Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 am

Post subject: Ceridian: Keys of World
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:47 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Narage sneezed in a catlike fashion. She sat in a semi-empty bar at an empty table. Since the prison, they had split up, each having his or her loose ends to tie before this journey could begin(i.e. boyfriends, girlfriends, college, whatever...) Now since calling them nearly a month from then, yesterday, she dearly hoped that they would respond, and not have been captured again, killed or even worse things her imagination played for her.

Nervously, she peeked out the window for the 31st time in the last twenty minutes. The pub was located portside, though not a seaport but a skyport. Yes, the city was located in the middle of a great valley, floating, and teathered in place by six mountains surrounding it, at least three of which were manmade. Suraki, the only completly airborn city on Ceridian. Well, technicly, if you don't count the large mountain communites at each of the six teathers. Only the middle and upper class lived on the city itself, also home to about twenty power stations, and well over a thousand businesses, manufacturing plants, and skyscrapers. Though the cities'(the communities also have their own names, though noone uses them.) main transportation are bullet trains across the support tethers, airships are used mostly for long-distance travel. Ergo, the ship's function as she watched them sway ever-so-slightly in the light breeze. Any stronger winds would be neutralized by the massive nets of spells monitoring the city.

But right now, all Narage could think about in this marvel of science and magic, was the waning of the sun, and the possible deaths of her friends. She hoped they would show up soon, for all their sakes. Unconciously she ever-so-lightly licked her hand in anxiety.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:34 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea wondered through the sreets looking for the place. Since the group's seperation, she had went back home to let her family know what was going on. She hadn't told them all the details, just that she would be gone for a while on a very important journey. She promised them that she would come back safely.
Now, she looked around her in wonder. She had never been in a big city. she had grew up in the country, and she liked it there. She glanced nervously around her. City people were usually more opened to strange creatures than the average countrymen, but she was still nervous that someone would find her out. Aluillea did not like so many people being around. She was relieved when she finally saw the pub.
Upon entering, Auillea looked around in search of the others. She spotted Narage. Silently, she walked over to the table and sat down.
"So, where's everyone else? Don't tell me we're the only two left." she said to the cat. "Oh, by the way, I'm Aluillea. I don't believe we ever had a proper introduction before we split." She held out her hand and waited for Narage's response.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:06 am 
Cererean Princess

Narinsi wandered among the floating city. Narinsi had assumed the shape of a twenty year old female. She had to meet Narage in one minute. Still plenty of time, she thought, knowing she could be there instantly. She wandered around the city and looked at the giant helium balloons supporting the city. Narinsi checked her watch. One second to. She shifted. The people in the skyport took no notice of her. She noticed Narage at a table. A women she didn't recognise was with her. Hi, I'm Narinsi she said.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:10 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Kaosu looked around the city glancing around at people as she walked. She was in black trousers and a black t-shirt with holes in the back to let her wings through which were folded flat on her back. Her long purple hair was let down and blowed about gently in the light breeze. Looking around she saw the pub narage had spoke of and approached it. The last couple of weeks had been hectic. As soon as she got back she had dropped her little brother of to her freinds house. She had told her little brother that she was going away on business and everything would be ok. But she was unsure whether she would come back, and told her friend this, who promised to look after her little brother if anything did happen to her. She had tried to get as many jobs as possible done, and had cancelled the ones she couldnt which had probably annoyed many of her clients. She had given nearly all her money to her freind keeping some for the trip and had then spent the last couple of days waiting patiently thinking of what had happened to her with those people in that place. Shaking her head she realized she had reached the bar door and slowly opened it and walked in. Looking around she saw narage along with two others. Walking silently across she sat down and smiled, her worry easing at the sight of friends.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:38 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Nara smiled and returned her handshake. "Yes, my name's Narage Seittik, you wouldn't belive how hard it is to reach someone with only a vague memory. It didn't really help with all the excitement that we all met in."

Behind Aluillea she waved to who she guessed was the newest member of the group. Narage introduced them both respectivly, explaining: "Narinsi is one like us, she was one of the only ones to respond onnet(online), well, she can fill you in..."

Yet anouther member of their team walked in, releaving her anticipation further. It looks like my feelings were misplaced in something going arwy. Though, maybe a bit too soon to tell for sure.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 am 
Cererean Princess

Narinsi sat down. When are we going to get on with the mission? she asked. As for why I'm here, I was curius about the letter that I got sent, telling me to come here. It wouldn't exactly take any time to get here exactly would it. Narinsi looked at the suprised faces. For those who know I'm a shifter, shapeshifter and telekinetic. Watch. She lenghtened her arms and changedher eye color. See? Her arms resumed their normal shape.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:44 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"I imagine so." Aluillea replied to Narge with a smile. She then turned and greeted the newcomer with the same smile.
I can shift, too, thought Aluillea as Narinsi showed off her skills. Her thoughts wandered back to the corrider. Back to where Narage had suddenly turned and revealed the truth of Aluillea.
How had she known? she wondered. Maybe it's just cat instincts. . . she tried to reassure herself.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:21 pm 

Kaosu smiled at the newcomer nice to meet you, its good to have others with us, especially with strong power she said kindly.
My names kaosu she added im fey which explains the wings on my back, i have dark and light magic.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:36 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"I do hope that we are not the only ones to show." Narage popped her fingers. "Well, I suppose anyone else can get caught up if they arrive. Now, on to what matters most: What to do next? I was thinking that the most likely action to take is to find some sort of pattern with the Keys, I mean, we can't just go door to door, or use the internet for that matter. Any suggestions?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:33 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Refresh my memory, please. I'm still not quite sure what these 'keys' are and what we are to do when and if we find them." Aluillea directed at Narage.

OOC: Sorry for such a short post. I know they get annoying.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:46 pm 
Cererean Princess

Yes, you didn't give much away in your letter Narinsi said.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:16 pm 
The Broken One

OOC: I'm not suuuuuuuuuuuuure this is the right rp, so if it isn't just point and laugh and tell me i'm an idiot, okay? then tell me where i can find the right rp.

IC:
"Ah dinnae want teh go en dere!" Jaciynth growled at Tarya as she led him to the pub. "Et's eh smelleh pless an' ah dinnae like et! Leggoame!"
"Dearest brother, you whine too much," Tarya chastened. In all honesty, she was barely holding onto him. He was just too much of a sucker for his sister to fight against her grasp. It was more like he was being led like a fussy two-year-old by his nanny. "Just come along, i'm sure we're already late."
They walked inside and looked around. "Over there, Jace."
"Ah see em. Ah'm not blahnd!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:25 pm 

OOC: dont worry you got the right one ^-^

Kaosu looked around and saw Jaciynth and Tarya and she waved.
looks like we have another two memebers of the group joining us she said brightly. Its good to see all of you lot again

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:35 pm 
The Broken One

OCC: *sigh of relief*

IC: Jaciynth spat on the floor. "Ah'm gled teh nay say the same aboot yoh."
"Be courteous, brother," Tarya reprimanded with exasperation. "I'm sure i speak for Jaciynth's inner feelings when i say we are both glad to be back your gracious company once again. Did we miss anything of importance?"
"Noothain dat dese imbozos talk aboot kin beh impairntaint," Jaciynth scoffed, making a rude gesture with his hands.
"Jaciynth!" Tarya smacked his arm lightly. "How many times must i tell you? Now sit!"
He stuck out his tongue childishly. "Mek meh."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:54 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"No, not at all, you actually arrived with reletivly good timing." She pulled something out of her pocket, and slipped it on her hand, revealing it to be the bright gold gauntlet from the last adventure. "I was just about give a demonstration on what I have learned since our escape, as well as review what Miss Chaos told us." Narage held out her hand, palm up, and stared at it.

Nothing happened at first, the sunlight simply reflecting of the runes in the center. Slowly the glow strengthened, and began to take shape. Soon, a miniscule duplication of the angel-like figure from before stood just above her palm. Narage explained: "I decided to play with the glove for a while, and I kinda discovered this feature by accident, just by getting the light to filter off of it in the right way... It can sorta play through what she did before, including what she had said. Obviously it took a few spells to be able to control the sort of 'echoes' that it reverberated from it, but anyway, on to our question." The Chaos figure moved, playing out a few selected sequences while Narage concentrated:

It spoke.

"You children have done the impossible, slaying a creature that cannot be slayed, and surviving a battle that should have rightly claimed your life to law."
Narage twitched her finger, skipping ahead--

"I am the Lord of Chaos, or at least part of her.---I am here to point you in the right direction, for this is only the begining of your task.---The sun contains the Lord of Law, and moon, myself. Such is the way of things since the world was remade the last. Yin and Yang, Law sealing Chaos, and Chaos sealing Law.---You are all chosen to be the Defenders of Chaos, as the officials of this world seek to aid Law. Under these circumstances, I am allowed to choose my champions, before I meet my end.---you all must find and keep the Keys of World away from those who wish to extinguish me and restore my brother.---I appologize Kaosu. You and Narage do not recieve gifts. You are one of the Keys of World. It was not my doing that brought you here, as my brother, and myself have no power over your will. As for powers, there are arts reserved only for the Keys, but they must be discovered on your own.---You Defenders of Chaos must find the remaining Keys of World and do whatever you can to keep them from Law, no one but those here can be trusted, your government has been compromised.---Find the Keys, Kaosu will know when you find one. The fate of this dimension rests on your hands, you alone must fend off the Warriors of Law, and restore the balance.
The image disappeared in a shower of transparent sparks, and Narage pulled back her hand. "Well that told us considerably less than I thought it would..." She rested her chin on her folded hands thoughtfully.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:55 pm 
Cererean Princess

What gifts asked Narinsi. I never got any.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:16 pm 
The Broken One

Tarya placed her fingertips to her lips in thought. "Chaos and law. It sounds like the complication you and I are in, brother."
Jaciynth scowled. "Tis no mah folt dat yeh chose dose nenehs et dah Soon Spahre. Yeh belohngs et dah Moon Ahel"
"Moon Isle is wrong. If you only gave Sun Spire a chance-"
"Dinnae want teh!"
Tarya gave her brother a pitful look and shook her head. She turned to Narage. "But this... diety is asking us to follow the ways of chaos. Why should we do such a thing? All should work for the right of the world, not the disorder."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:36 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"What do you mean you never got any? You showed us yourself your shifter powers, and I had specificly asked about special powers on my net site."

Narage ignored Jaciynth, and did her best to answer Tarya. "I wouldn't call it serving her, or promoting chaos. Everything naturally has a bit of chaos, I mean, energy and life is it's very being. Not to mention our government is taking people off the streets and killing who knows how many of them to obtain these 'keys', sounds pretty evil, and even ritualistic to me. But then again, who knows how much she's telling us, there may be a larger picture at play here."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:49 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Skass had been sitting at the bar and listening to the conversation when he finished his 6th ale and spun around and stood by the table with his 7th in his hand. What's up guys.No need to repeat the conversation I heard the whole thing. So..Narge if I remember right... Where are we going?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:14 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea smiled and waved at the sister and brother as they entered the bar. She watched as they came and sat with the group. She still could not place their scent.
What are you? she wondered to herself. Boy, Jaciynth was a fussy man. She quickly turned away before they could accuse her of staring.
She listened as Narage began to speak, and watched the picture of the figure with the others.
"So, basically, we're going to the dark side," Aluillea said with a smile. "I know, before you say anything, I understand what it's really saying," she said before Narage could correct. "The balance is very important. What would happen if Law won out?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:42 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"That," She was getting irritated, "is what we are discussing. And it's Narage, not Narge." But, she was much nicer to the polite Aluillea. "I wouldn't call it 'the dark side,' but yes, the balance is important. Chaos isn't necessarilly a bad thing, human's are simply afraid of change, and that is what it embodies, constant change." She stared at her glass, within it was some egg nog spiked with catnip, but she had hardly touched it.

Suddenly Narage stood and slapped her forehead. "I can't believe I forgot! Excuse me." Glancing at her watch, she turned, and took out a stone from her pocket. Narage stuck it in her ear and twisted it a few times. After a few minutes she twisted it again, and a few minutes later she turned back to them, with a troubled look on her face. "We'll have to leave soon, I have an errand that may concern all of us."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:17 am 
The Broken One

Jaciynth jabbed his sister in the side. "Didst tha wee kitty goo an' klen heir air oot whit ah stoone?" With this he burst into raucous laughter.
Tarya sighed at her brother's rude manner.
"But," she said, trying to drown out her brother, "Chaos isn't just disorder, it's... it's... Chaos." She shook her head. "It is a threat to the entire nature of the world. My Order at Sun Spire-"
"E's fool ahv shite!" Jaciynth burst out, a look of contempt on his face. "Ah say, why noot leht tha' bonny Chaos 'ave ah goo? T'will be fun. Tek et oot ahv yeh arse, dair saista, an' cairs yah blooday Ordair tah hail."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Aluillea stared curoiusly at the stone that Narage revealed.
"What was tha - ?" she was cut of by the fur man (Jaciynth). She looked at him with a slight glare, mad at him for interrupting but at the same time trying to figure out what he said.
"Curious accent," she directed at him. She knew she wouldn't no more than a bitter response just like the last time, so she did not wait for another insulting reply. She turned back to Narage.
"So, what was that? Did it tell you something? What errand are we running?" Aluillea inquired one question after another. She quickly stopped herself before she seemed rude. She had the curiosity of a child, but sometimes it got her in trouble.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:25 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Oh, that was my mind stone, it communicates thoughts with any of the other stones it was enchanted with, I did the enchantment myself, so it is much more secure than any phone." She tucked the stone back into her pocket. "But more importantly is what happened to the one at the other stone. She was supposed to contact me about a half hour ago on the contents of the hard drive I sent her--you know, the one from the lab. I'm afraid something, or someone might have happened to her. I contacted another of my friends who owns an airbus, he will take us to her shop, I didn't tell him much, except that we are doing some theologian research on what could be happening to the sun." She sat down, and took a sip of her drink. "It won't take him long to get here." She placed her hand on her head, and made some annoyed cat noise. "Oy, this isn't good."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:55 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

OOC: This was supposed to come before ersska's statement so im gonna post anyway because i cant type nothin new cause im only on for a few.

IC: Skass ignored the irritated sound in Narage's voice and chuckled at Jaciynth's cleaning hair joke. He finished his 7th ale. and walked back to the bar to get an 8th and a stool when he came back he sat on the stool. Well, I'm just guessing , But i'd wager that's a comminucation device. And I guess that when you turned it you were tuning it?

Offline Profile