Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

Post subject: Re: Labrynth of Al'Hatai
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:47 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Could we actually be asleep or in some sort of trance while it digests us?" Yuri shivered at the thought. "Does anyone have any magic that could make it brighter? I could normally, but without Kuall..." I'm so useless by myself...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:12 pm 
Godsin Queen

Veailsba frowned at her burned out torch. It had taken quite a bit of effort to pull the thing out of the wall. Now it was next to useless. In dismay she tossed the torch down the hall in front of them and turned back to the still lite hall behind them.

I don't have a weapon, and i don't know about the lot of you, but I'm not facing the darkness with no light to guide my feet. I'm heading back and trying another passage. She declared and started back to the previous room.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:55 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Veailsba! We shouldn't split up, it may be the monster's plan! I have fire... I think I have a plan..." Yuri called out to her, a note of worry in her voice. Hopelessly, she felt the link between her mind and Kuall's. It wasn't damaged, suppression magic couldn't do that. If it were a string, something was merely holding it, preventing any vibrations from reaching the other end. I know... if Kuall knew it was being suppressed, he would be able to destroy the suppressor with a thought... Why can't I do something similar? She focused her thoughts, especially the emotion-packed wordless ones and changed them to compact anger and frustration, and ignited them with fire, mental fire she manipulated frequently as a channel of Kuall. She forced the thoughts down the line, adding a tint of fear, just to make the message clear if it got through to her master. It worked, if just for a few seconds, and the darkness lost its grip. Seizing her chance, Yuri called to the mighty dragon wordlessly. FIRE! A mighty energy, much more powerful than that of her own creation flared down the line, and she cut it off from her mind, instead using her body as the conductor. She ran ahead of the others and fire flared from her fingertips, forming a ball of fire bright enough to match the sun. "Hurry!" She panted, "The darkness will no longer obscure our true path! Look for something we couldn't see with the darkness!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:38 am 
Matrix Operator

Jason hesitated. "Wow, you're weird looking," he commented to Yuri.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:20 am 
The Broken One

second puzzle and first horde
figure out the puzzle, you get a major weapon
yes, there is a chance of dying in this rp! it runs on this little complicated system i have. but don't worry, your character can be revived or you can just rejoin with a different character
don't worry, the chance of dying is very small. miniscule

makla didn't get up. he just watched with half interest as yuri took off down the corridor. she didn't get more than a few yards before her fire was suppressed and extinguished. the draknor yawned and lay his head down. "no magic, no energy."
sure enough, not only was the darkness suppressing magic but they could feel their energy being sapped as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 am 
Matrix Operator

"Light the darkness, light the darkness..." Jason cast about, without luck. "Maybe we have gone at this wrong..." He stopped, feeling weaker. "We fight the darkness, panicking, what if it leaves by us joining? Make the darkness part of us, bring it in with faith and trust."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:38 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Yuri panted, sweat beading on her hands, putting out the last sparks of flame. Turning back towards the group, she lifted one foot after the other for what seemed like miles before reaching them. "I didn't go far, but I'm so tired." She laughed and wheezed, falling to her hands and knees. "Is it nighttime already? How do we tell? Maybe the creature's nocturnal, maybe its not part of the maze at all, thus can walk through its walls." She rolled over onto her back, the dirt sticking to her hands. The cold ground was oddly comforting after her effort with the fire. Something bothered her though. "Could the monster fly?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 pm 
The Broken One

makla tapped at the ground with a claw. "hmmm... what if its not monster but is part of labrynth but not magic or trap. what if it is labrynth?" he squinted, trying to see anything
he really wanted his glowing ball back
feeling around and tapping with his claws, makla started forward again but slowly. "there is shapes," he chirped at one point. "feel the rock stones. shapes. like pointy scales. like my scales. but why my skin on the ground in dirt?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

At his suggestion, Yuri put her ear to the 'stone' floor. Duh-thump... Duh-thump... As she realized the implications, her own heart rate skyrocketed. Consequently, so did the monster's. Dun-thump, Dunthump, Du-thump, Du-thump. Wide eyed, she stood up, thinking she could almost hear her muscles groaning under the effort. "If this labyrinth is alive, what can we do? It's eating us, feeding off of our magic and life force!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:01 pm 
Godsin Queen

Veailsba was torn now, unsure of what to do next. Yuri had a good point. She couldn't turn back the way she came and just wander alone, but why did these people insist on pushing forward into hallway that could be certain death for them all? It just didn't add up at all. Could these people be decoys sent to lead her down the wrong path? She shook the thought from her head and pressed forward, with any luck if this place was really alive she could find the heart of it and try killing it.

If we must head in this direction, let's go then.She huffed back at the others as she went.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Ta-da! I have come back! (unfortunately, only temporarily)

IC: Klofka followed the others, trying to put this new puzzle together. There was definitely some kind of strong magic present. She just couldn't find the source. And although she hadn't exerted herself much, Klofka was beginning to grow tired.
Makla pointed out odd shapes on the ground. Klofka bent down a picked some of these "scales" up.
"Something has been this way. The scales were scratched off by the walls of the tunnel," Klofka guessed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:33 pm 
Matrix Operator

Picking up one of the scales, Jason stuck it in his mouth and chewed thoughtfully as he looked around.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile