Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am

Post subject: Angel Feathers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:42 pm 
King of Dragons

You walk into a noisy, boisterous bar. The hazy red light adds a gloomy undertone to the vibrant fiery atmosphere of the establishment. It is your favorite haunt, the "Rusty Sword", which is also a popular place for mercenaries, rogues,pirates and the like. So, in truth, you have to be able to take care of yourself in a place like this. But you don't care, you've been here before and as soon as you walk in, everybody cheers and drinks to you. It seems like a pretty rough crowd tonight, since the Festival of Ceres ended all the riff-raff have surfaced, and it is pretty bad this year. You settle yourself into your usual spot of comfort, order a drink, and survey your surroundings.
A girl walks into the place, of about 17 years of age, wearing white priestess robes and carrying a wooden staff. She is quite striking with a beautful elf-like face, clear sapphire eyes, golden honey hair in a ponytail, and a dazzling smile. You're not the first one to take notice of the new visitor though, some of the other less-savory people have as well. She goes over to the board and posts a message for a need of a hired sword. Walking to a place towards the center of the big room(a BIG mistake in your book) she proceeds in sitting down at table. After a few minutes, some guys walk over to her table and strike up a conversation.
She talks with flamboyant gestures, but the inebriated men don't seem to be watching her face, or listening to her at all. The leader of the group leans forward and whispers something in her ear, she blushes and shakes her head, an angry look on her face. She gets up and leaves the bar in a huff. The men get up and go to the entrance where you can here there conversation. They seem to be saying about how they are going to "get her" and "teach her respect", but you know EXACTLY what they're talking about. So when they leave the bar, you follow them. The men stalk the girl, but you wait to see if she can take care of herself. You hear sounds of struggle, so you peek around the corner and see what they're up to. They have forced the girl up against the wall and are talking to her in menacing voices. She has dropped her staff and is making small, animal whimpering noises while she shuts her eyes in prayer.

OOC: You have permission to manipulate Seraphine as she is an NPC, but try to make it a minimum.

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:40 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
Drian is walking along the street when he sees a girl being mainipulated he walks over to see someone else watching in disbelief, he walks over and whispers Arent you going to do anything

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:09 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

A couple of the men noticed a hooded figure walk by the alleyway as Drian spoke, but they thought nothing of it. Whoever it was was small and petite, judging from the size (they couldn't see the stranger's face) and of little or no value, as the long brown and green cloak the person wore was old and tattered beyond belief and recognition. Thus, the men standing watch made no move to stop the individual, who continued on for a few feet before hearing a pitiful whimper come from the alleyway again, this time actually seeming to reach the begger's ears.

The figure turned around and headed back to the group where it stopped and addressed the drunken mob. "Not a very chivalrous group, are you?" it quitely demanded, the voice seemingly that of an old crone.

"What you gonna do about it, Hag?" one of the men demanded.

The figure shrugged, the cloak's hood still hiding any facial features and keeping them from properly idenitfying the personage beneath all those rags. "Well, that's a Priestess, last time I checked, and unless I've been out of society for longer than I thought, you're technically not supposed to make violence against them. The consquences could be dire." If there was a hint of warning in the hag-like voice, no one noticed it or paid it any heed. Actually, it only served to create a level of discomfort within them that made the mob even angrier.

"Yeah? Well, who asked you?" One of the group shoved the elderly figure into a wall and turned away, placing his attention back on the girl and what was happening to her.

"Please..." the priestess managed.

The head of the raucous mob laughed and jeered at her, moving almost as if to strike her. But he found his hand striking a long thin white staff, held aloft by the cloaked stranger. "Wench!" he yelled and moved to attack her, but was easily countered with a single blow to the head with the slender weapon. Another of the group came behind the figure and moved to shove her into the priestess, but was surprised to find a hand full of cloth and in her place. He gazed at teh cloak in his hands before hearing a slight "Ahem" amid the silence that had descended. With a cautious gaze he turned to look at the "hag" and found a beautiful woman standing before him.

Her eyes, a radiant silver-grey matched perfectly the bangles and charms adorning her dreaded white hair and lithe figure and were narrowed in anger as she struck him with the end of the staff. One other made to attack her and using the weapon as a form of leverage, she bounded off the alleywall and delivered a round house kick to his face. They could all see that the figure out of their story-books had had enough and drunk or not they knew it was time to call it quits. Gathering their wounded they left and headed for the next tavern over, sullen and shocked expressions crossing their features.

Ivory, meanwhile, pushed the ends of the staff in and slung it back inside her cloak, turning to the girl behind her who was watching with fascination. "Are you alright?" she calmly inquired of the priestess.

(sorry so long!)

They're quite aware of what they're going through"
--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:18 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
Drian turns around and walks away he thinks to himself then flys off into the sky just as he reaches his right height he deceids to fly back down, He walks over to this new group of people and holds out his hand, he bows and introduces hiself, Hello, I am drian, He smiles and then turns around to see a group of people in a crowd, He turns around and hears them talking,

How long has he been here like this, I dont know maybe and hour
He walks over to see a man unconcious on the floor, but he wasnt here when i passed 5 minutes ago,
He walks back over to the other group, I am grievly sorry about that just sorting something out

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:39 pm 
King of Dragons

The young priestess watches the two figures in front of her with a startled look. Then, recovering from her ordeal faster than expected, she amazed the two with yet another smile."Yes, I'm fine,thanks you for your gallant rescue, traveler." She looked at the woman first, then the man. "Oh...excuse me how rude, my name is Seraphine, Priestess of Aymara," she bowed her head respectfully. "And in her name I bless you for your help against those...evil...people" she said as if searching for the right words. "Well, anyways, hard to believe, but i didn't go to that tavern to be harassed, I need help in a sacred mission in the name of our Goddess" She looked expectantly into the faces of those in front of her."Oh, the pays good too."she said with a final note.

Ooc: Don't worry about typing to long, I LOVE long posts."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:43 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

ignore

CLICKME!

Last edited by Mia on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:46 pm 
Sword Master

Drian looks at seraphine, I do not work to be paid my dear i work for fun! He smiles and looks at her, In other words, il help no charge

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:47 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

Another women appears, she is garbed in a brown long hooded cape.As she draws nearer, she throws back her hood to reveal raven black locks and cholcolate brown eyes in the torch light.Seraphine immediatly reconizes her.And yells out
Quote:
"MIA!!"
Seraphine runs and tackles her which makes her cape fall off.Revealing a dark green tunic with a blue katana and a stuning silver bracelet with blue saphires studed in it. The girl turns to ivory and drian"Who are you?"

CLICKME!

Last edited by Mia on Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:49 pm 
Tightwad

ooc: that was out of context. And my char is going to be a bit more mellow than usual in this RPG.

Chalgrish sat, his weather-stained cloak billowing behind him, at a table in the Rusty Sword. The ruffians had run outside after the priestess, and a few minutes later, a loud crack, of a tree limb hitting a human limb, was heard. At this, Chalgrish stood up quickly, his chair screeching backwards. He walked quickly to the message board, where a new notice had been posted.

"A hired sword eh? Nothing like gold to line the pocket!" he muttered as he walked outside to where a group was standing. A white-haired woman was stowing something inside her cloak, murmurring to the elven priestess. He also noted the rapscallions running away with all speed, stumbling and falling. Chalgrish made the connection almost immediately, and walked toward the priestess, letting his cloak down among his shoulders, and pulling up his facemask.

His determined gait led him to stop near the group, near to the white haired woman. As the group turned toward him, he smiled, only his eyes showing. The rest of his face was covered with his leather facemask, and his body shrouded in his blackened cloak.

"Those drunkards are never going to bother you again, I think." said Chalgrish as he gestured toward the priestess.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:55 am 
Sword Master

Drian looks at Mia and bows, I am drian, i am here only on an invitation, i wish to help people as i am that type of person!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:48 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

"Well met drian,I am mia and im sorry my friend has caused u so much trouble."Mia Walks over to Ivory."So who are you?"

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:03 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

"A hired sword eh? Nothing like gold to line the pocket!"

Chuckling at this muttered comment Ryuasi turns to see what kind of sell-sword had the good humour to make such a remark. Catching a glance of a retreating cloak Ryuasi stands, pays the landlord his due and hurries after the stranger. *I could do with the gold, and its a place to start if I want to hone my skills and earn a rep. I hope this pays off* he thinks as he heads outside.

Spying the group, his calculated gaze sweeps over them like a gental spring breeze. Seeing a familiar cloak he calls in a crisp, clear, voice, "Hello good folk. Would one of you be looking for a sell-sword? My name is Ryuasi, and I do believe I fit into that catagory."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:02 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Ivory grinned and shrugged llightly as she reclasped the brooch for her cloak and replaced it on her shoulders, tattered and ragged though it was. Instantly, it was as though a light had been extinguished in the alley as the brilliant white clothing and silver jewelry adorning Ivory's person was again hidden beneath the rather drab brown and green material. "I'm no one of consequence, but not one to be trifled with," she said, and turned to leave.

As she was walking by one of the newest people to show up, however, he recognized her for who she truly was, much to her dismay. "You're that ranger, Ivory!"

A heavy sigh escaped the woman's slight frame as she reluctantly turned around. She had been hoping that she could perhaps just disappear unnoticed and that her status and identity wouldn't be brought up. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case and she was forced to answer the implied question. A rather chagrinned expression crossed her features as she answered the stranger's question. "Yes... I am the same. But believe me, there's no need to recognize the legends so many have spread like wild-fire about me. I was merely doing this young priestess a service and a justice and I am finished and therefore leaving. Goodnight to you all."

With that, Ivory turned on her heel to go, her cloak pulled close around her in the cool evening.

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:22 pm 
King of Dragons

"Wait please," excalimed Seraphine as Ivory started walking away. "I need all the help I can get." Her gaze wandered to and fro among the many people gathered around her. She nodded in turn to Mia and Drian, but looked quizically at Ryuasi and Chalgrish. "I don't belive I have your names, gentlemen," she said with a lilt in her voice. "if you wish to join this group, I'll need them, and for you all to sign a contract." With a flourish, she producing a gold bound scroll of fine parchment written with a flowing script. The parchment reads:

To those of worth,

This mission will be very dangerous, but very rewarding. You will gain treasure of the material and the ethereal world. Many adventures await those who step through this metaphorical gate, but be warned.
Aurikalkos is what you seek. The "Auri" are small stones of great power, which when put together form a tower to the heavens...but no one knows what it will look like. The bearer of this scroll is charged with the sacred duty of finding these treasures. If you so wish to join a world saving mission of the utmost importance, sign here...

A series of x's laced the bottom of the paper. Seraphine smiled. "I wrote it myself!" she said with a hint of pride. She watched confused faces looking back at her. "Oh!" she exclaimed."You want proof? Alright." She placed her open palm face up in front of everyone so all may see, a light glowed in the center of her hand as liquid light rose out of it as if from a spring. When all the liquid came out, it formed a small shard of crystal that pulsated with a strong light. The power that came from this small stone was overwhelming. But as soon as it came out, it melted back in. Seraphine stood watching the amazed onlookers and reached out the hand with the scroll. "Alright," she said taking out a pen. "who's the first to sign?"

Last edited by Taluscion on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:10 pm 
Sword Master

Drian turns to look at seraphine, I will be the first to sighn it, he takes the contract of seraphine and then reads it through to make sure, He takes the quill and then sighns it at the bottom, There i have sighned it but now what do i do, i have already told you that i want no payment I work only for work sake and to help people, What do you want me to do, He smiles and turns to look at the sky, but i must ask what exactly will we be doing and why do you think i will be usefull.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:19 pm 
King of Dragons

Seraphine smiled at Drian warmly. "I admire your selflessness," she began. "I believe you will be helpful as a fighter, as will you all." She getsured around the make-shift circle. "Make no mistake, it was fate that brought you all here, and it is your fate that makes your decision, choose wisely." She turns away from Drian and looks at everyone else.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:10 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

Mia Took the contract from Seraphine "I dont know how u knew it was me but i guess ill sign anyway."Mia read the contract througth twice before figuring out where to sign. Finnally she found the spot and signed,She Then handed it to the next person in this strange semicircle." So sera long time no see how have you been, where have you been, and what have you been up to?" She asked the strange young girl from her memorie."and how long has it been? I know its been a long time."

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:53 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

"But be warned..."

*Of what?* Ryuasi ponders. Reaching to the small satchel at his waist pulls out a small log, an even smaller notebook, entitled Personal Statement (In the cicumstance that my actions lead to my untimely demise, this book is to be returned to my family.), a very fine quill and a bottle of auburn ink. Signing his name on the parchment, heading up a page in the log with "Aurikalkos" and the date and writing Note: It seemed like a good (fun) idea at the time. And they say the pay is good. in his Personal Statement he packs his gear away just as the ink drys. "Whos next?" he inquires happily, the feelings of a strange new adventure already hightening his mood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:25 pm 
King of Dragons

Seraphine smiles happily and takes the contract from him. She looks at the space below and squints her eyes to read. "Uhh...Ryuasi! Nice to meet you!" she acknowledges him and looks at Mia. " Nothing much, we'll have time later for me to explain." She glances at Ivory and the other strangely garbed man. "Okay, who's next?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:51 pm 
Tightwad

The man chuckles slightly, then gently takes the paper from Seraphine and signs with an extremely calligraphic flourish. He reaches into the satchel at his side, and removes a piece of jerky. He offered it to a small cat which had run up, and he started to stroke it, then picked it up and placed it in his large and empty satchel.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:34 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Ivory appeared uneasy and uncertain for a moment. A sigh escaped her as she considered the options. She COULD simply say no and go on with her attempt at a simple life. Heaven only knew how she longed for it after being the hero of the wars that had, until recently, ravaged the country-side. If she said no, she could slip away and back into the shadow and legend she had come to enjoy so well. But if she said no, there was a good chance that something may go wrong. She had the experience to help the young priestess. But to save the rest of the mortal races yet again... To have a hand in that unholy mess yet AGAIN... The thought made her want more and more to just walk away. The ranger glanced at Seraphine, who gave her a small smile and a hopeful gaze back.

A heavy sigh escaped the cloaked woman as she took up the quill and with a quick flourish signed her name, knowing that she would regret it at some point. Though at the same time she felt that old feeling of longing for adventure and new sights begin to spark back to life, small though it remained. "There you are, Miss Seraphine," she said, placing her hood back on her head, once again shielding all but her eyes from view. "When we leave call for me. Until then, I'll be int he Tavern getting something to eat."

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:14 pm 
King of Dragons

Seraphine rolled the parchment up and smiled brilliantly at them all, her good mood was infectious and everyone felt a lot better.She called out for Ivory to stop, who turned around irritably and looked at her. Bowing deeply to her new companions, she swept aside her cloak and pulled out yet another piece of parchment, which turned out to be a map of Avocoro. " I believe we have already wasted enough time, we should leave immediately, besides...I haven't told you this...but someone is after me, so we need to keep moving." She looked at the map and started walking towards the town gate. She looked back at everyone. "I believe the next town we should go to is Annwenn, but if that is a problem speak up now while we're walking, but we have to keep moving." She stressed the last fact.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:52 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

A moments thought passes across Ryuasi's face. "How great is the need for haste?" He asks cautiously. "We could hire horses and make much progress. That means I would'nt need to hastily deposit the provisions I have in my saddlebags. I was planning to sell them and proceed on foot but it looks like time is of the essence. I have enough gold to hire two additional horses. We could ride two abreast if need be. How does that sound?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:31 pm 
King of Dragons

Seraphine looked at Ryuasi. "Perhaps in the Annwenn, we have to get out of this town tonight." She continued walking. Praying she was going the right way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooc: Now is the time where you as characters take over. Seraphine will occasionly respond with my words, but for right now I'll just play narrator. You may move Seraphine yourself or make her do things.(please don't do anything stupid, be serious Mia!) And if you have any questions ask her!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:31 pm 
Tightwad

ooc: communal NPC? GENIUS! I hereby declare Talus an experienced RPer and DM!

IC: Chalgrish rushed ahead, stopping at a blacksmith's forge to purchase some iron nails and horseshoes. He fashioned himself a large ring of iron, and wore it as a sash, underneath his cloak. He took his newfound cat out of his satchel and began to stroke it and examine it, waiting for the others to arrive at his point.
When the party arived, asking what he had been doing, he merelytook another piece of jerky out of his satchel and began to chew it, returning their question with another of his own.
"What were YOU doing, eh?" he queried with a grin. He then raised his cloak over his shoulders and it was obvious he would answer no more questions with a straigh answer.

Offline Profile