She couldn't stand the silence. She looked at the big man in the corner. She looked him up and down. His scent was not one she recognized. This only sparked her interest more.
"So, what's your story?" she asked him. He didn't look like the talkative type, so she didn't expect much of answer.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:57 pm 
The Broken One

Jaciynth's eyes darted to the one who spoke the question, his head staying stationary. His gaze stayed on her for a long time but he did not speak.
Slowly, he brought his eyes forward again to stare at the wall. "Mah story es mah own," he said with finality. His clipped accent made his voice seem even more hard.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:32 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Are you a swamplander?" She asked while standing on the chains halfway up the wall, that held her to it, trying to look out the window. A chilling breeze stung her sensitive ears. "Ooh, we're up somewhere alright..." She did a sort of flip with the chains landing right where she was. "I met a few swamplanders before but none you or any other one would know..." She smiled at their confusion.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:12 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea looked at the man for a second.
"That's an unusual accent," she said undetered. "Where are you from? Haven't met anyone like you before." She sniffed.
"You're different from all the rest." Aluillea gazed upon the man in wide-eyed wonder. She had the curiousity of a child and held no restrain over it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:41 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Narage's thoughts wandered back to the cream soda, and she squirmed again. "YURRRROW!" She whined. Looking desperatly around for a way to get it she noticed the runes on the Swamplander. "Yew'd be a mystic, correct?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:13 pm 
The Broken One

Jaciynth shot an aggrivated glance at the two curious females. "Maybe ah be, maybe ah not be." He pointed a perfunctuary finger at them both. "But ah woult no be worryin' aboot mah person. Be worryin' aboot yah own." With this, he turned to face the wall and sat with his back to them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:54 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea turned to Narage.
"Not very friendly, is he?" she commented to the cat. "So, where are you from? And what are inner wet hours?"

OOC: Yes, I know. She's a very curious person. She wants to know about everything. She tries to befriend everybody. Oh, and also, don't be surprised if she gives you a nickname.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:33 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

She feined being hurt. "Well, I for your info know magic and don't have runes on my chains. I can't recall a rust or dissinagration spell though..." She considered the question about her origins.... "Well, I am from somewhere far away... Same place we will be if we don't get out of here!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:50 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

OOC: I am sorry. Like Makla said, I was house sitting for a friend. And, I have a question about the surroundings. Are we all in one cell or just adjancent ones?

IC: A voice called from the opposite side of the dungeon. "Pay no attention to him," it said, soft as silk and warm as the summer sun. "He does not speak unless it suits him." A woman approached, also with a rune engraved collar about her neck but with more slack on her chain; enough to walk freely with. Her expression was sad as it swept across the others imprisoned. "As for leaving, that is impossible. Many have tried and failed, tried and failed. But of course, you think yourselves different, yes?" She smiled sadly at them. "The end is the same, no matter your courage. All who come here only leave by death."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:56 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: Same cell, me thinks.

IC: Narage sniffed. "You obviously never met a werecat. We're natural optimists, specially one with seven of her nine lives left. Besides, there is a certain aura about.... the good kind." She took anouther whiff of the cream soda to get her strength up, and then sat cross-legged on the ground. She meditated and wrote small delicate runes on the floor with her toes. "Iron, Air, what else?" She frowned as the answer still eluded her.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:03 pm 
Guardian of Mileenia

Renet awoke again. And rattled her chains.
Angry, she hit them in the ground although knowing it was helpless.
She stopped silence was broken by voices she could hear two voices near. Peeking through the thin in the wall she could see two people.
She then blew away the thin layer of dust covering it with a veil and saw them better.

---
OOC: Should we get this going its all talk no action.
So boring I'm quick reading peoples posts

Last edited by Crimsan on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:40 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: Sorry this is so slow, but I really wasn't very clear; I am trying to pry the other two elements of oxidation from you. More of a quiz than a riddle but I wanted to start off easy.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:31 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

"Okay james, Move along I've been sent to relieve you." *guards hands Skass the ear plugs explaining that one of them likes to yowl* "O.K. Thanks for the warning." * puts in earplugs and stands in front of the cell*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:47 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Time and Water! That's it! She smiled and wrote the last two symbols and drew an intricate circle around them, she glanced at the new guard and covered up the drawing. He didn't notice her and she chanted in a strange and beautiful language. "Compesa Nautuita Asicuet!" The shackles shimmered crimson and began to flutter down as rust. A burning sensation started on her arms as a few flakes of something touched her skin. She screamed as she looked up at the chains, which had been COVERED in iron and made from SILVER, to prevent magic. The metal burned her skin, flame starting as the holy and accursed touched.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:18 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

*sits down in chair, props feet on a desk and reads a book whistling a dark yet amazing tune, unknowing of the happening in the cell*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:10 am 
The Broken One

OOC: Me and Av are gonna combine our reply, okay?

IC: Jaciynth jumped to his feet, coming to the end of his chain. "Nay, yah musn' do such!" But too late. The werecat had already used the spell and was suffering the consiquences of her rash actions. Calmly, Jaciynth sat and watched as Narage wailed in pain.

OOC: I do not know if this is what you desired from this situation, Jishdefish. If you wished a different event, just say so and Makla and I will rewrite this entry.

IC:Calmly and quickly, the cream-skinned woman darted forward and grasped the howling werecat's afflicted arms. "Do not struggle," she said softly. Stroking the burning area's of the werecat's skin lightly with her finger-tips, she closed her eyes and began to hum. The burns dissappeared and healed, leaving the skin whole. Finished, the woman smiled kindly and then retreated once more to her corner.

"An' what did yah du that fer? Tha werecat did be deservin' what she gots. Es stupid enou' ta play whit magic." Jaciynth stared accusingly at the woman. "Tarya, ah swear, yah be stickin' yah nose where it no concerns yah an' yah'll be tha next one tah go!"

"Aye, maybe so, Jaciynth, but at least I aim to help the poor souls who are sent through this... this... godforsaken place!" Tarya's eyes burned into the black-skinned man. "Why do you think my chain is longer? Why do you think mine allows me at least a minimal use of magic? Because I cooperate! Because I keep the children of our God healthy and safe!"

"Onleh tah be offered oop fer tha slaughter! Where do yah think these creechas go? Tah freedom? Nay, ta death! They allow yah tah heal them onleh so tha full pleasha of torture es there!"

Tears threatening to spill down her cheeks, Tarya turned her back on Jaciynth. "Do not blame me. I am only doing the one thing I can as a helpless prisoner, which is more than can be said for you." And with that, she fell silent.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next