Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:25 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Ashten heard the announcement, as well as saw the brothers' retreat back to their rooms. Packing his things was very easy, he carried his few possesions on a belt that dangled into his suit. He turned to the Dragyn. "I heard you say earlier that you weren't originally part of this group. Would you care to elaborate on your history? If you do not want to give any details I would understand of course." He didn't fully want to be mind 'pinged,' (as he had seen her and the holy knight's little chat,) but if that was how he had to gain their trust, as well as their information, he had to make some sacrifices.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:03 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Abyss found himself surprisingly short of words as he shrugged and descended from the chair. With a yawn he stretched his arms wide, relieving the tension in his shoulders a little and revealing a set of very noticeable clearly inhuman fangs. With the flick of a wrist he adjusted his crimson cloak and leaned against one of the building's support beams, arms crossed (having finished his apple). Staying in his human form was beginning for so long was "I was not with the former party, but news of the events reached me even on the edges of the Wasted Desert and I saw fit to investigate. As for myself, the only thing that you or anyone really needs to know, for your own safety is that I have... personal interest in seeing Dessius' evil stopped. I'm just a wandering soul trying to make up for some past mistakes."

That was the only answer Ashten would get from the Nether Dragyn for now. Perhaps when he had come to know him a little better he'd be more willing to open up. For the time being he grinned and added as a last thought, "In short, I am a bit of an enigma. A good one, to be sure, but an enigma nonetheless- for the time being. But I assure you that in time, you will know more." Without anything further Abyss disappeared in a cloud of crimson fire and smoke, leaving behind a very confused and startled Ashten.

He reappeared outside the inn. It was cool out, but nothing that he couldn't handle. With a yawn he stretched and as he did so he felt his limbs lengthen and felt a cooling tinge as ebony scales washed over his skin. A black fog engulfed him as his tunic, trousers, cloak and boots all disappeared and from his back a set of immense black and ivory wings sprung, white, bone-like spikes dotting his spine. Another yawn followed as the fog dissipated and he stretched out on the grass beside the inn, calmly folding his paws. A crack broke the heavy evening silence as he tilted his head from side to side, stretching his elegant neck and laid his head on his paws. It felt good to be back in his true form, it was difficult to keep up his humanness for so long.

Abyss would sleep, for now, but not completely. The red eye stayed wide open as he slipped into slumber. Though he didn't trust Pitchblade completely, he also needed the rest. Something told him that these were good people, and if he was to be of any good to them he'd need to regain some of the sleep he'd lost getting here. And so with little other thought he stretched out beside the inn, his wings drooping over his back almost like a blanket.

They're quite aware of what they're going through"
--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:22 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Ashten found himself startled as the Dragyn caught alight and disappeared. Well, so much for a good conversation. But he was none-the-less releaved that he didn't get mind swiped. That's a bit odd that word of the group didn't reach here until they were brought in. Maybe some people could tell that I was alive all that time. He snapped out of his thoughts, now was not the time to be thinking, he needed reconnaissance. It wouldn't do to just turn to someone else and start talking, or would it?

Done with his armor, he set the rag down and took a seat next to the holy knight, Celestial. With a bit of humor in his voice he said: "So, the Dragyn's a bit touchy eh?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:43 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Tarin went back to her room, the day was still young, in her mind anyway, and she had things to gather. one look at her herb bag and she knew she would have to replenish her supplies. she took her little hooked herb gathering knife and went back downstairs. strolling through the common room she opened the door and stepped outside. The light was still there, then again it never went away. always a perpetual glow in the sky. She wondered how much of it was really the sunlight and how much of it was due to some arcane magicks.

Tarin had noticed a clump of murkweed and some snow lilies earlier and she went about gathering them up. before long she came to a small pool along the side of which the snow lilies were flowering. she grabbed a handful of them and with a swift move cut the stalks. she gathered them into a small basket she had with her and moved on.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:22 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Jishdefish wrote:
Done with his armor, he set the rag down and took a seat next to the holy knight, Celestial. With a bit of humor in his voice he said: "So, the Dragyn's a bit touchy eh?"

Touchy...haha I wouldn't that, he is just... battle harden.

Celestial said said while trying to watch what he says.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:05 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"What's the matter, he can't hear you, he teleported." Looks like he's not the only jumpy one. He drew his sword, and his reflection scarred by the name engraved upon the cold metal. He quickly turned it over, and began polishing it, he was awaiting the day he would run it through Dessius's heart, the way that he had so easily cut out his own. This was the most promising of leads. Finally that bastard would get what he deserved. "So, are you ready for the darkness of this land? Do you have charms against the undead?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:01 am 
Legendary Warrior

Jishdefish wrote:
"What's the matter, he can't hear you, he teleported." Looks like he's not the only jumpy one. He drew his sword, and his reflection scarred by the name engraved upon the cold metal. He quickly turned it over, and began polishing it, he was awaiting the day he would run it through Dessius's heart, the way that he had so easily cut out his own. This was the most promising of leads. Finally that bastard would get what he deserved. "So, are you ready for the darkness of this land? Do you have charms against the undead?"

I'm not jumpy... Besides, it is easy to hear people even when you teleport.

Celestial said as he laid down on the floor.

I'm all ways ready and I don't need lucky charms. Why? The undead can easily be destroyed. You know, when you really think about it, we are all undead. I mean undead is the opposite of being dead and so is being alive. Sooo technically, we are all undead.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:11 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"That is an interesting sentiment, most especially for a holy knight." If he had eyebrows he would have raised them in question, but instead slowed his polishing. "And by charms I meant magic, holy water, stakes, or silver. Not all undead are despatched so easily." Ashten had found that out on the original trip to this grim inn, even then the roads weren't safe.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:21 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Why does everybody say that? Why is it that every time I go somewhere people only see what I am instead of who I am? Anywho, I will rephrase my statement, undead can and will be destroyed. Maybe not easily but it will get done. I've had tough battles in my past too ya know.

Celestial said as he stared at the ceiling.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:29 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Abyss rolled over and yawned, opening both eyes as he stretched his wings. He had been tossing and turning since lying down and had as yet been unable to get a proper wink of sleep. It may have had something to do with the malicious, lurid voice in the back of his mind that kept interrupting his dreams. "I swear, if people didn't know me right, they'd think I was stark raving bloody mad at times," he said to himself as he stretched his paws out far in front of him in a cat-like pose. With another yawn he resolved himself to the fact that he wasn't getting any sleep tonight and stood. For the time being he opted to remain in dragon form, that is, until he noticed the one of their merry party on her own along the pool. The Nether Dragyn felt his brow furrow in sincere concern. Allowing his more chivalrous side to kick in (as it did from time to time) and stretching one last time he made the decision to shift to his human form, not wanting to possibly scare her if she hadn't seen him when she stepped outside.

And so when the black fog dissipated Abyss quietly made his way over to the pool and stopped a few feet from where she now stood, leaning against a tree partially in a show of giving her a personal bubble and partially for his own comfort (he was still a little groggy). "You must forgive my affrontry, but I do believe you missed some," he said with a small smile as he pointed to a small clump of oddly-shaped, red flowers at her feet. "If I am not much mistaken, I believe those are Cuckhold's Horns. They come in handy in helping with bleeding and gashes." In response to her questioning (dare he say annoyed?) expression, he added, "I've been in this place enough times to know that it is not exactly the best of places for a lady to go about unattended- especially in the dim light of the VERY early morning. Well, that and I can't sleep, and frankly I don't feel like hanging around with the two knights in the inn. Something tells me they'd have a field day barbecuing me for lunch." He was being, in true Abyss fashion, forthrightly honest.

In truth, the Dragyn was not trying to be an annoyance at all, but simply to offer someone to walk with. He did not sense any evil in Tarin, and that was good, but he somehow felt that she had seen enough almost to rival half of his own experiences (which was more than eighty percent of humans could say), and he knew that at times when he felt overwhelmed, it was nice to have someone to talk to, or in this case to walk with. And on the more practical side, if anyone should cross her, who would really mess with a dragon in this place? Though he appeared fully human now he smiled knowing that even in this form he still retained his claws and fangs, and if push came to shove he could simply shift. But he had seen what the creatures here could do to each other, let alone to an outsider. From his position a few feet away he watched the witch, awaiting her answer before venturing any further, possibly into her personal bubble. Hopefully she knew that even if her answer was a "no" he would still take a walk- he'd just make sure to stay far enough back that she couldn't REALLY say he was following her. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes he silently laughed to himself. Until the twins awoke he had nothing else to do, really, so why not at least make sure their good friend did not wind up a carcass in the meantime?

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:10 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"I'm sorry. I guess it's just human nature to stereotype people with their proffesion." He paused his polishing, and put away his sword, keeping care to not give away the name on the surface. "I suppose it's time for me to hit the sack, I've bored you enough." He stood, ignoring the protesting creak of an ignored joint. He stepped outside and imagined a breeze on his make-belive skin, then walked around the corner of the building and out of sight. There he drew a bottle filled about halfway with a near-transparent liquid. He let a drop fall onto the crest of his helm, letting a few more drops spill to the ground. The potion suspended the magical activity that kept him concious, it was the best he had to sleep. Anyone who saw him would see an armored half-dragon leaning against the wall in a casual position, drifting into dreamland.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:18 pm 

Kaosu had been watching everyone leave and once the armuored one had left she looked at Celestial and smiled i guess i should go of to, i doubt you would want to talk to little old me she said laughing slightly before yawning well goodnight. She stood up from her seat and took a few steps bofre stopping and nearly turning red again. She had forgotten that she had in fact nowear to sleep and had not slept in quite a few days. She didnt want to trouble asking for a room so instead she went and sat back down maybe i wil stay up for a little while longer she said quietly mostly to herself. Shedidnt want to let anyone know she had no place to sleep to her it sounded like a silly thing.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:09 am 

Tarin nodded gratefully and knelt down to cut the flowers. she was always happy to have new remedies or herbs shown her. She had seen how this dragyn had helped earlier and so trusted him.

Tarin: thank you, I must admit I always thought they were useless.

she picked up her basket and brushed the loose soil from her skirts.

Tarin: I'm glad to have a dragyn with us, although I wonder if it will be enough, we had a dragon before, Lily was her name. She was young though, too young to have been lost like she was.

the memory of what had happened to Lily was something she thought she'd never shake from her head. it wasn't a nice thing to think about.

Tarin: as for my helplessness? well I've been collecting beside this pool for a while now so I think I'm ok and I have certain ways to keep safe.

she pointed to a small bush a little way off.

Tarin: watch.

her fingerless leather gloves were ornately woven with silver spell thread and they glimmered in the pale light. she brought her hands together and muttered something under her breath. they glowed a little and the silver thread shone brightest. she then held up her hands, palms facing away from her and with a small pulse of magick the bush ignited and was incinerated.

Tarin: healing is one trick i know but fire is my favourite.

no flames had shot forth from her gloves. no fire ball. but the dragyn knew that the energy which she had directed towards the bush was been fire energy and it didn't form until it reached the target.

Tarin: I learned before that if the enemy can see you forming a fire ball they will stop you. this way of casting means the energy is laid down and you push it to the target and when it's there it forms the elemental power.

she didn't know much else then spirit and fire though. healing and flame. but she was still learning.

Tarin: my favourite way to cast fire is with a snap of my fingers, it's much faster and looks cool.

she laughed.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Akira wrote:
Kaosu had been watching everyone leave and once the armuored one had left she looked at Celestial and smiled i guess i should go of to, i doubt you would want to talk to little old me she said laughing slightly before yawning well goodnight. She stood up from her seat and took a few steps bofre stopping and nearly turning red again. She had forgotten that she had in fact nowear to sleep and had not slept in quite a few days. She didnt want to trouble asking for a room so instead she went and sat back down maybe i wil stay up for a little while longer she said quietly mostly to herself. Shedidnt want to let anyone know she had no place to sleep to her it sounded like a silly thing.

Celestial looked towards Kaosu and said

I don't mind talking. It is a good way to learn new things. If you don't mind me asking, what is your name?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:50 pm 

Koaus looks up and smiled thankful she had a reason not to go to sleep yet, my names kaosu she said smiling may i ask yours. She fluttered her wings slightly to let them stretch and then folded them again and leaned back in her chair yawning yet again, she was so tired and felt stupid for getting herself into osmething important when she was about to collapse from exhaustion, but she didnt show it as that was not like her; hide every sign of weakness, that wsas what she did, or else epople will use you.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:00 pm 
Legendary Warrior

My name is Celestial, the Holy Knight. What brings you to this place?

Celestial said while he wondered if she was tired.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:14 am 
Legend of Old

Goodnight brother

Goodnight jack ass. . .

Loving as always... get some rest.

Rusabek wrapped himself in numerous blankets that the hostess gladly supplied. She had been so kind to the twins despite their lack of currency, and she even gave them a sense of understanding, false as it was. The young knight was restricted to resting only on his left side due to the substantial amount of injuries delivered by the bane of shadows so ruthlessly. The wounds throbbed without mercy sending sharp pains throughout his side, but despite this major dilemma, the sleep deprivation and lack of sustenance swept him into a deep sleep.

I'zack was elevated comfortably on the bed in quite the opposite of predicaments. Though his hand was in pain, the shard seemed to instill a sense of calm and it granted I'zack a peaceful slumber.

With the sun's descent, the blanket of night caressed the sky. The shadows of the shadow land now stirred. An eerie yet indescribable feeling became augmented within the party, perhaps it was just the atmosphere.... or maybe something else?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:26 am 

Tarin was still stood outside with the dragyn when a shiver ran down her spine.

Tarin: it's gotten dark awfully quickly don't you think, dark and cold.

as if in answer to her comment the clouds parted and a full moon shone down casting moon shadows asunder.

Tarin: I think we had better get back in the Inn.

she picked up her basket and tightened her gloves, there was no point in not being careful. turning to the dragyn she nodded.

Tarin: let's hurry.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:52 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Abyss nodded. He too felt that something was slightly amiss. After all, being a dragyn he DID have heightened senses and those included an almost sixth sense, much like what any other animal had.Somewhere inside he could feel a creeping suspicion and something telling him to be on his guard. Within a few strides he had caught up with Tarin though they were still a little ways from the Inn.

Suddenly she felt his hand grip her wrist as he pulled her a little closer to him and saw an immense fog surround them. Within seconds it dissipated and they were back inside the foyer and doorway of the Inn. With a small smile Abyss released her and took a step back to allow her space. "You must pardon the suddenness of the spell, but my senses were going hay-wire out there with paranoia. That was the quickest of getting us back to the safety of the Inn. My apologies if I startled you." He gave her a small bow and turned to head back outside to resume his position beside the door- it may be better for him to sit guard, for even a sleeping Dragyn was enough to ward off most troublemakers.

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:56 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Ashten stirred in his sleep, as the moon strengthened the magic that kept him conscious, making the potion's potency wane. Within his head he raced through the streets, running and running, but the creatures still came, he tripped over something, a stick in the road. He tried to move his feet, but could not. A glance over his shoulder and the spell-curse item took full effect, he was invisible and immobile, hopeless, but hidden. His very being wanted to scream as a cold, dark hand reached for the Wand. The skeletal hand closed upon it. It rose and suddenly jerked forward stabbing the wand through the cross in his forehead, causing head-splitting pain.

He jerked away, breaking out of the dark dream, falling face first in the mud, but the real shock was when he raised his head and saw the same wand in the dirt. He felt his head, but it was unscathed, only the wand had escaped the boundaries of fantasy. He got up, and clutched the stick, he thought he had better keep it with him, just so the dream didn't come true. He burst back into the tavern, as if chased by someone possessed, he walked swiftly to the counter and asked for a bottle of rum. It was only when he had paid and had it in his hand that he had remembered that he could no longer drink.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:27 am 

Tarin was glad to be safe in the inn again. she noted Ashten at the bar and then leant on the windowsill looking out. the mist that had brought her and the dragyn inside wasn't the only mist. now a thin layer clung to the ground, covering it but going no higher than maybe her knee hight. it was un-nerving to see.

Tarin: you two take a look at this.

she pointed to the window and as she moved her gaze back to the outside she let out a small gasp. there was something out there. about 100yards off, hovering over the mist, and looking directly at her.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:35 pm 

Well i heard of much going on and wnated to get away from my job as - she stopped as a shiver went down her spine.

Something wasnt right she could feel it and so could the others. The dragyn and woman were back inside now as was the one in armour. Looking around she saw the woman who she recalled being called Tarin pointing outside.

Her curiosity perked and she stood up and walked over and looked outside. The mist didnt seem natural and another chill went through her and a small ball of light magic appeared in her half curled up hand to offer her security.

As her eyes met with what tarins were the small ball of light dissapeared as she stared at whatever the thing was that was staring at Tarin.
who ... or what is that

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:05 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Does that thing actually think that a mist makes him look threatening?
Celestial said out loud jokingly. He went on to yell out towards the being.
Show yourself! I'm dieing of anticipation here!
Waiting for an answer, Celestial began to bounce a ball of energy on the back of his hands.
Why won't this drama queen answer?
He said to himself at such a tone that only those around him could hear.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:26 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

"Well, that was certainly interesting"Consti said from behind the group."I wonder who that was. Keep your guard up, I don't like this."

Renee merely nodded to the trio as she watched from another window, she knew this feeling, and she didn't particularly care for it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 pm 

the miasma like entity had vanished, but the fog was still there, clinging to the ground. the moon was high and it's light was cold. there was a definate chill in the air.

Tarin: I don't like this one little bit, just when things start to look up we discover that some things haven't lost their interest in us.

she scanned the small village they were in for signs of anything else unsual. not that the fog wasn't unusual enough. she noted another figure, perhaps the same, but it's height was different so maybe not, lurking by the blacksmith down the cobbled lane. the blacksmith was long abandoned, like much of the village. people didn't stay long and, as always, Tarin wondered at how the inn had stayed open this long.

Tarin: there's another one, it's like they are staking out the Inn or something. watching and waiting for a signal.

she looked up as a shadow loomed infront of the moon. another one, that made 3, or 2 if the new one was the same as the first.

Tarin: I think we should be prepared for something to happen.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next