Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:25 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Xander wrapped the cloak around him and was amazed at how well it looked. they would make their trek alot easier, these cloaks would.

Xander motioned to orb, who flew under the cloak and hovered around his knees.

Xander: I'm sure that if needed the Archmage would allow us back through. he's thinking of the security of the tower here.

he shivered...odd he thought...no wind and a new cloak on, why was he shivering. then he saw it...a stretch of ice was heading towards them on the floor, like a frost which was creeping along the ground...this could only herald one thing.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:03 pm 

John grunted, then flipped his claymore up, around, and into it's sheath. "No Battles? HOw are we supposed to do anything then? I mean, I'm gonna get extremely bored if we can't do anything around here."

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:57 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Mary Ann shoved John lightly

"you really need to get better priorities, and dont worry if there is a monster following that ice im sure youll get to fight a bit if only to run afterwords."

Faring snorted in Mary Ann's ear,

now is not the time to be messing around

Mary Ann shrugged and turned to face the ever advancing ice.

"does anyone know what that is?"

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:08 pm 

John considered Mary Ann's words, shrugged and grinned. "Aye...COurse it's always much more fun if you can stay and fight the nice little monsters."

OOC: Like this :thwack:

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:24 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann snorted

"yeah you really need to get your priorities straight, or at least a little better."

Faring fluttered next to her

there's evil afoot i can sense it. we must be careful

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:03 pm 

Jadrian snorted. "My priorities are straight. Fight, eat and sleep, with tactful retreat somewhere in there." He grinned, the noticed the Ice for the first time. He crouched down on his haunches, then poked the Ice with a stick.

OOC: Is this going to like incapacitate him?

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:40 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann shook her head,

" i'll never understand him"

she then turned her focus onto the appraoching ice.

"it may be evil......but then again it's just ice so i could try to melt it and see what happens."

ooc:john only if u want it to. and wut would happen if i melted it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:28 pm 

Ammania looked at the approaching ice,

Ammania: I think that poking it with a stick isn't such a good idea Jadrian.

as he did the ice started to creep up the stick.

Ammania: it's not a demon as such, but it's not friendly. If you want to become and icy statue I suggest touching it, if not then we can out move it.

Xander looked suspciously at it.

Xander: I've seen it before. it's like a dog sent ahead to sniff out the enemy. once it detects us it'll call it's master and then we'll be in trouble. just don't touch it and don't alert it to our presence.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:23 pm 

OOC: Erm...Fyre, Jadrian's already touched it, but hokay, and his name's Jadrian! Jadrian!!

IC:Jadrian dropped the stick like a naughty child as he heard Fyre speak, and rubbed his hands together. He drew his claymore, then walked off, looking around.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:25 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Ammania looked around and pointed to a nearby building that was still mostly intact and headed towards it.

"We can hide in here for a little while and rest. Sleep when you can, it will be one of the only reprieve's you get for awhile."

She set down her pack and pulled a little figurine out of her pocket and placed it on the ground. Soon a grey mist surrounded her and the figurine and began to take the shape of a large black panther, then Ser was standing next to her. She rubbed his head an scratched behind his ears once he was solid.

"We'll be safe here for awhile, Ser and I will patrol the building and take first watch, everyone else get some rest if you want. We'll be moving out soon."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:50 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann paced and watched the ice. she turned to Xander,

"what will happen if i try to melt it? is it's a type of beast or is it kinda like a magic?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:52 pm 

The group were in the building Ammania had picked out. the Ice had passed them by.

Xander: luckily this time we went unnoticed.

he turned to Jadrian,

Xander: I'm guessing the Ice didn't recognise the stick as a threat because it was not alive. if you had touched it then maybe that was a different story.

the Ice path had veered off and out of the square.

Xander: we can take no chances though.

he watched it creeping away, the cracking sound of the Ice, hunting for prey.

Orb: Xander, we should be careful, we are thick in the enemy territory.

Xander nodded and sat down against the wall. Orb was floating next to him and somewhere in his head he heard the belt of summoning, the archmage had given him, calling to be used.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:57 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann waited until Xander talked to Jadrian and tried again

"what will happen if i melt the ice? do you know?"

Faring squaked a bit the try to get Xander's attention, he seemed offf in his own little world. Mary Ann tapped his shoulder,

"hello, earth to Xander, come back to us Xander."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:10 pm 

Xander blinked and focused on Mary Ann.

XandeR: huh? what? oh right, well it's gone for now, I shouldn't imagine melting it would help much. I think that it would know we are here if we did. keeping quiet and out of its way is the best course of action.

his eyes were heavy. it suddenly dawned on him that he hadn't rested in a long time. he let his eyes closed. "just a few minutes" he told himself.

in his dream he saw Orb, flying around frantically, searching, scanning for something then he noticed. he was lying on the floor, dead or dying and Orb was at a loss as to what to do...then a flash of white light hit orb and he transformed...the summon he became wasn't shown to Xander as his dream moved on to something different.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:49 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann shook her head as she left Xander to sleep. she turned to the others and saw most of them were doing the same. Faring turned to face her from his post on the remains of an old stone wall,

you should also get some sleep, its been a hard and long day

Mary Ann smiled,

"i will if you will."

very well then i will get some sleep too

he flew over and curled up next to Mary Ann as she settled down to sleep. she stroked his head,

"there really isnt anything to do but wait, we dont really know what we are up against."[/i]

she drifted to sleep and dreamed of being back home in the woods.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:22 pm 

Jadrian glanced at Xander, then at Mary Ann, then shrugged and sat down, yawning slightly, and glanced at the ice. he would never understand magic, no matter how hard he tried. He glanced at Mary Ann again, and grinned. He was known for his rather heavy sense of humor, but even he ibjected to the comment about Xander being out of this world for however long. Xander was one of the most down to earth guys Jad had ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:31 pm 

Orb woke Xander up. it was daylight, if you could call the gloom outside, daylight. it was marginally lighter then before though. Xander stretched and yawned and looked around him. the others were still sleeping some perhaps were stiring and starting to wake. Ammania wasn't among them. he sat bolt upright and gathered his things. he dashed out of the door. the square was empty. across from him the entrance to the Catacombs still hummed with magick. he looked up at the sky.

Orb: at least we'll have less disturbance in the daytime. even with the gloom it's too light for most of the fiends to tolerate.

Xander nodded in agreement. Trolls and Orcs would run around but the Wraths and dark fiends would be housebound until night fall.

Orb: I see Ammania,

he said as he floated down to Xander.

Orb: she's on the roof of the place we slept in and she is asleep too.

Xander: you think she kept watch all night?

Orb: I doubt it.

he flew up to Ammania and nudged her awake.

Ammania woke with a startle, she was unused to Orb at the best of times. she feared she was being attacked and it took a few moments to realise Orb was a friend.

Ammania: what time is it Orb?

Orb just hung there. he could not speak to anyone but Xander.

Xander: It's time to get moving.

he shouted up from below. Orb had relayed the message to him.

at the sound of his voice the others inside started to wake up too.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:21 pm 

JAdrian cocked an eyebrow. "I see that your little light can not speak to anyone but yourself...Ah well. I was watching Amania the entire time. She was fine. Oh yes, I stayed awake. up in the Northlands, if you fallasleep outside of your village, you die." Jadrian stood up and stretched. "Anyways, I doubt that there are any more monsters left here after our last day and a half here."

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:35 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann awoke and heard Jadrian's comment, she shook her head. no wonder he was obsessed with fighting. She tuned and nudged Faring awake then went to join the group.

" What are we going to do next? it seems that something is missing around here and it gives me teh creeps."

Faring flew onto her shoulder and gave a small hiss. she turned to where he was looking and saw something approaching.

"Ummm.......what is that?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:54 pm 

alerted by Farings warning Ammania looked at the approaching figure. it was a man, no more than a lone old man. something about him put Orb's back up and he was quick to tell Xander this.

Xander: be wary of this character.

the man shuffled on past them, oblivious to their presence or so it seemed. a shreek made them turn back to look the way the man had come.

Xander: he was a scout. his job is done and now his master is coming!

a great winged behemoth landed in the square infront of the team

(ooc, we have the making of a Final Fantasy esque team battle here!)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 am 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann backed up,

"why do we always seem to be unaware when these things pop up? couldnt they give us a better warning, i don't know, a sign or letter or something?"

Faring turned his head to look at her

now it not the time to joke

"it wasnt exactly a joke just a bit of an exageration. i do wish we could have more time to prepare sometimes. Ahh well wishfull thinking really never gets to far now does it?"

Mary Ann turned towards to Behemoth.

"last time we fought one of these we really didnt do to well.....any suggestions?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:51 am 

Xander smirked.

Xander: we can but learn from our past and try harder.

Orb was growing impatient and wanted to get into the fight he flew to Xanders side and rested beneath his hand.

Orb: Use it Xander, use the holy summon

Xander's mind flashed an image of the unicorn, the holy creature Orb had learned. they hadn't tried it out yet and were unsure of the effect but there was no time like now to test it.

Orb dissapeard. and before Xander a glowing white portal appear. it grew wider and wider and Xander reached into it, he caught hold of something and pulled through a staff, a beam of energy, was shooting from the staff into the void beyond. Xander pulled again and the Holy Unicorn stepped through. as it did the portal closed and the beam disconected with the staff. Xanders clothes took on a white colour and his grey eyes glowed.

Xander: We have no time to loose this beast must be taken care of.

The Unicorn reared up and neighed. then with a snort it started to gallop towards the behemoth. It's horn tip sparlking with holy light, as it got closer the tip grew brighter and brighter until a flash came from it and headed towards the behemoth. it sliced through the behemoths hide on it's hide leg and the creature let out a howl. it flicked it's tail and knocked the Unicorn through a wall into a building. Xander jumped forwards towards where the summon lay.

Xander: come on guys, let's do this!

from behind the Behemoth Ammanis lurked in the shadows she pulled her bow free and notched an arrow she pulled the string back as tight as she could and let it loose. it flew and impacted behind the knee of the behemoth the concusive force of the arrow blew a tiny portion of the muscle away and the creature howled in pain again.

with a shake of the behemoths head it's horn glowed bright and then it's body was engulfed in a red light. when the light subsided the wounds had healed.

Xander: how can we kill something which can heal itself?

Ammania: We Wear it down!

she grinned as she sent volley after volley in the direction of the Behemoth.
this battle was going to be a long one and they still had to get to the Western City.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:11 am 

Jadrian frowned, then loosened his buckler straps. Hpefully, the trick his grandfather had taught him would work. he drew back his arm, and swung it forward, throwing the buckler. It struck home, smacking into the creatures chest, and he took the distraction to pullout his dirk and Sgian Dru. he ran behind the creature, and then jumped onto it's back, and began pommeling the creature's head and neck eith the two knives.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:00 pm 
Silver sorceress

Msry Ann closed her eyes and summoned heat from around her. she opened her eyes and sent a streak of fire staight towards the behemoth's chest. she looked around, everyone was fighting, but it seemed that it would take a long time to tire out the behemoth. Faring landed on her shoulder and an image of blackness flashed through her head. she looked at Faring,

"it's to dangerous are you crazy? i dont think that i could i've never actually done that full out."

[i]you can do it

"ok"

she turned to the group

"everyone back up! i'm going to try something and it may be a bit dangerous"

She looked to make sure tha everyone had backed up and then turned to focus. FAring gave an encouraging chirp in her ear as she let loose a mist if blackness. Mary Ann aimed the blackness towards the behemoth and it started swirling. the behemoth shreiked as it struggled to get free of the blackness as it slowly pulled it into its depths. all of a sudden the behemoth was gone and the blackness disappeared.

Mary Ann turned back towards the group,

"we better get going that may have attracted others."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:52 pm 

Jadrian called down from a burial hole, where he had jumped when he heard Mary Ann. "HOld on a minute!" He jumped out of the burial hole and crashed into the ground, then grabed his weapons. "I think Mary Ann is right, we should go."

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next