Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:19 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
OOC: two things one change in character i can control how much i glow
two since i have multi pesonalities now the one talking or active will be in quotation marks and non active will be in parenthases

IC Well that is all very interesting and all but can we get to the point of figuring out why all of this happened?

"Who siad that?"

(I did)

"Who"

(The guy in your head mr observant one, you have a split personality thanks to that little cube)

"how lovely now shush they are giving us wierd looks"

(You)

Gets closer to the guys grabs the cube and makes it disapear behind a light shield and thinks out loud "how did i know how to do that"

(You did not somehow i had a flash of what to do and sent the idea to you same with the fact that you are not glowing like the setting sun anymore

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:28 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Dragonmaster, that was kinda random. It seems like you didn't even take into account what has been happening in the last few posts. I'm not trying to be a brat, but it's just doesn't seem to fit. Falconer, correct me if I'm in the wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm 
Godsin Queen

oc: erm, well if it makes you feel any better I was a bit lost with that post myself. I've read it a few times, and I'm still not sure I get it. I've got to be honest on that one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:54 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: No, I'm with Ersska on this one, Dragonmaster, that doesn't really fit with what's going on, though I do like how you indicate who's talking, though running it through a spell checker would help the others. Also, its kinda rude to snatch something away from someone else abruptly. I'd say alter your post so you ask for it, and I give it to you.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 pm 
Godsin Queen

Oc:tooo much ooc talk, must get back to story so that the ooc doesn't kill it! Oh, and her's my own map of thoughts and speach in case someone hasn't figured it out. "thoughts of whoever has control at the time." Leela's speech Mirravin's speech, (note that this doesn't always mean they are speaking aloud. Don't worry, that's where the ears and tail come in. Mirravin will be in control when Leela's body has these extra add ons.

ic: Leela took this as the group's answer as a whole. If this guy hadn't seen the book then it must have been stolen by a passer by. Although she couldn't fathem why anyone in this day and age would steal a book. Books didn't exactly fit under stealable matirial.

Counting it as a loss she decided to go home, and maybe buy a new copy at the book store down the street, but as she started walking away something tugged at her leg muscles, forcing her to come to an abrupt halt.

"what's happening to me?" she asked herself in confusion.

I refuse to let you walk away from this! Get your rump back there and figure out what's going on!

"Ok, first of all I know what's going on! I have a concussion, and you are the product of my mind malfuntioning. So leave me alone!"

Hmm, I don't think you understand this situation. I'm real, and I'm not taking no for an answer.

The voice wasn't backing down, and she still couldn't move.
"leave me alone! Quite holding me here! I don't know what you are anymore, but I'm not going to be pushed around by anyone!"

Sorry kid, but I'm done with trying to reason with you. As the voice spoke, it felt as if she where being pushed aside, into a vast open space of nothing but darkness. It was if she'd been unvolutarly shoved into the passanger seat.

She could feel something painfully pushing thought the top of her head, and something else along her backside as well. Uncontrollably she found herself looking at a fox like tail now attached to the back of her, and her hands reached up and touched a pair of fuzzy ears.

(now Mirravin is in control)

"Well then, at least if it doesn't look like me it has grown to at least favor me a bit more." Mirravin thought ruefully.

wait! now I really have gone crazy! I have a tail? and DOG EARS??? I need to see a shrink after all! to Leela's dismay her mouth no long moved when she spoke.

"No those arn't your's their mine, and they are fox ears thank you. Oh, and I'm only borrowing control for a while. I at least am not going though some kind of mental issues, and I'm not going to wait for you to work them out."

But you are the only mental issue I have. The fact that you even exist can't even be possible. Which means I must have develouped some kind of split persona when I fell or something.

"Ok are you ignoring me or are you really that stupid? I'm not a figment of your imagenation, and not a creation of your own mind. I'm me and you are you , we are two different people who have nothing to do with each other, other than this freak situation now that has put us in the same body with one another. I just want to know what has happened so that I can fix this whole mess, and then I'll be out of your hair.
fine, do whatever you have to and leave me alone.
Leela still didn't believe any of this was real, but she figured that maybe she could trick her mind into going back to normal.

Mirravin didn't answer, instead she walked back up to the group, and took matters into her own hands.

Uh, hello, um, can anyone tell me just happened here to begin with? I'm a bit confused.Mirravin even added a little flirt flare by innocently playing with her own tail. Little did she know it wasn't a normal thing to do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:21 pm 
Matrix Operator

IC: Kayla's eyes widened as she noticed the fox features and the patch of random grass. "Haven't seen any book... Okay, I think I'm just going to go home, and maybe lie down for a bit. Here." She scribbled several copies of a number on a napkin, and handed them to Blayke, Whitmore, and Leela. Melody and Kira already knew her phone number. "Tomorrow I'm going to look up meteorite impacts. Call me if you want to know what I found."

OOC: At the risk of antagonizing Pandora...
I need everyone to start splitting up. We're going to fast forward 2 days, past the intros and wandering back home, interviews, etc. Blue Tiger's character is going to wake up in a hospital, the rest of us are at home, or the hotel, or wherever. EDIT: everyone's full powers will begin emerging later.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:44 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
OOC ok sorry about all that anyway to the being rude thing my character's new personality is like that it was an impulse he sent to his arm day two will have the personalities only talking

IC "Hey guys i got to go, sorry about your book leela, and kayla what is with the tail and ears just asking? any way bye"

(wait let me talk to them)

"After taking over my body by force no"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Um, dragonmaster, Leela never introduced herself, and Kayla is not the one with fox ears/tail.
This story is getting flip-flopped all whichaway. . .*sigh*

IC: Blayke couldn't handle anymore weirdness. It was all too much to take in at once. An asteriod, changing eyes, his self-healing leg, and now a girl with fox ears and tail. He must be going crazy. He needed some rest. . .yeh, rest. . .go to sleep for a while and everything would be back to normal when he woke up. Without a word, Blayke stood up and made his way off the beach towards his truck.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:11 pm 
Wandering Dragon

When she arrived at hospital, the first doctor that came up checked her over. Next thing Kira knew, she was sitting in a room and the doctor was saying that she will be ok and can leave in a few hours. He cleaned up the cut. How how did this get here?
"It may leave quite a scar, but youre lucky to be alive, after being so close to that meteor, you were on the beach werent you?"
She wasnt in the mood for talking... The doctor left.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:34 pm 
G.E.E.K.

OOC: at least one character got their ability without touching this "thing." So here is my story...

IC: Jarrel pulled into the parking space. He was ready for the party.
After putting the car in park, he stepped out and looked at the night sky, a strand of his blond hair falling across his face.
He saw the meteor streak across the sky, then heard an explosion. The sound seemed so loud for how distant he was, but it was enough to have him black out...

The next thing he remembered was waking up in an ambulance. He saw someone's brown hair lying on the pillow his head was resting on.
He reached up to move it, but when he pulled he relized it was attached to his scalp.

What the hell is going on here? he wondered as he passed into the void once more.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:22 pm 
Matrix Operator

Streaking through the sky, a second meteor headed for an abandoned mine in the Mojave desert. With a minor earthquake, the object impacted the surface, burrowing deep underground.
For hours, the object rested there, then, with a shiver, the second cube cracked open, releasing a puff of orange powder, which settled around the object. At first, nothing happened, then with a horrible slurping sound, the powder began spreading up the crater sides towards the desert surface...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:17 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC This is just to build the second personality and not sure if i did controller's thought that is in these<>

IC when Alondor got to his apartment he went straight to bed thinking "what a weird day i hope tomorrow is a bit more normal and these powers gone"

(Why don't you like me?)

"honestly no now shut up i want to sleep"

(OK OK)

As soon as he drifted off to sleep his body turned into the blackest pitch you have ever seen, it seriously looked like a solid black mass in the shape of a human body. then his eyes flew open and it was af they were the headlights of a car pouring out of his scull.

<good my second personality is completely asleep i can think out loud, so long as he is a heavy sleeper>

he grabs the remote and flips to the earthquakechanel to see if anything majorly destructive had happened, <no apparently not, to bad he would have to hope the news of deaths would come in tomorrow then he would be happy> he thought as he drifted himself to sleep. If someone came in they would think the yin yang symbol had taken a body

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin was a bit dishearten by the fact that she was either ignored or stared at.

"What did I do wrong? And why did they hand me this piece of paper? What does it mean?" she asked Leela knowing she knew the people here better.

You really don't know do you? I can't say you are a branch from me if you can't figure this one out. The first thing that's wrong is that I'm not popular. That makes me invisable to any of these so called cool kids. Then there's the fact that I just got two times weirder and unaprochable with that extra pair of ears, and the tail. Having fox ears and a tail are very far from normal! Although I guess it got you noticed enough to get one's phone number. It might be a trap though. The popular crowd like to find new unusually crule ways to make me suffer.

You know, you really don't act how I've pictured a split personality to act. So maybe for a moment I'll just think about you being real, and not a figment of my own mind. Who, and what exactly are you?
Leela mused still not sure she was really buying this.

"My name is Mirravin, I'm the Demi of life. Now, since we are exchanging formalities maybe you could let me in on who and what exactly are you?"
Mirravin mocked.

That isn't very funny you know. I'm human, and my name is Leela. Wait, what did you say your name was again?For a moment Leela didn't think she'd heard correctly.

"I said, I am the Demi Mirravin." Mirravin repeated again.

Wait, now I really have lost my mind! You said your name was Mirravin? Why that can't be! I knew you were a figment of my imagenation! That's the name of the goddess in the book I just lost!Leela exclaimed.
"Oh, well then that explains this a bit more. You've wished me here though a history book, and I'm guessing some other form of magic. Since everyone knows humans don't do magic." Mirravin bubbled on excitingly missing the fact that Leela was once again doubting her existance.

Oh, but this means you can't be real. Don't you see? The book I lost was a fictional one. I wanted to be you just before I fell! My mind has made you up after seeing all the Kaos that's gone on tonight! It all makes sense now.

Mirravin compleatly ignored her. She figured that a human mind must not be able to take the thought of such a being as herself being in the same body with them. There was no sense in arguing with such stupidity.

"Look, those people from before, they are all leaving." Mirravin pointed out, and they were.

They are all going home. Something that I uh we should do as well. Please, let me have my body back now. I want to get home before it gets too late.

"Fine, I don't think I like it here very much anyways." Mirravin huffed.

Leela lost her new tail and fox ears, and didn't hear from Mirravin for the rest of the night, or even the next morning for that matter. It was as if the night before had been some kind of strange dream.

That was until her trip to the book store to replace the book she'd lost the night before. She couldn't bring herself to even walking down the isle the book was on. The thought of looking at it made her think that the voice inside her head would return, and she'd once again be the freak from the night before.

Her mom was going to be visiting that weekend, and she couldn't help think that her mom wouldn't like it if she were arguing with herself when she came to see her, but she still felt as though she couldn't live without her book.

So she figured she'd look for another book, that had the same arthor. After all, the books she'd read from her so far were all very enlightening. So she went to the man at the head of the store to ask what other books where there for her to buy.

Um, sir? Do you have any more books by the writer with the pen name Midnight? she asked as politely as she knew how.

Oh, yes there are about three more books other than the series you bought about a month ago. There's Vampirum, Cat fish, and Oh, the legend of the Silver coat.The man replied warmly while staring at his computer screen.

Oh good, which one would you say to read personally?She asked.

Oh that's a no brainer! First I'd say read the legend of the silver coat. It'll make all the other books make lots more sense, and when I got to the end, oh I though I was going to cry it was so good. He answered enthusiasticaly.

oh good then I'll take that one.She replied happily. If the store owner said it was good, she knew it was worth giving up the chance to re buy the book she'd lost, and this way she wouldn't have to be reminded of the night before, or so she thought.

After purchasing the book Leena left the store with no intentions of thinking of the night before ever again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:13 pm 
Matrix Operator

In her room, Kayla sat crosslegged on her bed, ready to try an experiment. She focused on a soccer trophy on the desk in front of her, and pictured it rising into the air.
The trophy did precisely that.
Moving objects with the mind. That's... She glanced at a printout. Telekinesis. As soon as she looked away, the trophy fell to the floor with a loud clunk. "Crud," she said aloud. "Okay, I have the power to move things with my mind, apparently... how did this happen?" Her eyes flickered to the cube sitting on her desk. The cube, it must have changed me somehow. But what, exactly, is it?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:08 am 
Wandering Dragon

The next day, after Kira had arrived at home from the hospital, she was sitting on her bed reading a magazine. It was afternoon, a hot day. She sighed. The cut across her head that travelled down her arm started itching again. It happened occasionally. Kira looked over at one of the snowboarding posters on her wall, in the background of the picture was a golden eagle, flying in the sky. She sighed again, imagining what it would be like to soar over the land. Suddenly her bedroom started to get bigger, and her head was covered by her T-Shirt. Whats going on? She panicked. She tried to get out of her clothers which were covering her entirely. One her head pocked out, she saw that the room was definitely bigger and every object was in sharp detail, as if she looked at everything in front of her nose. Somethings wrong, she thought.

She tried to climb off the bed, but stumbled forward, she put an arm out the steady herself as she landed on the floor.... and saw feathers. Kira didnt know what was happening, she must be hallucinating. She felt an urge to look at herself in the mirror, the mirror that was high above her on the table. She walked over to it, claws sticking to the carpet. She somehow managed to get up onto the table, hearing a fluttering noise, and then she gazed into the mirror.

It was not herself she saw, the only thing that looked back at her was a Golden Eagle. She started to hyperventilate, this must be a dream, just as the panick rose withinn her, the reflection blurred and Kira fell backwards off the table and landed naked on her bedroom floor. Confused and dazed.

There was a knock at her door.
"Kira? What are you doing?" It was her mom.
"Umm, nothing, just knocked something over, dont come in."
"Ok" She left.
Kira got up and put her clothes back on. If that was real, she should see if she could do it again, what on earth had just happened, did she really...?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 am 
Godsin Queen

Leela couldn't bring herself to read her new book at first. Shortly after she'd brought it home the night before she'd realized the book she'd purchanced was about the entire history Mirravin. The very thing she was running away from.

However the next day her curiousity had gotten the better of her, and she began reading the book continuously. She barely looked up from it long enough to see where she was going at times.

She didn't want to spend the last bit of her summer break locked in her room with a book. So she was now on her way to to the shore since it was maybe a half mile from her house. It was the most relaxing place she knew of, and the closest.

The street sign she was waiting on finally gave her the ok to walk, and without think she started her way across with her eyes glued to the insides of her book. She didn't see the car run the stoplight, she didn't hear the driver honking their horn at her. She was already to absorbed in her reading.

Look out! Mirravin's voice warned in her head. She dismissed it as something left over from her night of insanity, and walked on.
When she did her muscles suddenly tensed up on their on, and she dropped her book to hold up her hands, without her wanting to. as she did she felt the pain that she'd once felt before when she'd grown the ears and tail.

When she finally did look up she was overwhelmed with shock. She, her herself, even though she wasn't able to move a single muscle in her body, was holding a car at bay. With what? She squinted to see it, but she was holding up a transparent shield between the car and herself.

"You don't listen do you? Do you think I was yelling for my own health, oh, wait a second I was yelling for my own health. If you die I might die too. It's not worth the risk."

I, I, I can't believe this! This has too be some kind of horrible dream.

"still in denighal I see. Oh well, let's get over to the beach. I believe that both of our nerves have been rattled. Maybe a good walk among the waves will make things better."

After they'd hit the beach leela was able to control her own body again, and the voice was gone. Leela wasn't sure how to take what she'd just witnessed, but she was starting to think that it wasn't so bad having this extra force on her side.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:34 pm 
Solitary Serpent

The night after the impact, Blayke had stared at the mirror for hours, trying to "fix" his eyes. He had rinsed his eyes in water and dowsed them with eyedrops. But nothing seem to work.
The image of himself still remained at the back of his mind. How had he seen himself? Did he do that? No, it had to be someone else. Maybe that girl with the cube. Blayke reached into his pocket and pulled out her number."Something is happening to us. . ." That's what she had said. But what was it exactly. . .Maybe she had the answers. He would call her tomorrow.
The next day, Blayke awoke early. His leg was hurting. He reached down to massage it and felt the long scar from the day before. So it wasn't a dream. Blayke jumped out of the bed and rushed to the mirror. His eyes were still the same, cloudy and dull. . .He slammed his fists down on the sink. Why was this happening to him? He didn't want to change. He just wanted things to stay normal. Blayke decided to head back to the beach.
Blayke's mood stayed gloomy all the way to the beach. What was worse was the sunny weather was turning sour. Clouds were rolling in.
"Great. . .rain. . ." Blayke parked the truck and stepped out. Thunder boomed overhead as he slammed the truck door and walked down the beach. The crater had been roped off, but he ignored the caution tape. Searching through the debris proved to be fruitless. Growing frustrated, Blayke plopped down on the beach a few feet from the crater just as the rain begin to fall.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:39 pm 
Godsin Queen

oc:are Blayke and leela on the beach at the same time or on different days.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Everybody seems to be running on their own timelines. I tried to make it so they were. . .but I'm not sure if our posts coincide with one another. I'll leave it up to you, Pandora. I put him in a spot so you could decide whether they interact or not. . .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:24 pm 
Godsin Queen

Oc: I looked at in and the time line and you are on day one and I'm on day two, I think, Uh well, if it dosn't make sense we can change it up a bit later.

Ic:Leela was concidering going back home since after she'd gotten to the beach it started raining, and even though she both loved and hated the book with her, she didn't want to get it ruined by the rain. She'd just repacked her beach gear when she noticed one of the people from that horrible night on the beach. "I guess he wouldn't hurt to go say hi since we have something in common now."

He's kinda cute too. hee, hee! Maybe you should ask him to dinner tonight.

"What!? NO! besides, guys like him don't like girls like me."

oh and why not? You are a very attractive young lady, and besides being a bit slow you don't have a bad personality either.

"Because we're in my world not yours. That's why. Besides, I'm still young, why should I through myself at the first cute guy that actually doesn't pick at me?"

Oh don't give me that I'm in your head! I can see how much you really do want to get to know him.

"See! this is why this shouldn't be possible!"
Leena wasn't watching were she was going, she was too preocupied with the argument going on in her head. that she'd almost slammed right into Blayke.
Oh, hi I'm Leela, I'm sorry I didn't mean to run into you like that. It's just that I reconized you from the night that weird thing landed on the beach, and when I saw that you were here to I thought I'd ask you something. Uh, uh, would you.... like to talk about what happened over lunch? My treat. I have extra money since I decided not to buy a replacement for the book I lost. Plus it beats standing out here in the rain, but I'll understand if you say no.

STOP you're going to scare him away with all that nervous chatter! Mirravin's voice rattled in her brain, but she noted that it sounded more amused than annoyed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:48 am 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Sounds good to me. :)

IC: Blayke just sat on the beach, letting the rain to soak into his clothes. Someone approached.

"Oh, hi, I'm Leela. . ."

He listened as the girl spoke. Only when she was finished did he look up at her. Thankfully, the rain was still coming down, causing Blayke to squint, not allowing Leela to see his eyes. He recognized her, but something was missing. Something was different about her, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Blayke pondered over her invitation a moment longer before standing up.
"Sure," he finally replied as he brushed the sand from his wet pants as well as he could. "Lunch sounds good. My truck is parked right over there." Blayke pointed to the truck that sat in the nearest parking space. He turned and finally met her gaze.
"Name's Blayke, by the way, and I'll be paying. I'm not from 'round here, so you pick the place." Blayke smiled and waved his hand in a "lady's first" gesture.

The rain had lightened to a light sprinkle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:55 pm 
Wandering Dragon

OOC: I'll assume that im staying on the same timeline... the rains just stoping :lol:

Kira looked out of her window, the rain was beginning to let up. She had calmed down somewhat and had done some experimenting, but it was still a really unerving experience.

She thought for a moment. I have to check if im not the only one whos had something weird happen to themselves... She walked over to her phone and dialled Kayla's number. "Come on, pick up..."
"Hello?"
"Kayla? umm, can you please meet somewhere, like soon, I...I really need to talk to you...In person, Ill meet you anywhere, please...?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:19 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC just saying the split personality is called Dronalo

IC when Alondor woke up he realised that the second personality was still asleep that would hopefully give him enough time to get ready and get out. <First things first use that number that girl gave me so i am not alone with crazy>

"hey Keela"
"yeah?"
"it alondor, you know from the party. could we meet somewhere so i am not stuck witha crazy split personality?"

OOC sorry if i did the same thing you did but my character has no idea who else to talk to

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 am 
Matrix Operator

Engrossed with making a baseball rotate in midair, Kayla almost didn't hear the phone ring. She picked it up, still focusing on the ball. "Hello?"
"Kayla? umm, can you please meet somewhere, like soon, I...I really need to talk to you...In person, I'll meet you anywhere, please...?"
"Uh, sure," Kayla replied, realizing that something was wrong. "We can meet at the beach, if its not closed off-" Her phone beeped. "Hang on, I've got another call." She pushed a button. "Hello?"
"Hey, Kayla?"
"Yeah?"
"It's alondor, you know from the party. Could we meet somewhere so I am not stuck with a crazy split personality?"
At this point, Kayla would have taken Santa and his eight reindeer in stride. "Sure. Head over to the beach, the one where the impact took place? I'll meet you there with a friend." Switching back over, she said, "That was someone else who was at the crash. He's going to meet up with us. I'll see you there."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:58 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Kayla and her friend were not at the beach when Alondor got there so he decided to go look around <hm how odd you would think this would be the top news story of the day but no one is even here>

(well did anyone tell the media about the 1 cubic centimeter meteor?)

<awake are we, but to answer your question i don't think so. now be quiet here comes Kayla, she must have been at the bathroom with that second girl from the party lets go>

OOC this has been modified after i saw more recent posts

Last edited by alondor on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next