Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:27 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Rhel's flame sockets widened slightly, but he said nothing, motioning for them to be quiet and to follow. Now that the hubbub had died down, the Dreamons in pursuit could be heard in every rustle or howl buried by the wind. He led them to a cave near where the tree had been. It was naturally blended with the terrain, but even then had a camouflage of leaves and dirt woven together into a door of sorts. Only a small hole remained unhidden that looked suspiciously like an animal abode. The smell of week-old rotting meat and animal urine clogged nostrils and made breathing uncomfortable. "To hide any scents." He whispered. Rhel opened the foliage door and entered after them, closing it. Some ways down the cave a small hole in the roof opened up, allowing fresh air in. He told them that it was in the side of a bluff and was in no danger of being discovered. Sighing, he sat down on a bundle of straw. "So, what's the story? How did they find you?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:13 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Flege was still too far away to hear what Embermoon said but was close enough to catch the last word. As he got closer he noticed that the dragon had a sword stuck in its horn which was removed by Embermoon shortly after. Embermoon motioned for him to follow and then tried to tell the dragon something under her breath. Flege picked up everything that Embermoon said though. Leader of the shapechangers?! Is that what she is?

The dragon led them though a cave. As soon as they entered, a horrible smell assaulted Flege's nostrils almost making him gag. Flege was relieved when they reached some fresh air. He listened to the dragon telling them that they were hidden. Hidden from what though? What could scare a dragon?

Flege waited patiently for Embermoon to answer the dragon's questions.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: rp
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:15 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

Embermoon sighed then started her story.
"It started about two days ago, when I had stopped in a small town for provisions. I was unlucky enough that the two shadow dreamons were in the same shop, waiting for me. I believe they knew where I was because There was an incident in one of the towns I had been to earlier in the week." Embermoon avoided telling the other dreamon what the incident was, she knew it would probably put her in more danger.
"So, then you must have seen them chasing me at some point. They kept sending out their anti-magic to me, weakening me greatly. That is my story." She waited for the dreamon's reaction.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:36 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Rec had almost dozed off when he heard others rustling past him. Luckily, they had not seen him. But he saw them clearly. Two dreamons and a human. He was dressed in otherwordly garments and smelled different too.
That's gotta be him, Rec thought. He waited until they were out of sight, then followed their trail. It led to a small (stinky) animal borough. Rec scanned the area. Something was off. They couldn't just disappear, and the hole was too small for even the human. Being a mercenary had taught him one thing: things aren't always what they seem. With tha in mind, Rec pick at the leaves and sticks above the hole. They moved. He pulled some more and a whole panel moved. It was a door! He pried it open a little further and slipped in, shutting the door behind him. He blended in with the shadows along the wall. The only thing to be seen of him was his glowing, yellow eyes. And he closed them and moved along quietly, slowly, using his other senses to guide him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:41 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

Embermoon paused. She had smelled something else on the air......
A light dreamon?! Embermoon hissed softly and drew her sword and motioned at the other dreamon to ready his weapon. Why does every dreamon in the area have to attack at once? she thought. She waited for the dreamon to get closer.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:13 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
At Embermoon's alarm, he sniffed and smelled it too. He tightened his grip on his spear, but made no motion to do much else, he didn't want their company to know he was aware, so he would approach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:14 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Flege sensed that something else was nearby. He scanned the area, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He found nothing. Why does trouble keep following me.

Flege took off his bookbag and got ready the best he could.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:20 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Even with his eyes closed, Rec stuck to the shadows and avoided making any sounds. He was a master at this.
Rec heard voices ahead and slowed his pace. He wouldn't be any suprised if they were onto him. Dreamons could be very sensitive. He continued til he was right on the edge of the light. Nothing was revealed of him. Sensing the light, he slowly dimmed it, leaving the others in darkness.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:25 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

Embermoon saw the light dim and her keen eyes adjusted to the darkness she saw something creeping along the wall, continuing to get closer. She let it creep forward a couple more feet then she lept onto the light dreamon, slashing at it with her sword.
"Attack!" she commanded the fire dreamon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:03 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Quick as lightning, Rec pulled out one of his knives and drove it into the girl-dreamon's leg. He manage to throw her off of him, slamming her against the cave wall. He grabbed his knife again, and climbed up the cave walls. Her sword had caught him in the shoulder making the climb difficult. He manage to dig his claws into the wall, and clambered to the ceiling, hanging upside-down above them. It was totally dark now, and Rec closed his eyes once more to hide.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:43 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Rhel dug his spear into a pile of oiled rags next to the straw, straightened it and lit it with his breath as the room darkened. Before the light dreamon could snuff the light of it, he had seen what he needed and lunged at him, spear glinting underneath the flame. A satisfying squelch of metal meeting flesh followed and the room lightened for a split second as the dreamon lost his concentration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:12 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

Embermoon gasped as a knife lodged itself in her leg. The pain made her dizzy, she was already weak from all the fighting she had been doing, and the anti-magic had not yet faded completely from her system. She saw the fire dreamon dig his spear into the light dreamon, who was climbing up the cave walls. She saw the human standing without a weapon. She grimaced as she pulled the knife from her leg. She tossed it onto the floor next to the human.
"Use it and defend yourself!" she shouted to the human then formed herself into a pony-sized red dragon and attacked the light dreamon with her claws, teeth, and flame.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:42 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Embermoon, Rec took the knife from your leg. He has it with him.

IC: Rec gasped as the spear entered his back. His eyes shot open. Suddenly, a small red dragon attack him. Rec clung desperately to the ceiling while trying to fight off the mini-dragon. As a last attempt, Rec took advantage of the fire dreamon's light. The flame became a bright white light, blinding everyone in the room. Seizing his chance, Rec jumped from the ceiling, grabbed the human, and headed for the exit leaving a trail of blood behind him. Only when he was out of the door did the light dim. Rec painfully took to the sky, human in tow, looking for a nearby cloud to land on

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:26 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

"NO!" Embermoon Shouted as the human was dragged out the door. She yelled and lept out of the door, turning into a full-sized red dragon and pursued the light dreamon. He musn't get away! she thought fursoisly The human must be important for him to sustain such injury for it

OOC: whoops sorry :P

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Flege struggled at first, but as soon as he was airborne, he stopped. Why did I have to get captured by something that can fly? Just close your eyes and don't look down.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: How do you know he's a light dreamon? Wouldn't the blackness of his scales confuse you a bit?

IC: Rec soon saw that he had a follower. And apparently, it was a shapeshifter.
"This just keeps getting better and better!" He smiled down at the human.
If I could capture a shapeshifter, I could ask for any bounty I wanted! A wicked gleam came into his bright yellow eyes. Without warning, he suddenly toss the human and caught him with his back claws, holding the man by his arms. Rec reached down and grabbed the knife from his leg sheath. After he gain a little more altitude, he turned around, tucked his wings in, and zoomed full speed back toward the shapeshifter.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:54 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

OOC: here are the clues that she put together to find out what he was.

1. looks like a dragon
2. Yellow orb eyes which emit light (She saw them when you fled)
3.you controlled the light!

IC: Embermoon was shocked when she saw the Light dreamon turn around and fly at her, and she could not breath fire on him without hitting the human, so she waited, hovering on the air, and turned back into her natural form. She drew her sword and prepared to fight in the air.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:58 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Yeh, I thought about all of those after I posted that. Sorry, my brain's on vacation.

IC: Just as the shifter pulled her sword, Rec hit. He barrel-rolled around her, somersaulted, and droved his knife through and down her wing. Keeping hold hold of the knife, REc allowed himself to freefall.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: RP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:50 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

OOC:heh

IC: Embermoon shreiked in pain and went unconsious, for the pain was too much for her already-weakened body.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:34 pm 
Solitary Serpent

As the shifter began to fall, Rec spread his wings once again to slow his fall. He caught the unconscious shifter in his arms and began to ascend once again into the clouds.
Too easy, he thought to himself. He let out a laugh as he thouhgt of what bounty he could ask for for thetwo of them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: OOC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:51 pm 
Shapechanger Dreamon

OOC: Hey fire dreamon! Now would be a good time to step in! :D :D :roll: :D :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:15 am 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Give him time. Not everybody is able to get on everyday. Jish will post sson enough. You just have to be patient.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:50 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Flege yelled out in pain as he was dropped then caught by his arms. To make matters worse, he now saw the ground rising up to meet him. He also noticed Embermoon getting hurt, becoming unconscious, and being captured by the same being who captured him.

(Just out of curiosity: How does Rec's employers know about Flege?)

Last edited by flege2 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:21 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Rhel blinked the pain out of his surrogate eyes as best he could. Everything was a blur of the sharp red and green that comes with flashes of extremely bright light. It took him a few minutes to realize what happened and he took to the skies as the shapechanger was captured. "Greedy B****** isn't he?" The fire dreamon spoke under his breath, smiling slightly as he noticed his new quarry struggling to keep aloft with two hostages. He was wounded, and should have known better. With quite a few beats of his wings, he was above the oddly colored light dreamon and satisfied with waiting out the inevitable failing of those black colored wings of his. Then he would play the hero and save the damsel and human.

OOC: So you do still have both of them, yes? It seemed to be so when I read your posts, where you tossed and caught the human with your back claws. Flege seems to think otherwise if I'm not mistaken.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:47 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

(If you're talking about the ground rushing toward him, that's from Rec dive bombing Embermoon.)

Flege started having difficulties breathing as they ascended into the clouds. He was having trouble keeping conscience.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next