Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
"Ok guys this is what i found out," alondor states as he enters the room, Apart from the obvious it emites faint levels of gamma radiation, glow increases in response to electrical or light stimulation, it cannot be cut, broken, or scratched, even with diamond and when it comes in contact with human flesh, the radiation levels spike and it starts pulsating. Now Kayla I want you to see if the cube has a sentient mind and if so cause contact with said mind."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:49 am 
Matrix Operator

All it took was a brief mental brush against the cube's essence. "Nothing. There's no sentience of any kind."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:19 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Really? well kayla could you try holding it my flesh is not quite human anymore i think

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:48 am 
Godsin Queen

Leela jumped in shock as Mirravin's Image suddenly disappeared. In a panic she started searching for her in her thoughts.

"Mirravin? Mirravin? are you there?"

What? what's wrong with you? I haven't gone anywhere kid. Mirravin voice sounded off in her head, she sounded more than a little confused.

"The ghost you, or the mind you whatever you want to call it. It disappeared!" She exclaimed to Mirravin.

Well it's not exactly something I can bring back, that was something your own mind did to you, not me. Or......... Mirravin's voice grew suddenly quite.

Kayla have I disappeared from you eyes as well?Mirravin asked her thoughtfully.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:54 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: I'm going to assume you're going somewhere with this.
IC: Kayla had just accepted the cube back when Leela suddenly said something in a panicked voice. Turning, the telepath asked, "What? What was-" Her eyes narrowed. Mirravin? Where are you... Mirravin!? She redirected her mind to Leela, and without her knowledge, entered her mind, rooting around for any trace of the powerful being. Swearing softly under her breath, she said aloud, "Leela, something's wrong, I can't sense Mirravin. Can you still hear her?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:27 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc: I am....I think, feel free to take it which ever way you want. It can either be some kind of reaction the she's having to the crystal or maybe legion has found her real body, or maybe they have been in the same body for too long and are starting to merge together. Which ever you perfer,or something else I don't know lol!

Ic:She can't sense me.....that isn't possible. I'm right here...Mirravin was too baffled to say too much.

She's still there alright, although I don't think I've ever known her to be at such a loss for words. Leela said aloud.

"Mirravin are you sure you're ok in there?"
Leela asked Mirravin full of worry.

I don't feel any different. Maybe the two of you just haven't seen enough of me. I'm going to take over for a min.Mirravin started, and Leela just nodded in response. As she did she prepared for the change but it never came. Instead and odd since of fear came over her, which she knew couldn't be her own.

"why haven't you taken over yet?" she asked Mirravin in confusion.

I can't. was the only reply.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: The crystal is benign in nature, and as long as we have it it's a tool of the forces of Unity. We'll just blame this on Legion. 8)
IC: Kayla gently took hold of Leela's hands and looked the frightened girl in the eye. "I'm sorry, but this is going to hurt."
Closing her eyes, Kayla fully entered Leela's mind, probing every last corner. Memories, thoughts, hopes, dreams, all were laid bare as the telepath searched carefully for the one spark...
There. Buried inside her was the remains of a connection. Backtracing, Kayla finally made contact with: Mirravin? What happened? Why are you so distant? Kayla could guess, though, as she heard the distant, mocking laugh of an increasingly irritating Chaos angel.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:57 pm 
Godsin Queen

I think I understand now what's going on, and at this rate I don't know how much longer I'll be with you. Mirravin voice called out to Kayla ruefully, whatever was happening she didn't seem too happy about it at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:22 pm 
Matrix Operator

Let me try something. It should work, but I'll need you to let down your mental guard. Kayla knew she was asking Mirravin to trust her with what essentially was her life.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:28 pm 
Godsin Queen

Whatever just do it!Mirravin hissed. She didn't like this situation one bit.

While Leela just stood there confused and unable to move.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:11 am 
Matrix Operator

IC: Okay. Just hold still. Kayla reached through the connection, making contact with Mirravin's mind. Momentarily startled at the vast, alien nature of the demigod's intellect, Kayla seized hold of her mind and with every bit of force she could exert, began drawing her back.
A low laugh sounded somewhere nearby. You seriously think she want's this? Legion hissed. An angel of Unity, forced to spend her time trapped on the lower planes with a bunch of mortals. Freeing her was the best gift I could give her.
Legion? Shut up. With one final effort, Kayla drew Mirravin's mind back into Leela.
You'll pay for that, the Chaos angel snarled.
Opening her eyes, Kayla found that she was slumped against the wall, shaking badly. As she clenched her teeth, trying to calm down, she heard the sound of breaking glass somewhere in the mansion.

OCC: This is where the fun begins.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:20 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin cringed as the feeling of being wrenched from her own body came over her. This could only mean that Legion had indeed found her body. He more than likely was hoping she'd abandon the group she was with in order to stay in it, or he though he could control her some other way. At lest she knew legion wouldn't hurt her as long as he though he could try getting her pieced together again.

Legion's words did sting a bit though. She would have loved to have her body back right then and there, but she'd already decided long before then she wouldn't leave Leela until she was sure she was free of danger.

When Mirravin came back she found herself in complete control,l Kayla hadn't just brought her back she dragged her into what Mirravin was calling the "driver's seat" Of course this came with the very obvious ears and tail that always appear with her.

"Leela, I'm deeply sorry for my moment of weakness. how are you doing back there?" she asked knowing that the whole inccident was more than likely putting a major strain on her mentally and physically.

Oh, I'm fine, what just happened? Leela's voice was full of concern.

"nothing big really, just Legion trying to pull me into my own body."Mirravin answered, and she heard a gasp follow suit from the other end of the conversation.

and you let kayla bring you back? Leela asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I rather be stuck in here with you than be some slave for that fool. Does that make sense now?" Mirravin sent this though back and smiled warmly.

Oh...forget I asked then.

Just then there was a crash of some sort from one of the other rooms which caused Mirravin to frown slightly.

Then are here aren't they? Mirravin growled, and reached for a bow she didn't have.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:33 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Blayk could do nothing but watch as the two (three?) girls conversed mentally. Even though, he couldn't tell what was going on, their facial expressions informed him that something was definitely wrong. After a few minutes everything seemed to go back to normal. Mirravin appeared, and Kayla slumped against the wall as if she had wore herself out in some mental battle. Just as Blayk made a move to check on Kayla, the sound of glass shattering could be heard from somewhere in the mansion.
"You okay?" Blayk asked Kayla. "What's goin' on? They're here already?!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:33 pm 
Matrix Operator

IC: "Legion's making his move," the girl gasped breathlessly. "Brought an army... of his minions... must stop them..."
Rolling over, Kayla collapsed to the floor as she left her body and lifted into the air. Outside, the mansion was surrounded by the strange beasts from earlier, whom Kayla decided to call Stalkers, in addition to new foes. Some were flickering humanoid beings of pure shadow wielding swords that burned with a bright darkness, others were tall, ogre-like creatures with long, rending claws and stubby wings, and at the forefront was a dark dragon. Oh, we've got our work cut out for us, Kayla thought dourly before she spotted Melody at the back, alongside Legion. In a flash, Kayla relayed all that she'd seen to the others.

OCC: This will be the final battle. I've got a great idea for beating Legion, which I'll unveil later.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:12 am 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin carefully placed her hands on Kayla's shoulders while saying a small chant under her breath. She didn't even have to use any of Leela's energy to do it because of all the magic that was floating in the air from Legion's presents.

Here this should restore a bit of you energy. At this rate maybe I should have allowed myself to be dragged back to my body. I might have been more help then, and you wouldn't have been put in such a state. Mirravin hissed angrily at herself, before giving Leela back control, and instantly Leela's fox ears and tail were gone again.

Mirravin couldn't help but feel that maybe their reaction to legion's kidnapping attempt had lead to this visitation. She was sure it was some form of revenge or act of fear.

use my energy as much as you need to, if anything I can prove to be a power source for your spells. You and your friends are going to need all the shielding and healing you can get if all that is about to knock on the front door. You should make sure everyone is battle ready now while you still have the chance.

Leela nodded nervously, and began using the shielding magic Mirravin taught her to in close everyone there in their own personal shielding bubble. Then she started working on getting Kayla back to full strength.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:19 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Running to the nearest computer Alondor orders the sun panels to redirect and shoot the reflection of the sun at the ground. Everyone cover your eyes! Alondor shouted as he chucks a ball of light out the nearest window.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:40 am 
Matrix Operator

Kayla's eyes flickered open as she heard Alondor yell to close them, which she did. A split second later the outer grounds blazed with light.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:11 pm 
Godsin Queen

The blast from Alondor's attack was just powerful enough that When it hit Leela was knock from her feet and landed next to Kayla on the floor. The bubble shield she'd put around herself before hand cushioned most of the fall.

How much did that help us? Leela asked curiously as she got back up to her feet, and extended a hand to help Kayla to her feet as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:07 pm 
Matrix Operator

IC: "Not much, but some," Kayla replied, standing up with Leela's help. "They're still coming. Hundreds of them."
OCC: I'm hoping to get everybody in by the end.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:28 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Blayk held his breath when he saw what Kayla had seen outside. He had never expected something of this magnitude. Mirravin had come to Kayla's aid, so Blayk moved aside and let her work.

Everyone cover your eyes!

Blayk snapped his eyes shut but the brightness of the light couldn't be totally blocked out. After the blast, Blayk turned his attention to Leela and Kayla.
"If Legion is shadow, dark, or whatever, wouldn't light be his weakness?" he asked the girls.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:44 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: For clarity's sake, the creatures from earlier are Stalkers, the humaniform ghost creatures are Specters, the ogre-like ones are Hunters, and the dark dragon is... well, the dragon.

IC: "Not shadow," Kayla corrected. "Chaos. A different force entirely." The girl's tone had become much colder as she approached the window. "If we find a defensible posi-"
The window shattered as two Stalkers burst through, roaring with rage. A quick thought, and twin force fields reflected the glass shards into the creatures faces as they ran by. Kayla herself was confronted by a Specter, who raised his sword and bellowed a war cry in an ancient and evil language.
Remembering a move Mirravin had taught her, Kayla focussed her mind, and in a split second she had entered Alondor's mind and copied his power, creating a sword of pure light that sprang for from her hand. Raising the blade, she blocked the creature's sword, then used her powers to bring several large chunks of ceiling down on it.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc: I'm assuming Alondor has an armory since he's got everything else. That's where the bow would be from.

ic:

Leela stood and watched for the most part as she made sure every one was as protected by her shielding magic as they could get. There wasn't much else she could do unless someone got hurt so she could heal them, but she wasn't going to wish for that.

"Mirravin, maybe you should take back over, I'm not really doing much good here."

I can't you don't have your bow on you. Besides, as a healer you have a very serious roll in the group whether you feel like it or not, and you should not take it lightly. While your friends might be doing all the fighting, they will be counting on you to keep them alive.

Those words stunned her for a moment as they rang though her head. Leela wasn't sure she wanted just a role.

Well, if you really want to help fight you'll need to get the bow and all it's arrows. I can guide your hands you use it, but it will be using up your own energy for me to do so.Mirravin sighed as she offered up this suggestion. It was obvious this was something she didn't want to do.

Leela perked up slightly after hearing this.

"yes I can do that, but only if the other want to as well. I don't want to leave them with all this going on. Like you said I have to be here to keep them safe."

Um, should we head to the armory? The walls are reinforced there I think and we can pick up supplies to better arm ourselves.Leela suggested to the group as they continued to be attacked.

Leela the problem with that plan is that the armory is toward the mid section of the house. Even if it seems good to make your enemy have to hunt for you. if they break though into the room there is nothing left for the group to fall back on. You must always have a backup plan even for a stronghold. Mirravin's voice was quick to inform her of the issues she had with Leela's suggestion.

"ugh! do you want me to get the bow or not?" Leela grumbled back.

that's up to you.was the reply.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:33 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"How d'you fight chaos?!" Blayk yelled over the commotion. His mind raced to figure out a strategy. The clouds grew dark outside and lightning streaked to the ground bolt after bolt, as Blayk did the only thing he knew how.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:36 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Chaos is not a weapon, it is not a force, it is reality gone amok," Kayla snapped, her eyes glowing slightly with a reddish light. "This isn't Dungeons and Dragons, you idiotic-" What am I doing? she suddenly thought, forcing herself to calm down. "I'm sorry, Blayk. I don't know what came over me."
You know exactly what it is, Legion's voice echoed. You can feel it already, can't you? This power is unnatural; it feeds the Chaos within you, makes you weaker.
"Not if we crush your forces," the teenage girl snapped, aware of the odd glances she was getting. "Nothing you've thrown at us can stop us."
Don't you see? Even as you strike them down, you release Chaos into this world. The Chaos angel laughed. Ah, how I love irony.
Kayla hesitated as a thought struck her. "Mirravin," she said quickly aloud. "I need you to shield my mind."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:22 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Since Legion's last comment had been projected to all of thier minds Alondor's had gon into over drive. If these thing will gain strength from us fighting them then we will not we will fight in the purist form of defence we have. Kayla can you levitate me? I will be focusing on forcing a light shield around the house. The more organised we become the more likely our success is.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next