Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:35 pm 
Godsin Queen

As they drove closer they could see the most warped horror striking creatures they'd ever witnessed in their life. The rest of them were already there and were fighting off the monsters a well as they could, but seemed more like they were fighting a losing battle. They watched in horror as a monster came up behind kayla and cut though her side with it's tounge.

Sorry kid but I think it's best i take over from here.Mirravin remarked as soon as she'd fallen.

"why?" Leela demanded.

do you really want your little leader to die of blood lose? healing and shields are my specialties remember? Or do your books leave that out too? Mirravin's tone was brutaly serious. Something Leela wasn't used to hearing from anyone.

"Fine" Leela quickly under went the change, it was almost like a second nature now, as she hardly even felt the pain from Mirravin's ears and tail emerging.

there, do your thing, but I want my body back right after.

"fine, as you wish. Although it would be nice if I could get some fresh air besides when you need me for something."
Mirravin huffed in annoance.

It was something Leela hadn't thought of, but had now suddenly remembered at that remark. Mirravin was being a bit better to her than she'd first thought. She didn't need permission to take over, yet she was still giving her control, and it was a lesser known fact that Mirravin was slightly clostaphobic. Leela couldn't imagen the torment that she was dealing with so calmly, and coolly.

you, know on second thought you can go ahead and stay out for just a little while. I still want control back sometime before the end of the day.

"meh, don't worry about it kid. I know how you really feel, remember? I'm not going to take sympathy air time." Mirravin huffed back at her as she tummbled out of the truck. It was a bit higher than she'd expected it to be.
She quickly jumped back on her feet and raced over to Kayla.

ok, kid I hope you are ready for your first really quick lesson. You want to know the first step to controlling your power? Picture and image in your mind of pulling a string or a stream of energy attached to the static electicity naturally hovering around in the air. yank it toward tall and ugly and keep him busy for me. That sound simple enough for ya? Mirravin didn't wait for and answer. She went straight for Kayla,threw up a shield, and started diligently mending up her wounds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:39 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Replying to Kayla with her mind, Kira said: I cant at the moment, i'm still in wolf form. I cant change back since my clothes are all over the place. If you feel strong enough, ask one of the others, probably Alandor, to pick up my clothes and let me into his bathroom so I can change. Also, you'll probably have to ask him if I can borrow one of his shirts because from the look of it, mines in a state.

Kira watched, still in wolf form, as Mirravin came over to them. Good, you can help with this wound...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:03 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: And I thought Kayla was bad off, at least she isn't throwing up shields...

IC: Your... aw, c***, Kayla thought. I knew I forgot something. She tried probing with her mind, but with her eyes shut, she couldn't see the items she wanted to move. Jarrel? I apologize in advance for this. Concentrating, Kayla severed the connection between her mind and her body, and at the speed of thought transferred her consciousness to Jarrel, subduing his own mind and relegating it to a corner. Ignoring his frantic reflexive struggles, she used Jarrel to gather Kira's things and wrap them in a bundle which Kira could pick up in her teeth. Alondor, she said, feeling mentally exhausted, can you let Kira into your house? She needs someplace to change- Kayla glanced through Jarrel's eyes- and if you could lend her a spare shirt, that would be terrific.
Releasing her hold on Jarrel, Kayla withdrew into her own body, wincing as Mirivain poked something. Ow!

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: what? shields are nice to have, it's like a bubble surounding them.

"oh, quite whinning, you shouldn't have just stood there and let him do it. Now hold still! the more you move the more this is going to hurt." Mirravin huffed the mental message at her squeak of pain.

don't you think that was a bit harsh?

"hmp, she shouldn't have let the thing touch her. Silly humans, they never pay attention to what's going on around them."

Green sparkles welled up around her hands as she continued to cast her magic over the wound. It was proving a bit more difficult than expected. She suspected this might be a cursed wound, she cursed the though under her breath.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:18 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: "throwing up" shields... never mind.

IC: Stand there and let him do it? I was trying to call you and Blayk! Ow! What are you doing? Kayla was catching the general gist of Mirivain's thoughts, superitiously trying to probe deeper without Mirivain noticing. Cursed? What do you mean, cursed? Flailing out mentally again, Kayla caught a passing raven's mind. With a coldness that scared her, she crushed the raven's mind and took control of it, allowing her to at least see and hear the others. Landing the bird nearby, she cocked its head as she scrutinized her injuries. Ouch. No wonder it hurts. Will I live?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm 
Godsin Queen

"Oh, never mind that now, what's done is done." Mirravin shrugges off her defencive tone. At the same time she notices Kayla trying to ease her was past her defences. She doesn't say anything against it at first, but rather she allows her to venture though slightly. "watch yourself, I don't take lightly to those who pry." then she herd Kayla's confused remark about being cursed.

"well it is possible that the creature that attacked you, might be enveloped in some kind of curse. These kinds of curses tend to make the wound uncurable, but i do know ways around it. I'm not sure what's going on right now, I might just be out of touch. Don't worry yourself over it yet." Mirravin informed her.

Mirravin ignored the last question, it was one she could answer until she knew for sure herself. After working on the wound for a bit longer the spell seemed to start taking affect, and the bleeding stopped at lest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:49 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
OOC sorry for not replying sooner school sucks

IC "Kira you are entirely invisible at the moment change now miravin the house is entirely unlocked go to the top of it and grab a shirt from the larger bedroom other wise lets see if we can move kira without hurting her more this is going to hurt"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:03 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: RPG poster say what?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: is that a trick question?
and can anyone else understand what just happened in dragonmaster's last post? I'm not trying to nag, but it really didn't make sense to me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Okay, dragonmaster, I hate to be demanding, but can you now run your posts through a grammar check and a spell checker before posting?

IC (dragonmaster's post, plus punctuation and capitalization): "Kira, you are entirely invisible at the moment, change now. Mirravin, the house is entirely unlocked go to the top of it and grab a shirt from the larger bedroom. Otherwise, lets see if we can move Kayla without hurting her more, though this is going to hurt anyway."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 pm 
Godsin Queen

no, no one is moving anyone. I've started the spell now, I can't just stop in the middle of it. If i do that it might hurt he more than it helps. Why don't you go get the shirt? I'll finish this spell up and keep the rest of our odd little crew protected. Mirravin grumbled refusing to look up from her work.

Is she going to be alright?Leela asked worriedly.

"I still can't tell yet, stop distracting me, please." Mirravin told Leela trying not to sound mean.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:39 pm 
Matrix Operator

The raven twitched, then fell over dead as Kayla was yanked back into her body, unable to maintain separation any longer. Mirravin?... Kayla tried to say, then slipped deeper into a coma, now on the brink of death.
The sky was dark and turbulent, storm clouds roiling in the heavens. Kayla stood on an endless plain, the wind blowing past her hair. Behind her, a voice said, You should not be here.
"Who said that?" she cried, turning around. But there was no one there.
You are not destined for death. Not yet, anyway.
"Well, that's a relief," she said sarcastically.
Patience is a virtue best experienced firsthand. You will be sent back.
"Who are you? Why is this happening?" Kayla turned in several circles as her surroundings began to fade. "What's going on?"
Beware the fallen star- when the time comes, only unity will save you...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:54 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin feels the pulse beneath her fingertips grow fainter by the min. In one last final attempt to keep Kayla alive, she drops the barrier between them and the creatures around them, and forces it into her healing. Finally the wound is closed, and Mirravin flops down onto the ground, hopping she hadn't put Leela's body though more stress than it could handle.

I'm sorry Leela, I didn't realize your energy was spent so fast. She was so out of it she didn't even realize she'd said it aloud.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:35 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Wow, I disappear for one day, and y'all leave me in the dust.

Blayk could do nothing but watch as Mirravin worked on healing Kayla. He felt useless. Finally, after a while, Kayla's wound was closed. Blayk let out a sigh of relief. But before there was time to celebrate, Mirravin collapsed beside Kayla. Blayk knelt down beside her.
"Are you ok?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

Kayla could see herself, now, like she was standing aside from what was happening. Shrugging, she moved to reenter her body.
Nothing happened.
Frowning, she tried again. Still nothing. It was if an invisible wall prevented her from returning, standing between her and a semblance of normality. What is going on... Mirravin? I'm stuck. She glanced down, and saw that her subconscious, desperate for a corporeal form had begun to gather nearby mists, shaping them into a ghostly form of her previous self. Absently, she noted that separated like this, she was far more sensitive to telepathy.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:58 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
"Since mirravin is the most powerful one of us and i am maintaining invisibilty on Kira, Blayk could you run to the third floor and grab a shirt from the largest bedroom please,"

(tell some one else to go to the second floor, those of us using power are going to go unconcious in abit without nutrition)

<Good idea>

"and if someone else who is not busy would go to the second floor and get food that might be useful to those of us constantly using power right now"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:45 am 
G.E.E.K.

After the loss of his body, Jarrel felt a little odd and pathetic. Yet he remainedd his grip on the beasts heart.

"Sorry Alondor, but I can't go right now. My hands are kinda full," he said as he looked toward his arm protruding from the back of the beast.

He quickly moved his arm through the creature's lower back and into it's throat, blocking the air flow. After about three minutes, the thing passed out due to lack of oxygen (or whatever the gas the thing needs to live). Jarrel then removed his arm and turned back to everyone else. "Hopefully that didn't kill the thing," he said, "I really want someone to find out who sent it."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:15 am 
Matrix Operator

I'll go, Kayla replied. Pulling the image of the room in question from ALondor's mind, she jumped. At least, that's the best way to describe what happened. Suddenly, her new ghost form was there in the room.
Looking around, she saw the dresser and with a wave of her hand, opened the drawers and grabbed a non-descript shirt. She paused, as, on her way out, she noticed a photo of Alondor with two older people, a man and a woman. Those must be his parents...
With barely a twinkle she was back at the gate. Alondor's invisibility power was thorough- she had to resort to hunting for Kira's mental signature to find her. Here you are.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:47 pm 
Godsin Queen

I'm, I'm fine, I just tend to forget that the human body can't take quite what I can. Mirravin answered Blayk and turned over to Kayla to check her pulse again. It was still there, but barely.

what's going on?she hear Kayla scream in a panic.

"I think it's called astro projection or something like that. It's one of the things you can do being a telepath. As long as you have a pulse I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just don't spend too much time away from your body or it might not accept you back." Mirravin both explained and warned Kayla.

"Leela how are you holding up, you haven't anything in a while now."

I'm fine, my arms feel kinda sore but other than that there's no prob. I just haven't had anything to say. Except maybe that I'd go get the shirt if I could because I'm not doing anything right now. You can tell Blayk he's not the only that feels useless.

"you are doing plenty you just hold on for a little while longer and that will be enough for any of us. You think you could handle a few more spells?"

I don't know, I don't really know what the last spell did to me. Can't you tell since you are using it right now?

"uh, well, I can stand a lot more than you can, and my will power is a little more stable than yours. come out for a min and see if this is too much for you."

I'm not weak! just do what you have to! I'll be fine ok! I know I'm just human but that doesn't mean I'm a big crybaby that can't take anything! Leela's pride was more than just a bit hurt.

"if you insist." Mirravin wasn't so sure she wanted to go by that answer but time was spares, and there weren't too many more options.

Slowly Mirravin sat back up and continued shield them as she had before.

"Kayla, if you don't mind I could do a blood transfusion. It would take the stress of your body since you've lost so much blood. We don't have to have a match I can fix that, we just need someone to volunteer."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm 
Matrix Operator

No, it's fine. Kayla looked around one last time, almost regretfully- this much freedom was... intoxicating. Concentrating, she allowed herself to return to her original form.
The first sense was that of pain- sharp, stabbing pain, Mirrivan's effort not-withstanding. Opening her eyes, she sat upright, wincing. "Alondor, please say you have first aid."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:49 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Kira, grateful for Alandor's invisibility trick, accepted the clothes from the ghost form of Kayla, changed from a wolf back into a human and quickly got dressed into her clothes and Alandor's borrowed shirt.
"Alandor, I hope you are not able to see me, as youre the one making this spell" She said suspiciously.
To everyone else onse the spell had been released: "Thats the one catch that goes with my ability, my stupid clothes! How are you now Kayla? That was quite a blow! I thought you were gonna die, if Mirrivan hadnt helped...We have got to move the body of this monster I killed, and may I say, I felt a damn good satisfaction doing so!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:58 pm 
Matrix Operator

I think he can't same as everyone else, Kayla said privately. Out loud, "Thank you, Mirrivan, you saved my life." She smiled.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:35 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

"Yeah come on I moved all major medical equipment into the ball room," Alondor replied, and then as politely as he could manage, "Before we go in I want you all to know that the third floor is off limits to anyone who has not been there because I still have not looked at my parents will and their room might have some fragile items that I do not want touched."

(Liar! you do not want them their because it has the second entrance to the lab)

<Yeah well they do not need to know that>

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:00 pm 
Godsin Queen

yeah, don't mention it..... I'll make it last next time....

"here kid, there is no reason you need to suffer for my doing...... I'm going to take a little nap......"

Mirravin's voice echoed in Leela's head, and then it felt as if she'd just disappeared. The ear's and tail were gone again, and Leela was feeling more alone than ever.

"Mirravin, Mirravin"

scilance.

"Mirravin?"

please I'm tied just let me take a nap!Mirravin's voice chirped in complaint.

"what did you do to yourself Mirravin?" Leela knew something wasn't quite right.

nothing to worry your little head over.

"Nothing to worry about? Mirravin, I've read every book you've ever been in, I can tell when you're ling.

curse those backwards books. They've caused me more trouble than they're worth.Mirravin huffed.

"Just tell me what you did Mirravin." Leela wasn't letting this one go. As far as she'd read Mirravin was a sucker for making herself suffer for other's sakes.

fine, I pulled your bodies pain and stress in with me so that you wouldn't have to deal with it.

"Mirravin you don't get it do you? I can take a little pain! I'm not made of glass! Just give me half at lest if you insist on being stupid!"

fine

As Mirravin said the last bit, a wave of fatigue washed over her, and her muscles began to ache.

She buckled over from it's intensity, still keeping he posture enough to keep from falling flat against her back.

are you going to change your mind now? Mirravin sassed.

No, I won't I'm not going to let you try and prove how weak I am!

She yelled rather loudly, and then quickly regretted saying it out loud.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:56 pm 
Matrix Operator

Kayla looked at her oddly. "Okayyy.... moving on..." It was then that Kayla brushed Mirrivan's mind, and saw how she felt. You didn't really give her half, did you?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next