Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:40 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Lily Jane emerged from the shadows of the woods and approached the dragon. She stood at a safe distance trying to see how they would react. The sounds of the fight clashed around her and she cringed. Orcs started to pour in around her and she was lost in the midst of teh fight. Eventually she stopped watching the dragon out of the corner of her eye and focused on fighting...

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:11 am 
Cererean Princess

Elsindel leapt from Maw's back and brought her daggers around. 1...2...3...4...5, she counted ther kills.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:00 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: i'm going to be gone for maybe a week so i leave control of each of my dragons in control of their riders. use them how they're needed to be used.

IC: Ripping the arrow from his wing membrane, Gaitta growled his annoyance. He gripped an orc's head in his mouth and chomped down hard, crushing the thing's skull. He spat it out and charged down another. "Die, scum! Hwah!"

Maw stuck close to his rider protectively. He was always being told that he was as piniky as a mother hen but he didn't care. Anything to keep Elsindel from coming to harm.
Unfortunatly, he was old and his energy drained a lot faster than the others. It wasn't long before he was breathing in harsh gasps. Trying to give himself a momentary break, he let out a blast of ice at the nearby enemies, freezing some of them in their tracks.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:39 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Areon smiled grimly as he saw a large group of orcs. He stood up on Ashlena's back, steadying himself with in-human balance, balance a dragon would have. His tail swayed from side to side, helping him with the balancing part. He unfolded his wings, opening to their 16 foot wingspan. The wing membrane was buffetted by wind, and he took off with a start. He dove downward, toward the group of orcs, at a great spear, spear tip gleaming, as it sunk deeply into an orc's chest, the heart had burst from the impact, and the creature was dead before it even hit the ground. That was where he left the spear for now, as he was soon swarmed. He drew out his longsword, and brought the thing ready, he did a forward slash, killing t he closest orcs with a long streaking line from it's left shoulder to right hip, and on the backhand swing, he created another gash on a different orc, from the hip to the mid section, both wounds inflicted were frozen over, the victims dead before they hit the ground. He opened his mouth, and let forth his firey breath, breath with an angry fury, burning eight orcs in the process, and gave the others a nasty singe. He barely was able to stop a sword chop at his head, by catching the blade before it got any momentum with his left hand, and stabbed the orc with his longsword. He looked around him, he was surrounded, but the orcs stood many feet away from this deadly half dragon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:04 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
OOC: Sorry, I haven't been posting. Dragonobsesie, I guess unofficially quit. I can't really post without my dragon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:21 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

OOC: Control it for him then. Since I'm the creator of the rp, I'm allowing you to do so.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:48 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
OOC: Okay.

IC: Boar looked sincerily at the dragon. He then guestured for her to follow. Koka didn't know where they were going, but transformed into her human guise, a slave-looking woman in dirty gray robes. Only her blue, cat-like eyes as well her silver hair giving away her true form. They stopped by the head weyr office, only to find it empty. A rather small dragon was being carried across the hallway in a stretcher, and Boranor inquired.

"He was injured in the village not far from here. We're suffering many losses, we need all the help we can get."

When they passed he turned to Koka. "It seems we don't have time to find officials on this matter, but perhaps we can prove our worth for your life in battle."

She smiled. "Is that all you can think about? Really, the way you talk I mayn't of just killed my master. How do you know I won't do the same to you?"

"Because I am not your master, I am your partner, according to the law of the Weyr. We have an established connection, and as for you killing me, it would hurt you just as bad." By now they had reached the courtyard, where she had lashed out. She reluctantly transformed and let him on with similar proding, and they were off towards the village.

OOC: Tell me of any inconsistancies if you spot them, I don't have time to read all of the text.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:18 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Heavyman, are you not paying attention to my posts?! You're character isn't even reacting to anything that mine does! It's getting kinda irritating.

IC: Ashlena let out a deep sigh as Areon took off from her back. Obviously, she had not impressed him any.
He doesn't even need me, she thought. She lazily rolled close to the ground knocking over a few orcs with her wings. She turned and saw Areon had landed and was slashing away at orcs. The orcs had started to back away but still formed a ring around Areon. Ashlena quickly flew in a froze the surrounding orcs with her ice breath, creating a frozen wall around Areon.
"HA! HA!" she called out as she turned and flew away. She spotted the two dragons, Maw and Gaitta, on the ground.
"Need help?" she asked as she flew in low to aid the riders and dragons.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:59 pm 
G.E.E.K.

OOC: I take control of Gaitta.

Hib shouted, "Gaitta" as he jumped onto his saddle. Gaitta swung his tail out and smacked 4 or 5 orcs and then leaped into the air.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:23 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: back

IC: "No need!" Gaitta trumpeted to Ashlena as he took off. "Me, i'm far too amazing to need help. Wah cha, i'm hot fire!"

Maw looked thankfully at Ashlena. "T'would be a welcome, missy." Turning, he bit down, seperating a drow from its waist. "Nasty things taste as vile as refuse," he growled, spitting the top half out.
"This is getting rediculous. How many more are there?" He swung out his tail, clipping three orc's heads off in succesion. "I can't do this much longer, my dear," he panted to Elsindel, dodging a long spear thrust at his side. His reflexes were slowing and his kills became fewer and farther between.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Once again, Ashlena used her ice breath. This time she formed a wall around Maw and Elsindel. She let out a small giggle as she admired her work. The drow and orcs were frozen in humorous positions with even funnier expressions.
"Rest up!" she called to Maw. "I take over. If things get too bad, I can always seal you in." She landed in front of Maw on the outside of the ring. ashlena flapped her wings, knocking rushing orcs over. She spun and clawed, smiling and ggigling to herself.

"Spin around
and push them down.
Squish them in the ground.
That's the way
a dragon slays
when orc-y's are around"

She sang her little ditty as she squished, crushed, and clawed orc after orc.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:27 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Areon went over, sheathing his sword, and retrieved his spear. He unfurled his wings, and he did have an impressive wingspan for a half dragon. He pointed his spear at the wall of ice, and blasted a hole into it, the shattering ice killing many a orc that was in the way. An orc dared to charge in with Areon, but was quickly impaled on his spear, and was flung off the spear, to crash heavily against the solid wall of ice. The orcs went into a rout, leaving a drow left, this time, facing Areon. Areon charged, lunging with his spear. But the drow priestess caught it with a whip, the whip had seven prongs, each was a snake's head with their own wills, an extension of the Drow's will actually. He breathed fire at the drow, but a shield shimmered blue for an instant and dissipated. His spear was taken from him, and seven snake heads bit into him. He yelled, as he began to go numb, but his draconic blood and immunity quickly nullified the poison. outt came his sword, charging again, he parried the whip, lopping all seven snake heads off, and soon stabbed forward, stabbing the priestess through the belly, and with typical half draconic strength, picked her up with the blade still in her, and still quite alive, he then slammed her head first into the ground, splattering flesh, bone and brain matter all of the ground, as the skull cracked apart on a hard peice of granite. And soon his blade was free of the bloodied corpse. He wiped the bloody sword on the drow's clothes, sheathed it, retrieved his spear, and walked over to his dragon, whom was just finishing off the last orc. "Well done, Ashlena." He said, but he was bleeding, his leg, a drow arrow in his leg, as if he didn't feel. He looked down when everyone looked at him, and nearly fainted finally realizing the pain, obviously he was in shock to not feel it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:48 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Boar bent over as far as he could without being impaled by the spikes on Koka's back. He still wasn't used to mind syncing his thoughts so he shouted against the wind. "There!" He pointed to the outline of ice against the bloodstained ground, but for the looks of things the fighting was nearly done. All that remained were a few drow that looked as if on the verge of retreating. They landed and both surveyed the grim scene. "Seems as if we're a bit late."

Naw? You think? Now we won't prove my innocence through intention, but rather the opposite, we fled the scene of a crime. Her voice was a threatening and low within his head. He remained silent, contemplating.

Last edited by Jishdefish on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:59 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Vis landed quickly and Driz jumped of and began gathering up her throwing knives quickly, her eyes now and again drifting towards dead drow. They were enemy so they had to die but she was still a drow herself and it was only natural to feel a slight feeling in her gut. Reaching the drow from before she knelt down and took her weapons then stood up and looked at him for a second. Saking her head she turned around and ran over to Areon. Are you ok she said looking at the drow arrow in his leg. It looked like quite a nasty wound from her experiance and she hoped he was going to be ok.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:57 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Areon! You're hurt!" Ashlena turned her attention from the drow and orcs.
"You need help. Let's go back to the weyr. Climb on my back," Ashlena fretted over Areon. She hoped he would cooprerate but knew there was little chance of that. Just to be safe, she picked him up and placed him inside the circle of ice with Maw.
"Maw, can you help him?" she directed to the older dragon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:58 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: orcs all gone, or no? heavyman's post said that Ashlena finished off the last one but Jish's post says... augh! confusion!

IC: Maw bowed his head slightly, still breathing a bit hard. "Will do, young lady, but why me? You intend to fight without your rider? I have no arts in healing." He picked up Areon lightly in his mouth and placed him across his back. In all honesty, he never really liked Areon because of his half-dragon breed. Elsindel was the only half-dragon he ever learned to accept. Still, he did what he could.
After breathing slightly on Areon's wound to numb it with a bit of ice, he turned to his rider. "I am sorry, my dear. I'm just not the young dragon i once was. I still have flying endurace but my fighting abilities have gone stale. By all rights you should find another wing companion with fewer seasons." He turned back to Areon. "This one needs to get back to the weyr and i'm not sticking around until he has his wits to argue. Are you sure, dear Ashlena, that you want me to take him? He is your rider." His tone held a bit more of a disgusted snappy tone then he meant to. Hard as he tried, he could not overcome his dislike of halfbreeds. He found Ashlena dear but her rider not so.

Gaitta fidgeted. "Cummoooooooooon," he whined. "I wanna fight more!" He nudged his rider. "Hib, this is boooooooooring! Total yawn-fest. Let's go, pleeeeeeease?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:09 pm 
G.E.E.K.

"Gaitta, patience is a virtue and silence is golden, but yes let us go back to the weyr," Hib stated, "I do promise that we will fight in the next battle."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:14 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOC: Right, I missed that Ersska, thanks for correcting me.

Right, Makla, but I guess I'll extend a thanks to Ersska for correcting me for thanking the wrong person... Everything works out in the end!

Last edited by Jishdefish on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:22 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Well, Heavyman said they were gone, so I'm gonna act as if they're gone.
Jish, Makla corrected you. Not me.

IC: "I wasn't meaning for you to take him back!" Ashlena's feathers stood up on end. This old dragon had a dislike for her Areon. She could sense it.
"You can't do anything now?" she asked eagerly. She pranced from one foot to the next.
"Okay, let's go!" Ashlena didn't wait for Maw's response. She lightly picked up Areon and was off the ground with one flap of her wings.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:08 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: Dragonrider, i'm assuming Elsindel has mounted Maw, okay?'

IC: Maw bowed in acquiesence to Ashlena. He had known what she wanted but really hadn't wanted to do anything with the dirty half-blood. Again, he was very fond of the young dragon but was dissappointed with her choice of rider. He turned and cuffed Gaitta with a clenched claw. "Mind yourself. Your rider is right, you need to learn silence and patience. Emphasize the former."
He took off once he was sure Elsindel was seated properly and he caught up to Ashlena.
"I am sorry, young lady, but i don't understand why you assume that i was best to care for him. I have no arts in healing and i was exhausted to boot. But i still saw no need for you to ruffle your feathers at me!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:45 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"You are wise. I thought you would know," Ashlena replied to Maw. "But you just didn't want to!" She put on a burst of speed and left him behind. She reached the weyr in no time. She let out a roar upon arrival.
"Medical! We need medical help! Healing!" she called out to any who could hear. Ashlena gently placed Areon on the floor beside her. She paced, circling around him until the healers finally arrived to help. She continued to pace while they worked until they finally grew weary and sent her away. Ashlena sat in the corner, anxious and feathers on end.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:50 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Driz turned arounds as Vis landed just behind her and she climbed on Worried for Areons condition. As vis too of she looked down at the fallen drow and she bowed her ehad slightly, they had given a good fight and had died honourably even if they had been the enemy. Turing back around she looked forward and followed the others on Vis happy to have fought and won and survived.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:50 pm 
Maw made a sound in his throat that gave the impression of annoyance. He landed and walked over to stand next to Ashlena. "I am sorry, young one. I must learn to put aside my personal distrusts, i guess. Forgive me?" He hoped to offer a comforting presence while her rider was being cared for but judging on the circumstances, he didn't know if she would accept it. He sighed and shook his head. "Do you prefer my absence?"

Gaitta landed with more than a few flourishes and tumbles and made the ground shake as he thumped down on all four legs at once. He shook the numbness from his claws that this action always induced. "I AM the hottest flier," he made a trumpeting noise, "in all the world!! Ha, hot fire, baby, hot fire!" He winked at Ashlena. "I am THE Torch!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:04 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Ashlena looked at Maw for a while. She thought over his apology but continued to turn her attention back to Areon.
"I. . .uh. . .yes. . ." She was still flustered over the whole situation. She contiued to fidget.
"Ok," she said absently.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:13 pm 
Maw smiled fondly and shook his head. "Yes what, young Ashlena? You forgive me or want me to leave?"

Gaitta waited for his rider to dismount before making his way to Ashlena. "She probably wants you to leave 'old one'," he sneered.
"Mind if i take the place of this ancient lizard?' he asked her. "I mean, who wouldn't want the comfort of the most dashing and brave and fearless and powerful of all the dragons known to the world?"

Maw considered biting the annoyance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next