Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:19 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Yes. . .forgive. . .stay," she was still focused on Areon. Ashlena took little notice of Gaitta until he sat down beside her. She flashed him a worried smile. Ashlena was usually a big flirt, but other things held her attention for the moment.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:19 pm 
Solitary Serpent

deleted

Last edited by Ersska on Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:44 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Boar and Koka followed the rest back to the Weyr in grim silence. Koka landed roughly, throwing an unsaddled Boranor off into the rough rock strewn grass. He returned to his feet, dazed and not too happy, but remained silent as Koka had already flown off, most likely going in hiding. Whatever happened to her, Boar didn't worry, she was connected to him, so there wasn't much to fear. He walked silently through the group, head down at his failure.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:48 pm 
Gaitta looked crestfallen. Why was his friend not playing with him like she always did? He looked over at Areon and sighed almost impaitently. "Lee, you know he's gonna be alright. He could get dropped off a cliff and still survive! Besides, you know our healers are the best. Cummon, show me that brave, hot mama smile you got!"

Grunting his dissaproval at Gaitta's little speach, Maw looked toward Elsindel. "Forgive me, I must have lost my wits. Are you quite all right, my dear? Nothing broken? Are you scratched? Any blood?" He fussed over his rider, asking question after question over her well-being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:56 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Ashlena was really paying attention to Gaitta, but she caught the last few words.
"Momma? What!? I'm not. . ." It took a second to realize what he said. "Oh. . .No, I don't feel like it. I can't. . .I can't do anything. . .My own rider doesn't like me. . .and no wonder. . .I can't even keep him safe. . ." Ashlena slowly stood up and left the room, head and wings drooping.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:03 pm 
Maw caught that last bit and rounded on Gaitta. "You incompetent young rip! Guard your tongue and speak words of comfort, not stupidity!" He excused himself hastily from Elsidel and followed after Ashlena.
"Young dear, do wait, please," he called. Catching up, he shook his head at her pitiful appearance. "Buck up, young one. He will be fine, you'll see. Him getting hurt was his own ignorance and bold-headedness. It was none of your fault so i never want to hear such words come from your mouth again. He is your rider and he never would have become so if he didn't feel any compassion for you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:08 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"He doesn't like me, I already know," she replied. "Just like you don't like him. . .I will never be like his old dragon. I will never be able to make him happy. Why? What is wrong with me? Why doesn't he care for me? I try my best. . .I really do. . ."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:13 pm 
The Broken One

"I know you do, good lady," Maw said, nodding his understanding. He stopped and placed a wing out to stop Ashlena as well. "It is because of which, that if he doesn't like you then it is his own damn fault. Beg your pardon. What i'm saying, if he can't appreciate the wonderful, amazing, talented young lady that he has for a companion, then he doesn't deserve her. You are one of the best and nothing, not even the opinion of that mangy half-blood, should make you believe otherwise."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:29 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"But I want him to like me," Ashlena stopped beside the older dragon. "You like me. Gaitta likes me." A small grin flashed across her face, but quickly disappeared.
"Why doesn't he like me?" Ashlena looked questioningly at the older dragon. She turned around and headed back the the chamber.
"Come on. Let's go see if he's ok. . .,"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:11 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Hibrantos stepped out of his little cove and said, "I know you want him to like you, but that's very hard. After all, have you ever lost someone you had been linked with for over 10 years? It can really mess with someones mind. My father was linked and his rider died, and he became a recluse, living in the pity of his own unconcious mind."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:43 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Vis landed and Driz dismounted and walked of imediatly. Her mind was swamped with the thuioghts of the dead drow and she was keeping her head down, so much so howebver that she walked straight into Ashlena and fell over. Looking up she stood up and bowed slightly my apologize Ashlena she said formally looking up to give na freindly smile which was proably rare to see from a drow.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:54 pm 
Gaitta trotted up to stand next to his rider. "Hib is right, you just gotta give Areon some time. Well... maybe a lot of time."
"How insightful," Maw said dryly with a bit of sarcasim. "Dear Ashlena, just keep with him. He'll turn around, and if he doesn't then please don't blame yourself." He glanced around. "Where's Elsindel?"
"Cluck cluck cluck, where's my chickadee? Cluck cluck. Haha!" Gaitta strutted like a chicken and grinned cheekily at Maw. "Old Mother Hen," he giggled. He winked at Ashlena. "Hey, i'll be your friend even if nobody ends up liking you. Together forever, right?"
This earned him an extra hard cuff from Maw's wing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:13 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: Heavyman, are you going to post anymore? This thread is going nowhere.

Ashlena smiled slightly at the others.
"Thanks," she said. The bulky figure of Gatta strutting like a chicken made her grin even more.
"Gee, thanks, Gaitta," she sarcastically replied to his comment. She slightly nudged him.
"What ever would I do without you?" she said as she rolled her eyes. Ashlena smiled at the others, but the smile was soon replaced with worry.
"What's taking so long?" she asked aloud.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:18 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Areon groaned. Slowly, ever so slowly he opened his eyes to horrendous pain as the arrow head was taken out, and for it, he yelled out, letting forth a stream of flames, mostly he was all bark and no bite. In his mind, he felt Ashlena's sadness, which saddened him to no end. He had done that to her, by not being a kind, loving rider. He frowned as he lie back down, feeling as if he failed. For the first time in ten years, he felt like he had failed. He sighed as his leg was healed. Someone gave him his spear, and he got up, strongly, without even a limp. He walked into the weyr, looking for his dragon, he found her, she looked solemn. "It is not your fault, Ashlena. I am sorry that I acted as if I didn't like you, for I did, you were my dragon, and so how can I not like you, we're linked together. And that link doesnt start if the two partners don't like eachother."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:12 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Master Areon! I extend my humblest apologies for not joining in the defending force in the raid. For you see, I have only just mind linked with a dragon, Koka by name, she was heavily abused by her master and had killed him for his wrongs. I stopped her anger from going further, but as most of the elder riders had gone out, I sought selfishly to correct her wrongs through joining your battle, but arrived too late. Now I seek no lifting of punishment, execute me right here if you wish, but spare my dragon." He drew his sword and held it horizontally with both hands out to the elder rider, head bowed. Boar didn't even know quite what he was doing, so shamed he was of not being where the battle was before it was over, no matter the circumstances.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:15 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Areon!" Ashlena exclaied as she saw her rider. She bounded towards him.
"Are you ok? Do you hurt? Is there a scar? Can you walk alright?" Ashlena proceeded to make a full inspection of him. Areon could barely say what he wanted to say. But through the barrage of questions, Ashlena heard what he said. She froze midsentence and her eyes grew wide.
"You do?! You mean it?! You really do?!" Ashlena was exstatic. She was literally bouncing with joy.
Suddenly, they were interrupted by another rider named Boar. Ashlena listened as he talked with Areon. When Boar finished, Ashlena turned to Areon.
"He's cute. Can we keep him?" She winked at Areon. Before Areon could answer, Ashlena bounded back over to Gaitta and gently leaped over the smaller dragon, laughing. She nudged Maw and then, smiled at the drow. She weaved around them all happily, then she returned to stand besides Areon. She stood straight and proper, looking somewhat menacing except for the smile on her face.

OOC: Yes, Ashlena has happy randomness. Spastic, I know.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:18 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Hibrantos watched as Ashlena bounced around like a mad-man, or mad-dragon at least. He pulled out his sword went over to the grinding stone and proceeded to sharpen it. "I think your dragon has gon a litttle loose in the head, Areon. And Boar, I welcome thee, even if the welcome is short lived."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:32 pm 
The Broken One

Maw shook his head and tried to hide a small look of disgust that wanted to surface on his features. Almost all half-bloods were a disgrace to dragonkind. The one exception he found was Elsindel and he absolutely adored her.
Gaitta snorted and pretended to be miffed. "What was that all about? I think she's gone off her rocker." Eventually though, a smile slipped through and he giggled. "Lee's gone haywire in the brain." He nudged his rider.
"Cummon, Hib, i wanna do something. I'm booooooooored!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:40 am 
G.E.E.K.

"Gaitta, how bout you go scout for anything you think I'd like to tear apart. I'll come with! Anything too big and we'll come back for the others," Hib said.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:58 pm 
The Broken One

Gaitta hooted with anticipation. "Yeah yeah! Cummon, get on! Cummon, you're so slow!"

Maw shook his head as Gaitta pranced impatiently. The young dragon's antsy movements were making it hard for his rider to get on. "That little rip... goodness knows i could never stand to be his rider. How Hibrantos does it i'll never know." He lay down, putting his head next to Elsindel.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:16 pm 
G.E.E.K.

OOC: Makla, Your character, Gaitta, reminds me of my own sister; hyper, jumpy, impatient, and loud.

IC: Hibrantos jumped onto Gaitta's back and said to everyone else, "I will return if I see a group of Drow and Orc reinforcements. Or anything worse."
Then, to Gaitta he said, "I want you to listen to everything I tell you, if you see anything you think is too big for us to handle, return here at once."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:02 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: :P

IC: "yeah yeah," Gaitta said quickly. "Listen. See something big. Handle it. Got it." Without hesitating, he pushed off into the air with sudden force.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:10 am 
Cererean Princess

I'm here Elsindel said to Maw. I've been checking out the area, killing a few straggling orcs... couple of Drows... you get the picture.

OOC: Naw, the real reoson I havn't been able to post is because I'm boarding at school now during the week and they won't let me have internet access.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:26 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: dude that sucks... I'd leave a post but i think its about time for heavyman to point us in a direction

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:19 pm 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: I concur. . .

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next