Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:14 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Who was this dragon? What did he want? And how had he known what she was? "Blacky" smiled at Ersska. It seemed friendly enough, but Ersska knew looks could be deceiving.

Just curious. If you don't wish to tell me, that will be just fine.

He was up to something. He was being too nice. Most folks would have Ersska pinned to the wall by now, trying to beat the answers out of her. But not this dragon. He didn't push the issue. This kind of reaction was new to Ersska. And she didn't know whether she should trust him.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Mordin sensed a sudden movment behind him. He did not turn around, instead he listened intensly. "Don't worry, I mean you no harm and I will not give your position away. That is why I landed softly. I didn't mean to startle you. If you don't mind me asking, why are you sneaking around? Are you a spy? Are you a naga?" He recognised the first voice as the black dragon. How did they escape his notice? Who was she talking to? A naga? This intrigued him, he had never seen a naga besides in textbooks.... Then he heard the dragon give itself a reply: "Just curious. If you don't wish to tell me, that will be just fine." Obviously something was afoot.... He stored this information, and again focused his attention on the Dragon and the Silver.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:59 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Ilelan took on a sarcastically ingratiating tone.

"Let me lay it out straight for you, as you seem to have difficulty understand the words coming out of my mouth," she began.

"I am no Chromatic. I am a Phase. And the famous characteristic of a Phase is its temper. The Elders might mellow out some with age, but the Youngers don't entertain thoughts of peace. We are a powerful kind, and we will fight to the death. But we fight for what is right by the Old Standards set by the Ancestors...and we will enforce them. We might be rare, but we have connections. Kill one of us and you turn the entire species against you. Killing one of us for ill reason marks you for death in the territory of any Phase you happen to come upon.

Our territories are vast, and cover wide areas."

Her eyes smoldered. "You are within my territory. I cover these grounds. Others have their territories within mine. I am the Watcher. If I see something I don't like I resolve it. You..."

She shoved her face closer again. "I don't like you. I state that clearly. You caused unnecessary trouble within my territory. not only that, but you've foolishly and stupidly turned the humans against you, causing even more problems, not only for yourself, but for any others that might come along, who might actually act decently. I don't like that. So I suggest you take my advice very seriously: shape up, or ship out in a bloody mess."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:37 am 
Cyberspace Addict

Desi saw Jadrian blink and guessed he could see again. he could hear the dragons talking and wondered whether to go up to them or to follow the woman that had been watching...he eventually decided to follow the dragons and walked out side the pub. He studied the walls of the pub, then thinking back to his days as a youngster in the woods of his home he jumped up and grabbed the wall before steadying himself and climbing up grasping at handholds and cursing the time he had spent out of practice. The dragons voices were growing louder as he neared the top and he could here them arguing about something.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:55 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Areon gritted his teeth, and his eyes were filled with anger. A white magic shield erupted from around him, pulsating white every few seconds.
He unsheathed his sword, ready for the attack from this dragon, with every second that went by he concentrated even more.
I am not afraid of you, dragon. This blade can cut dragon scales! He said, ending in a yell. He took up a ready stance, left leg back a little ways, right infront. He held his sword in a stabbing position. In his left open hand, white lightning jumped from finger tip to finger tip....a chain lightning spell was going to be used....His magic shield still up, and pulsating white every second.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:33 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Jadrian sighed, then sheathed his sword, and spit on his hands. He started climbing, and managed to reach the roof just as Areon yelled. He stood up, and drew his sword. "Alright! Enough with you already! You are going to destroy this city!" He threw his sword, trying to knock the half-dragon's from his hand, then unleashed energy, trying to pinch a vein in Areon and Ilelan's brains, making them fall asleep. He didn't know if it would work, but he hoped it would...

Gods I love that title.

Last edited by John on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:48 am 
Master Old Dragon

Ilelan took up her own battle stance, everything seeming to unfold in slow motion, with more than any half-blood could manage. Her wings fell low, bringing the razor sharp spikes at the wing joints to bear, and she cocked her triple spiked tail. She stood in such a way that would allow her to attack laft, right and center, all at once.

"I am not afraid of you, dragon. This blade can cut dragon scales!" the half-breed shouted.

You idiot, she hissed in her mind.

"You obviously haven't ever fought a Phase," she sneered. "Perhaps when you live five thousand years, you might understand. But, wait, I almost forgot...you'll never live that long."

Ilelan readied her white scales for attack, locking them down into an impenetrable armor that no blade, no matter how strong or blest, could cut. The Phases didn't use their own shed scales as currency if they hadn't had use to other softer bodied species...mainly plate armor or shields. It was how the Phases kept on the good side of humans.

As opposed to attacking willy nilly like this fool, waving his silly sword like he knew what he was doing. One wrong move and she would ignore the sword and completely rip the arm off. She could do it too. She's been known to render whole bulls into two pieces with one vicious wrench of her head.

But the stranger and newcomer didn't know that. He also didn't know that he was scared, which is why he was blustering so much about not being so. Ilelan never stated being afraid, because she didn't know the meaning of the word.

The best tactic she supposed in her heightened awareness would be to knock the sword free and away; it was an annoying object that would only get in the way. Next would be to rip his wings to shreds, or perhaps slam the tail barb into his back to cripple him. His own scales would never be able to withstand the force of that blow.

She arched her back high, her entire spine bristling with quills and spikes and making an impenetrable forest of armor that would serve only to trap weapons. Her vision spread out, everything slowed way down, as her senses and reflexes took on something like spider sense.

"Your move," she rumbled.

But about that time Jadrian jumped up and shouted at them, knocking aside Areons sword and trying to cast a spell on them.

Ilelan only spun and snapped her jaws so close to his head that he would have felt the breeze.

"Back off, pest!" she hissed. "This is not your fight."

(OOC: You're free to attack her, but I warn you: she will not stop fighting until either A) she's killed or B) she's the victor.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:02 pm 

Jadrian finally gave up. He then saw a large beam of heavy wood hanging above the dragon. "If you say so..." He then tossed his dagger up, threw the rope that held the beam up. It crashed on top of the dragon, and he hoped it would stun her.

Gods I love that title.

Last edited by John on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:05 pm 
Solitary Serpent

The bronze took off. Still not aware (or refusing to acknowledge the presence) of the creatures behind him. Ersska saw him take off. She turned to "Blacky" and gave him an inquiring look.
"Why do you want to know?" she asked. "Of what interest am I to you?"

OOC: Neco, it's no fun if your character is totally invincible. And just because they do things a certain way in one forum, doesn't mean that we're gonna do it the same way. Everybody's different. Please lighten up. This is suppose to be fun.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:12 pm 

Jadrian grinned as the beam fell, then frowned as it bounced of Ilelan's neck. This was going to be more difficult then he thought...

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:57 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

OOC: John, your controlling characters now....that is highly discouraged on Cheat Planet, I know this isnt CP but still, you cant just say you knocked his sword out of his hand, first of all his magic shield would stop you from doing such a thing.:OOC

Areon saw the human's pathetic attempt at knocking his sword away, the human didn't even get his hand through the magic shield. He began to run at Ilelan, when he heard screams, and then a fireball, a huge fireball flew over his head. He stopped charging, dropping his arm, and sword to his side. He looked down below and saw dark figures, wearing adamantine armors and wielding adamantine swords......drow he thought.
He knew drow could get up to the surfice near waterdeep, but not really try to attack it.
Drow..... He muttered Ilelan lets pospone this fight till later, there's drow down there... And with that he jumped down from the roof, using his wings as a parachute/glider to get safely to the ground. His shield dissipated, he blocked a slash with his forearm, the blade recoiling off, he slashed at his drowish enemy, slashing high at the throat. The drow ducked and slashed at Areon. Areon ducked and inhaled, quickly exhaling a cone of frost from his mouth, instantly freezing the drow, and a couple other drow behind it. Drow were everywhere in the city, atleast five hundred, this wasn't a raid it was an invasion. The underdark had unleashed it's hordes to the surfice. If only they could push them back, back into their holes, they'd win..

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:56 pm 
Master Old Dragon

(OOC: Ersska, see OOC. John you too. Heavyman also, about the drow.)

"Drow....." Areon muttered. "Ilelan lets post-pone this fight till later, there's drow down there.

Ilelan turned and glared down off the roof, at the dark figures below swarming around as Areon tore through them.

"Drow indeed," she said. One separated itself from the pack surrounding Areon. Ilelan zeroed in on it.

"Fresh meat," she said, and inhaled deeply, expanding lungs and breast. When she loosed her breath weapon, a narrow, highly concentrated jet of blinding white flame fired from the back of her mouth. It engulfed the drow, burning it to ash. It had only enough time to scream before it was incinerated.

Better the narrow jet, she thought. She didn't want to set the whole place afire.

She sat up of the roof tops, covering the half bloods back, casually burning drow like they were summer leaves. The quarters below were too cramped for her fighting style (one on one it was fine, but she preffered to deal with hordes in sweeping dives).[/i]

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:36 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Andromeda looked at the naga and said very calmly,

I'm just curious. When I see someone sneaking around and acting like a spy, I start to wander what they are doing.

Andromeda pauses as he saw Ilelans' glorious white flame. Ever since he was a kid, he always held those dragons who can breath white flame in high regard. After a little while (around 8 or 10 seconds) he continued where he left off.

I'm sorry that the bronze left and you weren't able to monitor him because I interrupted you. I like your stealthy style and you definitely have some skill, it is that fact that I respect you. As an honorable warrior I must respect your decision not to tell me what you are doing here and why you are here. I will leave you to your work now.

With that said, Andromeda turned around and walked to the edge of the roof that they were on. He then spreaded his wings wide open and scaned the surounding area, trying to decied where to fly off to...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:50 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Wait!" Ersska called after the black dragon as he walked off. "How do you know what I am? And what do you know of this little group?"
She ignored the battle below. The drow were of no interest to her right now.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:42 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Andromeda turned around at the sound of the nagas voice.

To answer your first question, I know what you are by your smell. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you stink it's just that each species has its' own distinct sent. To answer your second question, I don't know much but I will tell you anyway. As far as I know, the bronze dragons' name is Mordin, the werewolfs' name is Mia, the half-breads' name is Areon, the phase dragons' name is Ilelan, the other one is named Jadrian. All I know about the group as a hole is that they meet each other in the pub and that they have a common dislike for mankind.

Andromeda said in reply to her question...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:51 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
OOC: Yeah ignore the last post.... Thank you for not making me look like an idiot by attacking you with your sword still in your hand Heavyman. :oops: I will now pick up before the last post....

IC: Mordin smelled something.... Something dank and (he wished for a better word) evil. He took off leaving the dragon and the naga to thier own business. He landed on a nearby chapel to get a vantage point. He didn't see anything.... He took ahold of his blade, Hearing the sizzle of the cool scales on the reactive metal. Pain hightened his senses, as he learned from when he was a child. Then he saw them. "Darn. Drows? Now?" He wondered why they came to the surface.... they usually only came on the new moon acording to the stories..... He heard a faint scream from within the chapel he was on. Holy ground he did not like, but he wouldn't let those creatures harm anyone. Mordin glided to the road and entered the church. One tackled him into a nearby bench. He roared at the pain and struck the poor creature down with his mighty breath. A bit overkill but he did not like being surprized.... He heared anouther scream from the adjoining room....

OOC: This is a good chance for you to come in Mia, being seperated from the group and all......

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:51 am 
Solitary Serpent

. . .each species. . .

Those words echoed in Ersska mind. That meant that there were more like her or had been. But if there were more, why hadn't she found them?
"Where are they? The others? Where? I have found none. I'm the only one." Ersska was staring intently at the black dragon now, waiting for his reply.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:01 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Andromeda pondered about her question for a little while. Then he finally said

Now that I think of it... no. You are not the last one, but I do fear that you are the last in your generation in this area. I ran upon a area with nagas, but not many.

Andromeda said unhappily. He had witnessed the extinction of a species before...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:21 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Ersska's mind was racing. There were more. This information excited her. She couldn't think straight. . .She had to do something, needed to do something. Without another word, Ersska gave "Blacky" one final look, then jumped down to join in the fray, hope the black one would follow.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:05 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Andromeda saw the naga jump off the roof and wondered if he should follow.

Well she did give me "the look". I guess she wants me to follow her.

After saying that Andromeda opened his wings and took to the air. From the sky, he followed the naga wondering

Where is she taking me?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:41 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Ilelan shouted out to the others.

"We must seal the the opening!" she cried. "The gap must be closed!"

She loosed a jet of flame again, taking out two drow and mortally wounding a third, then tucked head and wings out of the way as a drow that had seized hold of a sharp broken awning pole decided it would be smart to try and stab her with it.

Ilelan twisted and clamped her jaws on the wood, wrestling it from the dark elfs grasp and flinging it to the side, before loosing a war howl and diving straight into the fray from the roof.

She landed in the midst of a packed group of drow...and the short fight that ensued rather resembled a blender going through a pound of fruit. Claws found vulnerable flesh through the cracks in armor, or ripped armor off completely, heads were rendered seprate from the bodies helmets and all, and swords were taken and used upon their own weilders.

The drow that survived intact retreated to gather themselves again for another assault, giving Ilelan the brief breather she needed to really work herself into a blood rage. She found herself near Areon...

...and a drow coming down on him from behind.

She never shouted to him to distract him, but suddenly the draw found his sword flying from hands, and then a powerful pair of arms came about him and lifted him clear from the ground.

Ilelan slammed her full body weight on him, flipping him and driving his skull down onto the neck bones, shattering them and killing them instantly.

Ilelan tossed the body aside and readied for the next wave.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:46 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

He burst into the room and quickly decapitated anouther of the slimy beasts, that was attacking a nun. She looked stunned as she was splattered with its blood. "Sorry miss, to bother you, but are there any others around?" She shook her head, slowly. "Right then, if you will excuse me--" He left the room leaving her in a puddle of the wrech's blood.

He stepped out of the church just as a naga jumped into the street, and a dragon followed shortly after, to join skirmish against the drows. He also noticed the Phase and the Silver half-breed among them. Mordin ran across to them, killing several drows with his still burning sword. While dismembering a couple of drow arms he shouted to the silver: "Where do you think they are coming from?" Just then a drow took him by the hair and slamed his head into a nearby wall. The world swam before him.... Disappearing in a fog of darkness.....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:36 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Areon slashed and stabbed. Killing two drow. He turned to face another group of drow, he began parrying with his sword, and using his left arm as a shield, his scales were the things that kept the swords from penetrating his arm, not even a scratch. Out of his fingers on his left hand came lightning. The lightning jumped from victim to victim, killing ten drow. He heard something land behind him, Ilelan probably. He breathed his icy breath on the next wave, freezing them to death instantly, then he threw a fireball in their midst and it shattered them into small pieces of ice.

All of you that can fly, we must get to the entrance to undermountain maybe we can seal it off!

And with that he unfolded his silvery wings, and flapped them, taking off into the air. He sheathed Wyrm's Bane. He began throwing fireballs down onto the enemy, killing several drow. He soon landed at the entrance to undermountain, the cave entrance was large easily could fit a juvenile dragon, on each side of the entrance were two torches, and in the immediate viccinity of the cave there was no grass, not even a weed.
The cave was dark, perfect for drow. Then drow began puring out, and going towards the housing all around the area, and at him. They qwere followed by beholders, monsters that resembled a ball with one eye in the center, and a mouth full of spear like teeth, and tentalces with an eye on the end of each tentacle. Then came a few Illithids, the squid headed creatures were hideous, they were the greatest psionicists, and liked to suck the brain out of their victims as food. He readied himself, sword drawn, in his battle stance. He prepared to throw a fireball.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:22 am 
Solitary Serpent

Ersska landed in the street just in time to see the bronze come out of a church. She drew her elbow blades and with deadly accuracy and precision, she began slashing away at the nearest drow.
"Where are they coming from?" Ersska wondered. These horrible little creatures seem to be sprouting from the ground. Ersska ducked and weaved, avoiding one attack here and dealing out her own attacks there. She looked around at the others. The silver was a few yards away from her. The white dragon was behind him, raining chaos down upon the drow. The werewolf was nowhere to be seen, neither was the human or the elf. Ersska spotted the bronze just as his head hit the wall. She had no time to see if he was okay.

All. . .fly,. . .undermountain maybe. . .seal it off!

Because of the drow, Ersska only heard part of the message. She saw the silver take off. Where was he going? What is a undermountain? Ersska had no time to ponder this. More and more drow came at her. It was getting harder and harder to dodge their blows. Despite all her attempts, she was getting cut and bruised. Her attacks didn't seem to even make a dent in this endless crowd. It was as if for every drow she killed, two more took its place.
"Enough of this!" Ersska bellowed. Suddenly, wings erupted from her back, knocking some of the drow off their feet. Her legs became a long jade tail. Her hands began to look more claw-like. Her pupils became narrow slits like a cat's. And a set of long fangs grew in her mouth. She put her elbow blades away, and began to attack the drow like a wild animal, literally fighting tooth and nail (and tail). Ersska clawed and bit at the drow, dealing out her deadly poison. She took out whole waves of drow with her tail. She had fun slowly constricting a few. Her wings acted like shields, although they were thin, they were tough and big enough to provide a good amount of coverage. Ersska began to laugh hysterically, she hadn't had this much fun and excitement in ages.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:02 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Andromeda followed above Areon, blasting almost every drow in site.

How do you plain on destroying the opening half-bread?

Andromeda said as he was blasting the drow and following Areon.

(OOC: Sorry I didnt say much here, I'm pressed for time right now.)

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next