Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Post subject: World of the Dead
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:41 pm 
Matrix Operator

The suburban air was still and quiet in the autumn evening. Once filled with the sounds of people going about their lives, the only noise that one could hear now were the shuffling footsteps of the risen dead.
One zombie in particular, a dark-skinned male, noticed something that drew his full attention. A piece of red meat, somewhat well preserved, hung on a hook in the middle of the street. Groaning softly, he began to approach it, hands reaching out. When he was only a few feet away, he started to open his mouth in anticipation.
From out of nowhere, a 7.62x51mm round impacted the left temple, tearing through the skull and exiting behind the right ear. As the zombie started to topple, a lasso shot out from behind a bush, snagging the zombie and dragging him away. All this had happened in a split second, in near-total silence. About forty yards away, another zombie turned, noticing the meat.

From half a mile away in the upper level of an abandoned house, Jonah Hale looked through the scope of his suppressed M21, grinning slightly. "Got another."
Nearby, Danae Kratosky sat in a chair leaned against the wall, filing her nails. Without looking, she reached out with the file and made another notch on the wallpaper. "That's 23 so far. Another seven and we can stop for the day."

In the radio, Michael Wallace finished shoving the dead zombie into a ditch to join its predecessors. "Oh good," he gasped into the headset. "Jonah, man, quit picking the fat ones." He coiled his lasso in preparation for the next. As it, too, started to topple, he successfully roped the zombie and dragged it out of sight. This one, a slender female, was easier to move. "Better."

Jonah, looking for the next target, was about to reply when the radio crackled. "Team 4, come in, this is Outpost 1."
Danae saved him the trouble of answering. "Outpost 1, this is Team 4. We are almost finished with our kill count, is there a problem?"
"You need to return to the outpost immediately. Something's come up."
"Roger that, Outpost," the young woman replied, picking up her Remington 870 shotgun. "Returning to base."

OCC: Everyone start your first post with being called via radio to return to base.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: World of the Dead
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:03 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
In the run down section of Chinatown there could be heard a faint tearing noise. A man was on his way down the stairs of that building to check on his buddy who was trying to find some lunch for the pair of them. As the man reached the bottom of the steps and started to turn towards the kitchen he heard the slight tearing noise and softly called out his buddies name "Joseph" from the kitchen there was no reply. The man was starting to get a bad feeling about the situation and so grabbed a long spear called a su-yari from his back and cautiously approached the open doorway. As he neared the doorway the tearing sound ceased and was replaced by a slight dripping sound. Then he heard a slight shuffling noise as those of bare feet and not the sound expected from shoes. Suddenly a creature pushed out of the doorway and just in the edge of sight lay the bloodied mass of his buddy Joseph. With a despairing moan the man lowered his su-yari into a prepared stance to meet the oncoming zombie. As the zombie came within range of his long weapon he launched into action with a quick jab at the face of the zombie and embedded the su-yari right into its eye. With a disgusted sigh he shook the zombie off of his su-yari and wiped the formidable blade on the clothes of the now dead zombie. With that he walked into the kitchen and jabbed his su-yari once into the skull of his now lost buddy Joseph and walked out of the room only pausing long enough to wipe his blade. As he sat on the stairs mourning his friend a static noise came to his attention that came from a radio he had at his belt. With a small sigh at the interruption he responded to the call.

"Yeah this is Daichi Ikeda, I just lost Joseph what do you want now?" The man said with a slight Japanese accent to his voice.

"We're sorry about the loss but we need you to come back to base immediately. Something has come up and we need you here."

"Alright I'll be there as soon as possible" and with that he ended the communications and began the journey back to base.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:42 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Ten miles south of the out post Al Droon and Drake Lafem were sitting on a fence just chilling they had finished there kills ten minutes ago and were just taking a break before heading back to the outpost.
"Better get moving" stated drake getting off the fence.
"Yeah bet you are right" replied al also getting up. they had walked a mile along the fence when a zombie came out of a building they were passing. Grabbing the nearest loose fence post al swings it aroung and knocks the zombie down. The drake bring up his light handgun and lets off a quick shot as they continue on
Another mile down the road the radio crackles and they hear "team six get back to the outpost now something has come up."
"On way" al states into the radio as he looks up at drake and continues "race ya?
"your on" drake replies as he starts to run

OOC longest post ever yay!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:53 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

OOC:NVM but I got a question for falconer befor I start.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm 
Cererean Princess

Eris was examining a sample of Solanum - plus potential antibodies - under a high-powered electron microscope (properly sealed to avoid the risk of infection, of course) when there was tap on her shoulder. She jumped. "Don't do that! I've been freaked out ever since the zombie outbreak. People tapping me on the shouler does not help."

The man behind her grinned. "Sorry." He was wearing, as was everyone else in the facility, a biolab level 4 suit. "The base wants you to return to it. Says somethings up, but didn't say what it was."

"Shizen" she cursed under her breath in German. Even though she wasn't, in fact, German, she just felt swearing in other languages was better than swearing in your own. "It takes several hours getting out of this place, while you're checked for symptoms. When do they want me in?"

The man shrugged. "I don't know; they didn't say. But it sounded urgent. I think we can drop the restrictions now; all the evidence so far is that people in the initial stages of an infection aren't contagious. If they were, we'd already be dead."

"Right." She turned to him. "Negative results so far. Will you please continue it for me?" She walked away into the airlock and stripped her clothing, dumping it into the incinerator, before stepping in to one of the showers. After she'd been thoroughly scrubbed by chemicals - never a pleasant experience - her new clothes came out of a chute in the wall. She got dressed and carried on out of the other side, into an isolation room. Ignoring protocol, she continued straight out, though another airlock, to the tunnel which lead to main base. The tunnel could be sealed in case of emergency, and in the most serious events the lab could be destroyed: fortunately, they hadn't had any situations like that so far.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Twenty miles north east was Drakel was in front what used to be his old home. He kneeled down and placed a black rose on the step to his front door. I am sorry I failed you Stephanie. I should have been stronger for you and now I failed everyone I swore to protect. What happened was… IS my fault. I’m Sorry. Said Drakel apologizing to nothing but the air and the door, Then out of nowhere a call from the outpost came in.I understand but I might be a little late. You already know where I am so there is no need to ask. I am coming.

Last edited by Drakel on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm 
Cererean Princess

Eris walked through the next airlock and entered the main base. She stopped. "Well, I've returned to base..." she said to herself. "That's all they asked me to do. I suppose, in the absence of anything else, I can go to my own quarters and do what I like."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:28 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Stepping through the air lock drake and al met shannon, the leader of the outpost. "Glad to see you both made it back in good time, be in the breifing room in half an hour, no need for prep."

Nodding, drake and al went to the room they shared to change clothes and do a quick repack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Daichi walked into the base after going through the necessary procedures and walked toward the briefing the room hoping that he will get some news to brighten his day.

OOC:Btw he makes it to room

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:12 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

About 25 minutes late Drakel finally made it to the meeting room after taking all necessary procedures to make sure he isn’t infected in any way and said,Sorry I am late every one. Kind of got side tract, Vie geht's ?(what’s up?)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:09 pm 
Cererean Princess

When she got to her room, Eris found... not much to do. Logging on to the bases network, she checked her messages. "Oooh, this sounds good - report to the briefing room. Maybe I'll be able to get out for a while on a mission. I wonder why they wanted me to go, though... I'm a biotechnician, not a hunter."

She walked into the briefing room and looked around. Al and Daichi were there already. Sitting down in one of the chairs, she began absently drumming her fingers on the wall.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:11 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

"You are not late drakel" states shannon as she marks him off on her sheet. "Ok if you have not recieved word that you are needed for this next mission clear out now!" Shannon yells as Drakel takes a seat. Turning towards the people in the briefing room and continuing in a mush quieter voice she continues "You four have been selected for a secret mission to through the wasteland to obtain something of great importance."

At the statement of through the wasteland Alondor interupts with "That is not possible, you want us to go through..." He stopped due to the evil glare he was getting from shannon.

"As i was saying go through thewasteland to retrieve something of importance, as to what it is i hand you to our lead hacker, Jarrick." shannon continues as if she had not been interupted

A man in a lab coat walks to the front of the room "Hello, I am Jarrick, for many weeks we have been trying to gain access to a top secret government grade computer. Recently we hit a break through, we got access to one of the private files on the computer. The last thing recorded on that was a video of a man. The man was saying 'I have done it the chemical code for the Arrggh.' As the man was attacked by a zombie at the end of his video we do not have the formula for what we are almost positive is a anti-venom or cure to the virus" Jack then walked out the door with them in a stunned silence.

Shannon walks to the front of the table and says "Yeah that that is your mission, get to the lab grab the item we are looking for and get back here."

Alondor tries again to voice his opinion "It will not be easy the wasteland is hard to navigate when you are running for your life trying not to get eaten."

"Yes well either way you guys need to be ready to go in less than an hour," seeing no one getting up she shouts "MOVE!"

OOC: So falconer what do you think? I am going off of typical stuff that i am assuing is true because i do not have access to the book

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:37 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Well, the virus is called Solanum, and there isn't really a cure, as the victim dies before reanimation. However, a blocking mechanism is conceivable. This would kill the zombies, btw, they wouldn't return to life. And as Solanum only zombifies humans and kills animals, plant life would be unaffected - geography of the US remains the same.

Other than that? Sounds about right, and nice RPing.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:33 am 

Daichi went to his room and quickly packed his essentials and pulled a photo from his tabletop of his sister whom he was still trying to find and placed that inside his pack as well. After hefting to make sure the pack was nice and light he continued on towards getting his weapons ready to go. He made sure to clean and oil his CZ P07 DUTY cal. 9mm Luger and then proceeded to clean and sharpen his Su-yari and then after that moved on to his Katana by removing the blade and then wrapping it in towels he lightly polished the blade sharp by passing it over a Japanese water stone. Afterwards he walked out of his room and proceeded to to the meeting point.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Drakel Walked to his room. All his weapons were already ready, His sword Was hanging on the wall and All his guns was ready to be picked up. The concrete floors was cold enough to put a chill up any ones spine and the paper covered steel walls had a dull feeling to them. The only part of the room that had life was the mirror in the room That Drakel Stared in for hours every day just to see the dark, soulless, look in his own eyes that only he could see. He picked up His two semiautomatic machine pistols and his two 2 glock 20 10mm pistols and placed them on his belt. His Carbine (has a strap) was placed on his left side of his back. The last weapon was a nicely decorated and highly sharp handmade blade had a holder that went across his back. Looking at his ammo it was almost running out. Very few clips was left so he knew that he better make them count.

Drakel walked out of his room. Drakel walked to see Daichi walking along the hallway. Walking next to one another Drakel said, you think they actually found a cure this time? I hear that no one is alive inside the wastelands and that the virus is most strong there. What do you know of the area other than the information I told you? We need to know as much information as possible to understand what we are dealing with.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:57 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Alondor had prepared all of his stuff before the meeting and was heading out almost instantly, though since his room was really far away he came to draichi and drakel as their conversation started. "It is not our business to know if the cure is real r not but to go and get it," Alondor stated making drakel jump. He continued, "Your info is accurate, though it use to be an over populated city the zombie hoards are thickest there. Now stop worrying we will be fine." After saying this he lowered his visor and started to walk down the hall that led to dispatch.

OOC no i do not know how to spell dispatch

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm 

OOC: Yep i believe dispatch is the correct spelling

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:01 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Out of nowhere Alondor came out of nowhere. Almost like how a zombie would be silent until it's victim was already in reach towards a cold, painful death. Jumping forward Drakel was seconds from pulling out his gun and blasting Alondor away but after taking one look his hand pulled away from the pistol and instead of the cold chill running up Drakel's spine it was a sigh of relief. Calmly and with a smile almost laughing Drakel said,G :swear: D :swear: it Alondor! You got to pick better targets for your games. Knowing that Drakel was always prepared or the worst and was always too alert for his own good made Drakel was the perfect target to get startled by Alondor.

Alondor joined with Drakel and Daichi making a small group of three. Right when Alondor finished talking Drakel said, You already know I hate to be on a mission without being prepared for the worst. I can't allow anyone die on me out there, That's why I take full measures with all the information I could get. is there any other information you know about the mission? You did seem to know quite a bit to scream out the word impossible in front of everyone.

The halls all had steel walls and cement floors, The over head lights were dim and everywhere was a dark corner that screamed danger to everyone. The only reason any one could feel safe is if they remember that they are in an underground secret base that is almost impenetrable. However most of the time people don't remember this fact and they feel.... uncomfortable walking down the halls, always worried people about what could be hidden behind. Even though there was truly nothing in the corners it still gave people bad feelings about looking in them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:27 am 

When Alondor appeared Daichi just smiled at Drakel's reaction. When both had finished speaking he said "We'll just have to be careful then not to let anyone die on us then" as he said this his face took on a grimace of pain at the remembrance of his most recent partner and lamented the fact that he had let the lad go on his own to search for some food.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC drakel should already know why al said it was impossible, on foot the wasteland is almost impossible to navigate.

IC "Well the waste land has alot of coverage, despite its current name it used to be a thriving city. So we need to be careful, remember Constant Vigilance" Alondor replied to drakel's question ending with what most in the base had learned to be his catch phrase

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:00 pm 
Cererean Princess

Eris appeared behind them. "Forgotten about me, I take it. Very well. If you don't want me on the mission, just say so."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:25 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

OOC: I know that my car would know about why your char would say Impossible DM. But I am trying to make my char as Human as possible. So just like real life situation he would ask questions to get information to understand the mission better because you never know who knows more about what where is like than you. (if that makes any sense)

IC: Drakel smiled at Eris reaction towards not being noticed and said, Come on Eris. We all know that you are just as important as everyone else. I just didn't see you is all. If you want to be noticed by anything you got to speak or make a loud noise. This works for all life forms. It is no one's fault that you were not noticed until now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

"yeah and we were just walking to the rondevous point so that we could wait for everyone. Shannon would not let us leave anyone behind." stated alondor setting eris at ease.

OOC cool and could someone tell me if i spelled rondevous right? though do so at the saim time as a relevent post

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 pm 

OOC: you did get it wrong it is "Rendezvous" but i'm glad your working to try to improve your spelling

IC: "Hey Eris I am glad you are along for the ride because you probably are one of the only one qualified to tell us exactly what we are searching for and what it is when we find it"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:20 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC: i just realised that my character was actually named al, not alondor so i am going to try and remember that from now on.

IC: "Not neccisarily Daichi for all we know the thing we are looking for could be a weapon as much as it could be a chemical." Stated Al pulling out a peice of paper, "As leader of the mission jarrick sent me a copy of a file they retrieved from the same guy and it sounds kind of odd.

It almost worked the subject did die from a gut shot but we need a more effective way to administer the formula.

That was a month before the video we were told about. here is something from two weeks after that file

It has been done the antedote is more effectively delivered but not as effective so we will be working to finish it soon

So as you can understand we are not just looking for a chemical but a gun of some sort to administer it."

Offline Profile