Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Labrynth of Al'Hatai
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 am 
Solitary Serpent

Klofka awoke in a small room with stone walls. She stood and shook herself. A noise behind her startled her. She spun around, reaching for her sword, only to find it not there. Klofka had turned to find nothing but a hallway behind her. Having nowhere else to go, Klofka cautiously walked down the hallway.
How did she end up here? What was this place? The last thing she remembered was her army being ambushed in the forest. Klofka stopped suddenly and stomped her hoof. She must have been captured. If that is the case, then this must be the king's labyrinth!
Curse this place! I must find a way out! Klofka trotted down the first corridor that she came to, hoping to find something, or somebody, soon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 am 
Godsin Queen

Veailsba didn't know whether to call in luck or not, but it seemed that only one of them had actually seen her take the swinging ride on the trap mace. The other two were too absorbed in solving some kind of puzzle to take notice to her. Which helped her figure out exactly where the mindless jabbers came from, not that it comforted her much.

Since he made no move to voilently confront, her she ventured it would be alright to investigate a little further, and maybe even try cracking this puzzle herself. She figured if she could figure it out, it might make these people want to keep her around in case they didn't warm up to her right away.

cautiously, after a conciderable amount of timing out the swinging of the structure she was sitting on, she forced herself to leap off and onto the other side. Barely making it past the maces swinging range. Barely, as in it tore the back of her cloak as it passed by.

Mortified by the feeling and the sound of her cloths being ripped, Veailsba quickly scooted over to safety, and examined the damage done to them. there was now a large gaping hole from the top of her back to the base of her hip. It wasn't enough to revile anything but her dark, sleek backside, but it did make the outfit a lot more airy, and baggy than it was before. She continued to examine the damage until she was sure that her under garments weren't visible though the tear.

When she was done she looked back behind her to scowl at the device for tearing her garments in the first place, and to her dismay, the hallway she was just in had vanished, and she was stuck in the circular room with the others. She guessed this meant she had no choice now, but to figure out this riddle of theirs.

"when do griffins have twelve legs?" The riddle echoed in her ears as she read it herself. The others around her still seemed rather oblivious of her existence which she found more than a little odd. She shrugged it off thinking maybe the lighting was making her hard to see.

she mumbled the riddle over and over under her breath, and for some reason started to count the legs in the room including her own, and the griffin's. It equaled up to twelve which made her even more curious, but that didn't explain the slots on the walls or it's hollowed eye sockets. But those could be something meant to throw someone off of finding the real answer.

With the empty eye sockets in mind Veailsba took to searching from something to stuff into them in the slots in the walls.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:05 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"At least it isn't a snake trap." She turned sharply as she heard a wooshing sound behind her, but whatever made the sound was behind the one-way wall to the path from which they had come. Moments later a creature as dark as night jumped down just to the back of her. In reaction Yuri reached for her now non-existent greatsword and whipped around. She staggered back, holding her palm in front of her, ready to call her master's flame with her mind. "Who are you," she asked, belatedly realizing that the dark elf wasn't looking at her, but at the eye-riddle thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 pm 
Godsin Queen

Veailsba was slightly startled by the fact that one of the others had actually noticed her. She'd already gotten it into her mind that maybe she was invisible or something of the sort. At any rate she turned from her bussy work and faced the young woman speaking to her.

Veailsba, a Drow that is who i am. If that's too complicated for ya, you can call me Veeba. It's the human translation of my name. Now who are you?she asked back with an arched brow. She seemed slightly more demanding than Veailsba was used to, So she took to greeting her in the same manner, as was the custom of her race.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:44 pm 
Matrix Operator

Noticing the dark elf, Jason turned around. "Dark elf... a shadow of the light, gold turned into night. Corrupted flame, what's in a name?" Returning his attention to the stone, he tried shoving it again, to no avail.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Veailsba, as long as you're not part of this ridiculous prison, welcome aboard. My name's Yuri, ambassador to Kuall, a dragon to the east." She adjusted the angle of her hand to shake.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:09 pm 
Matrix Operator

"And in the land of deaf, the man with one ear looks odd." Jason gave up pushing the rock and, walking over, hauled off and slugged the third marking. "Ow!" Hopping up and down, flapping his wrist, he glared at the wall before turning back to the riddle. "Eye spy with my little eye, what does the blind man see?" He tried poking the carved eye three times, then lifting the rock.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm 
The Broken One

makla had sat himself on the ground and was watching all this with an amused grin. he didn't see the problem with being in this room. it was a nice room. though it could use curtains
he couldn't help but giggle when he saw the crazy man try to lift the rock. "you're not a troll. you can't lift the heavy thing with little arms." he got up and walked over to the 'rock' and ran a finger over the lettering and then stuck a hand in the empty eye socket, feeling around
"it keeps going," he muttered. "going and going and-" he was cut off when his hand came in contact with something soft. something squishy
making a face he pulled his hand out and wiped it on the crazy man's arm
"it has insides."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:12 am 
Matrix Operator

"Get away!" Jason shoved Maykla backwards and wiped at his arm. "It burns!" Turning back to the object, he tore a strip of cloth from his shirt and wrapped it around his hand. "Not for long, Jaosn snarled, preparing to plunge his hand inside.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:25 am 
Godsin Queen

Veailsba grinned as warmly as a dark elf could to Yuri, and took the offer of a hand shake. I'm in here for trying to sneak into the place. Hardly a crime of you ask me. I guess i got what i wanted at any rate.She rolled her eyes at herself as she spoke.

What are you in here for? She asked jerking her head in Yuri's direction.

Before she got her answer, the men started digging inside of the statue. The first one more child like than any thing else came out with a strange goo on his finger, which he rubbed on the second ones arm, who yelped wildly, wrapped up his own hand and started digging in the statue's eye socket.

It was an odd way of going about solving the riddle, and Veailsba was completlly stumped to what it had to do with the statue having legs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:06 am 
Matrix Operator

Coming in contact with the squishy substance, Jason pulled back and glared at it. "Breadstick," he said, grabbing the glowing orb Maykla had been playing around with. "In light is shadow, can shadow hold light?" He started trying to shove the thing into the socket.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:03 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Jarrel continued his unique run through this place of torture, continuing to make only left turns. The flame floating ahead of him burned through countless spiderwebs, but as of yet, he had not run into any of the monsters that were fabled to be hidden within this Labyrinth.
After an unknown amount of time (it felt like days), he heard voices around a right hand turn.

Well, this is a predicament, he thought to himself. He wanted to continue his pattern, but he also wanted to see if these were other prisoners or beasts. He dimmed the flames to a pinprick and inched toward the corner...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:46 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Sorry, guys. I'm in the process of moving, and the new apartment doesn't have internet access yet. So, I'll be on sparatically. I'm hoping that I can at least get to the library and get on maybe every other day. Makla, if I'm gone for too long, I give you permission to control Klofka as needed.

IC: After aimlessly wandering around for a while, Klofka had circled back around to where she had begun.
"This won't do." Klofka surveyed her surroundings. She picked up a small stone and struck it against a wall. It left a small mark.
"I'll use this to mark my path," she mused to herself. Klofka turned and restarted her journey, marking every corner she turned. She made a few circles, rediscovering her marks. Each time she would take a different path. As she traveled further into the maze, Klofka heard voices. Wondering what others were in here and if any were more of her kind, she made her way in their direction. She rounded a corner just in time to see a light ahead go dim. It was just around the next corner. As quietly as possible, Klofka made her way toward the dim light.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:53 pm 
The Broken One

how rude. this crazy person had taken his glowing ball. shoving the man aside, makla grabbed at it to try and get it back
but it was stuck. try as he might, the orb wouldn't come back out
then something strange happened. he couldn't decide if it was good or bad but was sure up coming events would let him know
the ball started spinning at a rapid pace. makla was mesmerized by it and only just kept himself from touching it. things that moved that fast didn't usually like to be poked, he figured. it just kept going round and round until...
it stopped. not a slowing stop but a sudden one. and there was something different now. the orb had a slightly darker spot in the middle
now the urge to touch was just too much
but he never got to. as he reached out a hand to poke at the slightly darker spot, the eye socket clamped shut
"eyelid?" he asked wonderingly as he poked at that instead. "arms?"
or what looked like arms... cracks had appeared in the 'rock' and two appendanges detatched themselves from it. the whole thing started to slowly untangle itself
it was a lot bigger than it had looked at first...
"troll..." makla whimpered and started to slowly back up. the thing was ugly and it wasn't apparent really what it was but troll seemed as good a word as any. a deceptively thin body supported two hulking limbs that appeared to be arms and a thick round bulge at the top houseing its newly acquired eye
not thinking much along the lines of bravery, makla ran and rammed himself in one of the nitches labelled '7'
the troll watched him move but didn't do anything. its eye darted from one person to the next as it balanced itself on its club-like arms
"what is it for?" makla asked, wide eyed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:25 am 
Godsin Queen

Holly :swear: ! Veailsba uttered breathlessly as she gaped up at the creature forming in front of them. Her hand went for an empty space where a dagger should have been in her pocket, and she grasped at thin air, while still staring up at the creature.

In frustration she glared over at Jason.
Nice going Mr. Riddle. You better hope this thing is friendly, Or so help me! She growled motioning toward the creature.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 am 
Matrix Operator

"Three's the answer, a troll the solution?" Jason moved over so that he was standing up against the third indentation. "Hey, you with the hygiene problem? What's a matter, cat got your tongue?" He stuck his tongue out at it, doing whatever he could to trick it into charging.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 pm 
The Broken One

the troll's eye darted to over at jason but it still didn't move. makla wondered if the thing even had ears. maybe it didn't know what a cat was.
or hygiene
maybe it figured it out because the thing suddenly seemed to take offense at jason's movement and began thumping its way to him. not very quickly but it was moving. its thick arms beat against the ground hard enough to shake up little dirt clouds and it seemed very intent on walking right over the man

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:08 pm 
Matrix Operator

As it charged, Jason jumped out of the way, causing it to crash headlong into the wall indentation.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:37 pm 
The Broken One

ooc: good job, falconer. your character can find a weapon or magical item on the other side of this. decided to start with an easy puzzle so expect the others to be harder

apparently the thing had an extremely slow reaction time
not only did it plow through the wall, exposing the area concealed behind, but it kept going several feet before it slowed to a stop and stood looking fairly confused. and then it seemed to decide it didn't like this outside area and made its way back in
seeing an exit, makla darted for it. not caring or really even thinking about what was on the other side. it looked like another room but at least he could see this room had a corridor branching off of it

loch roamed the halls of its domain. the large creature's head darted from side to side, poking its head down each turn it came to before continuing on
it had fresh prey. it could feel it. nothing happened here that it didn't know about. all the creatures here fed it little strings of information, being all of them connected to it. it could control them, manipulate them, and see through their eyes. even the walls told it what was going on in its dark little kingdom
this creature wasn't a normal beast of the labrynth. it had found its way into the tunnels and liked it so much it made its home there. claiming it for its own
it knew there were trespassers and it was coming to deal with the pests

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:08 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Woo hoo!

IC: Following Makla through the new hole, Jason paused when his foot bumped into something on the ground. "What's this I meet, lying at my feet?" Kneeling, he picked up a long metal object. A cursory examination revealed it to be a kalis, an oddly shaped dagger in a matching sheath. Tucking the knife absently in his belt, Jason held up the sheath proudly. "Mine."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:18 pm 
Godsin Queen

Veailsba awatched with awe and then held her face in her hand from not thinking of it herself. of course, it has twelve legs when you multiply them by three. I can't believe i didn't figure in out sooner. Still shaking her head, Veailsba followed the two men though the new hole in the wall. She figured she might as well follow the only people with protection, since she herself was unarmed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:48 pm 
The Broken One

makla had sat himself cross legged on the floor and was very intently drawing pictures in the dirt. he'd forgotten about what had just happened and as far as he was concerned he'd been in this room his entire life. in fact, he was fairly convinced he had
the room they found themselves in wasn't much different than the one they'd just left. it was circular and had wall indentations. the only difference was that there were passageways leading from the indentations this time. six of them not counting the one they'd just come through

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 am 
Matrix Operator

"Which way do we go, which way to turn?" Jason muttered. "In one we live, the rest we burn." He started looking around the edges of the room. "One, two, I left a shoe. Three, four, this lacks a door. Five, six, now pick up sticks." He rubbed a finger against the wall. "Mushroom."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:08 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Mathematics," Yuri pinched the bridge of her nose, "if I wanted to study math, I would have stayed at Prestor's Academy and Enrichment Centre for Girls." She glanced from pathway to pathway in the new room. "Wait, before we make a decision which one to take, let's learn something about one another." She didn't voice her concerns about their not making it through this instance that led her to thinking of this. "I'm Yuri, as I've said before, and I got caught up in this madman's toy by insulting it and him. My master Kuall has said I've always been too forward with my opinions, well... This is part of my training now that I've failed that test."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am 
Matrix Operator

"Death is always, death is near, yet for those who bring it comes only fear." Jason poked at the entrance to each passageway with his sheath to . "A fallen dream, a conscious mind, ease the passages of time."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next