Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:36 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Kemper jumped from his chair and followed Cache out the door. when Cache was stopped, Kemper saw the theif turn down a different street. Kemper took off after him. He was running through an alleyway when, suddenly, a long staff shot out in front of him just below his chin. Kemper was clotheslined by the staff and fell flat on his back, coughing and gasping for air. A little old lady appeared from the shadows and knelt beside him. A wide grin had spread across her wrinkled face and she cackled loudly.
"Stupid, old hag!' Kemper started to get up but the woman slapped her cane across his chest, pinning him down. Kemper was surprised by the lady's strength.
"Let me up!. . .Now, dammit!" Kemper struggled under the cane, growing furious.

"Oh, poor darling," the lady's voice had a sing-song quality to it. "Did your pride take a hit with that fall? Tsk, tsk. Shame on you for letting a little thing like me get you down." The old woman taunted Kemper, knowing exactly the right things to target. Kemper couldn't think of a reply.
"You should be better prepared next time," she cautioned. "You have a great battle ahead of you. You need something to defend yourself with." She sighed.
"I guess I could help you out this time." The old lady reached into her robes. Kemper saw her long, ragged fingers clasp around something. The next thing he knew, he felt whatever it was hit his stomach with a solid 'thump', further knocking the breath out of him.

"Why do you have to do that?!" Kemper growled at the woman through gritted teeth.

"Use it wisely," the old woman instructed as she lifted her cane from his chest. Kemper propped himself up to look at the object. It was a lump of greyish, bubbly matter. He was kinda wary to touch it.

"What is -?" Kemper looked for the old lady but she had vanished. He looked at the object a moment longer before he decided to pick it up. It was solid in his hand, but lumpy. Kemper sighed.
"Whatever," he said. He placed the item in his pocket and continued down the alley.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:04 am 
Godsin Queen

Ooc:good gravy! why don't you guys write like this more often? :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: rp
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:52 am 
Shapechanger Dreamon

Elizabeth dashed out the door then yelp as a wrinkly old hand snatched up her arm.
"Now, now, you shouldn't be runnning out to fight unprotected shoudn't we? tsk tsk" the old lady scolded.
"Let go of me!" Elizabeth snarled. She had never liked the elderly; always so strange and smelly, their gnarled hands shaking.
"Here, take this!" the old lady dumped something reasonably large on top of her.
"What the-" Elizabeth was cut off.
"You can thank me later." the old woman said then dissapeared. Elizabeth shook her head in disbelief, looked at her "weapon", grabbed it and ran to catch up with the theif.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:04 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Oak jumped up and attempted to jump over the people in the doorway to catch the fleeing thief, only to find something solid and sturdy slam into his chest, knocking him flat on his back. As he looked up he realized an old woman was the one holding the staff. He grabbed the staff and attempted to pull it from her grip, only to find it as strong as steel. What do you want mother!? I am trying to catch a thie... He was cut short as a fairly large object landed on his chest. Still pinning him down, the old woman leaned in close. Take this, it will test your... ingenuity. And trust me,boy, you will need to be smart soon, very soon. With that she stood upright, but with a slight bend of age, and moved quickly away. Oak looked down at the object as he stood up. Crazy hag. He grabbed it and sprinted after the thief.

OOC: Sorry if some of that is a bit wierd, I am fairly tired but felt I needed to post.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:22 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Cache stopped to catch his breath. He had tracked the thief to a literal labyrinth of hedges. Soft footprints were clearly evident in the muddy soil. He had padded his feet with cloth to lessen them, but even so the sailor couldn't help but wonder if this was a false trail, or even a trap. A chill ran down his spine. Nervously, he clambered up a park bench. His stomach turned. The hedges seemed to stretch on forever. Great, Cache thought, looks like you'll come in handy after all. The metal cylinder felt cool in his hand. Angling it toward the ground, he pushed the nozzle down and it made a little hiss. "Oops." He shook it, and tried again. A thin stream of chemical putty puddled up in a swirl. "Good, at least it works." He took his first step into the maze, a few steps in, the mud turned to stone, and he lost the trail of footsteps. He pulled out the 'weapon' and smiled, angling it behind him and holding down the nozzle, a stream following him down the path. Hopefully it would last.

OOC: Don't worry, this isn't it's only purpose, you'll see.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:16 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
May quietly surveyed the old woman at the door trying to decide what she was up to. She tried to feint around the woman, but the old woman matched her step for step.
"What is it you want woman? Or will you let me pass?"
The old woman smiled and threw a floppy object at May's feet, "You must keep yourself safe, dont you? Use this to protect you." Her smile widened to reveal the hidden signs of age.
May leaned down to pick up what the old woman had thrown down, "You have to be kidding me." She shook it in her hand watching in flap with the movements, "Whatever." Scanning her surroundings she guessed the best way that the theif had gone. As she walked she lifted what the old woman had given her to her lips and blew grimacing, "Who knows where that woman got this. What am i supposed to use this for anyway?"
Placing it between her hands she pushed, a slight giggle emitted from around the corner, rounding the corner she saw a young child giggling and staring up at her.
"Hmm, maybe i can find a way to use this." May began walking again as she blew back into her weapon. listening for any surrounding noises.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:53 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Alendor seeing the brown clothed thief that he had a suspicion had stolen from his front garden since it was right across from the tavern running away gets up from his meditatin to give chase
He duck as the crazy old lady throws someting like a frisbee at him he catches it as she yells "Finally one of our own village members is getting off his yellow belly to stop that low life theif use what I just gave u to hold him down so u can interogate the slimeball :!: "
"What r u crazy :?: :!: " Alendor yells back as he props his only weapon on his head like an olive grass crown catching up with May as she was the only person he could see to ask what the slimeball did to her and inform her of his position

Last edited by alondor on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 am 
Godsin Queen

ooc : just thout i'd point out the waitress is a young woman and never left the tavern, the old lady is a diffrent person altogether.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
A small hiss had been steadily rising and a gurgle sounded from the cylinder, breaking up the steady stream of funky chemical behind him. Cache stopped, and let go of the nozzle. "Almost empty I guess. Just have to make this work the old fashioned way." At the next fork he simply scuffed at the ground until there was a clearly evident hole in the front of his chosen path, just where the stone ended and the dirt began, and continued on accordingly, tracing back his steps whenever he came to a dead end. After a short time he stopped. A shadow had darted behind a corner ahead. Stepping carefully, he followed, turning suddenly.

Nothing. As light as a heavy sailor can be on his feet he walked down the path. Ahead, he noticed a thin line of white and red. The mark he'd been spraying behind him. Apparently his path had crossed this one. He started to make his mark with the heel of his foot, but intuition had him duck just as a knife whizzed over his head. "Jeez!" The thief emerged from the bushes, all in rags, but for a ski mask pulled over his head. His eyes were frightened. "You trying to kill someone?" Silence. Only the wind whispered between them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:47 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
After finding out that the thief had stolen some cash from the travelers he rushes forward to see if he could catch up to his pray finally tracking him down after something like twenty miles to the maze section of the city thanks to his increased human sense of smell inherited from his mother dragon "Great" he thought "A maze one of the few areas where i am totally grounded. him i wonder if any of the travelers in front of me noticed that they went domn hill towards the beach? either way lets hope this weapon can do something besides act as a head band (he tests it bouncing abilaty along with its strength) seems like it is stong enough to support me and of he bounces into the maze

OOC: if u grab one of my ligaments as i go zooming past just say so da

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:56 am 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: Soda? pepsie or cola? lol ! By the way, you all get yur own seperate theif so it's easier for the judges to judge. Don't worry I've already got the explination for the mutiple copies planed up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: no offence but y not say that earlier
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:31 am 
hufflepuff head of house

OCC: Sorry Ersska if u like proper grammar and spelling u should not b on a forum oh and cause my this forum sound midevil i am changing what i put w/ no reference to what it origanaly was oh and pandora ur last post changes what i my character does this post has been removed at my request :D :lol:

Last edited by alondor on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:47 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Um, dragonmaster, you're post doesn't make sense. I suggest proper grammer (namely punctuation!!!) be used in the future. PLEASE!
As for a post, I don't have time. I'll post something later. Sorry.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:27 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
May rounds a corner and finds herself face to face with a wall, cautiously she squeezed her weapon. A slight noise emerged from behind another pile of garbage. May ran forward to stand infront of the garbage; a figure darted out from the garbage and ran into her, letting out the last of the air in her weapon.
She reached out and grabbed the figure's arm, "Oh no you're not. You could've popped my weapon."
She turned the figure she captured to face her, "Now are you the freak who stole my money?"

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:52 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: Dragonmaster E has a point, you arn't making any kind of sence. It's one thing to talk board talk it's another thing when no one can understand a thing yur saying. Either way you have no chance with the judges when you start your post with my theif......

I think the issue isn't necsarly yur grammer, I think it's more of a proublem with them amount of info yur giving. You need give more info and pay more attention to detail. The more details you give the better you'll be understood. You are the only one who knows what you're thinking, so you need to make sure you voice enough that the rest of us can follow you. If that doesn't help, also be sure to re-read your post mutiple time before you actuly post it to see if it makes sence to you yourself. hope this helps you some.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:31 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC: forget everything in that last forum post of mine but Pandora if i don't post my theif how r the judges going to keep track of all the different theifs considering u siad each person was chasing their own now back to the game

the thief jumps up on top of a line of roofs Alondor thinks he does not know that im part dragon this will help me get that gold that he just stole along with my treasure filled hollow garden gnome but this happy thought was interupted by the second thought of how is he moving so fast? with an idea of how it was happenning he throws hi weapon it catches on the theif's brown hood terring it away
Alondor yells Oh no i was right he is the same combination of breeding as me a half dragon
OOC: srry if that does not sound like a half dragon had no other ideas either way this will continue later got other stuff to do :wink:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:57 am 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Dude! Dragonmaster, punctuation! PUH-LEESE!!!! That's one big run-on sentence. It's hard to tell who's thinking what, or what is being done and what is being said! You're killing me here!
And as for the theif, believe me, the judges will be able to keep up. All they have to do is watch the individual characters. It's not that hard.
But seriously, try to use periods, quotations, and maybe the occasional comma. Please?

IC: Kemper roamed the streets, looking for the theif. He fiddled with the 'weapon' in his pocket. What could he possibly do with it? Suddenly, Kemper spotted the theif. And apparently he himself didn't go unnoticed. The theif took off down another alleyway. Kemper gave chase.
Man, this guy's fast, Kemper thought to himself as he sprinted down the alley. It didn't seem like Kemper would ever be able to catch up. He needed a way to stop the theif. Kemper remembered the 'weapon' in his pocket and thought frantically of how to use it.
The theif had reached a dead end and started scaling the building using shop stalls and overhangings to climb up. Kemper had to get him down before he reached the top.
I got it! Kemper took his 'weapon' and threw it with all his might at the theif. It nailed him right in the back of the head. The theif lost his grip and fell to the ground. Kemper ran over to the unconcious theif and tied him up with a scarf he borrowed from one of the stalls. He retrieved the weapon and waited for the theif to come to.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: Trust me, we arn't nimcompoops, we know what we'er doing, you just write like you'd normaly write, but perhaps I should say write like it's something you'd turn into your english teacher. The spelling doesn't have to be perfect but you should at least seperate character speach and thoughts from everything else. I had to read over your post a couple of times to really understand what was going on. it doesn't take much time at all to do either.

you can use quotations like this "EXAMPLE"

or a highlight like this EXAMPLE

or a you can use these * EXAMPLE *

or these { EXAMPLE } or these [ EXAMPLE ] or these ( EXAMPLE )

and none of them take more than a second to do I promise. :lol:

Back to the situation at hand.
When you have captured your thief he/she vanishes and leaves no clue what so ever to where the real thief might be. At this point you should regroup with the rest of the game members and strart to hunt down the real theif. Keep in mind this is just to keep everyting going smooth until everyone is caught up. the real theif is not to be caught until everyone else is finished with the weapon challange. What ever else you want to do is fine with me.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:15 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC: ok srry about that but this right here is my honest opinion Erssk is so an english teacher incarnate now here is the rest of my story

Standing on a bergundy roof looking down on Alondor was a half dragon Alondor lowers his hood and yells at the thief on the roof "so there is another one of my kind to bad he decided to be a thief :!: "
the half-dragon thief realizing who he had stolen from goes jumps off the roof and put out the gold plated garden gnome saying " sorry did not realize you were a half-dragon" in one fluid motion Alondor lifts up his weapon and shoves it around the thief. after he does that he drags the thief back to the bar to wait for everyone else
THE END?

OOC that is it Errsk try not 2 b so teacherish k?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:46 am 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Dragonmaster:
~ First off, my name is Ersska. There's an 'a' on the end. If you're going to address me, do it right.
~ Second, I'm an English major. Grammar is what I do.
~ Thirdly, stop sounding unintelligient, and I'll stop being teacher-ish.
~ Fourthly, if I were a teacher, I would have smacked you on the head with a ruler by now.
~ Fifthly, pay attention to Pandora's post. It said that the theif disappears once you catch him/her. So you couldn't have dragged your theif back to the bar. You're suppose to regroup with everyone else.
~ Finally, thank you. While still not up to my standards, at least your last post was more understandable.

Pandora, I'm sorry. I promise that I will try to make this my last ranting post. I just had to get that out there. Once again, sorry.

That's it. Dragonmaster, try not to be so whiny, ok?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:08 pm 
OOC: Sorry guys, I have been having some trouble with a hobby of mine thats been dominating my thoughts. I will try to post soon. Also, I am trying to think of something to do with my weapon. Once more, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:48 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OOC: Ersska srry for misspelling ur name by the way did not understand that so here is an add on to the last post

The thief getting really mad (see picture of his face) -> :evil: slices my weapon so he can fly out in to the distance Alondor being to tired to follow decides to wait at the bar while thinking "at least i got my gold gnome back............................................ hold it where was the gold sack???? Oh no i was chasing the wrong thief sure he had my gnome but i was s'pose to b chasing the thief that enjoys hanging out at the bar and stealing when he saw something of value"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:12 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Oak flew down the street, his breath coming in short shallow bursts. He took a turn sharply and saw the thief ahead. Pulling out his weapon he looked around for a way to get above the thief. Noticing a short one story house he angled towards it. He jumped off his right foot and kicked upwards off of the building, then repeated with his right foot so that he could haul himself over the lip of the roof. Weapon in hand, Oak ran down the line of buildings, only having to jump across rooftops once. As he neared the thief he timed his footsteps so he could put the weapon directly under his left foot. As the weapon landed under the thief, Oak jumped down onto him. Oak missed however and the weapon simply went unnoticed by the thief. Oak picked it up and barreled down the street. Finally catching him, Oak slapped the thief with the weapon, which curled around the thief's head, catching him off guard and knocking him over in mid step. Oak then slapped him one more time with the weapon. As Oak threw the weapon away and picked up the thief by the collar he noticed something wrong with the thief's skin, it seemed to be falling away. Oak's hand slipped through the thief, who then fell to the ground and continued to fall apart until only dust was left.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:03 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: Oy-oy-oy, some people...

IC: The thief's clothes were very baggy as well as raggy, Cache noticed as he watched anxiously, muscles tense. No way he would be able to do much damage if it came to physical strength being of such light build, but at the same time, he could be hiding anything in those clothes.

"Look, you're caught. If you give the money back right now, I can say you just got away, but dropped it. Most of the people after you aren't that nice, believe me." He didn't want this to come to a fight, not with him feeling cornered.

"And what if they catch me without the money? What then?" The voice was quivering, and--surprisingly--feminine.

Cache tried not to act surprised, but failed. He giggled, whether from a little alcohol left in his system, or some bug tickling his insides. "S-sorry, its just--" He said as he fought back fits of laughter, "I thought you were going to h-hurt me, m-miss." He couldn't take it, he doubled over letting out his exuberant outburst. In a flash the thief had crossed the distance between them and kicked him square in the jaw, knocking him backwards onto the unwelcoming stone pathway. Some sort of rod had been pined under him, and he felt for it, hoping it was something a little more deadly then a stick. Pain and blood filled his mouth and he spat. His mouth was already swelling. "What was that for?" He asked futilely. Silence, again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:31 pm 
Celtic Defender

<center>Image</center>
You are formally warned (Rule#2, Rule#10).
Edited by Tempest.

*eats*

Offline Profile