Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Awakening - Age of Conflict
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:55 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Next you'll be saying that when we break the sound barrier, we'll break the time barrier too." He laughed a bit, but continued his discussion with Wolf. "Lies are only what you perceive as lies. Obviously you are repulsed by them, by your tone, but you justify your own intimate use by saying everyone uses them for their own selfish reasons like you use them for yours. For example, lies can be constructive. If I told you this plane was sewn together from the body of a dead elephant, you would know I was lying, and I would know you knew I was lying, and it would simply be a rather sad attempt at humor, therefore building my personality in your eyes, as well as everyone else in here."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 am 
The Broken One

grimacing, wolf got up. "you think you've got me figured out already, do you? that's a bit arrogant, don't you think?" he jabbed the guy in the chest. "life is built on lies, you prick. anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something. ever tell the truth on a first date? ever get anywhere in life without making yourself out to be better than you really are? now you can call me a jerk, but i'm perfectly okay with lying to do what i have to."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Hey whoa, guys!" Michael positioned himself between them. "Ease up, okay?"
Before he could continue, the pilot said over the intercom, "I've turned on the fasten seatbelt sign, as we are approaching our destination. Please take your seats, folks, it could be a bumpy ride."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:24 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Tobi sat quietly, listening as the guys behind her argued. She took mental notes of each one's personality. She stole a glance back at the guys as the pilot's voice filled the cabin. Turning back around, Tobi fastened her seat belt and prepared herself for the landing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Ivan was a bit startled he got this much of a reaction out of the guy. He wondered how Wolf managed to win any cases without concealing his anger better... "Well, as far as I know I didn't lie a bit to get onto this plane, just recieved an invitation. We still have yet to see if it leads anywhere though."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Jade chuckled without opening his eyes.

"You could have snuck on, 007 style. Maybe you waited until that stewardess was busy with something, then crawled all the way down the connector celieng with suction cups. Or maybe you posed as the copilot, and then stepped out of the light for a split second, and then emerged with a laptop instead of a captain's hat. Technically, no, you didn't lie."

He then cracked open one eye, and grinned.

"Perhaps our host hired each of us for our personal, secret skills. Perhaps you're the best safecracker in the States. Michael over there is probably some sort of martial arts fanatic. Our slightly angry friend is probaly...No, I'm betting he's just legal counsel."

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 pm 
Matrix Operator

Strapping himself in, Michael snorted. "Not likely. Last time I raised a hand in anger was to type on a keyboard."
The entire plane shook with a low rumble as the wheels made contact with the runway.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm 
The Broken One

wolf grumbled and took his seat, ramming the belt into the lock with a bit more force than necessary. this whole thing was getting on his nerves and it didn't help that the people on the plane with him just seemed to be air headed jokesters. glancing around, his eyes widened when he noticed a girl on the plane that he hadn't seen earlier. he didn't know why that struck him as odd, but it did. he wasn't sexist or anything but it seemed that this egbert fellow had only picked out those of the male persuasion and this random woman was a break in the pattern
shaking his head, he took satisfaction in flipping the bird at ivan before looking at the headrest of the seat in front of him, waiting to land

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:58 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: I'm in the process of moving, and the new apartment does not have internet access yet. So, for now, my posting depends on when I can manage to get to the library or whatnot. If I'm gone too long and the story needs to progress, Falconer, just drag Tobi along in the background. I'm going to try to check back every 2 or 3 days.

IC: Tobi gripped the armrests as the plane touched down. She hated flying and was happy they were finally on the ground again.

OOC: Sorry for such short posts. . .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 am 
Matrix Operator

Makla wrote:
...he took satisfaction in flipping the bird at ivan before looking at the headrest of the seat in front of him, waiting to land

{OCC: But doesn't everybody know that the bird is a word? :lol: Will do, Ersska, good luck with the move!}

IC: Michael leaned back, trying to relax as with a loud bump, the wheels touched down.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
OOC Sorry i am late let us just say you all noticed my character asleep at the back of the planeand the anouncement made him wake up.

IC "yaaawn, oh hello people who apparently got on while i was nappong might i inquire who you all are?"

After thier names were given the man '"replied with I am Alondor Dariflo, Cryptologist."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:31 am 
Matrix Operator

"Michael," he said, shaking the cryptologists hand as the plane taxied up to the terminal.
Once the doors had opened, everyone filed out of the plane, luggage in tow. In the abandoned terminal room, a lone man stood, waiting for them. “Greetings, my lords and lady. Welcome to Scotland.” He gestured for them to follow him as he began walking out of the terminal. “We have a bus waiting for you.”

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 pm 
The Broken One

following at the rear of the group, wolf walked with his usual slouch, shooting glares at this new man
"so what the hell is this all about?" he called after walking a short way. "you that egbert prick or just a lacky?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:16 pm 
Matrix Operator

It was a tribute to the man’s training that he didn’t even blink. “No, sir, I am Charles Jeeves, Sir Pufendorf’s butler. I will be taking you to see him.”
Michael snorted. “You’re a butler… named Jeeves… can I make a comment?”
“I believe I have heard them all already, sir,” Charles replied stiffly, opening the door to the parking lot.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm 

"Wait wait wait. Wait. Waaaaiiiiit. We're in Scotland?"

Jade grinned, and began rummaging through his bag as they walked, finally emerging with a bright green tam, which he traded with his ball cap, the color clashing horribly with his bright red hair. He winked broadly at Michael and Ivan, then began whistling 'Scotland the Brave', bowing slightly to Jeeves as he half-walked, half-skipped out of the airport

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Tobi quietly exited the plane. She expressed no surprise upon meeting the butler and thought it a little too cliche that his name was Jeeves. But whatever. . .The fact that they were in Scotland didn't seem to bother her either. After all, she did get on a plane with no stated destination. As they exited the airport, Tobi hung back near the rear of the group. Once again, she took in everybody's personalities, from the overly happy redhead to the overly upset slouch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:10 pm 
Matrix Operator

IC: Michael rolled his eyes at Jade's headgear as they climbed into a nice-looking van, which eerily enough had the exact number of seats to fit them. "So, Jeeves," he said, trying to conceal his smirk at the name, "Do you know why we've been called to Scotland, and under such strange circumstances?"
The butler shook his head. "That is a question best answered by Pufendorf himself, sir." He turned a dial, and the backs of everyone's seats slid down to reveal a monitor, which flickered to life.

OCC: I will post the message tomorrow, feel free to react to the seat screens.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:25 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Working in the washington police department Alondor had seen more advanced tech then a screen seat. Though his wide toothy grin did show when he looked at everybody elses reaction.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:34 pm 

Jade chuckled at Michael's reaction, and stared at the screen that had almost hit him in the face. With a horrible accent, he commented to Jeeves;

'Oi. I say gov, tha' screen almost go' me right in the face, it did. Didn' knaow we'd be 'ssaulted bah technology, 'else I wouldn'a signed up forra trip.'

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:28 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

About halfway through that comment Alondor started cracking up at how horrible the accent was and where jade emphasized.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Shhh, it's starting."
A face appeared on the screen, that of an big man with white hair and beard. His voice was unexpectedly strong, and Michael flinched slightly as the man boomed excitedly, "Greetings, my lords and lady! If you are listening to this, then welcome to Scotland, the land where legends never die!" The speaker's voice grew quieter. "If you are watching this, it means that for some reason I was unable to welcome you personally.
"You're probably wondering what this is all about. To make a long story short, and it is a very long story, your parents were members of an organization originally known as the Templar Knights, an order created in the medieval period to combat the growing threat of the Sorcerers, who we believe managed to use an unknown energy source to manipulate the DNA of animals and humans. Using the monstrous results as their slaves, the Sorcerers threatened to take control of the known world until the Templars stopped them.
"After the defeat of the Sorcerers, the Templar order was greatly reduced in size and capacity. This later turned out to be a mistake, as within the last few days we think that someone may have unearthed their technology and resumed their experiments."
Here his voice grew quieter, and one could almost feel that he was looking right into their eyes.
"You are the next generation of Templar knights. It is up to you to stop them. Jeeves will take you to our headquarters where you will be outfitted and given further details. Good luck."

The cover slid back up, restoring silence to the vehicle.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:42 pm 
The Broken One

wolf burst into gales of laughter
"you're kidding, right? that's a riot! hilarious! okay, what's this really about? i've got to admit that was a good one. at least our friend puffy has a good sense of humor."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 pm 

Jade felt his jaw crop, and could only sit as the message finished, and the screen retracted. For a moment, he felt numb, and blinked several times before peering between the seats at Jeeves, pushing his hat back onto the rear of his head. Before he could say anything however, Wolf cut across.

After he was done, Jade simply glanced at him, the grin gone from his face, and commented drily;

"Pot to kettle, mate, but are ye quite done making an ass of yourself, or are you still hankering for the taste of your own foot?"

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:07 pm 
The Broken One

"buck off the accent 'laddie'," wolf snapped, his smile dissappearing quickly. "if i'm making an ass of myself at least i'm not alone."
he turned to the butler. "yo, jeevsie, this guy isn't serious, right? i mean, come on, he's gotta be joking. its like he expects us to believe we've fallen into a david eddings novel or something."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 am 
Matrix Operator

OCC: @John: Jaw crop... is that like a beard or something?

IC: Jeeves shook his head. "As far as I know, sir, what Master Pufendorf said is entirely accurate."
Michael blinked a few times, remembering back to all the odd things his father had said and done. The business trips to clients he didn't have, the family vacations to the oddest places, and how his mother had acted like this was perfectly normal. "My father... was a knight?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next