Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

Post subject: The Battle of Castria
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:23 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

There were four of them. Large brutish creatures, each one of them were easily 6 to 7 feet tall. They moved down the streets of the city, double checking all the buildings that their bretherin had just cleared.

"Always we get stuck on clean-up. Why not they send someone else. We not see fight in long time. This boring." One of the orcs complained to the other three.

Little did the orc know, his wish was soon to come true. For the past 2 days they had been shadowed and never realized it. Amannia was perched in the building across the street from the one they had just entered. She waited until they exited the building and sprung her trap.

As soon as the first one was completely out of the doorway and the second one was taking his first step out, she let fly her arrows. The first one found it's mark in the chest of the first orc, then the second one was hit in the leg knocked flat on it's back from the burst of electricty from the arrow, another one ended it's pain. The last two on the other hand were quick enough to dodge her shots and get back into the building.

Soon the orcs were returning fire, but their shots were blind and wild. They had taken up a good position and would not allow her a good enough angle to take her shots at them. Soon they were running screaming from the building, something about a demon cat. As soon as they set foot outside the door they dropped like flies, an arrow in each of them, smoldering flesh surounding the arrows. Shortly she joined up with her panther companion, Ser, and they set off in the direction of the base camp for this district of the city.

About 3 hours later she arrived back at camp, taking the long way back, and backtracking several times to avoid be followed. She reported to her commanding officer that her mission had been a success, but he had some pressing matters of more importance with her.

"Amannia, you have been a most valuable warrior in the city's defense and I'm sure without you our unit would not have been able to get this far back into the lost sections. But, I've recieved orders from higher up in command that I am to pick my best and send them back to Headquarters at the Archmage's Tower for a special assignment. Your the best I've got, so I'm sending you back to the Archmage's Tower, there you'll get the rest of your orders there. Good Luck girl, and try not to get yourself killed. I wont be there to save you next time."

After she gathered up her things, she made her way to the Archmages's Tower, hopefully would get there within a day's hard travel.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:55 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

The request was simple enough, head to the Archmages tower. Xander knew what he was required to do in this forsaken city, but getting to the this tower was proving more troublesome then he had first imagined.

Not owning much in the way of a weapon he was relying on Orb to warn him of danger. Orb would scout ahead and through their mind link, he would send back warnings.

Xander had remained hidden in the shadows for most of the journey, quite an easy thing to do in such a desolate place. He sat down behind some rubble with the intention of rest and Orb floated back to him.

Orb: *You shouldn't rest so much*

Xander: what? you may find this journey easy, but we humans get weary eventually. we have been walking for what seems like days.

Orb: *yes Xander and we are almost there, you would sit down now and rest as opposed to finish and then rest fully?*

ofcourse Orb was right, so following his friends advice Xander stood up and continued his trudge. his leather shoes were starting to give him blisters and he knew he would have to seek out a healer to sort it out, when he reached the tower...turning a corner his train of thought was rudely interupted, there ahead was a large, brutish Orc, in its hand was a glass jar, inside of which was Orb.

Orb: *Xander, help me this thing has caught me*

Xander: hey! you.

the foul creature turned to him. his small eyes narrowed.

Orc: this yours? I caught it, I am told "take it to my master".

Xander: shame it doesn't belong to you then huh!? besides, I've not known a vessel that can keep Orb captive for very long. not when I'm around anyway.

and this is where Xander's special bond with Orb came into play. with a thought, as brief as an image, in Xanders mind, the jar shattered and Orb swelled up in size, he grew a head and arms and his hair blew with the playfulness of the wind. his lower body was enshrouded in a mist and he floated there waiting for Xanders second command.

Xander: don't you know a summoners familiar when you see one?

Orb flew up above the Orc and put stretched out his blue arm. the silk like cloth draped down from it barely concealing him. he was an air sprite for now and his job was clear. he grasped the air and a bow appeared, pulling back an invisible string with his right hand Orb loaded the bow with Arrows of air. he released them and the force of them crushed the Orcs skull beneath.

Xander: Thankyou Orb.

Orb flew down and landed beside Xander...

Orb: *think nothing of it, what else would I do my friend*

Xanders mind flashed the mental command to return to his normal state and there before him, hung Orb, in his orb form.

Xander: I fear I rely too much on you!

Orb: *it is my purpose in life to be your companion and aide*

Xander: yes, but if we loose contact then we are both helpless though. you cannot change without my command and I cannot defend myself very well either.

Orb: *then you should learn to, come not far now, follow me*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:50 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee watched as the odd man left the place she considered her sanctuary, she noticed that he didn't take anything, but that he left something behind instead. She approached the parchment slowly, quickly scanning it's contents before tossing it into a nearby fire, watching as it went up in smoke.

'The Archmages Tower uh,' she thought to herself. 'This is going to be fun.'

She quickly grabbed her locking picking tools and her dagger, since it was never safe for anyone to travel unarmed, let alone a female half-elf.

"Well, lets go see what the big guys want." she said to no one in particular as she set off for the Tower.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:33 am 

Jadrian watched as the mage and his glowing light defeated the Orc splendidly. He grinned as the container exploded, and was suprised at the coordination the two displayed. After the Orc lay dead, Jadrian jumped off of the top of the hut and landed, feet first, about a yard behind the mage. He laughed as the mage turned, and held his hands up, the universal expression for "I dont have a huge bloody weapon with which I'm going to kill you." Jadrian laughed again, and started talking, cause that little light looked like it was going to do something fast;

"Och aye laddie! you and your wee bright light are some brawny fine fighters! Im aguessin though youd like some wee help in the combat department. Wanna stick together in all this, or should we go are seperate ways?"

Jadrian spat into his palmand held it out, wait ting for the mage's reaction

OCC: dont make my character do things that you want him to do! Im god of my character!

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:03 pm 
King of Dragons

A shriek is heard from a nearby alley followed by a clatter. Charisma walked out from behind the wall with a very irritated look on her face. Her raven hair was a mess and her robes were ripped down the side. "Useless piece of junk!" she said and kicked a toppled trash bin. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "Forgive me Heavenly Father for the profanity I uttered." She raised her hands in prayer. She didn't seem to notice anything else but her own path as she concentrated, but yet again, she tripped and fell flat on her face. She wiped blood off her cheek as she stood up, deliberately striding around dips in the road.

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:39 pm 

Xander eyed the man cautiously, Orb hung silently by his side, silent to all but Xander.

Orb: *I suggest you leave this place, we are so close to the tower*

he rose up in the air above the rooftops.

Orb: *it's just over there*

Xander: you say I am a brawny fighter and then think I need help with combat? why do you say this? and just who are you?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:45 pm 

JAdrian stopped grinning and put his hand down.

"It was merely a compliment, but if you want ta go your own way, thas fine with me. I merely was offerin a han in freinship, and if you dont want help, so be it. I was merely offering my help." Jadrian drew his claymore, and turned. Was that shadow moving, or was it his imagination...

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:21 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

Asuna's music echoed over the scene. As usual she was clueless to the events happening around her. She continued to walk. She put her ocarina back in her bagand strode up to the lady with the riped robes" heh....you must be really clumsy to trip over this huge thing." She said Pointing at the trash can. As she looked around people were stareing at her and the girl." What are you looking at?" She said to the bystanders.

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:49 pm 

Xander turned, confident that Orb was keeping a watch on the man.

Orb: *sometimes I don't understand you humans.*

Xander: we are a comlicated race of creature that's for sure. I'm not sure what he was, but I didn't get good vibes from him.

Orb: *I think you were wise not trusting him so readily, this city is a very dangerous place, the sooner we get to the tower the better.*

They turned a corner and there before them was a large courtyard across the courtyard was the last district of the city they had to pass through to reach the tower. The Archmage's tower was emense and dominated the skyline it's huge stature gave a false idea of just how far away it was. about half a days walk Xander figured.

Xander: well lets go then.

he stepped into the courtyard and the moonlight shone down on his face, his pale skin, giving a ghostly appearance. the Shadows around the edge of the courtyard were deep and dark, the possibility of them hiding a foul denizen was high.

Suddenly Orb glowed bright red, this could only mean one thing.

Xander: where is it my friend, where's the danger?

Orb: *over in the northeastern corner, there is some kind of demon there.*

Xander surveyed the corner in question and sure enough his eyes picked out the red glow from another pair of eyes. they were staring right back at him...Suddenly Orb's colour became more intense.

Orb:* two more, behind you moving in fast*

Xander: a trap, how clever...

he closed his eyes and held out his hand, he touched Orb and a simple image command flashed before his minds eye. when his hand touch Orb it ignited him...Orb's red colour burned with the intensity of the sun and grew and stretched until the outline of a huge cat like creature stood before Xander. as the flames cleared the Emporer Tiger stood before Xander. This was his first summon he had mastered and as such was the one he trusted the most and knew the best.

Xander ruffled the fur on the beasts back and stood beside him. Orb's eyes narrowed as he focused on his prey. the shadow demons now surrounding his master.

Orb: *let's see how a shadow demon fairs against fire*

his tail lit up and his mane ignited and flickered up around his head as he opened his mouth. focused between his canine teeth a fire ball began to grow until it was size of a volleyball. Orb gripped his claws into the cobbles and shot the ball forward. it obliterated the first shadow demon. the second snarled and made a lunge for Orb, but was met by a swipe from one of Orbs mighty paws, claws exposed.

Xander crouched behind Orb as he reared up on his hind legs and slashed down with his claws, when the Shadow creature was on the floor and weakend Orb finished him off like the first one.

Xander turned to the corner where the red eyed demon had been, it was gone, Orb returned to his normal state.

Xander: The third one left

Orb: *maybe it was a test for us, maybe the enemy is seeing how the Archmage's new hero's fair...I think we have proved them we are a force to be reckoned with...*

Xander: like I said before though Orb, we are powerless without each other.

with that they set off down an alleyway.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:06 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee watched the man and his orb silently, never letting either of tthem know that she was there.

Note to self, do not under estimate the man with the orb.'

She looked up to see the tower, in all its glory. She called ahead to the man. "Hey, mind if I tag along. I've never actually been to the Archmages Tower, and while I can see it from here, it would probably be safer for me to travel with someone. I can be useful. I'm a rogue by trade, although I don't steal from those I introduce myself too. What do you say?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:31 pm 

Xander turned back and Orb told him that there was no danger immediate.

Xander: are you going to the tower too?

Orb: *duh*

there was something about this woman which made him sure he could trust her, some kind of timeless quality.

Xander: I'd be glad of the company. to tell the truth, we have seen two battles in the past 2 hours so it's better for us to travel together.

What he wasn't saying is that transforming Orb into a summon was a tiring process and the less he needed to do it, the better.

Xander: shall we?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:44 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee smiled. It was odd for someone to not ask a zillion questions upon meeting her. "Let's go Mister. Oh, before i forget. My name is Renee, Renee Bloodthorn." she rummaged through the bag at her side. "Her, it's an energy drink. It's not much, and tastes kinda funny, but it'll help."

"I haven't been inany battles yet, but then again, I tend to stay in the shadows, safer for me that way, especially when I travel on my own. I...I don't usually travel with people, but you and your orb are the safest people I've come across in the last 10 years.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:45 am 

Xander: my name is Xander, by the way and this is Orb. he's my familiar. a simple mental command from me will summon a creature which Orb then takes on the form of.

he took the drink and emptied the vile, he shuddered.

Xander: wow, that's got a kick to it. wild catmint?

Orb laughed in his head.

Xander: I feel better already. well it's nice to meet you Renee Bloodthorn. how did you hear about the Archmage's request for hero's?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:44 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

"Nice to meet you Misters Xander and Orb.Not really sure what's in the drink, just know that none of it's poisonious to any species. As for how I heard...an odd character in mage-looking robes showed up at my place and left a parchment on my table. It said I was to go to the Archmages Tower and all would be explained. That's all it said. So i grabbged my essential gear, a couple of energy boosters like the one I gave you, my dagger put it all in my bag hear and head toward the Tower. What about you?" she asked, casting a side glance at Xander as she straightened her jacket back to where it had been before she had rummaged through her bag.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:37 pm 

Jadrian watched as the man and his light left. He started running after them, when they turned the corner. He ran after htem, then stopped as the Orc dropped in front of him. He backed up, clutching his claymore, and bumped into the one who he had seen in the shadows. Before JAdrian could react, large muscular arms wrapped around him. In almost no time, the Orch had him trussed up like a bird, and started dragging JAdrian backwards, the other Orc carrying all his weapons, except for the Sgian Dru that was in his hat band. Jadrian thought for a moment, then, hoping the mage and his orb were still near, he began screaming for help at the top of his lungs.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:51 pm 
King of Dragons

A clear voice rang out from the shadows in a piercing note. The air resonated with the volume and a few nearby windows shattered, along with the Orc's eardrums. Howling in pain, the orc drops Jadrian and covers his now bloody appendages while he stamps about in agony. Charisma runs out from her hiding place and pulls out a length of silk rope. She twirls it expertly, trips the orc, and jumps out of the way. "I'm sorry, my religion says I can't kill the living!" Charisma calls to the people around her as she backs away from the flailing creature. She still isn't paying attention, and backs into Renee! An apology bubbled up from her lips.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:18 pm 

Jadrian stared as the woman ran out, quickly disabling the two Orcs. He watched as the two Orcs dropped to the ground. The woman seemed to be rather oblivious to Jadrian, so he coughed to get her attention. He nodded to his ropes, and said" Greetins ma'am! I was wonnerin if you could help me out of this we jam, and Ill be on my way, unless ya need some help."

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:41 am 
King of Dragons

Charisma truned in the direction of the man hailing her. She winded up the rope and stored it in her sleeve. As soon as she was finished she realized the man had spoken to her. She looked up and said "Well, of course I would be honored to travel with you, although I'm not quite sure what I can do to hep, I'm not that good of a fighter. Also, my Captain said to go to the Archmage's Tower, apparently he recieved orders to do so as well, but he sent me to deliver the message."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:43 am 
Youthful Werewolf

Asuna catches up with the girl." hey hold on i was talking to you why didnt you answer me?!" She says witha furious lok in her eye.

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:35 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Mary Ann watched with qiuet amusement at the small band passing by her hiding place. It was an odd site indeed with the 2 men an orb and a strange woman. She wondered what had caused them to come together, was it the same reason as hers? faring fluttered restlessly next to her and she motioned for him to be still.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:20 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee just nodded and shock her head. "Don't worry, it was an accident, think nothing of it."

She turned to the others, "So all of you have been asked to go to the Archmages Tower? Hmm...I wonder what's going on."

She looked up suddenly..."Umm guys, unless we want to fight another battle right now, we should get moving, more orcs are on the rooftops about half a block behind us."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:04 am 

Jadrian looked back. what the woman said was true. he drew his claymore and started backing up slowly, guarding everyone's back. He knew he could only keep the orcs at bay for a second or two.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:08 am 
King of Dragons

Charisma caught the urgency in the woman's voice. She turned to Asuna. "I suppose formal greetings will have to wait for later, but for right now, I apologize for being rude." She nods toward Jadrian. "But he was in trouble." She looked back and smiled. "I'm Charisma Martel," she glanced behidn Asuna. "and I agree with her," she indicated Renee. "We should start moving...now!" She saw the dark shapes behind them and started streaking towards the tower, hair fluttering wildly with her cape.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:00 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
mary ann saw the orcs. she tested the ground around her, they were too dry to draw any water out of them. faring uttered a warning growl, the orcs were gaining. mary ann turned to face the first group of orcs pulling some heat out of the air near her she launch a jet of flame staight at the orcs. she was surprised, only took one launched and the orcs were all ready gone. faring fly over and rested on her shoulder purring a quick approval.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:14 pm 

Xander scanned the rooftops and it was true, there was an infestation of Orcs scrambling over them.

Xander: we have to get to the saftey of the Tower and we have to be fast, there are far too many here to fight...

with that he turned and ran down the alley, the tower was in his line of sight. Orb followed on hovering just about his head, then Orb glowed red and made a hissing sound. Orcs were waiting at the end of the alley. How could this be, Xander thought, how could they have been so clever to lay on a trap?

Xander turned to the others who were bringing up the rear.

Xander: we're trapped!

Offline Profile