Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:08 pm 
Matrix Operator

Kayla had made it almost all the way to the beach before she realized that, in her departure from her house, she had grabbed the cube. Raising to eye level, she said in a low tone, "What are you? What's your game?"
Victory in unity...
Kayla glanced around sharply, but no one was near enough to have said what she heard. With a sudden thought, she turned back to the cube and focused all her energy on it.
Force of nature, scepter's sway
The path reborn, night turned to day.
Chaos, darkness rampancy
Victory in unity.

"Who are you?" Kayla demanded.
Answer to a problem past,
A solution that will ever last.
Powers given, fear destroyed
Confidence and spirits bouyed.

"What's going on?"
Damage to universe sustained
In all the Balance must be maintained.
An evil force of chaos comes
This plus heroes completes the sums.

The voice faded away, leaving Kayla standing on the street corner, perplexed beyond measure. Pocketing the cube, she raced for the beach, hoping someone could make sense of what she'd heard.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:35 am 
Wandering Dragon

Kira stepped down onto the beach. She wondered if anyone else was going to turn up. But she needed to show Kayla somewhere private.
The beach was as great place sometimes, she had lots of memories here, but since that meteor fall, it held a sense of forboding.
Kira looked over and saw Kayla aproaching. She ran over to her.
"Hey, glad you came. Wait, we need to go somewhere private,can you come with me to the toilets over there?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am 
Matrix Operator

"I've heard this one before," Kayla remarked wryly as she allowed Kira to lead her over. "Except it was a cute guy before." When they were out of sight, she said, "I have something to tell you as well, but you go first."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:29 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc: if you were talking to our characters dragonmster, I'm sorry, you didn't quite make that known.
See that didn't go too bad. Mirravin proclaimed proudly.

"Yes, but now what do I do?" Leela asked frantically.
well first off you should take his offer, and get into that truck and out of the rain. I trust him well enough. Mirravin offered.

"Uh, ok if you're sure it's ok." Leela hadn't read a book that Mirravin's judgment had been wrong. Even if she wasn't real Leela reasoned that she wouldn't be wrong now if she wasn't ever wrong before.

Uh, ok sure I know a small dinner just off the coast here that we can go to. I think it's called Salty Cindy's. The food is good, and it's not overly fancy so it's a rather common hangout for the locals. I'll show you how to get there if you don't already know the way. Oh, and I'm the one who offered the meal so I really would feel better if I paid for it. Leela tied to explain, as they made their way up to his truck. She placed a hand on the handle of the passenger door, and looked back at him waiting for his reply before she opened the door.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 pm 
Wandering Dragon

"Allright, make sure no one comes in. Ok... right... please dont be afraid, just watch..."
Kira thought of an animal she had managed to transform into earlier. She imagined what that animal looked like in her mind, thats all it took. She felt the strange feeling as her body changed its form entirely, her clothes fell off her and all tht stood there was a wolf.
She stepped out of her jeans, sat on her haunches for a moment, seeing that Kayla wasnt about to run away, then she thought back to her normal human self, and transformed back.
Kira quickly picked up her clothes and stood in a cubicle to get dressed.
"Ive allready been a golden eagle, a snake, a tiger aswell as a wolf! Now, I think I really need some sort of reasurrance. Your the first person ive come to. Im...Im freaking out a little here" She stepped out again. "I... I am afraid, but not as much...I can control it now, and... it is kinda cool, but... Has anyone else had anything strange happen to them...? What...?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:35 am 
Solitary Serpent

"Nonsense," Blayke replied, following Leela to the passenger side of the truck. "A lady should never pay for the meal. My momma raised me right." Blayke reached over and somehow opened the truck door without touching her hand. He smiled and winked at her as he waited for her to climb in. He was happy that she hadn't metioned anything about his eyes. By now, Blayke was feeling more relaxed, less self-conscious.

The rain stopped, and the clouds began to disperse.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 am 
Godsin Queen

Leela couldn't help but to giggle at the last bit. His accent was more than a bit noticable, but it was something she tought made him even more likable, and when he winked she blushed only slightly enough to be noticed.
Not wanting to make him hold the door any longer than he had to she climed into the truck as best she could. She was too used to cars that weren't so high of the ground. Trying to play it off she sat up in her seat and gave a small smile back at him, and watched as he closed the door behind her.

So since you arn't from around here I'm asumming from your accent that you're from the south? she asked as he got into the drivers seat, and she put on her seat belt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:02 am 
Solitary Serpent

Blayke smiled sheepishly when Leela giggled. He shut the door for her then climbed into the driver seat. He started the truck.
"How could you tell?" He grinned again, playfully, as he answered her question. "From Alabama actually. Small town. Nothing like this. I ain't like you city folks. I gotta have my space." He steered the truck onto the road.
"Now where exactly is this diner?"

The sun was shining once more.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 am 
Godsin Queen

Your voice obvisouly! Leela could picture Mirravin rolling her eyes and shaking her head, and it made her laugh. When she relized she'd laughed she quickly covered her mouth.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh at you. Although your accent is hard not to reconize. Oh, and the diner? It's straight up the road here, and, to the left. It's the one with the big smilely face between the big blue words Salty Cindy's. You can't miss it. That's what I like about ti here, everything is right next door to eachother. She wanted to change the subject as soon as possible after making a fool of herself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:22 am 
Solitary Serpent

Blayke chose not to mention the laugh. For all he knew, she could have been laughing at something that happened months ago. Girls were funny like that.
"You're not the first to say somethin' about it. I don't mind it much. It's kinda who I am, a part of where I come from. Some people don't like. A lot of girls think it's great." He chuckled a little, hoping she would catch on that he was only joking. Blayke could see the diner up ahead.
"Oh, I've been by this place before. Never been in it though." Blayke parked the truck and got out. Before Leela was able to get her seatbelt completely off, Blayke was opening the passenger door for her.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:27 am 
Godsin Queen

Wow, he's a fast one!Mirravin giggled girlishly inside her head.

Leela smiled at him polietly, and allowed herself to drop from the edge of the seat, and onto the ground with a thud. "At least I didn't fall" she thought to herself.

You are the most gentalmen like guy I've met in a while. Besides the accent is kinda cute. It adds character. she told in in all honestly while walking backwards toward the diner so that she could see his reaction to what she'd told him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:42 am 
Solitary Serpent

Blayke grinned shyly and rubbed the back of his neck with one hand.
"Well. . .thanks. . .," he mumbled.
"Hey, you might wanna turn around before you run into somethin' or fa-" Before he could finish the sentence, Blayke stumbled over the curb. He managed to correct himself and stood up straight again.
"Looks like I should be more worried about myself," he laughed. Ears burning red with embarassment, he opened the diner's door and ushered Leela insde. He led her over to an empty booth and sat down opposite of her.

A slight breeze began to blow, and a small cloud moved in front of the sun, dimming it's light.

OOC: I'm messing with the weather, trying to connect it to Blayke's various emotions. Sorry if this is annoying anyone.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:57 am 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: i don't think anyone would think it to be more that the whether being a bit odd.
Ic: Leela looked over at Blayke, then at her menu. She was once agina at a loss of words.

Remember you wanted to ask him about the night we met. Thankfuly or maybe unthankfuly Mirravin was still there to remind her.

I think I'm going to get a cheese burger and a drink. You know they hand make the meat patties and everything here? What are you having? She asked casually. She didn't want to be too staight forward, so she wasn't going to ask about it right away, but she could tell it was something the both of them were thinking about.

hey kid, it's it just me or has the whether been a bit odd since you met this friend of yours? Mirravin questioned.
"I haven't noticed anything out of the usual." She wasn't going to let Mirravin keep up with where she was going with this conversation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:11 am 
Solitary Serpent

Blayke stared at the menu for a minute.
"I think I'll get the bacon cheeseburger with curly fries. And I'm guessing a coke since y'all don't seem to have sweet tea." He motioned for the waitress. She came and took their orders. A couple of minutes later, the waitress brought iout their drinks. Once she was gone again, Blayke looked at Leela.
"So. . .I've told you a bit about me. What about you? Where're you from?" What the the meteor do to you?, he thought to himself but didn't ask. Blayke sipped on his drink, waiting for her answer. Play it cool, he told himself. She's a nice girl; let's not ruin the day with 'meteor' talk.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:23 am 
Godsin Queen

Oh, well uh, I was born here at this beach. I don't have many friend becuase all I do basicaly is read. I guess that's my own fualt though huh? Heck besides what happend the other night my life has been rather boring, while not boring for me of course, but it isn't much to talk about.The thought of asking him about that night was starting to almost itch in the back of her mind, but she reminded herself that she herself wouldn't want a bunch of questions dumped on her.

"heck, maybe if I'm luck he'll ask first." she told Mirravin.

hey, can I have half of that cheese burger? Mirravin was too busy looking at the food that was being brought to them a that point.

"What ? NO! what if we grow the tail and the ears again huh? I don't want to make this guy hate me becuase you want a burger!" Leela told her angrily.

but, you get a burger! Mirravin whinned.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:37 am 
Solitary Serpent

Blayke took a bite of his hamburger and chewed it in silence for a moment before swallowing.
"Yeh, that was crazy the other day, huh. . .It would have put excitement in anybody's life. You seem to have walked away unscratched. Got lucky, huh?" Blayke wanted to avoid any personal questions. And he really didn't want to call attention to himself. But he did want answers. Maybe he should have called the girl with the weird eyes. . .He would have to do that later. Right now, he would just let the conversation drift in it's own direction. Hopefully, it would drift towards answers.

Outside, the breeze became a little stronger.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 am 
Godsin Queen

Come on just one little nibble!The cheeseburger argument continued to go in in Leela's head.

Finally she got tired of arguing, and a small grin curled around her lips. She finally figured ot a way to tell if what she were experencing with Mirravin was really real, and she felt a bit stupid for not thinking of it before. She could agree to let Mirravin out for her nibble, just to see if Blayke noticed the diffrence, even if she scared him away at least she'd have he answers.

Either way she decided to choose her next words wisely.

I wish I'd come out of the whole mess unscratched. Hey I know this is going to sound wierd but can I show you something, and will you promise not to freak out? It was a bit to foward she thought, but it was worth a try.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:11 am 
Solitary Serpent

Blayke hesitated.
"Should be worried? This sounds pretty serious." He tried to grin, but his lips refused to move.
"Ok. . .sure," He said uneasily. What could she possibly want to show me. Does it have something to do with the meteor? She said she didn't come out unscratched. Maybe it's just an injury she wats to show me. But why would she worry about me freakin' out over that? Blayke's mind raced with questions and possibilities. He sat in his booth, waiting. His dull, cloudy eyes conveyed little emotion, but the rest of his face portrayed the worry he was feeling.

Outside, the wind stirred even more, picking up leaves and paper as it went.

OOC: And with that, I have to bid you ado for now, my friend. It is late, and I need sleep before class. So, goodnight. Or morning. Or whatever. *passes out*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:59 am 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: ha haha yeah I figured as much! lol. I've been so busy reading some of the older Rps i didn't even notice how late it was! I did notice my eyes burning just a little bit. I hope you get enough sleep that you arn't going around zombiefied lol!

Ic: Leela gave him one last weak little smile and let herself fad from the lead. She wasn't even sure how she did it, but she could feel Mirravin taking over her body, and the pain that came with the ears and tail that came each time Mirravin surfaced. She only hoped this wouldn't scare him away.

Hello, I'm Mirravin, Leela's own person gaurdian stuffed in her body with her. Mirravin always know what to say to get the most extream result. This was one of the traits that Leela wished she wouldn't display. She wanted to closed her eyes, but couldn't because Mirravin refused to now that she was in control of things. She wanted to hide away hoppping that she hadn't made the wrong choice.

"Don't worry I have a feeling he's just like us. " Mirravin tried to reasure her.

what? he got a god from a book in his head too?Leela sassed.

"Well no not like that, but something tells me his not a normal human any longer either." Mirravin tried to explain but she didn't think she was getting though to Leela either way. Leela was still too worried about what she'd done to the possible friendship she'd started to form.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:54 am 
Matrix Operator

"Don't freak out. The last thing we need is someone freaking out." Kayla rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "Hmmm... cellular reformatting, colloquially known as shapeshifting. Not quite what I was expecting..." Noticing Kira's expression, she explained, "I've been exhibiting some paranormal psionic abilities too, probably as a result of direct exposure to the object, which, by the way, has begun talking to me." She reiterated the conversation, if one could call it that, that had taken place. "Obviously, two possiblities exist. One: we've both gone completely off our rockers, and none of this is real, or,two: some property of the cube has granted us supernatural powers. As for others, one of the guys from the beach that night, Al-something-" Alondor, she knew instinctively, "Alondor, he called me, and he's here at the beach now. Ten to one says he's having a similar experience too." Kayla cracked the door open, and looked around until she saw Alondor. "We should meet up with him somewhere other than the girl's bathroom."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:32 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
While waiting for Kayla to get back from the bathroom, Alondor decides to see what the meteor did to him.

"Now lets see, when Darky..."

(names not darky it is Dronalo)

"Sorry. anyway when you activated my powers at the pary and when we talk thier is a tingly feeling so i am going to think about that and see if anything ahppens"

after doing so a blob of light appears and starts taking raddom forms

"sweet now lets see if i can control what form this takes."

With that thought he takes up the thought of a bridge. the blob emediatly becomes one. Then he thinks of a lion statue. After that siad statue is formed.

"Sweet now light composes of every color of the rainbow lets see basic shape like a snake and than change the color to match a cobra"

The blob turns into a stationary snake and then becomes colored.

"O.K. now let's see a stationary cobra is no treat at all so can i make this move"

The imitation cobra stars to move and then disapears because Alondor plops down on the sand exausted

"wew that was tiring. hopefully i have some time before kayla gets here

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:27 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Blayke couldn't hold back his surprise.
"Holy sh-. . ." He jumped slightly, bumping the table with his knee. "Whoa. . .you. . .you. . .it wasn't a dream. . .you're really like that!" His eyes grew wide, and for a moment he was speechless. Suddenly, he looked around the diner then back at Leela.
Pulling a bandana from his pocket, he said, "You need to cover those up. People will stare. That's not normal. You need to cover up." Blayke held out the bandana for Leela to take. "Leela, you gotta cover up. Those ears. . .not normal. You can't do that in public. The meteor did this to you?! Cover up. . .," he rambled. His voice was urgent, but not commanding. A pleading look had spread across his face. This was weirder than anything he had been expecting, but Blayke refused to leave. He didn't want anyone to mess with her, and he hoped that no one had seen it. Blayke quickly scanned the diner again, but none of the other occupants seemed the least bit interested in what was going on.
"Please," he insisted again, holding the bandana closer to her. "I'm not leaving, I promise." Blayke had no idea why he said that last part, but he felt that it had been the right thing to do. Nor did he understand why he felt like he should stay.

Outside, more clouds rolled in to block the sun, and the winds tossed in every direction.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:07 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: If its not to much to ask, dragonmaster, please run your posts through a spellchecker, I'm having a difficult time understanding them.

IC: Kayla approached Alondor with Kira in tow. "Alondor, hi, glad you could make it." She held up a forestalling hand. "Let me guess- you're here because strange things have been happening to or around you."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:45 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Kayla and Alandor shook hands. Kira shook his hand too, she was intrigued in finding out what he had to say, see if he had something as weird as she did...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:27 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin snagged the bandanna from his hand and quickly wrapped it tightly around her head.
"what's wrong with my ears?" She grumbled to Leela angrily
The fact that they are there in the first place.

I guess it's good to know you won't run away, I thought for sure you'd freak and run away. It's not often you meet someone who is two different people at once. Mirravin tried to mimic Leela to keep from making him more frightened than he already seemed to be. Although Leela wasn't as confident as she was, and it showed

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next