Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Post subject: Re: Alternative Views: The Starshine Dilemma
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 pm 
Matrix Operator

Uh-oh. Having not been briefed on what to do if he was spotted, Jason said the first thing that came to mind. It's the reactor core, he signed. Haven't you been paying attention to the intercom?
"Wait, what?"
The core- let me guess. The Captain forgot to broadcast it on the intercom. He rolled his eyes, noting that the man did not seem to be buying it. Look- what's your name?
"Oxford," he grunted. "Who are you, again?"
Jason frowned as he consulted his long-range radio, which he hoped looked enough like a Handheld to pass as one. By now he'd decided that he would not be able to bluff his way out of this one. You look nothing like your photo. See, your face is too long on here.
He held out the radio screen, which he'd set to Scan. When Oxford looked closer with an expression of annoyed puzzlement, Jason sidestepped and with a swinging punch slammed his fist into the man's throat, leaving him reeling and gasping for air. Jason took off running down the hallway as fast as he could, clicking the radio button twice quickly, then an extended burst.
The call-sign for "run!"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:22 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Oxford pitched forward, missing the man's feet by inches, he tried to call out, but could only sputter helplessly. He sat, up, swallowed and massaged his throat. He thought he could report on the radio now, if he wanted to, but thought better of it. What would he say? He had only a rough description of the kid and had effectively been disabled by one punch. Oxford growled, but cut himself short at the pain. He turned back to the hallway he had been on and continued to the lab. He stepped in, glancing around for Luna.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:02 am 
Godsin Queen

ooc: i can't really do anything till erin responds <_<

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:24 am 
Matrix Operator

Rounding a corner, Jason almost ran into Jonas. The military scout said excitedly, “Hey, you seeing how frickin’ old this tech is? I’m surprised they made it here, ‘s no wonder the reactor thingy’s leaking.”
Jason nodded, pointing back over his shoulder and making a fist.
“Someone attacked you?”
He shook his head and made a fist, pointing from it to himself.
“You punched someone out?” Jonas raised his eyebrows, impressed. “Didn’t know you had it in you, man.”
Jason just shrugged as they reached the airlock and retrieved their rad suits.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:13 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc: tired of waiting hope she doesn't get mad

Ic: Erin seemed to be in a whole other world once she'd gotten to her plants. He shyness seemed to melt away as she had Leon wheeling her back and forth telling the men with them what to grab, how to carry it, where it should go, and the task had been done before long.

Happy with the progress everyone was having with getting what they needed out, Leon headed down to the bay they had been told to meet Raf at in the first place, but as he turned the corner he noticed a pair of people not wearing a uniform and wheeled back around the corner before they could notice them.

As quitely as he could Leon Relayed this news though his wrist com.

Captain, Captain? I think some of the locals to this planet have boarded the ship. Do you know if they are hostile? What should be our next course of action?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:32 pm 
Matrix Operator

They reached the airlock swiftly enough, with no one there guarding it. Jason scrambled into his radiation suit while Jonas did likewise. The scout swore slightly as he got a zipper stuck, and pulled until it came loose. "Ready?"
Jason nodded, and they closed the door behind them.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:02 pm 
Cererean Princess

Luna caught sight of Oxford. "Here, would you carry this" she said, dumping a couple of artificial wombs into his arms. "See this?" she continued, holding up a device which looked suspiciously like a long hypodermic needle. "We could do with a few of these as well, so stuff them into your pockets. But mainly it's the wombs we need."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:25 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Pandora, you did fine. I was going to make Erin more energetic when she was dealing with the plants. So, yeh, we're on the same wavelength. Sorry it's taking me so long to reply. If I remember correctly, I had given you permission to control Erin anyway if I didn't respond for a while.

IC: Erin was content with what the crew had gathered of her plants. However, once they were out of sight, she began worrying again. What if one was forgotten? Or what if one was dropped and the casing broke? OR one was irrepairably damaged? Erin squirmed in the wheelchair. She hated having to be away from her plants for so long.
Just then, Erin and Leon turned the corner. Two men that were NOT part of their crew were not too far away. Leon wheeled Erin back around the corner before the guys noticed them.
"Locals?!" Erin whispered sharply to Leon. "How did they get on the ship? What do they want?"
"If I wasn't in this chair, I could take them. . ." Erin mumbled, berating herself silently for having to rely on the wheelchair.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 am 
Godsin Queen

It's ok, it looks like they haven't seen us yet. Until we know what they are doing here, or Raff gives us new orders we should try to avoid them. It's better we not take the chance of them being unfriendly. I think we can still get to where we're going though the back hallways away from here. Leon tried to keep her calm as he wheeled the chair toward the opposite direction.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:28 am 
Matrix Operator

Jonas frowned as they stepped through the outer door of the airlock. "You hear something?"
Jason shook his head.
"Sounded like voices." Together they dropped down to the ground below. Jonas pressed the Talk button. "Alondor, Sarah, Devin, come in, over."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile