Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Post subject: Defenders of the Forest.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:36 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

Story: Your people, the Elves of Tastractina, have lived in sanctamony with the other mortal races for generations. There has been no war for eons. That is about to change...

With the Human King, Astilimatu dead, a new ruler has claimed the throne. And he has cast his eyes on Tastractina. Planning to invade the forest he marshels his army.

You are part of an elite elvish fighting unit called The Forest Wevyrns. You have been summoned to a meeting, and the news does not bode well.

(OCC: Narrator, take it away...)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Narrator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:32 pm 
King of Dragons

The once beautiful K'nare forest is now shrouded in mist and burned vegetation. In some places steam still rises from the ground. The battle that took place here has scarred the land bare, and it is here where the Wyverns were summoned.
The charred ruins of a once proud citadel stood lonely and desolate in a field of death. It is the chosen meeting place.It was once a grand building, an accomplishment between all You walk into the grand entrance and can only feel sadness as you gaze upon the blackened walls that barely stand above your head. A giant coloseum-like room stretches out in front of your eyes. Unlike the forest, this place is full of life. The air is cleaner and does not possess the acrid stench of burnt flesh, instead, it is replaced by a fresh scent of rain. The lush density of the inner arena surprises you, but you quickly make your way through the trees and brush. Sunlight filters through the tops, playing all the colors of the rainbow. Pollen lazily flicks throught the air in front of you, and butterflies drift their way through the foliage.
You feell a strange energy force coming from the center of the room. As you emerge, you see an incredibly old elf sitting on a tree stump. He wore a weathered green cloak and carried a large oaken staff curled at the end. He stood as you walked in and looked at you with a face of understanding and empathy.

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:34 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

Lysindon walks over to the wizened elf, and stands patiently next to him. Her chest heaves as she trys to get a grip on the sudden surge of emotions shes having. She stands, waiting and ready, for the others to arrive. She faintly smiles at the older elf, who has not yet said a word.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:25 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Iavas walks in, her bright green eyes the only feature of her fair face to give away her true emotions. The stoic, stone expression is only a cover, meant to keep her elite group from falling from their renowned moral. After all, if the Captain allows herself to be shaken, what's to stop her men from following? Thus, all she allows Lysindon to see of her inner frustration and turmoil is a certain sadness within the emerald depths of her gaze, made all the more poignant by the single tear that resides therein. With the brush of a hand her long auburn hair is removed from her shoulder as she adjusts the belt around her waist. The breeze that blows through the area whips her cloak out of the way, revealing a variety of weapons as she strides over to Lysindon and the wizened elf.

"I got the news this morning at training. What in the name of the Almighty happened here? And are you alright, Lysindon?" Surprisingly, her voice holds no anger, but only concern and perhaps a small amount of frustration. Of all the elven Captains, she is perhaps among the best at maintaining the balance between emotion and understanding and her honor and duty. She crosses her arms as she reaches the two, awaiting an answer to her questions.

They're quite aware of what they're going through"
--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:50 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

"I'm.. I'm ok. Just shaken. I mean, war..." Lysindon says, fingering her bow. "there hasn't been war in centuries!" she continues. "Why are the humans attacking us anyway? Whats happened? There's so many questions..." She looks at Iavas, her brown hair falling into her eyes, whos greeny-yellow gaze searches Ivanas's face, for direction.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:48 pm 
Master Spellcaster

Isaacs eyes widen as he comes to the scene, He knells down to pic up a flower." Whats happened here" He whisper to himselfHelooks up to see Lysimdon in the distance"Lysindon whats going onhere? The last time i was here it was so full of life! Who did this??"He yelled.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:24 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

"Calm down, Isaac." Iavas's voice is barely audible compared to her usual, boistrous volume, but the severity of the tone is enough to drive the younger to listen. Still with arms crossed, she allows her gaze to travel across the landscape, every other part of her motionless as stone. "The humans have a new king, Lysindon, and he doesn't take kindly to our people being on 'his lands', or so he plans to make them in the days to come." The Captain pauses for a moment, taking in the rest of the scene at hand, brushing her long auburn hair from her face as the breeze picks up. When Lysindon can see her face again, to her surprise, her commander is smiling at her. "Unfortunately for him, he is dealing with us. We've pushed others back by force in the past, and by the powers, we'll push this arrogant human and his army back. I can promise you that." The Commander pats Lysindon's shoulder before turning and heading over to Isaac to check on him.

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:26 pm 
King of Dragons

The old elf looks at the faces of the people around him. Some looks are worried, others saddened, then anger. He radiates calm as he walks over to the group. He leans heavily on the satff and makes soft noises of exertion as he walks. When he reaches the group, he studies the people around him and speaks.
"My Wyverns, I understand your confusion, and anger; the war has destroyed our hope." He turns away to gather his thoughts. "Before I explain in detail, we need everyone to be here...all the Wyverns."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:35 pm 
Tightwad

A figure jumped through the trees, and a crack sounded. A split-second later, Chalgrish was sitting on his feet with his head cocked to one side.

"Sorry that I'm late, elder, but I had to find my bow." Chalgrish murmured as he arranged his legs into a more comfortable position.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:06 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Iavas, despite the grave situation, couldn't help but smile at the newcomer as he situated himself on the ground. "Late as usual Chalgrish," she said, "And you couldn't find your bow the LAST time we were supposed to meet." A mischievous grin crossed the elven captain's features at her statement before she turned her attention back to the wizened elf. "And what are my men getting into?" Her piercing gaze was almost dangerous as she glanced inquisitively at him. If her men were going into any abnormal danger she wanted to know about it.

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:04 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

Lysindon smiles at Chalgrish's entry, and wanders over to sit next to him. Placing her hand on his arm, softly, she says in a quite voice, "I've never seen anything phase you. Well, except for that time when you ate the entire cake, only to find it had almonds in." Smiling she removed her arm. Looking him in the eye, her greeny-yellow eyes sparkling with some contained emotion she asks, "How do you do it?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:43 pm 
Tightwad

Ooc: sounds like what my wife told me once, Ryu!

" If I told you, I'd have to leave you buried under the Home Tree!" laughed Chalgrish as he stared up at Lysindon. He moved over and made room for her, his golden eyes gleaming.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:57 am 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
Tian sits out of sight watching stalking the others, He runs from tree to tree watching as they talk, Finally he plucks up the courage to show himself and smiles.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:44 am 
Master Spellcaster

Isaac watched tian come onto the scene."So tian finnaly decided to show up? you were hiding there for a long time." He said as he smiled at tian. hye turned his head to lynsindon, with a scowl on his face" Why have the humans done this? I thought we were finnaly at peace with them." he moved over towards lynsindon and the wizend elf." Sir werent you here i have to know if we're going to fight back. Please i want to detroy the humans that did this." his face looked stern " This is the last tim teyll ever be able to do this." he said looking over his sholder" i refuse to let them get away with this."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:31 pm 
King of Dragons

The old elf looked at the five people around him, and let out a long, sad sigh. "I suppose Asher isn't coming then." He looked around the green forest and saw the sun setting. The clouds were a beautiful shade of pink that faded into yellow and blue. It seemed that nature was still on its merry way, even though the forest was not. "I suppose I shoulf just start without him and you can answer his questions later." He wlaked back to the stump and took his seat. His eyes wandered around as he waited for everyone to come back.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:04 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

Chalgrish wrote:
Ooc: sounds like what my wife told me once, Ryu!

OOC: That is NOT good. I'm a guy, I swear! lol. I sound like what your wife said huh? Gee.......................

IC: Glancing at Isaac, Lysindon's face flashes with amusment, exasperation, and numerous other emotions that speak volumes about her conflicting emotions involving Isaac. Turning her head back to Chalgrish, she tilts her head to one side, in a challenging/inquisitve manner. "I'd like to see you try and lay a finger on me." she says with a hearty laugh. Walking over to the elder elf she says, "Asher will be here in his own good time. We have to respect that." as she motions for Chalgrish to join her.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:01 pm 
Master Spellcaster

" Peh, he's always late i dont see why we wait for him." Isaac said smugly" If hes comeing he better get his ass here, and fast cause im getting tired of waiting." he said with a glare but his look softened as his eyes fell on lynsindons beauty.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:50 pm 
King of Dragons

As the light in the clearing died, more elves poured in from across the country to witness the meeting. As soon as the clearing was full of silent willowy figures, a growing pressure filled the air. It got stronger in the next few seconds until it reached an almost unbearable feel on all the people, then suddenly, it stopped. The old elf indicated for the elves on the right side to part. They complied, and leaning against a tree in the shadows...stood Asher.

Offline Profile