Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:24 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon quickly looked away blushing deepy at her suprised look. He couldn't help but think that she'd thought that coment was directed at her. Now he was really imbaressed, how could he have slipped up so bad? They the com begains to sound off again which was a welcome noise to his ears.
Well lets see now, Uh, there, ther are about fiffty pods per chamber and there were ten stasis chambers in all. That means there were at least five hundred live human crew members aboard. I, I, honestly, don't know how, uh, how many survivers there are yet, or uh, how many are inffected and not inffected. The only ture way to be sure is to continue the obsevation here untile we've acounted for everyone abord the ship. Th-thats something that will take quite a while to do with just the two of us. I, I am gathering dogtags now. We'll be sure to keep you up-d-d dated on any thing major.He answered and finshed looking for vitals and collecting tages in the room, and walked Erin back into the hallway, then he stuttered of the names of those in the chamber all of which were dead.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:29 pm 
Cererean Princess

"500 in all? Well, assuming half have survived... that should be enough to make genetic diversity a none issue," Luna mused.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:22 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"My hand doesn't seem to be discolored..." He turned it over and noticed that his fingers were slightly raised and rough. "My fingertips are off though. It seems to be like... like... wartish." He had never had a wart, but he had seen pictures of it on the program before he learned to keep himself on-subject in his studies.

Raf maintained composure at the mention of 'old fashioned' ways of population, somewhat relieved he had gotten the infection of his hand off his chest. What kind of leader was he if he couldn't tell a simple truth without trying to hide it? "We should get the full-ship intercoms working to warn everyone before we land. Ember, could you work on it?" She nodded and opened a panel along the wall.

"I'll have to check the fuses manually. Hopefully it is one of the main breakers..." She sounded hopeful.

By now the planet was visible as more than a speck, growing ever larger on the main screen. Already he couldn't quite place his thumb over it. "We're about the distance the moon was from our old home. It won't be long now." He noticed he was gripping the seat tightly. He tried to relax himself.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:23 am 
Cererean Princess

"How long" asked Luna. "It took 3 days for the first craft to traverse the distance between Luna " she smiled at the mention of her namegiver "and Terra. Later ships got it down to around an hour, but they used propulsive braking. If we tried taking this ship into the atmosphere, we'd simply burn up".

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon listened carfuly to the the captians next words, and he senced the discomfort in his voice.

wartish eh? well just as a percation I'll have to check you out after we'er done here. Hey wait.... I hear some voices down the hall in the next stasis chamber....

the radio trasmiter seemed to cut off for a while. There was enough silance to make them start thinking the worst then Leon got back on the com seeming to be overjoyed. He'd left the com with Erin and rush to investigate the noise. He came back to report what he'd found.

Stasis chamber 3argbrak seems to have been passed by the virus. Although for some reason the stasis cells are only now opening. It seems that all the late wakers are viruse free. I've got an idea but I need you to clear it before I can proceed. You see I was thinking we should for the time being seal the viruse free survivers away from the rest of the ship until I can asure that it is safe to trasport them to a different part of the ship. Do I have your approval sir?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:38 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
OOC: Last time I posted this it didn't go through. Some sort of an error...

IC: "Back when humanity first crossed the divide between two heavenly bodies, nuclear tech was illegal outside of the atmosphere. It was figured that the closest star was physically within reach within a human life span in the late 19th century, if diplomatic restrictions were removed from the equation. Nuclear power hit several mile stones between then and when we left." Raf frowned. Would he always talk of the past so much? "I've also found controls for a solar-sail parachute. We should deploy it at about 809,000km in order to slow down and preferably not burn up."

The doctor was absent in response, Raf noticed, but just as he was about to ask he came back. "Yes, approval granted, keep to the inside of the ship and towards the fore as to stay away from the engine's radiation." Icons flashed on the screen and automatic programs scrolled across the monitoring program. Close up photos began to compile across the screen into a rough two-dimensional image of the planet's surface. "Heh, it seems our proximity triggered a mapmaking application. At least we can find out where to land..."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:48 am 
Godsin Queen

good we'll inspect the health of the crew members and explain what's going on, then you'll have to shut off the chamber from the control room.

Loen said and started pushing the wheelchair toward the chamber with the live people in it . They could hear people chattering about verious subjects as they got closer

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:43 am 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Presumably the ship would have already decellerated from .2c already to a more sensible speed for intrasystem travel.

IC: "So, how ong have we cot before we reach the planet? Also, are we Aerobraking/capturing into Orbit then landing, reducing maximum heating, or landing direct? Aerocapture/braking would allow us to look at the planet to ensure conditions are right for a landing."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Yes that would be best. We don't know the weather patterns or whether these will be accurate by the time we land." He referred to the collage. A large storm was brewing along the northeast sea. It seemed to be similar to a Terrian hurricane. Unlike Terra, however, liquid wasn't the most prevalent feature. A large continent dominated, split in two by a scorched rift in the land. Mountains dominated the eastern side, plains the west. Both sides were covered in varying sizes of craters. The largest was dark in the center and surrounded by an unusually large and thick rim--on the eastern side. The surrounding oceans were a sickly dark yellow, either discolored by minerals, or not water at all.

OOC: I realize I'm reinventing this planet, but bear with me and I'll stay as scientific as possible.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 am 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Or you could just fudge the facts and remind everyone that the planet was blown up so we're landing on the other one.

IC: "How fast are we moving? I need to know so I can work out the heating we'll experience." She thought for a bit. "And knowing the shape of the ship would be a big help as well."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:17 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Erin remained silent, listening to the conversations between the other crew members. When Leon went to check the other room, she grew somewhat fidgety. Why was he taking so long?! Erin relaxed and let out a sigh of relief when she saw Leon returning. She continued to listen silently as Leon explained his find.
"More people?!" Erin gasped. She hadn't expect to find anyone else. She didn't expectc she could handle being around any others.
"Leon, I don't. . ." Erin mumbled a protest as Leon began steering her towards the inhabited room.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:02 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: Well, the team was originally supposed to land on Gliese 581 c, but since it was destroyed we had to go to Gliese 581 d, a superplanet. No one in real life knows anything about its terrain, so I took some liberties and slapped some unlikely oceans on there. :roll:

"Our current speed is about .1 AU/hour." He half-grinned. "Do you want the short version? The shape of the ship has alot of pi calculations. Think a slightly rounded and flattened version of a helicopter body. Very aerodynamic for its great size. No wings to speak of though, it is steered by propulsion, which is why we need a dragnet before we hit planet-side."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:54 pm 
Cererean Princess

"What!" Luna screamed. "0.1 AU an Hour! Did the computer mistrain you or something? We hit the planet at that speed and we're gone. And we've only got a few minutes before hitting it. You'll have to decellerate us. Now."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:11 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: You character has a valid, valid point. I just checked the numbers and can only justify that speed in one way.

"I'm not stupid. The planet is on the fringe of this small solar system. I've been dramatically decreasing our speed since we hit solar system; the less time we spend on this frigate the better." Raf turned the pulse generator, which provides the speed completely off, but kept the nuclear engine running. He kept easing on the reverse thrusters to slow the ailing vessel. The solar-sail's cables couldn't stand up to the momentum yet. "I understand your concern. I'm sorry, but I really think that we need to get off of here. Too many things have gone wrong... Besides, I thought we'd take a spiral approach, closing our orbit and decelerating at the same time. We'll have to watch for moons though."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:59 am 
Godsin Queen

Leon paused nad stood facing the opposite direction to think.

People arn't my th-thing either but, they are my j-job. Rather ironic eh? I guess we can do like the last chamber and you can wait outsidewhile I gather the name tags. th-this ine might take longer since I'll pr-proubly have to do some explaining and calming people down not that I'm good at it. all though you need to promise to keep a close watch over me while I'm in there and let them know if I need back up. Not many of these people are going ot be happy being locked up. I can't say that I blame them r-really take the com and be ready for the worst. as he said this he floated almost to the frount of the chair and kneeled in frount of her placing his wrist com in her lap. Them he gave her a week, slightly forced, but warm smile.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:32 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"I'm going with you," Erin ansered Leon. She clamped the wrist com on her arm and turned her wheelchair away from Leon. Slowly, she began to push herself up out of the chair.
"You don't need to go alone. What if something happens? I may only be a botanist, but I believe I can hold my own in a fight. Climbing trees will get you in shape fast!" She flashed a smile and winked at Leon. Erin managed to stand up but had to lean on the wall for support.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:40 pm 
Cererean Princess

"So, we're spiraling round the star?" asked Luna. "How long till we'll reach the planet and land?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:55 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Not the star, the planet, the star is about .3 units back. Well, we are going to spiral down losing speed until the planet meets us in about 5 minutes. Most people don't think about it, but planets move and move fast, especially around a red dwarf like this star." He looked up at her, knowing he was putting more pressure on her than he should. That guilt was eating him up inside. It was his fault she didn't have much time to prepare.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:28 pm 
Godsin Queen

He blushed slightly when she winked at him, and was almost trempted to believe she'd suddenly just become well again. Then after seeing her hang so tightly to the wall his sences came back to him.

St-stop this, there realy isn't a need for anyone to play hero. I, I, .... besides your body is still recoving from your ill reaction with the nanos and the mass amount of blood you lost. I, I don't mind if you want to move around by yourself , and I don't mind if you come with me. But right now you need to think about your own health. Besides I need you to stay out of any brawls if possible. We will have acomplished nothing if something were to happen to both of us after all. Let's simplely hope that no one will decide to be come hostile. he stressed, and offered her his hand.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:09 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Fine," Erin reply, "I'll stand outside the door." She hesitated at Leon's outstretched hand. She remained up against the wall. The lessened gravity made it even harder for her to move. It messed with her balanced and made her lightheaded. Erin reached out for the wheelchair. She grabbed the handles and stood behind it. She began making her way down the corridor, using the wheelchair like a walker.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:35 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon sighed to himself and made his way to the next chamber. he reasoned with himself that he should be glad she agreed to hold off as much as she was. There wouldn't be too much he could do if the situation were to turn sour. He only hoped that there wasn't a hothead in the crowd he was about to walk into.
He sigh once more and inhaled, then he slowly steped into the room.
Then before Erin could object he snatched the clip board from the wheel chair so he could jot down names hislef.

I don't think you should be trying to write and be standing at the same time right now. He tried to reason with her before he turned away, not wanting to see her face knowing she wasn't going to be too happy with him. He was too sacred she'd fall trying to suport herself and write at the same time, to try doing it any other way.

With the thought still freash in his mind he walked over to a man standing at the door.

what's going on? The man asked him worriedly as soon as he'd been spoted.

oh, there have just been a few minor complecation with the stacic cells. I need a roll call on all survivers in this room, and a count of any casualties. I need to take a look at anyone who is starting to look sickly. It's just as a procaution.
He tried to explian to the man while at the same time not letting too much leak out before he could get full control of the situation.
this paticular man wasn't buying it.
you know we'er not stupid we've been listening to the entercom. Now tell me what's going on with us?

Leon sighed deeply looking for the words to say to him.

if you've been listening then you know what we plan to do at the moment. look, you seem like a smart man. You should know the risks of allowing all these people to leave this room. If you would be a leader to these people. After I'm done here tell them to brace from the impact of our landing. They'll only have about a min. to do so after I'm gone.

The man shook his head a snarled angerly.
They'll eat me alive when it finally sinks in that they really are being locked up in here. Doc. you own me for this.
the man growled, and stalked off into the back of the room.
Leon cracked a small smile and went on hastily doing his work, hopping that he did indeed get everything done before their landing, and questioning how they could have heard anything on the coms since only a few of them were up and running.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:18 am 
Cererean Princess

"Leon, you have 4 minutes left to get everyone sorted," Luna said through the comm channel open for that purpose. "We'd be making planetfall then."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:57 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

The planet seemed to approach ever so slowly, like a sun rising over the monitors. An increasingly large sun. He glanced at Luna. She seemed to know what she was doing, or at least was intent at it. After her announcement he added, "And everyone needs to brace for high-grav during and after the landing. You'd better get used to it as well, this will most likely be our home for some time." He glanced at the radiation readout in an isolated corner of one of the monitors. With the intercom off he turned to Luna. "We also may want to think about containment. This ship should be air-tight, but once we leave it it won't be, and I really don't want it polluting whatever atmosphere the planet has. We should try and land right next to one of these chemical lakes, so we can push it in after we scavenge what we can." He pointed to a rise from the rest of the landscape in a rough and elongated rectangular formation. "That looks like a suitable runway." Luckily there were few clouds to obscure their vision, or perhaps unluckily as it made the planet all the less hospitable.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:37 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Erin, indeed, wasn't too happy that Leon took her clipboard. She hated this feeling of helplessness. She always had had something to do, always took care of herself. Now she had to rely on someone else, and couldn't even muster enough strength to help him with minute tasks. With a sigh, Erin flopped up against the wall by the doorway. The two guys paid no heed to her.
When Leon entered the room, Erin obediently stayed outside, hoping that nothing would go wrong. A few minutes had passed before Luna and Raf spoke over the intercom.
"L-L-Leon!" Erin called from beside the doorway. "You gotta hurry!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:29 pm 
Cererean Princess

"Erin, Leon, will the berths survive reentry? It's no use if we discover that we're the only ones who survive," Luna said over the intercom, her voice urgent. "We don't want to end up with an almost Adam and Eve situation. But if we do..." She winked a Raf, her voice off the intercom for a moment.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next