Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

Post subject: RP:Assassin turned rescuer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:57 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

it was a sunny day in an unnamed assassin village in north east egypt. a light breeze picked up some sand that blew across the strict straight faced assassin syllant. he was giving classes to the underaged (14-18yrs.) men about throwing knives. "throw!" he yells out before a dozen knives fly through the air to hit thier targets (not bulls eye, but on the board). the watchman in his tower yells out, "rider from the north! archers ready!"
Sy runs and climbs up on the closest rooftop. "wait! someone wanting to attack us wouldn't sent one rider. they only send one rider for a message. lets hear what it says." the archers stay in their posts, each with an arrow ready. as the rider approaches the gates he yells to the gate guard, " an urgent message from King Saxxon of the Sax kingdom to the assassin Syllant. he requests his company as soon as possible."
Syllant climbes into the guard tower and asks, " why would a king want company from an assassin? would if i were hired to kill him?"
"then you wouldn't be here." the rider yells back. they all pause for a couple seconds, then he continues, " its to give you a job. a job concerning his daughter."
"a king sending an assassin after his daughter? sounds like a bad father, but a job is a job." he replies, then descends from the tower.
you can hear inside the town walls horses moving, then the gates open. Syllant rides out prepared for a good journey, his horse packes filled with bread and various packaged meats. and all suited with his weapons of choice (see OOC forum). "its not my job to ask more than two questions about a job, whats their name? and where can i find them? so i don't want to know more. lets ride, last i checked its a four day ride to the Sax kingdom. i'd rather this be quick." then they were both off. after a days ride they took a line ferry across the Nile river, then continued riding, a day before they reach the Sax kingdom a small group of raiders attack the pair just outside of a small town. they are both figting off the raiders, however they manage to kill the messenger and corner Syllant...

OOC: just thought this would be a good time for Jason to come in.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:01 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Damnit; really bad timing, to mention this, but I'll be unavailable for a while. Someone else'll have to fill in. Sry! :oops: :cry:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:31 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Yuri burst out of the treeline. Swinging her cleaver, it broke both of one of the raiders' legs with the blunt end. Causing plenty of confusion as he let out a torrent of screams as he fell to the ground. Enough for quite a distraction. And more than enough to disrupt her senses. Pure luck allowed her to swing her arm up to catch one of the other raiders swords on her bracer. The sword slid down her arm, spreading sparks across her armor. Her sword fell to the ground as she dropped it and round kicked her assaulter in the face.

((OOC: Sorry, if you had other plans just tell me and I'll delete this. I just went ahead and posted since the other guy said he couldn't continue...))

Last edited by Jishdefish on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:34 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: just wondering if its okay for anyone to jump in yet or if its supposed to just keep to you two

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:12 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

syllant heard a scream and glanced back to see an attacker fall to the ground with a stranger joining the fight. putting aside his confusion about the stranger, he continued to fight...

OOC: i guess more than two can join already, i don't see why not. so the fight goes on...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:32 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

OOC: If its ok to join then i'll join.

Thrace joined the fray flexing his wrists and drawing his daggers. He leaped at a raider's back, stabbing as he did so. Having weakened his opponent he concentrated on his left hand and generated a electric charge as he punched the raider in the nose with the hilt of his dagger. Unfortunatley he failed to realise there was a raider behind him and he felt a weight on his shoulders as his assailant bore down on him. He tried to flip the attacker but only succeeded in tangling himself further. He stabbed at any flesh he could reach being too proud to call out for help. They struggled on the floor until they were both heavily wounded and a blow to Thrace's jaw sent him wheeling to the floor. He groaned and spat blood at his opponent before crawling backwards.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:09 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Her opponent distracted, Yuri took ahold of his blade and twisted it out of his grip, taking care to use only her chainmail on contact with the blade. She twirled it quickly and jabbed it into his foot. He let out a sputter of rage and pulled a dagger instead of the expected groveling and swung at her.

"Don't you know when to give in!?" She easily avoided the iron and jabbed at a point just below his wrist with her hand, making him drop the knife. It was then in her hand in a split second and she flipped it around and whacked him in the back of the head with the hilt, knocking the poor soul out.

Yuri whipped around as a woman's voice rang out. "Get away from him you wench!" Woah she was angry, her anger was almost a solid wall. She quickly deducted that she had just KO'd her husband, or boyfriend, or whatever. A flash of metal filled her dark mind and she flipped backwards, grabbing the hilt of her sword as three kuni sliced through the air. She merely raised her huge sword as she hit the ground, deflecting three of the four ninja daggers. The last embedded itself in her leg. The mass of anger quickly shifted to gleaming triumph, which was cut short by Yuri. She once again dropped her sword and pulled the dagger out of her leg, throwing it at the woman. There was a sickening thwack as the hilt struck her opponent in the forehead. The ninja-raider woman fell to the ground with a dull thud. The fight was nearly over.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:17 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

and the battle grew scarce and the enemies decided to retreat, sy looked around at who was left standing. two strangers who had faught against the raiders with him... or were they?
"Thanks for the help, but i could have handled it myself. no offence. what made you two fight anyways?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:55 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"You were being robbed! I wouldn't be able to stand idly by while you were killed, sorry but my conscience wouldn't allow it." Of course by her 'conscience' she also meant her master. Yuri tied up her leg with a length of crimson cloth from her back, and when she was done, tested it. Now she had a bit of a limp, but nothing unbearable. Her sword gleamed as she picked it up. "So, what do we do with these guys?" She referred to the unconscious, injured, or deceased raiders.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:28 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

" well we couuld tie up the unconcious and start a burn pile." having no respect for those who endanger his life.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:44 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

'Good Idea' Thrace stood up and moved towards the bodies on the floor. Removing a length of rope from his back he tied the bodies together in pile. Concentrating, he sent out a psychic wave to ascertain who was still alive. 'These are still alive' he said, indicating several bodies. 'Burn them as well?' He flexed his hands and prepared to summon a fireball

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

'Good Idea' Thrace stood up and moved towards the bodies on the floor. Removing a length of rope from his back he tied the bodies together in pile. Concentrating, he sent out a psychic wave to ascertain who was still alive. 'These are still alive' he said, indicating several bodies. 'Burn them as well?' He flexed his hands and prepared to summon a fireball

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:36 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

syllant draws his broad sword and says, " kill them, then burn them." he picks one laying face down and decapitates him. "less people to worry about down the road. where'd you learn that fancy voodoo?" and points his bloody sword towards yuri." and who are you?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Yuri thought the talk of burning a joke and didn't take any of it seriously until the rescued one extinguished one of the very raiders she had knocked out. She swung her sword unexpectantly, and nearly sliced off his ear, stopping just short of his shoulder. Both arms trembling from either strain from the large and heavy sword or possibly powerful anger.

"No more death. They have lost plenty in the loss of their friends, and the crippling of some of them; give them the chance to learn from their mistakes." She lowered her sword. "Since neither of you can think of a proper decision, I say we burn the dead and stain the other's hands with the blood they have spilled to show their crime and leave them tied up at the roadside. And as for my name it is Yuri, and I am a disciple and priest for the dragon Kuall. I cannot kill, but I can certainly defend myself and those who don't deserve it." It was unclear whether she meant the raiders, or the one with the bloodied sword.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:21 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

"hmm... a holy man, or... woman." he gives a smirk after looking at the sword near his shoulder. then begins a critique of yuri. " a weak stance, trembling arms, you feet are too close to have real power." then uses his blood stained sword to knock hers away. " either way, what every happens to the rest of them is up to you. i'm in a hurry to make it to the Saxx kingdom. if i had more time i'd show you how to really hold a sword. but i have a job to do." he sheathes his sword and turns to walk away.

OOC: he's an assassin, he's used to being alone, you have to request to come along.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:36 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Yuri ignored his insult. Her sword was trivial, she carried it as a distraction from her real ability, speed and martial arts. "I must insist on your name, as well as your companionship to the next town at least. After all you wouldn't just leave a blind woman out in the middle of nowhere would you?" She pointed to her eyes, hazed and staring.

OOC: I was gettin' to it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:35 pm 
Thrace looked at the pair and said 'Obviously tou two are going to spend the whole time arguing unless I come so could I accompany you?' As a demonstration of his usefullness he showed them a few of his powers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Sy looks back and forth at both of them before saying, " my name is Syllant. i'm an assassin on an important job for king Saxxon. i've been traveling for the past few days with that messenger." and nodds towards the kings dead messenger. " thats some pretty fancy voodoo you can do." he says to thrace. " and you can fight alright for a blind holy woman." he said to yuri. " you two might be able to help me. riding alone with someone that doesn't talk makes you miss a good conversation. its not often that i'd let people come with me, but with the days passing and getting older, and all the blood i've seen and shed i'm starting to think about a peacful lifestyle." he grabs his sword handle and looks at the raider that he beheaded and looked back at thrace and yuri. "this may be my last job. i'd be honored to have you two as companions.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:03 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Well, that's an improvement.

Don't be so quick to voice your opinions. Growled a presence in her head. The Phoenix Incursion is not so trivial as to be lost just because of your loose tongue.

I wasn't going to say anything!

Don't lie to me girl. He ended the contact.

Yes, master.

"So, the King is expecting you?" She already knew this of course, through her meditation and second sight. "I guess I can't turn down such an important meeting as this then. I'd be equally honored to accompany you."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:11 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

"sounds great. so two's company but three's a crowd." he turns towards Thrace and asks. "is this going to be the in-crowd?"...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:13 pm 
Matrix Operator

Occ: I'm back...

IC: Jason peered up over the edge of the ridge, unnoticable to anyone. He decided to observe the group a little longer to see what they were up to. "That one there looks like an assasin. What's he doing here?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile