Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:04 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I was not losing! I was.. Okay, I was losing, but if I had more time to prepare and train, I could match him." Maybe.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:15 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Which is why we turn the house into a fortress and train for now we do not have the skill or the cordination to concintrate an attack we have to act in a organized manner and that includes waiting the guy out

shut up Dronalo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:12 am 
Godsin Queen

Heh, I did say anything because you didn't bother asking. At any rate We don't have the time to train! we don't know how much time we have before this guy decides the girl is too boring to keep around.
Miravin growled.

Mirravin has a point, we don't know how much time we have before this guy decides to kill her or us even.Leela stressed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:58 pm 
Matrix Operator

Well, we've go to do something to get ready. Don't you know of any Superpowers for Dummies?
"We know he's looking for this," Kayla replied, extracting the cube from her pocket. "He'll come to us so long as we have it."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:09 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Exactly and as any fan of comics knows the villian will always asume the captive is important and worth the heros' time. So both of Mirravin's worries are not important what is important is the fact that out of all of us here few know how to use thier powers

"Dronalo is right we are useless if we can not use our powers"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:01 am 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: Mirravin is in Leela's head right now, the only people who can hear her are Leela and Kayla, so how could you say anything about Mirravin being wrong?

Ic:
Fine, I don't suppose this thing will appeal to human logic, but if you insist. Erm, I can tell you a little bit, but I really am not supposed to. I'm strictly forbidden to teach humans magic, in light of the fact that Humans have to use their own lifeforce to cast magic. However I don't think we have much other choice in the matter. The council will just have to be mad at me later. Leela, let me take over when they get ready to learn, I'll need a voice to speak to them. Mirravin reasoned.

"The council?" Leela asked confused.

That's none of your concern, not is it really an issue right now. Just know it's me getting in trouble not you so there really isn't any reason to worry. Mirravin huffed at Leela in frustaration.

Ok, Mirravin says, that she will teach anyone who wants her help.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:13 am 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Nooooo don't die, oh RP, please!

IC: "I'll willing," Kayla said, tucking the cube in her pocket. It seemed like a bad idea to keep it out in the open.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:44 am 
hufflepuff head of house

"OK so how do we want to handle this it might be a bit hard for her to teach all of us at once since it might get dangerous"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:02 am 
Godsin Queen

dangerous? for me? Please! If Mirravin had control she would have been glaring for that remark.

"does this mean you are going to take over again?" Leela thought in annoyance.

oh no, it might be a bit staining but I can work a bit of magic to do some thought projection. It will allow me to talk to everyone without taking control so that I can teach you as well as them.

"Me?"

yes, since there are two of it who ever is in control taps into the power of the other soul to do magic. It would be more benifical if I teach you how to use magic because my energy source is more vast than yours.

"wait, so you're saying I get drained every time you use magic?"

yes, which leaves what i can do very limited if i don't want to kill you. i don't think that would be a good thing for either of us to have you die. You however will have to use a lot more magic to hurt me. So it actually makes more since for you to learn how to tap into my magic to prevent using all of your energy.

"uh, ok. whatever you say." Leela wasn't sure she really understood what Mirravin meant, but she knew she didn't want to die. Then suddenly what Mirravin was saying began to make a bit more sense as she felt herself getting drained a little from Mirravin casting another spell.

Ok listen up because this is important. All living beings have an inner energy source that gives them life, and keeps their soul in balance with their body. It's called a number of things i'm sure you've all heard of at lest one manna, chi, chacra spirit energy, ect. This energy source can also be used to cast spells, and pull into abilities one wouldn't always be use in every day life. The first step to control is learning to tap into this energy source correctly.
Now for most the easiest way to channel this energy is to use mental imagery. So you should all imagen a valve inside of you that is at the moment shut off. Once you have this locked into your head, imagen that same valve slowly unlocking our opening up to allow your energy to flow freely. You should feel the difference soon after if you succeed. If you do succeed imagen the valve closing back up and repeat the process a few time to make sure you've got it down pat.
Then i want you to try something small after channeling onto your power once more. Something you know you can do over and over if you have to. I'm sure you've noticed by now what your powers can do enough to do that. To do that just use the same thought process as with the valve. At first it's going to be all about visualization and concentration. So try not to get too flustered by this.
Mirravin's voice at least spoke to the rest of the group. Her voice was softer, and slightly higher in pitch than Leela's was. So she guess she'd be spooking a few people by doing this. Then she went back to speaking to only Leela though thoughts.

I want you to try healing your own energy by taking mine once you get to the point of casting spells. she told Leela almost commandingly.

Leela nodded still slightly confused, and started trying to picture a sink in her mind. It was what she thought of when she heard the word valve.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 am 
Matrix Operator

Kayla could picture a valve, all right; she also saw every other valve that everyone else was picturing. Trying to shut the others' thoughts aside, she practiced lifting a small pebble into the air with her mind, while trying to picture the valve opening.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:00 am 
Godsin Queen

ooc: this should be everyone else's cue to make a reply.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:21 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Time to inject some adrenaline into this RP. I need 2 milligrams of epy, stat!

28 Days Later
Kayla crouched in the darkened room. “Begin training program,” she said aloud.
Slowly, the lights brightened to reveal a door set in the wall 20’ in front of her. The floor was littered with debris, stones, broken beams, etc. Kayla began to run forward.
One of the bipedal creatures sprang out. She whirled, raising her palm to shoot a bolt of kinetic energy that slammed into the beast, knocking it sprawling. A second sprinted head on at her; she used her mind to grab a cinder block and sling it through the air, flattening her foe.
Kayla sprang up onto a flat area of the floor and ran forward. A man popped up from behind a table, leveling an AK-47. Kayla turned and projected a telekinetic shield in front of her, blocking a burst of rounds. The young girl then followed it up with a mental shove at the ground that propelled her through the air. Mid-flight she shot several bolts at her attacker, who collapsed on the ground.
Landing lightly on her toes, she strode forward, launching bolt after bolt to smash a series of rocks that were being flung at her from cover. Clenching a fist, she shot out a sweeping shock wave that hit the ground, sending debris flying in all directions. Reaching the door, she rested her hand on the knob and used telekinesis to manipulate the lock mechanism.
The door sprang open as a male voice announced, “Training Program 5 Terminated.” The holographic opponents and wall markings disappeared as the floor tilted to slid the rubble into a storage slot.
Kayla made for the bathroom, planning to take a shower. After weeks of training, she and the others were finally beginning to show team coordination and power.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC Falconer at the moment i am playing with you using my parents tech so tekk me if i am wrong

IC "Told you my parents had a good training program. Now let me try. Computer levels alpha and 4 please" suddenly a laser appeared on opposite walls and machine guns did the same with the other two. Along with those two beasts appeared in the corners on the far side of the room. The weapons locked on to him and the beasts charged flinging anti-matter at the guns he took them out while he redirected lasers with a few light walls to take out the beasts. He then repositioned the walls to take out the lasers themselves.

A computerised voice said "training complete"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:51 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Jarrel stood out in the forest, sliding carved pebbles around in a game of chess. White was winning. He moved the black queen over a white knight which then turned to fine granite powder.
He didn't care what anyone thought, he liked his power...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:48 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leela sat at the large dinning room table that had been dubbed their official meeting room due to it's vast size, mulling over the past events that had taken place over the past month.

"Miv, what are you thinking about? Or what's wrong even? besides magic lessons you've been awful quite the last week or so."

Leela turned to the empty chair beside her as she asked this. At this point she'd gotten so good at visualizing a mental image of Mirravin she could see her sitting in the chair.

Mirravin's image shrugged and let out an exasperated sigh as it leaned across the table on an elbow propping up it's head.
I've told you before you and your friends only barely know the basics now. Even if you have come a long way from picturing things happening in your mind, and to spite the fact Alondor's simulation device has helped your progression turn out much faster, i fear it hasn't been nearly enough.
My vision has been blurred with images of warning more now than it ever has, and i can feel the restlessness grow thicker with each passing day. I don't think this legion who ever, or what ever he is going to wait a whole lot longer for us to prepare, and who knows what kind of armies he's been building in the time it's taken us to get this far?
Mirravin pauses to sigh again.

It's the first time in many years that i've been at a lose to what to do.Mirravin finished explaining.

"well, now you know a little bit more about what it's like to be human. I hardly ever know what to do in any situation." Leela admitted trying to lift Mirravin's spirits.

Hmp, no offence but i'm not a human. This Legion-whaten would be mince meat right now if i had my own body, end of story. Not being able to fix this has taken more of a toll on me than you know. Mirravin replied in a huff.

"Well we've got Kayla right? Oh, and you've seen how good I'm getting at those shield spells you've taught me, and the others aren't doing bad. That's got to be enough to get something done. You can't lose hope when the fight hasn't even started!" Leela proclaimed.

The image of Mirravin glanced over at Leela and rolled her eyes.

Have you been listening to me at all? Mirravin grumbled.

"Oh ,well Speaking of Kayla, weren't we supposed to meet her and Alondor in the tech room today? Something to do with monitoring the motherboard while they went under." Leela said changing the subject.

yes, i remember that. What time are we to be there again? Mirravin asked halfheartedly.

"Oh, around one i think."

The image of Mirravin glanced up at the clock on the wall across from them
and frowned.

"what's wrong now?"

The image gave her a stressed look.

It's 2:30 right now.....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:22 am 
Matrix Operator

Kayla paused to watch Alondor's training run. "Lasers? I didn't know you had lasers in here." She set about helping Alondor reset the room back to normal. "Where's Leela? She was supposed to be here already."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:26 am 
G.E.E.K.

As he moved the final pawn into place, Jarrel remembered he was supposed to be training. He checked his watch, 2:30, he missed it...
Why does this always happen to me? he thought, I just wanted to finish my game!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leela darted thought the hallway, and made her way though the doorway of the simulation chamber, cursing herself under her breath for letting the time get away from her.

As soon as she'd gotten though the door she went over two Kayla and Alondor to check their vitals, and let out a sigh of relief when she saw that they were doing fine. They were bother still sitting in their overly comfortable chairs with their equipment all hooked up and working as she was told it should be. Although she was slightly unerved that Jarrel and some of the others were nowhere to be seen, she shoved her bad thoughts aside reasoning with herself that Jarrel must have been out playing chess with himself again, and the others were more thank likely still asleep from staying up rather late the night before.

After seeing to it that their physical selves were all in one piece, Leela made her way over to the main control panel, and pushed a button sitting in the middle of several other brightly colored buttons. That acted like a type of enter com in the sim allowing the outside word direct contact with those doing a simulation.

I'm so sorry I'm late! I was talking to Mirravin, and lost track of what time it was! How are you guys doing? Do you want me to pull you out now? Or are you going to try and finish it this time? Leela huffed in the mic, after running all there way there she was out of breath.

whoa now! don't you blame being late one me! I didn't make you forget! Mirravin voice grumbled in her head.

"but i wasn't..... oh never mind at lest you've started talking more."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:12 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: This is a virtual reality room? I thought it was a holographic based area. Oh well...

IC: Kayla smiled on hearing Leela's voice. "Try... We didn't try, we finished! Input Command: Exit Program," she said to the computer.
A moment later, she was pulling her headset off. "Leela, Mirravin, it worked! Alondor and I both completed our training runs!" She grinned excitedly.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:48 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc: um ops? *facepalms* the nonobsevent blunder has done it again. :oops: I can change it if you want.

ic:Leela almost did a chirp and a hop for joy. She wished she could have been on there with them to witness it, but Mirravin had forbidden her to do so, fearing her shields might hinder the other's progress. Then she remembered she would have missed it at any rate because of the fact she was late.

Oh that's great! It means we're one step closer than we were before. I'm just sorry i missed it. Leela greeted them both with a constricting hug, before stepping back again. Since she'd gotten to know then she was no longer the distant person she'd been to them when they'd all met. As it turned out she was only shy around people she didn't know.

Well now, If you can all finish it, i think it might be time to step it up a notch.

"what would be stepping it up a notch?"

I've fiddled a bit with tech magic combinations and such. It will be more dangerous than before, but i can rigg up a more challanging course if given the time to fiddle a bit with the program.

"I don't know. No one seemed very happy when you altered the first one Alondor made for us."

They finished it didn't they?

"yeah, but.... look at how long it's taken us, and everyone who went in there almost died on the first few tries."

Well you can't expect to learn off of something you can already master now can you?

"Well...." Leela couldn't disagree with Mirravin there. She had a good point.

"Do you want to come out and ask them about it?"

No need, Kayla can hear me just fine already. I'll let her talk to Alondor if she likes the idea, He might need a bit of persuading after being one of the ones who almost got shot to death. *Sigh* Humans are so fragile.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: lol no, 's okay, we'll go with your idea.

IC: It may have been hard, but a program like that only drove us to perform better. It now took Kayla only a few seconds to pass the idea long to Alondor. "However," she continued aloud, "the question is whether we have enough time. I think we should wait until Blayke, Kira, and Jarrel give their input.

OCC: Speaking of Kira, I need to remind Tiger that she's still in.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:25 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Blayk slowly strolled down the hallway towards the training room. He didn't understand how a virtual reality simulator was suppose to help them master their abilities. He had learned more in the past month by simply goofing off in the fields and forest. Blayk had followed all of the instructions that Mirravin had given everyone, and he had made significant progress. But yet, he still didn't know how to completely stop his emotions from changing the weather. Luckily, he could keep big storms from brewing, but clouds still rolled in when he was upset. Like now, for instance, a small breeze followed him, playing in his hair and shifting his clothes as he lost himself in thought.
Blayk turned down the next hallway and entered the training room, still followed by his breeze. A few of the others were already there. Some were still missing. It was nice to know he wasn't the only one late.

OOC: Yay! It's started again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:04 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: I know, I hope I don't need to jumpstart it again, my cables are missing.

IC: In a flash, Kayla brought Blayk up to speed on what was being discussed. “Blayk? What do you think?”

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 am 
hufflepuff head of house

"So long as you do it slowly I do not think combining tech with magic should be a problem, Oh and about the lasers the room was a proto-type for a military training system"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:03 am 
Solitary Serpent

The breeze fell as the others caught Blayk's attention.
"Tech magic? What?" Blayk asked, confused. "Does that mean we'll actually be fightin' an' not simply doin' all this mental stuff? 'Cause I don't see how mind games are gonna help us in the real world, ya know? I'm ready to do some real training."

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next