Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: rp
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:11 am 
Shapechanger Dreamon

"Probably," Ember said, "I'll see what I can do." Ember walked over to the computer and started working. Her fingers flew across the keyboard as she worked.
"Done!" she announced, stepping back, "But you need to read quickly, we can only access these files for seven minutes at the maximum. Hurry!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:10 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Excellent. I'll be brief." Rafaelle clicked a few keys and brought up the Gliese 581 solar system on holographic display. Three planets orbited around the red dwarf star; two very closely, and a third much further out. Raf pointed to the second planet out. "That planet, Cleo or Gliese 581 c, was our destination." Now he pointed to the closest planet to the star. "This one is obviously out, it is way too close to the star, and is theorized to be much like Sol's Mercury." He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "We don't have the time nor equipment to Terranize any planets to suit our needs."

Everyone's eyes drifted to the last planet out from the star; clouded and gray it didn't seem to be very hopeful. "So, that leaves Dia, which was once considered somewhat Earth-like, until the late 21st century when a deep space probe sent out readings that while it had temperatures similar to our home planet due to heavy amounts of greenhouse gases, it was without water or oxygen." Looking up now, he walked forward until he was between the Cleo and Dia. Drawing with his hands he continued. "I suppose our only hope is that Cleo's destruction was great enough to send large chunks of its icy self out far enough to Dia." He paused.

"If not, we don't have enough supplies or oxygen to survive long enough to get anywhere else. Normally, we could try and locate further planets, or even expire all our nuclear fuel in a compacted explosion to make a push for Earth, but with the safety of the pods and computer compromised that is now out of the question." He quickly shut down the link now that he was finished, and looked around at the rest of them. "Any questions?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:00 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon didn't see a very large survival rate in their future, and suddenly worring about how to save those still stuck in their tanks seem like a rather small proublem in comparison to what was now being told.

If the ship is repairable, and the air somewhat breathable maybe we could bunk on the planet long enough to make to repairs to make our way to a more livable planet to spend out our lives. Even if we somehow made it back to earth, they proubly wouldn't welcome us there anyways,but I don't see us living on that paticular planet for very long. Not unless theres someway to build a contaption to convert the gasses already there into clean air. Nor will plants on board won't keep us alive unless we can find some way to mass produce them.

Leon spoke up, his voice quivering,his eyes never leaving the floor.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:16 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Yes, repairing the ship seems like the most likely option. We should be able to find metals, as the planet is somewhat terrestrial. We could rig up some oxygen tanks to explore. We shouldn't need suits, because the planet has a similar atmospheric pressure." Rafaelle knew there was a slight chance for survival, but doubt was still lingering. How much oxygen did they actually have left? Would the plants survive after that drop in pressure and air? How much was left in the bio-stasis tanks? Every little bit was going to count, but how could he conserve it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:55 am 
Solitary Serpent

Erin's body relaxed as she felt the crawly things disappearing. The darkness still surrounded her, but she could hear voices. Clearer now. Closer. Little by little, everything came back to her. Where she had been, what she was doing, what had happen. It suddenly came together like pieces of a puzzle. Erin suddenly jolted halfway upright.
"The plants!" She shot a hand out and grabbed Leon's arm. A sudden wave of dizziness hit her, and she slumped back onto the stretcher. Still tugging on Leon, she weakly tried to raise herself off the stretcher.
"The plants. . .gotta go. . .plants. . .," she mumbled as she struggled to rise.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:42 pm 
Godsin Queen

Leon jumped in surprise as something grasped tightly to his arm. When he looked over he saw that it was the woman he'd treated only moments before. She despartly cried for them to let her go tend to her plants. The sudden shock of the situation threw the poor medic for a loop. He was usually fine with female patients, unless he actuly had to talk to them.

Ma,Ma, Ma'am, I, I can't a-loow you ta to ga go anyweer right now. you, h-have lost a lot of blood, and, uh, you, uh need to rest.

He tryed to calm the woman down, but his mouth didn't want to move along to what he had to say. To make matters worse he was blushing with emberasment. He only guessed that it was going to make maters worse.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:22 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Erin, Erin!" He took ahold of her hand, prying it off Leon's arm. "The plants are as good as they're going to get for now, they have air and are otherwise in much better shape then you. Right now rest so you can take care of them later. You'll need all of your strength when we land. The gravity of the planet is almost 7 times that of Earth and our artificial gravity.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:29 pm 
Solitary Serpent

The room seemed to be spinning, and Erin's vision was blurry.
"Raf?" she called to the figure in front of her. Suddenly, someone pulled her hand away.
"Raf?!" she tried to grab onto Leon again, thinking it was the captain. But then, she recognized the voice speaking to her.
"Captain?" Erin now clung to Rafealle instead. "My plants. . .? Planet?. . .We landed? We made it?. . ." Erin blinked rapidly, trying to clear her vision. It wasn't helping.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:35 am 
Godsin Queen

Leon let out a sigh of relief when Raf took over the situation, his face still red with embarament. He could only hope that no one else had noticed, and now that he was out of the spot light he was free to be angery at himself for his own bashfulness. He started by fussing himself out within his own thoughts.

"why do I always do that? It's not like they'er alians! Besides it's not natural to be nervous about every single girl you meet. It's not like any of them actuly like me anyways. You can't be a doctor and be scared of the opposite sex! It just doesn't work like that! I'm such an idiot!"

At least at the rate he was going he wasn't so worried about the life-treatening issues at hand.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:59 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

The word 'captain' stung him. He didn't like it somehow, like he stole it from the real leader who died in stasis or the cold of space. "No, no, not yet, but soon. It won't be for very long and it's not the planned planet, but we will be on solid ground very soon." Raf gave her hand a slight squeeze and let it go. "Alright, first things first. I'll need eyes and ears along the ship. Ember I'll need you to check on the main engine silo for leaks and problems as I adjust our course. Also, Doctor Leon, there seems to be a virus on the ship, and it seems to have killed some people in their pods. We need to know if it is a threat, and any possible symptoms. Luna, you can assist him in helping the injured and on his investigations. I know it's not your field, but we're a little shorthanded."

Rafaelle walked up to the computer, bent down and pulled out a shelf. He pulled out two computer tablets, turning each of them on. They showed the floor of the bridge. "We can keep in contact with these. They connect directly with the main computer, and also the sound should be shared between them to, so it'll be just like we're in the same room." He handed one to Ember and another to Leon. "They're pretty easy to handle. Almost automatic."

OOC: I'll PM you each a few details to start out with. Feel free to insert any non-player characters if you need them. (i.e. patients for the doctor, assistants for the mechanic.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:14 am 
Solitary Serpent

"And what about me?" Erin was once again trying to stand. And failing miserably.
"I wanna help too. . ." Erin fell back onto the stretcher. She cursed under her breath as the room spun again. She still couldn't see clearly either, and she grew more frustrated with herself with every failed attempt to stand.

OOC: Sorry for such a short post. . .

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:47 pm 
Godsin Queen

ya, you can help chart down the names of the surviving crewmembers. I'll, I'll g-get a wheelchair from the med bay.

Before anyone could give an answer Leon rushed bilndly to the medical bay and began to fumble around in the medical closet. It was filled verious medications and equipment, and was as large as the bridge if not bigger. Finaly after what seem like an eternal search, He found a single chair close to the back. He hoped that this wasn't the only wheelchair onboard. Remembering how much time he'd took he hurried back to the bridge and begain to set the wheelchair up for Erin.

At least this way I can keep an eye on my patient while I check up on the rest, and we'll know she won't do anything drastic. Am I r-right? He asked and looked over at Erin knowing how much her pride might be hurting, it was the only thing he could think of to help the situation.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:19 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Rafaelle picked at the keyboard with his one hand, eventually making a side monitor flare to life, then short out. He tried another, and it worked fine, if a little color stained from a warped screen. "Yes, there's enough RAM for us both to work without any delay, Erin. I just hope most of the channels are in better shape than the one to the Atrium." He checked the camera and mike on the top, and they worked as well, and were in a little better shape than the screen.

He turned to Ember, Luna, and the doctor, who had finished awkwardly lifting Erin to her chair. "Well, chop-chop! I need my people looked after and the engine checked up on. We can't land without either."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:00 am 
Solitary Serpent

"But I don't want a wheelchair!" Erin protested. She was used to doing things on her own. "I can walk. I can. . .I'm fine." Erin was determined not to give up. She did not like the idea of having to let someone push her along. She tried to lift herself from the wheelchair. But the rolling of the chair didn't help with her dizzyness, and she soon slumped back down in the chair.
"Damn it!" She weakly slammed her fist down on the arm of the chair. She squeezed her blurry eyes shut.
"I don't want a wheelchair. . ." she growled, her voice cracky and shaky as if she was on the verge of tears.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: rp
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:34 am 
Shapechanger Dreamon

Ember nodded grimly.
"I need to go check the damage that the ship has taken. I'll be back later with a report."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:26 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Would you do any better with crutches or do you want to go back to the stretcher?" He glanced at Embermoon and nodded, and she presumably exited the room. "Those are your choices and you'll have to live with them until you are back to normal. The nanites may have healed your injuries but your mind has yet to convince itself you are better."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:31 am 
Solitary Serpent

Erin went limp in the chair.
"I'll use this," she said, trying to ease the shakiness in her voice. She did not want the crew to see her cry. She didn't look at any of the others. Erin knew she was too weak to walk or use crutches, so she knew that staying in the wheelchair waas her best bet.
"Let's go," she said to the others, still not looking up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:06 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Very well then." He inwardly sighed, being tough on people was hard on him. Rafaelle swiftly returned to the computer and sat down in the small tight chair, a pitiful surrogate compared to the ones shown on old scifi shows; it was much to small for the large console. Engaging the engine controls was easy, just shutting off a few safeguard protocols, as the computer had walked him through many times, but the hard part was the navigation program. It was origionally intended only for the planned flight, point A, Earth, to point B, Cleo. For some reason or other, a point C had been added from some glitch in the software, it was nearly half the trip back and seemed to have far reaching electromagnetic effects that had caused the ship to malfunction in an attempt to avoid them. Struggling with the confusing computer code and constant beeping of false collision warnings, he managed to add a point D, and plot out a course to it, avoiding the remains of Cleo, large chunks of ice and dust that seemed everywhere. Absorbed in his work, noticed nothing else but the throbbing of the ships engines and the readouts flashing in front of him.

OOC: Think of these posts as sort of a character development opportunity, see what you can do to explore your character as things play out.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:35 pm 
Cererean Princess

"What do you need me to do?" Luna asked Leon. "I haven't really got a job to do until we land and start unfreezing and growing the animal embry-" She stopped. "The animal embroys. They might be damaged." She turned to go down a corridor. "I've got to go check on them," she said before running off down the corridor.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:37 pm 
Cererean Princess

"What do you need me to do?" Luna asked Leon. "I haven't really got a job to do until we land and start unfreezing and growing the embry-" She stopped. "The embryos. They might be damaged." She turned to go down a corridor. "I've got to go check on them," she said before running off down the corridor.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:49 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc:sorry for my dissaperance, I've got a lot going on, I won't be able to get on very much at all until a lot later on in the summer, please try to work around me if you must, but I will try my best to post when I can.

Ic: With Luna gone to do her own thing Leon wheeled the chair on into the hallway and onto their destination. He could feel the akward sorrow that Erin had over her brocken pride, and tried his best to comfort her. Mostly by making sure he didn't look down at her

I'll, g-give you a moment alone if you fa feel like ya you need it. he whispered to her when he thought they were out of earshot of any of the others.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:17 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Don't worry, Pandora. You're not the only one who's disappeared. This site's been dead for a while. . .

IC: "No, we have work to do. Let's go," Erin replied to the doctor. A hint of anger could be heard in her voice. She was definitely unhappy with her conditions. What she really wanted to do was check on her plants. She decided the best thing to do was to take her mind off of it.
"So, doc. What'd you say your name was? I don't think I caught it. . ." Erin tried to lighten her mood, but being sociable was not one of her high points. . .

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:54 am 
Cererean Princess

I'm assuming they haven't had the advances in robotics neccersary for embryo space colonisation. Do they have artificial wombs by this time? If not I'll amend my post.

IC: Luna ran down the corridors, trying to remember where the embryo lab was. If only we could turn off the fake gravity she said under her breath. It would help a lot.

She got to the lab and looked inside. Mayhem. Most of the artificial wombs had smashed so it would be vegitarian for everyone for the first few years, maybe a decade. They wouldn't be able to unfreeze the other human embryos for a while. Unless they used the old way of using a human surragate mother.

Luna checked on the embryos. They had lost half the human ones, the entire load of pig ones, the horse ones were severely depleted, and the others had lost various numbers, but thankfully none of the other species had all been smashed. No bacon for anyone now she thought.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 pm 
Godsin Queen

Uh, my n-name? It's L,Leon. Leon Brutus Bashkavell. I, Uh, We really s-should ga get to work.
Leon had turned a bright red, and handed Erin a clip board. It was an ago old board that hadn't been seen for ceturies. It was made of some kind of wooded material and had an oldfashion ink pen chained to it.

First we need to do sort of like a ra roll call and see who's with us, who's dead, who's well, and who's n-not. Then we'll go back around and try to treat those with the worst enguries. As soon as he started concetrating on his work more his stuttering stopped, but he tried to keep up the act in hopes she wouldn't relize how intemadating she was to him.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:12 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Eh, can everyone hear me?" The monitor asked, Rafaelle's voice hollow over the channel. "Air pressure and gravity are about to drop by at least 50%. I'm slowing the rotation rate of the magnetic regulators to increase engine output. It should help the injured as well, unless they're bleeding of course, because liquid pressure will be affected too. Have fun with your moonwalks." A creaking sound emanated from the entire ship as it's own weight was relieved from it. It was ominous in the silence, but soon everyone felt the effects too, and the the fear was replaced by a tingling exuberance at the extra energy not being spent in just living.

OOC: Keep in mind, gravity is only reduced by 50%. Any fall will be in slow motion, but you will still fall. Not quite moon gravity which I think is like a quarter of Earth's but it would still feel pretty dang good. Unless your char has a bad case of altitude sickness.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next