Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:07 am 
G.E.E.K.

"So, about this thing," Jarrel said, tapping the limp form of the beast with his toe. "Are we going to do anything with it soon? Or can I crush it yet?"
His eyes flashed green as he clenched his fist. Nearby a few pebbles flew toward each other and collided, shattering into dust.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 am 
Matrix Operator

"Let me take a look," Kayla said, wincing as she knelt next to the beast. Resting her hand on its side, she closed her eyes.
Opening them a moment later, she stood. "It's some kind of assasin, I can't tell who made it or sent it, but it's not even sentient." She waved her hand, crushing its mind into nonexistence. "I've taken care of it."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:29 pm 
Wandering Dragon

"Yes, its dead, but so is the other one I killed, how are we going to get rid of the bodies? Did you mention crushing Jarrel? Wouldnt that make more mess?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:45 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Blayk cringed a little at how cruel the group was beginning to seem. Jarrel sounded violent, so ready to crushed the creature. And Kayla, finished it without much thought. Blayk knew that the group would have to fight, but he still didn't want to face this ugly fact.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:43 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
"Okay here is what i have, Jarrel use your powers to make a hole, everyone else moves the bodies into the hole, the hole is filled in and flattened out

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:24 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin cackled slightly.

She asked for it. Besides, It will make her a lot more durable in the days to come. She want's to be treated like an equal, she must first get into shape. Don't worry she won't be given any more than she is capable of handling. her voice called back slightly amused.

Leela grumbled her frustration in the background, as she stood up and tried shaking off the tiered feeling.

oh, I just though if something, do you want to get stitched up just to make sure nothing breaks open? Mirravin's voice was a bit more serious this time around.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:13 am 
G.E.E.K.

Jarrel, taking Alondor's suggestion to heart, tore a large chasm into the ground under the one of the beasts.
"Here you go. Let's just hope that they aren't toxic. I'm sure no wants sued for pollution."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:11 am 
Matrix Operator

Kayla superiteously peeled back the edge of her shirt and peered at the wound. A thin trail of blood trickled out, but it didn't look to be in danger of tearing open. No thanks, I'll wait and see. "So, shall we head for the house, everyone?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:27 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
OOC dronalo will actually be a navy color now in subconscious and Alondor white

"Let us put the bodies in the hole before hand and then yes lets. Jarrel to getting sued, we are still on my property and will be for another few feet away from the house, my parents just did not want to extend the wall this far"

That and they feared the forest gods

Shut up

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:00 pm 
Matrix Operator

As the group started towards the house, Kayla stayed behind with Jarrel. Something was pressing at the back of her mind, a sense of impending doom. "I don't trust him," she said finally, indicating Alondor. "There's something he's not telling us."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:10 am 
Godsin Queen

Leela why don't you go talk to the young man you've had a fancy for this whole time. The rest of the group seems to be paring up. Mirravin teased Leela.

"You know what, I'll do just that, but not because you think I like him, but because he's really the only one here I really know at all."

Leela allowed herself to fall back to match Blayk's pace.

talk make conversation, otherwise you just come off as creepy. Mirravin stressed.

"Oh, shut up!"

Leela could her Mirravin giggling meschiviously.

Um, it's weird how those monsters showed up here of all places huh?Leela tried for a conversation, after begrudgingly realizing she was right.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:11 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Blayk followed the group as they headed towards the house. He trailed along in the back. Leela soon fell back to join him.

Um, it's weird how those monsters showed up here of all places huh?

"Kinda," Blayk replied. "But Kayla did say that there was something after us. I just didn't expect them, it, whatever to find us so quickly. It makes me wonder what exactly we are facing, and how are we going to beat it if it's already has such a head start on us?" Blayk sighed and looked down at the ground. And I'm not sure I can handle all of this, he thought to himself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:23 pm 
Matrix Operator

As they approached the doors, Kayla felt a quickening sense of sorrow and pain lingering there, of death, even. A random thought struck her. "Has anyone seen Melody? She was at the crash site." When no one responded affirmatively, Kayla leaned against a wall for support and, pressing her fingers to her temple, extended her mind into the mental realm, promptly collapsing into a heap as she entered the ethereal realm of thought.

Millions of minds flickered like tiny lights, swarming over the Earth. Searching for one, Kayla probed further and further from Los Angeles, finally spotting Melody’s mental signature in… The Mojave? What is she doing there?
Switching over to what Mirrivan had called “Astral projection”, Kayla stepped out onto a familiar hilltop. She’d hiked here once , years before, but it was different now. In place of the usual Joshua trees and scrub brush, the ground was littered with shards of rock and detritus from a crash. Melody she spotted almost instantly, lying crumpled against a boulder, her eyes staring blankly forward. "Melody?" Kayla called, starting forward. "Can you hear me?"
Starting forward, Kayla found her path blocked by a strange field. She has proven most useful, a deep and chilling voice said, sounding like a thousand voices in one. Turning, Kayla confronted the speaker, a tall, dark stranger, ironically enough, but one who exuded an ancient power.
"Who are you?" she demanded, summoning her powers. "Whatever you've done to her, undo it!"
Why do you hasten to destruction, insignificant one? As Kayla tried to seize control of his mind, he batted her probe away and retaliated with a blast of mental energy that brought the girl to her knees. I, mortal, am your worst nightmare.
"What are you?" Kayla gasped, trying to gather her strength.
My name is Legion, for we are many, he responded, as countless buzzing monsters rose from the ground, each unique, and horrifying to look upon. The crystal of life will be ours, and your destruction is assured if you stand in our way.

Back at the estate, Kayla's body spasmed violently as her mind locked in direct combat with the Chaos Demon. At first hopelessly outmatched, Kayla began to drive the demon back, waging a war of willpower with an entity who was old when the stars had formed.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:16 pm 
Wandering Dragon

"Oh my god! Kayla!"
Kira ran over to where Kayal was lieing on the floor in spasms.
"How is she going to survive with this power if stuff like this happens to her all the time!? Mirrivan, can you talk to her with your mind, see whats up with her?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:34 pm 
Matrix Operator

“Get… back!” Kayla snarled, fighting against Legion’s mind. “I’ll not let you harm her!”
You are in no position to dictate to me, human, Legion thundered. The Chaos demon was finding it harder and harder to counteract the human’s mind, weakened as he was by his creation of his minions, who were proving to be startlingly useless in this battle.
Kayla twisted out of his grasp. “Why? Why come to Earth? What do you want here?”
The Crystal of Life – where is it?
In a flash, Kayla realized what had gone wrong, and what had happened. “I took it! Me, Kayla Cianatti! I have the Crystal, and you’ll never see it while I live!”
Then you will die, Legion growled, scorching Kayla’s mind with a blast of mental energy. She sank to her mental knees, desperately hoping for some kind of aid…

Kayla's heart was racing, as a cold sweat broke out on her face.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:03 am 
Godsin Queen

Don't let him in kid! He won't let you get out of this with your mind in tack. Break your ties with him and picture yourself behind an indestructable wall. Mirravin took control without question, and without getting approval from Leela. Of course there really wasn't time to argue so there were no objections from Leela in the lest.

Leave the child alone. Why don't you come after someone a bit more challanging.Mirravin sent out a stern message. Hoping that it would at lest be enough to buy Kayla some time to get herself more organized. She wasn't too powerful without her own body, and she knew it all to well. She only hoped the new bady wouldn't be able to call her bluff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 pm 
Matrix Operator

Feeling Mirravin's presence reinforcing her, Kayla suddenly formed a strong mental image, not of a brick wall, but of a baloney sandwich. "Ha!" she shouted.
Momentarily confused, Legion paused for a split second, which was all Kayla needed to turn tail and run, instantly fleeing the battle...

Relaxing in Kira's arms, Kayla's eyes opened. She sat upright, holding her head. "Ow. Mother of a..." She glared at Mirravin. "Kid?"
In response to the multitude of stares she was getting from the others, Kayla said bluntly, "Our enemy is some kind of cross-dimensional being, looking for the cube. He's got a hostage, Melody."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:50 pm 
Godsin Queen

yes, kid. I'm millions of years older than you. What do you expect? Mirravin replied simply returning control back over to Leela.

"Mirravin, I don't think that's what she meant. Calling someone a kid is considered demeaning."

Pfft, fine I'm sorry. I can't help it if you humans get your feeling hurt too easily. Mirravin had meant what she said in terms of fondness, and she was slightly hurt by the being told she was being insulting.

wait! it's gotten one of us already? Why didn't we notice before?Leela suddenly didn't feel so safe standing among her peers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:31 pm 
Matrix Operator

You are? Really?
"Melody's a friend of mine, she was at the beach during the impact, and she never met with us or returned my call. I think she may have been taken on the way home, and he's been holding her captive since then." Kayla hesitated. "He's using her, somehow, she looked like she was almost dead."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:02 am 
Solitary Serpent

Blayk had watched, helplessly yet again, as Kayla fought her mental battle. Once she regained consciousness, the news she brought back from. . .wherever she had gone was not good. Somebody had already been taken.
Blayk repeated what he had asked Leela moments before, "How are we suppose to beat this thing if it's already steps ahead of us?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:13 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Alondor stepped in at this point and siad quite planely "I can think of two way, one we find some super technology hype up our powers and hope we win, the other possibilty is we hype up this house like a fortress and lure this nut job here"

yeah well i like the idea of combing both ideas nad kicking the guys butt

yeah well that uses more tech then i think even my parents created

more tech then the great Frilado scientest created

shut up giving him a mental push

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:22 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I don't know, Blayk. Alondor, we may be able to beat him if we work together. I alone proved a difficult opponent for him- it may be, if we strike him now, in a coordinated effort, we can defeat him."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:27 pm 
Godsin Queen

Yes, really. What? You didn't honestly think I was the same age as you now did you? Mirravin answered in a huff.

Uh, but what do we do now? unless you know exactly were to look for this thing we're kinda stuck at the moment. Leela pointed out. Slightly tempted to pull her own hair in frustration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm 
Matrix Operator

I didn't know what to think, truth be told. I still don't know much about you.
"He's in the Mojave desert somewhere, I recognized the hill. My dad once took me on a hike there, so I think I can lead you all to the place." Unless he's moved.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:26 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OK so i am just going to point out that it was your mind that was fighting him and sadly enough I think he might be super powerful if your mind was able to survive. That and it looked to me like you were losing near the end

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next