Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Awakening - Age of Conflict
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:20 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Oddly enough, Ivan was in agreement with the short-tempered lawyer. That couldn't be the entire depth of the story... it was just so... fictional. However, he kept his serious thoughts to himself for now. "Maybe we are in a work of fiction? Maybe Jeeves is a vampire, which is why he is such a cliche, because he created the cliche. No offense, good sir, just making fun."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:20 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Tobi sat through the video in silence. As the screen retracted into the seat, her mind raced through childhood memories. All the lessons, all the extra tutors, all the trips now made a little more sense. She only wished her dad were here. She had so many questions she wanted to ask. If only she could speak to this Pufendorf fellow.
Finally breaking her silence, Tobi turned to Jeeves and asked, "Is there any chance we will be able to meet Master Pufendorf in person?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Alondor also wanted to know this because his parents had been seperated since before he could remember and he had been living with his mom ever since

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:54 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I'm afraid," the butler replied, choosing his words carefully, "that he will be unable to speak to you at this moment, madam. You will know why when we reach the- ah, the mansion."
As soon as they pulled up, everybody got out and followed Jeeves inside. The building was large and lush, with tapestries and paintings, sculptures and more. But as they entered a side room, what drew everyone's eyes was the sight of the man they had just seen on video lying in a bed, and IV in his arm and several monitors beeping steadily. "Lords and Lady," said Jeeves, "Sir Egbert Pufendorf."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:44 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"So, we're supposed to just accept that this guy who accuses our parents of being part of some secret cult just so happens to have fallen ill and is unable to answer our questions? I can't believe this!" Ivan glanced around at the others, reading their faces. "Well, I don't know if the rest of you believe this nonsense or not, but thanks for the trip glad to see at least some of us are satisfying your need to deceive people, at least this prank pays my travel expenses." Ivan turned, striding toward the door.

OOC: Someone stop the poor guy. ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:08 am 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Right. Add one drama queen/king to the group. :roll:

IC: "Ivan! Ivan" Rushing after him, Michael grabbed his arm. "Wait. Something's not right here, can't you feel it? I think he's telling the truth." Ivan stared at him for a moment, and Michael continued wryly, "Besides, the next plane back to the States doesn't leave for a few hours."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:59 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
OOC check out the out of character discussion.

IC "I have never met my dad I think it would be cool to learn about something he and my mom took part in."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Jade sighed, and took off the tam, scratching his neck awkwardly as he watched Michael and Ivan talk. For a moment he debated internally, his emotions playing across his face like the Finals at Wimbledon. Then-

"Alright."

Jade put the tam in his belt, and shook his hair free, then smiled slightly, and eyed Jeeves.

"Count me in. Now-What do we have to do?"

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:45 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"I'm still not convinced, but if there is any truth to this, I will find it." Ivan smiled grimly at Jeeves. "So, what do you expect us to do to answer this supposed threat?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:32 am 
The Broken One

"i'm with the twerp on this one," wolf said, pointing a thumb at ivan. "this guy is in no condition to be putting together any sort of ridiculous fantasmic group of fighting evil if that really is the game here... but we've come out here and for most of us i'm assuming we dropped whatever important things we had just to do so. we might as well play this demented game we've apparently been sucked into." he crossed his arms and put on the impatient face of a bored man waiting

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:33 am 
Matrix Operator

Michael stepped forward. "Looks like we're all in. Jeeves, tell us what we need to do."
"Very good, sir." The butler led them into the next room, where rows of monitors covered one wall. On each was a different news feed, showing events around the world. "Before Lord Pufendorf was taken with his illness, he tracked down the energy signature of the rogue technology to here." He pointed a remote, and four of the screens switched to a compound view of the Midwest. "Here, just outside Kansas City, Missouri. The facility is owned by the Genetic and Environmental Anomaly Research Syndicate, or G.E.A.R.S. Interestingly enough, less than fifteen minutes after your flight left US airspace, all communications from the facility ceased, and power consumption dropped to minimal levels. The jet is refueling as we speak: when it is finished, you will need to board again for the flight to Kansas City.
"You will, of course, not be going in blind and unarmed." He pointed the same remote at an adjacent wall, which slid back to reveal a large room filled with racks of medieval weapons. Against the far wall were multiple suits of black body armor, bulkier than standard S.W.A.T. gear. "Each of you may take whatever weapon or weapons you choose, and one suit of body armor. The armor, by the way, adjust to individual size."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:37 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Ivan couldn't help but smile at the miniature arsenal. "Where'd you get these? A Renaissance fair? Well I suppose this is Scotland..." He walked over to the wall, pausing at the array of swords and daggers. He reached out to a bastard sword with a crimson jewel at the pommel and half of a hand-guard, tracing the uneven grains that come from blacksmithing from scratch. "Some of these weapons are custom made as well." He equally examined a dagger with a pearl-colored blade, a wicked looking spiked mace with a head that could have easily matched the size of a bowling ball, but stopped at a polished hickory handle with a metal cap chained to a ball of the same wood with black-iron spikes that match the cap.

"A flail. Simple, but more than effective." He picked it up, judging the length of the chain to be about one-and-a-half feet. The handle was about two feet. The spike ball was about fist sized, without the spikes which stretched out to make the thing match softball's diameter. He'd wielded one before, at one of such fairs, and knew to swing it above his head, and if surprised he could use the chain to tangle the enemy's weapon and disarm him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 am 
The Broken One

wolf snorted loudly, making plain how ridiculous he found the whole situation. "i'm not clumping into any state of the art facility looking like i've walked out of the third book in lord of the rings. ever heard of bullet proof vests, lancelot?" he glared at the butler. "this isn't doing much to change my mind that this whole thing is some sort of cruel prank that we're all going to be seeing on youtube in a few days. look at the morons walking into the research facility! they think they're arthur's knights come to save the day! ha freakin' ha."
he walked up to the rack and yanked off the closest thing to him, a bolas. its three metal balls clacked together loudly as he shook it at jeeves. "i have half a mind to beat your legs with this into a bloody pulp, you wise ass."
although he gave the appearance of being completely pissed off, wolf was actually a little bit unnerved as well. he was irritated and still didn't really believe what was going on, but his mind was starting to doubt that this was just some idiotic prank going to extreme lengths. he too remembered things about his parents that he'd always questioned but never gotten answers too. he'd ended up rationalizing it by thinking his father had been a cheat. used that same reasoning to get over their divorce. but now that there was an actual reason behind it all?
he suddenly felt a little guilty for torching his dad's car back in high school

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:25 am 

Jade grinned, hefting a long-hafted halberd down from the wall, examining the bluish steel as the metal blade caught the light. For a moment he was in his own world, tracing the curves of the beautifully made weapon, the feel of the polished wood in his grip.

Suddenly, however, Wolf's comments registered, and Jade glanced at him, still shaking the bolas menacingly. A sudden anger flickered into life, and he swung the long weapon, catching one of the bolas's cords with the head of his own weapon, tearing it out of wolf's grasp.

Pulling it back to himself, he shook off the heavy weight, and glared at Wolf as it clattered to the floor. His voice, without the light-hearted tone of earlier, was rather loud and harsh, cutting across the room.

"If you have an issue, mate, then blow it out your ear. You may not like being pulled all the way to the British isles for this, and to be honest, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with it either. But if you don't want to help, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would rather you get lost. We're going to need to work as a team, and if I have to keep listening to your expensive education and arrogance, the only monster I'm going to want to take down with this wonderfully made weapon-is you."

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:12 am 
Matrix Operator

"Guys, guys!" Michael started to get between them, noted Jade's halberd, and wisely remained off to one side. "Cool it! I do not want to have to explain any injuries to the paramedics here." Having said his two bits, he turned back to the rack, where he found a solidly built crossbow. Twanging the string experimentally, he pulled it off the shelf, followed by a quiver full of quarrels.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: Quiver full of Quarrels? Nice rhymes. :mrgreen:

IC: "He has a point though, what's the reasoning around not using modern weapons? I mean, these are traditional and all, but they're not too useful when you can be sniped from 300 yards away from someone relaxing on a rooftop with a cup of java on the side." Ivan motioned towards wolf, obviously, before he spoke. Meanwhile he experimentally began twirling the wood and iron spike ball.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:43 am 

Jon stopped staring at Wolf, and leaned over to stare at Ivan, one eyebrow cocked.

"Ivan, if you saw a half dozen people walking toward you in body armor and carrying weapons that somehow had survived gunpowder-would you honestly shoot them, or just run the heck away?"

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 am 
Matrix Operator

"Your weapons are not what they seem," Jeeves said. The butler had watched silently as each person chose a weapon.
"Sir Ivan, your flail's head was made with a titanium-vanadium alloy that can smash through steel plate.
"Sir Wolf, that bolas has a trio of built-in micro-generators. Whoever you strike with it will be electrocuted severely, though you will have to wait a few seconds for it to recharge.
"Sir Jade, your halberd's shaft telescopes open, to allow you to collapse it small enough to use as an axe, or to fit in a briefcase. The blade is the same metal as Sir Ivan's flail.
"Sir Michael, your crossbow is a repeating design that can fire up to three times. Inside your quiver are regular quarrels, explosive quarrels, and toxic quarrels poisonous only to Sorcerers and their minions, marked with lettering on the side. In addition, the crossbow has folding blades on the front for self-defense."

He turned to Tobi and Alondor, the only two who had not selected weapons yet. "For you, Lady Tobi, this rapier." He took down the long, elegant weapon from a wall bracket. "The hilt has been packed with anti-detection gear, which will neutralize nearby sensors."
Next he retrieved a pair of short swords with elongated handles which he handed to Alondor. "These swords are equipped with sonic generators. Rest both pommels against any metal surfaces to shatter it. The thicker the surface, the longer it will take."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:48 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Ivan considered for a moment Jon's question. "In my example of the sniper, I'd probably shoot them. If I was in any position on ground level I might consider running." After Jeeves finished his narration on the hidden powers of each weapon, Ivan slowed the spinning of the flail, and swung it harmlessly against the air. He wanted to be careful. If this thing could smash through steel he didn't want to see what it could do to somebody's head, not yet anyway. "And the body armor? Will our enemy be wearing the same thing, or do Sorcerers by trade wear cloth and scrubs?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:37 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

After hearing the weapon description Alondor also wanted to know about the armor, but he also had his own question. "Do those throwing knives also have special abilities, because i think it might be useful to have two people with long range weapons?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 am 
The Broken One

grumbling, wolf bent and snatched up the bolas. "i still think a gun or two wouldn't go amiss," he muttered under his breath. he had half a mind to try out this weapon on ivan's head but refrained. maybe those anger managment sessions were actually doing something

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:26 am 
Matrix Operator

"We don't know what condition your opponents will be in, nor what they are capable of." Glancing at the throwing knives Alondor was referring to, Jeeves shrugged. "As far I know, they're just throwing knives."
"Wait, we're going in without any knowledge of our opponents?" Michael asked.
"Much of what was recorded has been lost over the years," he said sadly. The butler walked over to a wall-mounted screen and began tapping on it. "You will want to suit up without delay; there is only a twelve hour window in which to act."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Alfter getting information on the knives Alondor walked over to the suits of armor and chose the one that he thought looked right and put his swords and knives in the area where they fit and went to stand next to Jeeves

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:31 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"What happens after twelve hours? Does the full moon come out and the Sorcerers set in motion their plan of taking over the world with werewolves or something?" Ivan snickered, picking up the armor and asking "Eh... do we have changing rooms or something?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm 
Matrix Operator

"The armor fits over your clothes. And in twelve hours yes, the full moon will rise over your destination, but that has nothing to do with the situation. No, in twelve hours the Templar Council will undoubtedly send word informing us that we are to stand down and wait for more information. My lord Pufendorf wished to have you all act know before that order comes in."
Michael peered inside the suit of body armor, holding it like it would try to eat him. "Don't you have any that aren't vomit green?"
"No."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next