Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Labrynth of Al'Hatai
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:05 pm 
The Broken One

"twinkle twinkle, little star," makla giggled, very obviously mocking jason's speech, "how i wonders what you are. up above the world you fly, until the day you go BOOM and die!"
suddenly switching tracks like he hadn't done anything childish at all, he stood and made an awkward type bow to yuri. "i'm a makla. always been a makla. dunno if it'll stay that way but i've been one for as long as i can remember."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"A 'makla'? Is that your race or your name? You know, you're awful carefree for a teenager. Are you sure you didn't hit your head in that dive you took back there?" Yuri scrutinized him, which since she's blind it looked like she wrinkled her brow at the wall behind him, but couldn't detect anything out of place.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:40 am 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: I was waiting for Triple 4 to comment, but I guess he's not.

IC: Before Klofka reached the light, something crashed through the wall behind her. Klofka spun around but couldn't make out what it was that caused so mush damage. She watched as people began to emerge from the hole in the wall. Without even noticing the centaur watching them, they turned and headed down one of the many corridors. Klofka cautiously followed them. Maybe they were prisoners too. Maybe they would lead her to the way out. Maybe the were the monsters of the labiryinth. There was only one way to find out.
The group traveled down a corridor and ended up in a room conected to many more hallways. Klofka ramained in the corridor, peering around the corner, listening to all they had to say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:11 am 
Godsin Queen

ooc: who's triple 4?

Ic:

Ah so i'm not the only one who was thrown in here for something stupid. They tossed me in here for getting too close to the place. I made the mistake of thinking it was another abandon ruin, and i was snooping around in hopes of checking it out. They didn't like that too much so they captured me, took all my things, and tossed me in here. Veailsba grumbled wrinkling her nose at the thought.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:13 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Well, in their defense, you are a bit of an odd sight around these parts, but then again, I'm not a big fan of racial profiling. Though, I suppose it can't be helped in a kingdom such as this." Yuri shook her head. "I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, but perhaps you shouldn't be so nosy?" The dragon's servant tried not to wince, hoping she hadn't offended Veailsba.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:45 am 
The Broken One

"teen what?" makla cocked his head sideways, a look of irritation on his face. "am not human! take it back!"
very clearly annoyed, he took something from around his neck. a necklace on a plain leather cord sporting a marble sized red stone. as soon as the object was from his neck, makla no longer appeared human to their eyes. the gem, its now wrapped around a taloned limb, glinted against his metallic bronze scales
sitting where a gawky adolescent once occupied, a horse sized draknor stared at them with a sharp raptor eye, head still cocked sideways. "see," he said, his words now a little clipped and bestial, "i is a makla." he paused then changed his attention to the doorway they came through. "you know, forest daughter, you don't have to sit outside."

loch could feel them through the stones of its fortress. could smell each one and feel their warm flesh. it hated the life of them. hated their breathing bodies
the living and free of will had no place in its kingdom
it was coming and if the group stayed in the spot they were at, it would be upon them in a matter of hours

Last edited by Makla on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:43 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Yuri stepped back, stunned. That kid is... a monster? A breath, then another and her head was clear again. No, not a monster, just a different type of sentient being. Like a dragon, but maybe a little less intelligent.

"A Makla, I see now." She turned her attention to the hallway that Makla was talking to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:40 am 
Matrix Operator

When Makla underwent his transformation, Jason recoiled with a wordless gasp of shock. The doorways caught his attention, though, and he poked around some more. "Three was the answer, six is more. If six was the answer, we learned no more. Since last time the answer was three, and three times two is six, you see..." Arriving at the second doorway, he started to tentatively begin down the passageway. "With no riddle to guide my feet, it is the second door I seek."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:22 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc:oh, i know who you where talking about ,feel dumb now.

Veailsba shrugged not thinking much at all of the comment.
I dungeon dive, nosy or not it's what i do. As she said it Makla went from a stingy young man to a large birdlike beast. She wasn't quite as flabbergasted as the others, but she still took the time to stop and stare.

well now i think I've finally seen it all. She muttered under her breath.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:02 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Klofka watched, slightly surprised, as Makla made his transformation. She was even more surprised when he called her out. Having been discovered, she found no more reason to hide and stepped out into the room.
"Fire son." Klofka addressed Makla with a slight bow of her head.

OOC: Sorry for the short post. I still don't have internet at my apartment. . .nor the time to use it. . .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:02 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Welcome. What's your name? I'm sure you heard our tales, why don't you share a little of yours, shinpi?"* Yuri nodded towards Jason. "Meanwhile, let's keep moving, it seems Jason's gone and thought up a reason why we should take the second path." She shrugged, saying, "better than no reason at all I guess." She began to follow the disturbed human down the winding path.

*Shinpi is japanese for 'mystery' it can be used as a noun for someone or something mysterious as well. I could have used kaijin, but I thought shinpi sounded more feminine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:01 am 
The Broken One

"okey dokey," makla chirped, getting to his feet and trotting after them. he was quite liking this outing. maybe they would have a picnic
with the sudden thought of food, the draknor felt his stomach growl. he hadn't eaten for a while. that's why he'd attacked the market place. they had food, he didn't have money, they wouldn't give it, so he had to take it
"anybody got eats?" he asked, shouting up the hallway
what responded before the others could wasn't all that reasurring. a low rumbling growl emenated from further up to corridor, in the dark where the dim torch light stopped. makla looked at his stomach.
"i don't think that was me."
but nothing showed itself

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 am 
Matrix Operator

Baring his teeth, Jason drew the kalis from his belt. "I don't like that sound..."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:24 pm 
The Broken One

ooc: in case any one is interested. i'm going to be drawing the creatures and other things from this rp. so if you're curious about what any of these things look like, check out viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1615 to see them. you guys are free to post pictures and things as well if you want

nothing showed itself, however. the hallway was quiet. still, the sane part of makla's mind told him not to venture into the darkness. to stay out of the dark area past the glow of the torches. unfortunatly, he never listened to that part of his consious
"no lights out there," he commented before continuing on. "should be fun."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"'Fun' isn't the word I would use..." She briefly considered staying in the light away from the horrors of the growling dark hallway, but being in a group appealed to her more and she shouted, "hey! Wait up!" And charged after them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:23 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason raised his head, all playful randomness gone from his eyes. He charged forward into the darkened area, blade at the ready.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 am 
G.E.E.K.

Jarrel flared the flames as the beast ran through the corridor behind him.
HOLY SH**! he mentally screamed, running after the group that escaped through the new opening.

After a few minutes, he found them standing around and heard a growl down one of the corridors.
"What are you waiting for?!?" he yelled, raising the flame over there heads and dimming it some, "That thing doesn't sound friendly nor patient! Let's get a move on!" With this he started his run down the corridors of darkness...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:21 pm 
Godsin Queen

Veailsba looked at the darkness and back at the run full of maze like passages. Then here eyes landed on a torch fussing into the wall and attempted to wrench it from it's place. After a few good pulls it gradually started to loosen up, and she jerked the torch out of it's socket and knocked herself flying into the wall behind her, or at lest she hoped it was a wall. It was hard and cold like a wall.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:32 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Yuri scoffed at the man who ran through the hallways so recklessly with the flame above his head, even after he took off down the hallway towards the monster. He'll be the first to be eaten. "Are you okay, Veailsba?" She offered a hand to the dark elf. "Good idea about the torch. It seems this corridor is enchanted to make anything dark be hard to see through, even with my second sight."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:47 am 
The Broken One

yuri was right. but she didn't know the half of it
as they got further in, the light was slowly eaten. the fire eventually snuffed out. there wasn't one wit of a difference between walking with their eyes closed or open
it didn't help that the growling sound came and went as they walked. one time it would sound closer, another it would be so faint they only heard it because they were looking for it
"how does it move?" makla asked the darkness. "near, far, near, far. but hallway goes straight."
it was true. they hadn't found one turn or felt the wall curve since the light disappeared yet the growling moved freely back and forth, ahead and behind

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:16 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"It's almost like this dark consumes light." Yuri chuckled as a hint of a breeze went by, but only lightly and with no feeling. Another went by the opposite direction moments later.

Kuall, can you hear me?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 am 
Matrix Operator

"The passage widens ahead?" Jason said with startling clarity. "In this darkness, we cannot see the path."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:19 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Yuri stopped suddenly, a cold sweat running down her back. "First the darkness impenetrable even by magic, next the torches going out as if drained, and now my link with Kuall has been nullified." She glanced around, but just with her eyes as if she were to scared to move. "I think this darkness is part of the monster." she whispered.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:17 am 
The Broken One

that seemed to be the case. there really wasn't any other explanation for it
however, after still walking for a while in that continuous straight line it became apparent that whatever it was wasn't going to pop out and kill them. in fact, the occaisional growl from whatever it was began to be out matched by the growl of makla's stomach. he'd stayed in his natural form, not really thinking about putting the stone back around his neck, so it was louder than it would have been
eventually, he let out a whimper and sat down, blocking off a decent bit of the hallway. "i'm hungry..." he whined, rolling over the lay on his side. "can't see nothin'... if the room was full of cake we wouldn't even know it."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 am 
Matrix Operator

Jason nodded in agreement, then glanced at Klofka speculatively before groping for the walls. "Mayhap a way exists, hidden to unseeing eyes."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next