Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:25 pm 
Wandering Dragon

"Hmm, I wonder where it came from... How many more of us is there? We should probably try and meet up with everyone from the beach, find out if they have some power and what it is, im sure they would appreciate some mutual help."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:43 pm 
Matrix Operator

Coalescing into a humanoid form, the black dust resolved itself into a non-descript man, with black hair and solid black eyes. Tremors ran up and down his form as he solidified. Raising one hand, the demon of Chaos known in Earth's language as Legion sent threads of virtual energy out, where they began curling into a spherical shape. Moving his hands in carefull, deliberate patterns, Legion began shaping the growing energy into further forms, creating the first of his servants that he would need if he expected to find the Crystal.
Hearing a noise he turned. A lone car was making its way down the road towards him. Annoyed, he allowed it to get closer before firing a bolt of pure Chaos energy. Struck dead center, the vehicle's occupant or occupants had only a second to scream before the car dissolved into its composite atoms, forming a swirling gaseous cloud that Legion added to his spell. The humans' life essence he added to his own....

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:46 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"I guess," Blayke replied to Kira. "I wasn't tryin' to." He turned his attention to the sky for a second, then turned back to the others.
"I don't think there would be any more of us. We were the only ones near the cube. We all touched it. No one else did."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

"It's so strange how such a small object could cause so much trouble," Kayla murmured, gazing into the cube's translucent depths. "And with such pretty colors..."
In a flash, Kayla's mind was pulled within the cube, into a plane of existence beyond human comprehension. As she writhed mentally in pain, a deep and echoing voice said, "May you find strength and comfort in the coming fight, and may the forces of unity triumph over their foes."
The hold on her mind was released, and Kayla reacted by pulling back into herself, snapping back to the reality she knew. The whole process had happened instantaneously, and for a moment, she wondered if she had imagined it. That changed, though, as she percieved threads of mental energy snaking out from the cube towards the others, curling around them as the cube's remaining power was channeled into them. Now your powers are fully developed, the voice said. Do not falter in the coming fight, or the universe as you know it will come to a violent end...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:30 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
OOC when and if the cube talks to me it will be between two of these symbols *

Alondor had been listening to the conversation without commenting. Then he was pulled in some direction in comparison to hismind he did not know if it was in out or some way not yet devised by man. Then he was writhing in pain while Watching Dronalo do the same.

*may you find balance and wisdom in the coming fight, and may the power of trust triumph over thier foes*

He was then back in his body, but for some reason Dronalo was not, he noticed however that his body looked like the yin yang symbol in physical formand he realised, for the voice siad it to him *your mind has been restored to prior condition may this make you more sufficient* After that he new everyone recieved similar messages, but had no idea if thier's was as painful. He could not help but think

"Hm how odd my mind feels empty without dronalo's presence"

(Oh i am still here i just have apsolutely no access to the body)

"Sweet"

(for you)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:12 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Jarrel reached the beach and saw that everyone who had been at the party was there. He walked up to them casually, then stuck his hand through the arm of a girl holding a cube.
"Does anyone want to explain this?" he asked as he removed his arm. During the movement, he accidently brushed the cube.
He turned around and tried moving his hand through the granite slab they were standing on, but instead, a pillar of the rock flew up about three feet away.

Little did he know, that his eyes flashed green as the stone shifted.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:30 pm 
Godsin Queen

well kid it's like this, harming this realm would be the most idiotic thing anyone could possibly do. You see if this realm suffers, all the others follow in it's place. You know because all the realms are like chains on a link. If you destroy one, the whole lot of them are affected as well. Besides, I have no quarral with you or your people, so as long as I'm here I might as well help. Maybe in return you could help me find my body, so that my new friend and I don't get stuck like this. Mirravin wasn't very pleased with the answer she recived, but she wasn't going to argue. She'd found that argueing with humans was a complet waist of breath.

Just then a voice rang out from the cube, and she could see from her place in Leela's mind that Kayla was in pain. She thought of helping her, but then the whole ordeal was over with.

Besides your block thingy brought me here in the first place. Why would you not trust it's better judgment?

There was a sudden rummble behind them as she spoke to Kayla.
What the heck was that!?! Leela spoke aloud for the first time since the whole group had gotten together.

The man that just showed up made the ground move. Ugh, just what I needed, another group of clueless children who have powers they can't control! Why me? Is this some sort of sick joke the concil is playing on me?Leela once again found herself laughing out loud at the image of Mirravin her brain provied in her head. She could have sworn she heard someone else laughing as well, but she shrugged off the thought. Kayla was the only other person that could have seen the image, and she didn't look like she was laughing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:30 am 
Wandering Dragon

"Wow! You can control rock!?" Kira said incredulously.
"Ok, the cube seems to be very intelligent. And what does it mean 'in the coming fight'...?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:28 am 
Matrix Operator

"Something is happening... things are changing, perhaps beyond our control." You and I are perhaps the only ones who can begin to know the scope of our situation, you through your origins, and mine through my power, Kayla said privately to Mirivain. It is partly through that and partly my lack of another option that I give you this. With that, she withdrew the cube and handed it to Leela, saying to her directly, I need Mirivain to come forward so she can examine the cube. Please. Kayla found that her senses of the mind were sharpening, allowing her to see thousands of small changes appearing in the minds of others, pieces moving and parts that had lain dormant since birth beginning to activate, flashing with life that they had never known.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:29 pm 
Godsin Queen

"yeah, yeah, I wasn't doing much right now at any rate." Leela grumbled in answer.

With little effort Mirravin slipped into the lead, and she winched as her ears and tail came in.

That's becoming slightly bothersome.She mummbled to herself. With that Mirravin took the crystal in her hand and rolled it gently around in the palm of her hands, and closed her eyes, as she reached out at the energies that rested inside.

"Show me, show me what we're here to save this realm from." she sent out her thoughts to it once she'd found that it was indeed there.

Mirravin's eyes lit up with a series of images it sent to her. One of which was of a tall dark figure surrounded by hoards of other dark figures. They all stood amounst the burning ruins of what looked like the city they were in.

You must find him before he finds you, or this realm will be the first to fall in a change of distruction.

"find him before he finds us?"

us no you yes

"What?"

Mirravin get's an image of her own self, and a blackened hand reaching for her neck. Suddenly she pieced together what this image meant, and she didn't like the thought of it at all.

Having seen enough of this she detached herself from the entity inside the crystal and hastily handed it back to kayla.

"Look at this and you tell me what you think it means." she sent these thoughts to Kayla along with the images she'd recived from the crystal. She didn't want to think about what she'd seen, but now it wouldn't go away.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 am 
Matrix Operator

"Dio nel cielo," Kayla mumurred, staring into the cube's depths. Who is that? And why- Her eyes narrowed. Why is he here, is the question of the day. If we can figure out what he's after, then we know where he's going. A pause. Unless he's after us.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:30 pm 
Solitary Serpent

It was all Blayk could do to keep up with what was going on. Another person with weird powers showing up; the cube reaching out to him, filling his mind with even more fragments and riddles; an apparently mental conversation between Mirravin and Kayla.
Blayk let his mind drift. If he could really control the weather, then shouldn't he feel the connection to it? He searched his mind looking for a thread, a connection, a feeling. Something had to be there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:50 pm 
Matrix Operator

The first of his creations was done. Legion smiled mirthlessly as the creature stood upright. It was roughly 1600 cm in height, the skin a dark green in color, was equipped with four limbs, two hind and two front with three fingers. The fingers were tipped with short, sharp claws made from a translucent crystal. The head was that of a bullfrog, with a wide mouth filled with a double row of teeth, similar to a shark.
Legion gestured overhead, and storm clouds began forming, shielding him and his creation from the light of the sun. Now that the first was made, the rest would be easier. Focusing his power, Legion set to work...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:44 pm 
Godsin Queen

"if you are speaking of the woman, that's me, er, my body. As far as what this man, who he is or what he wants, I don't know. I do know if he finds my body before we do I'm dead, and I won't be much help to you that way.
but Let's not dwell on that right now. We need to get this group more organized, and more uniformed. We need to do something that will force them to embrace their powers, and work together. You do understand how importaint this is?

I've already got something in mind too. We need to introduce them to some real danger. I suggest we go looking for this enemy of ours." With the last though a mischevious smile spread across Mirravin's face.

wait, I don't like this idea! no! I don't have any powers like all of you do!Leela at lest still heard Mirravin's side of the conversation, and she wasn't very happy with what she heard.

"Oh and I'm chopped liver?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:31 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
"We know not what the enemy is capable of nor where they are I say we retreat to someones house so we can get out of the open it will not do to have the enemy find us when we do not have a strategy"

(Wise, but i think we should go to your parent's estate since they have a training ground type thing.)

"That could work i guess"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:31 am 
Matrix Operator

"Wait,wait, just let me think for a moment." Kayla massaged her temples. "I agree we should get out of sight, if anyone excersises their powers out in the open again, we risk detection. Alondor, you, I think, were considering your parents estate. If they have a secluded area, that's perfect. We should split up on the way there, one person is less notable than a large group."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:36 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin didn't like the though of being ignored, but she couldn't really blame her for not taking up her plan. She was suggesting they go toward the danger, instead of finding a way to get away from it. "hmmp, fine do whatever see if I care, I rather not try dealing with this whole mess anyways."
Disheartened she left control back to Leela, and Leela got the image of her sulking to her favorite corner of her mind. Once again the ears and tail disappeared from view, and Leela found herself almost starting to get accustom to the pain that came with it.

She didn't think to say anything to Mirravin to comfort her, because she mostly agreed that it was a reckless irresponcible idea. She did however know how delicate Mirravin's pride really was, and she also secreatly hopped that this wasn't going to be magerly damaging. If this was really the real Mirravin, she would be no help at all if she felt useless.
I'm fine you idiot, I just need some time to myself. I need to think.Mirravin's voice sproughted out among her own thoughts spooking her slightly. She hit a nerve calling her and idiot, but she didn't feel like starting up an argument. So she left her alone to do her so called thinking.

But then the group was discussing a seperation, and a departure to Alondor's place. This didn't settle with her too well either. She knew where Alondor's house was because she'd been invited there a few times, but she still really didn't know the guy. His house was further up in the hills, away from the beach, and she'd walked there. It would take about an hour to get there on foot, and with the freaky weather, Leela wasn't so sure she wanted to risk it.

Blayke, Um, can I ride with you? I don't have a ride there myself, and uh, I figured I could give you directions on how to get there since you're from out of town. It still seemed akward talking to him, and she was sure she'd come across as creepy with the was she seemed to be singeling him out, but she was determined to at lest try. It was as if Mirravin being there gave her more confidents.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Although his mind was wandering, Blayk had been listening to what was going on. He jumped a bit, snapping out of his 'trance', when Leela asked him for a ride. He sighed and shook his head. Why couldn't he find it? Why couldn't he feel the connection? It had to be there.
"Uh. . .yeh, sure," he answered Leela, still somewhat in a daze. Then, turning to her, he added, "As long as she's not gonna try'n kill me or anything." Blayk smiled and flicked his hair above his ear to indicate fox ears.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:22 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leela laughed at his last comment.

You think I'd read about her if she had a thing for killing people? She's just over reacts a bit sometimes that's all. Leela did like Mirravin after all, she just didn't like the idea of her being there with her. She was a bit curious where he'd gotten the impression to joke about her killing anyone. He'd obviously never read any of the books. Mirravin only killed when she absolutly had to. She would often inforce "punishment" but she was never too extream with anything.

Hmmp, he's not worth the pain it takes to come out and do it.Mirravin was both joking and being truthful.

She's actually pretty nice when you get to know her.Leela assured him once again, trying to ignore Mirravin's last comment.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:45 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Blayk had only been joking, but Leela seemed to have taken the comment more serious than intended.
"I'm sure she is," he replied. But if she's so nice, then why are you so afraid to be alone with her? Blayk did not express his concerns out loud. He knew it probably would just lead to another argument, or an uncomfortable situation. He turned to Kayla.
"So, everybody's headin' out now or what? We should have a specific time to be there by. That way, if someone doesn't show up, we know something happened."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:50 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Specific time?" Kayla asked as the group broke up and began dissipating. "As soon as friggin possible, that's when." She was still deeply disturbed at her shared vision with Mirrivain. "Don't worry, if someone gets attacked, I'll know. Trust me." Turned she began walking away, the cube clutched tightly in one hand.

OCC: I just figured out what's missing - Melody. dragonfly hasn't posted in a while.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:01 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"O. . Ok," was all Blayk could say.
He didn't like the idea of someone being able to keep track of him by probing his mind, but Kayla didn't seem to leave him any other choice.
"Can Mirravin read minds?" Blayk asked Leela as he started walking back to the truck.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:02 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leela didn't really want to tell him why she'd been afraid, after all who wants to admit that they are afraid they are crazy?

He saw Mirravin too, and was able to speak with her, as long as he was there she knew she wasn't crazy. She knew that it really was real, but she really did like him, so she told him the truth.

As long as you are with me I know I'm not just going crazy. You've seen her too, you knows she's there. If I'm alone then there's no way for me to prove to myself that she isn't just some figment of my book obsessed brain.

can mirravin read minds?
He asked suddenly.

Leela suddenly got the image of Mirravin giving a great big chesha cat grin.

"Oh no! don't you dare do what I think your thinking! Don't you dare!"

Oh, and what if I do? Mirravin sassed.

"Ugh! I'll hate you forever! and I'll never read another on of your book ever again! " she lied.

Oh that's Ok with me, I don't write any of those things, and the one you've been reading isn't even fully acurate. It doesn't tell the real story.
Mirravin was still contemplating on whether she wanted to do what she had planned, she didn't want anyone hatting her, even though she'd love to call out Leela's bluff.
She decided to go for it, but not in the way she'd planed.

Not only can I hear every word you say, if I so whished I can hear every thought you think, but that's just not my style. I'll only come into the minds of those who want me. This current arangement..... as I said, not really something I wanted to do Mirravin sent the thoughts to him grinning as she did, Leela would just have to get her back later for it if it spooked him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:03 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Jarrel walked up to the girl he had "phased" through.
"We have a slight problem with me lying low... I kinda 'disappeared' from a hospital before running here. I am a nomad and I hate hospitals." He said to her.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:08 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Stay with me," Kayla said, still walking, which compelled Jarrel to follow. "I can prevent people from noticing you. I can even control what they think," she continued in a softer voice. "I can know people's inner most secrets without them being any the wiser. I don't know if I like having this power."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next