Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: rp
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 am 
Shapechanger Dreamon

OOC: kk

IC: Ember Walked along the ship, stepping lightly with the low gravity. She wrote down on a piece of paper the exent of the damage to the ship, which was pretty bad state.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:30 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Wow, that's a mouthful!" Erin replied to Leon. "I don't think the Brutus part fits you though. . ." She was interrupted by Raf on the speakers.

. . .Have fun with your moonwalks.

"This should be interesting," Erin looked up at Leon. "Don't let me float off!" She winked at him, trying to get at least a grin from him.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:22 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: The Moon is 1/6, Mars is 2/5. Liquids in lower air pressure boil at lower temperatures.

IC: Luna heard Rafaelle over the radio. Oh no, the glass and liquid will make an even bigger mess and it will be harder to secure the embryos. She began strapping the embryos in when the gravity and air diminished.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:46 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon blushed beat red and strapped the safty belt on the wheelchair to Erin.

Th-that should hold, and I w-was an incubate. So my name was randomly generated b, by a computer. Ha, hold on tight.

As he said this he pushed off from the ground and gently steared the chair to it's landing place yards away from were they stood only moments before.
good we'er at the first room, let's go inside and c,co-collect the information we need.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:28 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
The ice wasn't so bad. Sure, there were some chunks about fifty times the size of their sizable ship, but all of the smaller asteroids were more potentially damaging to the ship and attracted to its micro-gravity. So he had to constantly add drift calculations so not to get in to much of a proximity to one. As the ship cleared a particularly large comet wannabe, the computer's 'Extraship Comm.' icon began flashing. Curious, Rafaelle clicked it. Unlike the looped message from earth the beeps and bops from this message were fast, concentrated and made no sense whatsoever, displaying random characters on the program.

"Eh, sorry to bother you Ember, but what would be wrong if the communicator went buggy? It started flashing and the message makes no sense. I know it operates on above standard radio frequencies with Morse code, but can it pick up quasars or something?" his voice echoed over Ember's tablet/monitor.

OOC: Thanks, dragonrider, I fixed it. I should have realized that, the site where I found the intelligence on these planets said that that planet had low gravity, so its chunks would be minimal in gravity also. But the ship has massive gravity as its size is tremendous. Not astronomically sized, but much larger than any currently existing air/spacecraft for sure.

Last edited by Jishdefish on Sun May 25, 2008 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:01 am 
Cererean Princess

OOC: The gravity would be neglible (unless your talking BIG for the ship), and the asteroid belt wouldn't be as dense.

IC: Luna finished securing the Embryos. There, that should stop them being damaged. After she'd done that she started to return to the bridge to see what she could do to help.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:59 am 
Shapechanger Dreamon

"Let me come take a look at it.... I've finished up my damage report anyways." Ember replied and began heading back towards Raf.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:03 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Alright then, no problems?" Raf, glancing at his limp hand, noticed that it had fallen off of the console. He hadn't even felt the difference. The numbness is spreading. The thought was chilling. Will I lose my arm to whatever this is? He focused back on-screen, checked his navigation instruments in the corner and adjusted the monitor. The distant star-like dot was now center-screen. Their new home, their last hope, is growing closer by the minute.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:33 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

"Actually," Ember said, walking into the room, "We have several issues."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:49 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Would you care to elaborate?" Raf still faced the screen, displaying the clearing asteroid field. Satisfied that their current course wasn't a collision course he turned his chair around to face her.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:31 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Erin placed her head in her hands when the wheelchair finally landed. The small jump had made her dizzy again. Without looking up she replied, "Yeh, sure. . .W-what exactly are we looking for again?" She lifted her head and looked around the room and then at Leon.
"I deal with plants, not humans," Erin said, almost apologetically.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Rp
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

"The supports in the ship are weakening. If we do not land soon, they might break." Ember began.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:25 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Will they last until we can land? Or are you suggesting we stop and launch the rowboats now?" Rafaelle set his working hand on his injured one self-consciously.

OOC: Again, your choice, they both have their pros and cons. The rowboats will be slower, but less exciting. At the same time, it allows for more development of the plot before one of the big reveals.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:45 pm 
Godsin Queen

Nothing too hard you just write down what I tell you to. I need three colums for now. Dead, healthy, and injured/sick. Just right down the names I give you undr the colums they'er under. Everyone should have their tags so I''l just hand you the tags and imform you of which colums to place their names under, and I'll wait for you to take as much time as you need since I relize you vision might still be slightly impared. How does that sound?

Leon told her without studdering, Now that it was back to buisness he didn't feel quite as nervous.

Then without waiting for an answer he began checking for tags on a nearby corps.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:03 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Erin just nodded in response to Leon. She grabbed the clipboard and fumbled with the pen. Her hands were still a bit shaky, but her handwriting was still legible. She labeled the paper: Healthy, Dead, Injured/Sick. Just as she was instructed. While Leon gathered information from a nearby body, Erin looked around.
"You think they would have better prepared us for such things. . ." she commented sadly. "All of this technology, and we're hardly any better off than the plants."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:26 am 
Cererean Princess

"Anything I can do?" Luna said as she walked into the bridge. "And can someone bring me up to speed on the plan?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:32 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon let out a dry emationless laugh.

Thats just it. They didn't want us prepaired. We'er suposed to be bred to adapt. We'er the last resort of a dieing world. It's something they've been tring to hide for over a milinia, but you can see the truth if you look a little further into the tanged web of their sociaty. Why do you thiink we were sent here? It definatly wasn't for exploration. Danial Conner, Beth Mithla, Bithan cotten, and brandy tork all dead. For now it was bussness as useual for Leon, and that was how he funtioned best.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:31 am 
Solitary Serpent

Erin cringed slightly at Leon's laugh. It didn't seem natural. It sounded force, like he was simply giving her the response he thought she expected.
"Daniel. Beth. Bithan. Brandy. Dead. Dead. Dead. And dead." Erin placed the names in their proper slots. "This is a very depressing job," Erin stated sadly. She let out a sigh.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:41 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon glance over at Erin then quickly went back to his work.I rather not think about it. I know it sounds heartless, but I can't, I. If I stopped to think about every dead patient here I don't think I'd be able to funtion. It's always hard to see life lost. So I just block it out. It's something you just get used to doing as a Medic. You remeber the ones you saved, not whatr you couldn't. That's why I've been alone in life, attachments just make the job harder, that and, uh, well never mind. Forget about what I said my feelings arn't importaint. These people are.

Leon blushed tring his best to hide it. He couldn't believe himself he'd never just spilled out his feelings to anyone, about anything. Now he had almost told her how he'd lacked the confadince to speak to people epsecialy to women. It was the bigest reason he was such a lonener.

Uh, Sa,Sabastine Ba,Binkly, Ter-ra Mcdanial, Uh, Awford, Mcl-oud. Lilly Corrsob, Samantha. Uh, B,Beckingham. All dead. Oh, and Uh, c-could you make a N-note on a seperat sheet. Ma-Most of the dead here have an odd skin dicoloration, or some kind of gr-growth of some kind. Maybe even a rash. I'll na-need to look in. uh, to that l-later. He quickly changed the subject, and his shy stuttering came back with it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:32 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Erin struggled somewhat to understand the names Leon stuttered out, but she did not ask him to repeat himself. She didn't deal much with humans either, but something told her if she asked him to repeat things, it would only make it worse.
"Got 'em. . .Wait. . .discoloration?" she inquired, finally looking up from her clipboard. Erin looked directly at Leon, avoiding looking at the bodies that were in front of them.
"What color are they?" Erin figured Leon probably thought she was crazy for asking. She had eyes. She could check for herself. Just something about the dead bother her, gave her chills.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:53 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon looked over at Erin then back at the corspes, the look she gave him said it all so he didn't try pressing it any further.Uh, it's a, a yellowish, uh kinda sc-scaly almost. I, I'll need to take samples later when I have the equipment to see what it is. Oh, and n,note that it could posibly be some kind of stasis sickness. It l,looks like this whole cector of pods were effected by whatever it is. Leon was filled with the curiousity with this new mystery at hand and whiped out his medical light and slipped on some gloves to take a closer look at one of the corpses. Then he bent over it and forced one of it's eyes open, and looked into it.

I sugest you keep your distance, I've been vacinated with every viral strand ever known to man so I have a high chance of being emune to whatever this is. They didn't have the resorces to do the whole crew but they figured it would be a good idea to make sure the doctor was good and covered. We don't know what this is or how it'll spread so to be safe pull your uniform over your nose and mouth and try not to breath to hard. They didn't think of packing sanitation masks which is beyond my undestanding. Then again there isn't much about this mission I agreed to to begen with. Oh, and please also note that there is a pinkish discoloration to the irises of the infected members. We might have to quarenentine the stasis pod area if this proves to be too bad. I'm sorry I, I'm going to fast arn't I? I, I tend to do that when I get inveloped in my work, I.... I live off of figuring these things out.

Leon caught himself opening up to her again and quickly went back to the job at hand while tring his best not to seem harsh about it, he named off the rst of the crewmembers in the room everyone of them dead. Then he looked back at Erin and relized he might have been ignoring her. Which made him feel even worse.
Uh, you know, we can take a break if this is too uncomfortable for you. I, I kn-know it's not something you'er used to.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:27 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Erin held her shirt over her mouth as instructed and began to scribble notes on her notepad, trying to keep up with everything Leon said. She didn't even noticed when Leon asked her if she needed a break. She was reading back over the notes. Erin re-read the symptoms Leon had rattled off. Her eyes lit up, and she looked up at Leon suddenly, dropping her shirt from her face.
"I can help you with this!" Her eyes were wide with excitement. "If it spreads, that is. Botany!. . .Botanist!. . .Plants. . .can. . .can. . ." She bounced as she tried to explain what was going through her head.
"A cure! Treatment! From the plants. I can do it!" Erin looked at Leon and smiled. "Of course, it wouldn't be any help to them," she gestured towards the pods.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:20 am 
Godsin Queen

Leon was a bit shocked but her sudden burst of excitment and actuly jumed back in suprise. Then when she explained herself all fear he had faded away, and he even managed to crack a small smile.

With the amount of casulties in just this room, I'd just about bet on us dealing with a highly contagous virus. and, with the two of us working on this things, it should go a lot smoother.
There are a pile of vaccenation samples in the lad, but even if one of them do work there's nothing to assure they'll be enough to help the whole crew. A herble remady to the proublem would be perfect since the plant life on board is a renewable resorce, unlike the vacen samples. hopefuly I'm wrong though, If some kind of contagen is lose on the ship our chances of surving will be even more slim than they already were. Keep your mouth and nose covered. It's not the best protection, but hopefuly it will keep you from getting whatever this is.
Ok, now let's head over to the next pod containment.
Leon bounced over to her wheel chair and took to the stearing handles on the back, and begain to roll her out of the room as best he could with the loss of gravity control.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:56 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: Well, after 3 months I think I can safely say that ember is not going to be back for a while yet. I'll switch her character over to an NPC if thats okay with everyone.

IC: Rafaelle looked at the notes she had taken on the tablet she had given him, and watched out of the corner of his eye as she skimmed over the error message.

"Ok, not the most perfect of situations, but the ship should hold out until we make landfall. The nuclear engines sprouted a leak about a hundred years back and they've eaten up a good amount of the main bracing, but as long as we don't maneuver around too quickly it shouldn't become compromised." He tried not to think of that as he talked into the monitor's speaker. "We're not going to launch the boats however, they're too close to the engine, we could all get radiation sickness or they mightn't be vacuum-tight anymore. It's too risky."

Raf tried to keep his cool. It is really going to be just as risky to take the Element through reentry...

"So, any luck on your end, Leon?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon fiddled with the radio on his wrist for a moment, and pressed the button to give a return signal.

Uh, unfortunatly I think we only have more bad new for you. The seems to be a virus on the ship. So far we can acount for over 20 casualties caused by it alone. We will more than likely need to quarentine the ship. We'll need to find some live patients with the same symptomes as the corpses. To studdy it further. Hopeful between the two of us we'll be able find a way to nip this in the butt before it before it becomes even more of a desaster than it already is. It seems that this virus was contracted durring stasis, but I'll need to investigate further to know for sure.

Leon reported.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next