Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:52 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Revex gently slid sideways off his horse, his legs remaining in the same shape as he slid, until he was at a 90 degree angle from his horse. Extending his arms outwards, he dropped and elegantly rolled to a stop, with a large grin.

"So, while we stop for no real reason, how 'bout we get to know each other a bit better?"

Revex sat, his feet lying out in front of him, his arms behind him as he lent on them, in an extremely relaxed pose and with a more than slightly eccentric smile on his face.

"I'll start, because...Hell, we don't need a reason, I'll just go first."

Revex coughed, tucking the silken hair on the side of his face that wasn't covered by it behind his ear.

"I'm the black sheep of the royal family- A long way off from the king, like a duke's son's foster-son's cousin or something. Either way, I still get invited to the castle pretty much every month unless I do something to make dear ol' Kingy mad."

At this, he gave a little sideways glance at Fyre, but it lasted less than a second.

"As is tradition for my family, such as it is, as the first born of my dear mother, I was sent off to be a Runic Knight. Of course, having shapes and sounds that defy the laws of physics in my head since I was eight has had adverse effects. Mainly the fact that time and space are kinda relative to my eyes."

Looking at Elysian and winking, Revex added "Your child will have beautiful ginger hair, by the way."

"I'm sure you've noticed my rather strange mind-No they haven't, yes they have, no they haven't-Oh, just kidding.
Also, it's never been confirmed but I have a feeling my kids will be born glow in the dark."

Revex's "happy-because-why-the-hell-not?" attitude shined through when he talked.

"Well, anyway, after passing the rite of passage, I could have become a Dragoon in the Beast Corps, or stuck it out as a Runic Knight. I'd say it's obvious which one I picked. Anyway, after dealing with some minor matters, one medium matter and a trivial matter involving talking trees and a frog with pulsating eyes, I became a full fledged Runic Swordsman, got my sword-"
He paused to draw, hug, kiss and sheath his extremely long sword.
"And here I am, bringing some fairy tale warriors at the king’s request to help out with a matter of importance."

At this, Revex seemed to have exhausted himself, falling back and adding before the dust settled: "What’s for dinner?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:46 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Fyre was sitting closer to the fire than anyone else. he took his turn next.

I've already said about my position. however I am absent from my kingdom for reasons which are my own, but you can be assured that my father is in good health and we are on good terms.

my favourite hobby is hunting which i would do with my faithful manservant Geeves. we would hunt the deer in the forests of Volcania, which are wild and tangled.

an ember popped from the fire and landed on Fyre's hand, he didn't seem to notice it while he carried on talking.

And the fruit of the sun tree are so sweet, if I had some I would share it with you...

the smell of burning flesh got to Fyre's nose and he flicked the ember of his hand and quickly hid his hand beneath his other and tried not to make eye contact with anyone else... a few moments later he had moved back from the fire and his hand had no sign of a burn. he said nothing as the next person volunteered to speak.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:03 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Serenity appeared at the edge of the camp, a saddle pack over her shoulder and a cast iron pot hanging from one hand. Water sloshed out over the black sides as she walked, though she didn’t seem hindered much by the weight. Her ginger colored tabby trotted behind her, the rat he had caught earlier placed firmly between his teeth.

Wearing dirty, careworn, riding clothes, and with hair falling loose from her braid, Serenity hardly befit her given title. She took to the chore of heating the water with the experience of a poor witch woman, not nobility. Even her tools looked worn as she pulled them, one by one, from her bag.

Murmuring, she took the rat from her insistent cat and set it on a flattened rock alongside her. With a few whispered words from his master, he scampered back into the tall grass, heading back the way they had come.

Her gaze then fell momentarily on the group close by, as they recanted short tales from their past. Deciding to listen and not intrude on their conversation, she set to work over the small cooking fire she had created along the edge of the larger one they sat around.

<center>~~~</center>
It was not long before a delicious smell wafted towards the group. Serenity’s hair looked dampened. Her cheeks were flushed as a result of steam rising up from the stewing vegetables. Small glass jars filled with various dried plants littered the air and ground around her.

A saucepan sat off to the side, its contents sizzling. The smells of garlic and butter wafted up from the fish inside. Jynx sat to the side and watched his catch fry, pride etched in his features. Every now and then he would put out a paw and prod the cooking rat sitting in the fire.

Smiling, Serenity wondered how long it would take before someone finally went for the dishes.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:23 pm 
Tightwad

Chalgrish poked his head out of the thorn-bushes, his long golden hair catching on the dead branches. His clothes were slightly torn, and he had a number of scratches on his face.
He climbed up a tree, severing a branch from the trunk, making it crash to the ground below. As a dust cloud billowed up, he winced as everyone near the fire was coated with sand.

SORRY! Chalgrish called from his perch as he snatched leaves off of the still living branches. He jumped to the ground and walked over to the fire, dragging his branch along with him. As he started chiffonading the leaves, he caught a whiff of Serenity's fish. He looked at the sizzling catch and grinned.
Turning away, he pulled a facemask over his nose and mouth, then proceeded to strip the bracnh of its bark and twigs. He set the removed items to the side, and hacked away at the log with a hatchet as the others talked.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:45 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Fyre felt sure that no one had noticed his hand and allowed himself a little time to relax. he took out his whip and started to wind a thin strip of leather around the handle of it.

he held it up the fire light and nodded, all seemed good. with that he tucked it under his belt. the smell of cooking reached his nose and he smiled....

That's smells good, what's cooking?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:29 pm 

Post subject: can i join?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:26 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

hi can i join this rp

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:44 am 
British Redcoat

Silver looked up from her meal, the raw fish strewn over the rocks of her current riverside home. Alert ears caught the faint sounds of voices and the crash of timber brought her bolt upright. Straggly black hair fell over her shoulders, a crude sword strapped to her back by a strip of stolen leather. Rasied by wolves after her family was killed, she remains homesick to this day. Never stopping to gather provisions, she relies on stealth and charm to win peoples affections.

As the scent of fish caught her, she cast aside her own. scampering doggedly through the bushes, she hid behind a thick hawthorn bush on the edge of a pebble-strewn pathway. Her eyes were pinned to the cauldron, trying to figuire out what it was and its purpose. Looking up, eyes flashed emerald as she caught sight of a boy. Lip curled back in a snarl, showing white teeth stained with blood. Long, yellowish nails sharpened to points aided her in clearing a hollow in the prickly bush. She settled down, resting till the night came. Maybe then she would be able to steal a bite for herself, if the others hadn't finished it off by then.

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:49 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

ooc; can i join thsi rp?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:53 am 
Tightwad

OOC: NEITHER of you has been cleared to join this RPG, and as such, you have violated....nevermind. Just don't mpost here until Tourniquet says that you can.

Offline Profile