Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 pm

Post subject: The Rebirth: It Begins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:22 am 
Anceint Member Guy

Confuson clouded the night as Keara was awakened with a start. A cold sweat broke her brow as another one of her "dreams" was still fresh in her mind. Outside she heard nothing but the soft drops of rain on her roof as they came down at a slow, steady pace. A fine mist rose from the ground and seemed that every light in the small town was nothing more then a shinning gem in gloom. Shaking it off she slowly rose to her feet and put her clothes on. Walking outside she decided she needed to have a look around.

It was more the fact that she was restless after her most recent nightmare. She had seen him again, the warrior she now knew to be her grandfather. Why she was having these dreams, and why she knew things she shouldnt so that they all made sense she couldnt say, but she had to find out. She knew just who to look to, to figure it out to.

She had to find this Alucard...this Jess, and she had to talk to them. She had to know why this was happening and had to know all that they could tell her. Keara had to know why the mark of the hunter was still being passed down to her generation even though the vampires had been gone for decades. It made little sense to her, why such a thing was even needed anymore. However that didnt stop her from training as hard and a serious as the best fighters in the land.

She figured that while she had no idea where to start looking, right here in the streets would be just fine. Her mouth opened a bit and then she yelles there names. She didnt really expect and answer, but if she got one that would be even better. "Alucard! Jess! Can you hear me!??! I need to speak to you...your the only ones that can help!!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:56 am 
Legend of Old

Escaping the gaze of the young warrioress, A small silhouette of a figure on one of the roof tops of a local tavern. In perfet synchronization and camouflage, the entity blended in to the red and beige shillings on the roof flawlessly and remained motionless; watching the young girl with a piercing, golden gaze. Even standing on a bloody roof did not effect the shrouding encasement of his cloak. It was almost like he was like a ghost.

]She knows our name... We haven’t made contact with her since her birth. How does she know our names? Perhaps its time... no! Not yet. I need to confront Jess first. Then we will decide if the time is ripe. Obviously destiny is ready to reveal itself to the young one, but the only question is will she be ready to receive it?

the figure's words faded as his lips grew still. Like a pillar, he stood motionless. The cold, glistening dew began to roll off his shoulders as he continued to watch Keara with an unfaltering glare in his countenance. As the sound of the tiny beads of water hit the roof, the air grew eerily still. The figure snapped his head to the right while dew projected everywhere off of his person from disturbing the previous still-ness.

Jesse? Is that you?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:34 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

The morning sun was Jesse's favourite. the evening sun's glow came a close second but she liked nothing better then embracing the rays of the sun in the morning.

she was floating above the cloud level where the unhindered rays of the sun were warming her body and soul. her magnificient wings of energy projected from her back, surrounding her body in a fire like energy which flickered in and out of focus. it seemed to form the shape of a bird. she was after all half phoenix.

her eyes were closed and her hair was billowing in the jetstream. she was at peace. she had come a long way since she had spoken to Phoebe at the mountain of the sun, many years had past since she had defeated her fathers control over her, finally she had found her place in life.

"Alucard! Jess! Can you hear me!??! I need to speak to you...your the only ones that can help!!"

her eyes snapped open and she turned to the earth and dropped from the sky. finally the time had come, she smiled slightly as she plummeted to the ground.

the clouds whisked past her and she was soon in the lower atmosphere. the temperature dropped but she didn't feel it. the rain sizzled off her body. as she neared the ground she flashed her wings back into existance and a swift beat of them halted her descent. scanning the horizon of the town ahead of her she located her lover's mental tag.

she landed in the shadow next to him and stepped forward

Jesse? Is that you?

Yes my love.

as she stepped forward the heat she eminated evaporated the dew from Alacards clothes. she embraced him and with one hand on his shoulder she looked him in the eye.

It is time.

Last edited by Fyre on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:29 am 
Anceint Member Guy

Keara noticed a change in the air, though just for a second. She didnt see anything but she felt it. It made her look around nervously, what if they didnt want her to find them? What if something that was after them found her and used her to find them? Was that strange feeling them after all? She was uncertain but hoped it was. Taking a few more steps down the street she decided the only way to find out who or what it was, was to call out for them again.

"Are you out there? Whats out there?" she asked calmly, she wasnt really worried, just curious and shaken that her calling out to them woud bring any results to her here in this town. If that was them, did that mean they were watching her? If they were, then why? Now curiousity was definatley getting to her.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:34 am 

for years Jess's job had been to watch over Keara with her love Alacard. together they had kept a constant vigil, neither of them allowing themselves to be seen and always there to see she never came to any harm. It was hard to work from the shadows but they had become very adept at it.

But now things were different. They both knew it, they had anticipated this day for some time now and it was finally here. Keara was aware.

it's only fair we show ourselves. We owe it to her.

she said to Alacard, but before he could answer she had jumped down from the building to the ground below. landing lightly she looked around to get her bearings, there was a rusted old fire escape on the wall and some litter was blowing around, this really was a dingey alleyway. she walked out into the street and turned a right. she knew Alacard would be close behind her so she didn't feel the need to wait for him. To be honest Jess had been hoping for this day for so long that now it was here she felt like a child a christmas

at the next corner she took a left and, there before her, stood Keara.

Keara blinked once or twice, her face showed some kind of recognition, yet it was puzzled. Jess could tell that he sudden appearance had startled Keara a little. Jess smiled with bemusement.

it is time little one.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:10 pm 
Anceint Member Guy

Keara was a bit stunned that her search was to come to a close so soon. She had expected it to take much longer, alot longer then the whole 5 minutes it had taken. In reality it confused her to an extent. Shaking it off he looked over Jess and took in everything she could visually. She didnt want to speak, but she had to confirm what she suspected and knew was right.

So she spoke, she had to, it was an impulse now more then a thought. "Jess?" she asked questioningly. She couldnt think of anyone else for it to be, the physical appearence was a bit difference, but there were to many similarities in the women before her, for it not to be. She wouldnt have to give her name, because if she knew who Jess was it was inevitable that Jess would know her. Or so she hoped. Then the question struck her, time for what? She had to vocalize it, however for a moment she couldnt. Then slowly her lips formed the words and her voice rang out. "Time for what?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:43 pm 

Jess's smile radiated warmth and peace. she was grateful for this meeting, she sorely missed Zeth so she had been looking forward to this day for a long time.

she hoped Alacard wouldn't be too much longer yet she felt he was in the shadows watching. She knew he'd make a move when he saw fit.

I am Jess, Keara...just as you know me, I know you. Though right now the scales are tipped in my favour. I have watched you grow into the young woman you are...

She laughed a light airy laugh as Keara's face grew more confused.

You seemed astonished in the speed in which we responded to your call, well it is because we have always been close at hand, all you ever had to do was call for us and we'd be there...now you have become aware and the time is ripe for our meeting.

She took a step forward and rested her hand on Keara's shoulder. Keara's next question wasn't unexpected. She ran a hand through Keara's hair as she answered.

It's time, little one, for you to realise your destiny...

She longed to go into details, but it wasn't her place to lay out Keara's fate. She was charged with just guiding her and helping her to come to fruition. Alacard also carried this responsability.

Tell me, what do you know of your family history?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:32 pm 
Anceint Member Guy

She was taken aback by what Jess had just told her. They had been watching her since she was little...perhaps since she was born, yet she never noticed them, no one had ever made mention of them, they were like shadows she never knew she had. Then came the question of her family and its history.

"All I really know is that my grandfather, was a hunter. I know he ended the vampires reign of terror and he did it with your help...That and the dreams I keep having..like memories from him. Sometimes I hear a voice narrating them, I just know its his." she said as quickly as she could. She was undeniably nervous and wasnt sure what Jess was talking about. She never thought of her destiny, or who she was to become as anymore then a simple girl, who trained more like a man. "I know that after him, none of the hunters powers ever manifested and I know that he earned great respect when people heard his tale...I know I come from a long line of hunters, a few of which became vampires...and thats it."

She didnt know much more then that. She hadnt been told anymore then that, and never asked for more. Just knowing who her grandfather was and what he did filled her with pride. She was almost afraid of what they would tell her was coming next though. Jess's touch was warm and comforting, but what she meant by her being aware was heavy on her mind. "Aware?" were the only words her lips would let her speak, and more times then not in the form of a question, as she repeated it a few times as if the meaning would become clear.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:11 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
A pile of debree in the alley stirred slightly. It could have easily been a trick of the wind on the pile of collective trash. Sera looked up from her makeshift bed, her neck cramped from the night outside. She saw a woman that seemed alight with a mysterious aura talking to a girl curiously dismayed.

Sera immediatly thought of her appearence, but decided it didn't matter how she looked. It wasn't thier business anyhow, her wallet was drained from her travels and she couldn't afford a place to stay, it wasn't her fault. Besides they didn't seem to notice her, really...

Their voices echoed through the alley, though Seraphim did her best not to listen. It was best not to meddle, just to look for those few people who know about vampires, even looking for the beasts themselves. Momentarily she thought about moving on, but they would obviously notice her...

No, she would stay here until they left. She felt unconfortable under that glow, and a sense that the woman wasn't human, at least not fully, though not undead either.... This piqued her interest, but she again reminded herself not to meddle...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:06 am 
Legend of Old

The sounds of chains rattling echoed through the allies and the shadows. It was a sound quite unnerving for Keara, but it was a welcomed and anticipated sign for Jesse.

The shadows in the corner of the young girl's eyes started to move, but as she quickly turned her head and adjusted her vision to them, they grew still...static...shadowing the walls of the edifices surrounding them with an eerie distilled darkness.

Jesse could tell that the Keara's anxiety and worry started to rise, so with a warm smile continuing to bless her countenance, she placed her hand on her cheek reassuringly.

Don’t fret young one. It is only Alacard.

Keara's eyes grew wide as she was suddenly struck with realization. These were the characters in her dreams. Missing the usual attributes and makings of a normal confrontation, Keara was still stunned that they had been watching her the hole time.

As an odd and opportune silence took hold of the present company, a striek of black shadow stretched from the corners of the unseen to the side of the young female. As the shadows dissipated, a tall enigmatic figure was revealed. Chains were wrapped on both arms touching his shoulder blades as Two Kama's were sheathed at his side. A smile was spread across his face as joy radiated from his golden eyes. His iris just emanated a sense of security which hypnotically lulled Keara into a peaceful state. The anxiety and worry was curved significantly as Alacard placed his hand on her shoulder.

It is true we have been keeping our sights on you. You have quite the shoes to fill darling.

A haze of memory dwelled in his eyes as he realized just how alike the girl and her predecesor Zeth was. He could feel the noble blood running through her veins. Even a half vampire could identify its host.

Ahhh yes... I can sense it. You look just like him little one... You have his spirit resting in your heart and his strength burning in your eyes. It is time then...

Alacard's senses span shortly after detecting another pulse. Someone else was watching them. He could practically hear their heart beat.

Jesse my love... we have company.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:04 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
When a chained figure emerged seemingly from nowhere, Sera's heart quickened. Not from fear, but from anger, she told herself. The figure--Alicard as the strange woman called him--reeked of the Dead.

He must be one of them, she thought solumnly. But why does the girl not run? Surley his presence should cast fear and anxiety? No, he's not threatining or luring. Merely speaking as if she reminds him of someone. Is this some sort of vampiric ritual? No, neither of the others have anything to do with vamp-- Three of his words sliced through her thoughts.

We have company.

Instantly she thought of running at those words, but what good would that do? She stood reluctantly, arms trailing behind, making her look almost half asleep. Straitining herself, Seraphim spoke harshly at the vampire.

What are you doing here, vampire? You reek of their energy, yet no one else notices you, without being fairly close. So if you aren't an accursed one. What are you?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:48 am 
Anceint Member Guy

Keara stepped forward to explain the questioning and stared the person questioning Alucard down. "If my dreams are right, he is a half breed...He helped Zeth my grandfather and the destroyer of the vampire's nations do what he did...Any more questions?" she was calm but threatening all at the same time. It was an eary sound to hear from the girl, and was far from comforting to the by stander.

"Why is it your place to question any of us anyways?" her voice carried the same stern tone to it. Her face showed no emotion, but her eyes said all they needed to. She knew that Jess and Alucard were not normal, and how she new Alucard was a half vamp was easily explained by a dream she had, he dreamt of the night Zeth had met him. "Alucard....Jess....are you trying to tell me the vampires might be a trheat again? Is that what you mean by it is time?" she was slightly over-whelmed at best. "I'm not my grandfather! I dont have his powers....just the hunter's mark...just a birthmark passed down....How can I possibly be anything like him?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:24 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

She was shocked. The hunters had been gone for decades, maybe even a millennia. They couldn't possibly be alive!

You mean the Vampire Hunters, the slayers of old?

Sera backed down slightly, this was most definately beyond her, though she knew, that if she was to avenge her brother she would need to accompany them. She looked at her clothing, the tight-fitting corset; the travel-worn trousers; the dusty leather blouse; and her mother's cross that hung around her thin neck. Was she fit to travel with hunters?

It all became clear in an instant. Of course she was. She had nothing to lose, and that is the most powerful weapon of all, not even a soul to hold her back. Seraphim looked up with new confidence. Grey eyes sparking.

If you are the great hunters, the vampire's bane, than my place is to serve.

Sera stepped forward, drawing her katana. She kneeled, holding it out to the girl, the closest of the three, in servitude.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:16 am 
Anceint Member Guy

Keare blinked a few times then noded. "They are hunters, the two greatest left alive to my knowledge. My grandfather was along with them one of the vampire slayers or old...I share their mark...though I doubt that I share such abilities...I suppose you would have to know of them...to be so willing to help, with whatever it is that has to be done." Still in a slight awe of everything that had happened in the time span of no more then 20 minutes. Was her experience and journey about to truly begin?

Drawing a single Katana she showed it to the newest arrival to make herself known. "This was my grandfather's...along with these two he ended the vampire's reign..." with that she stopped talking and re-sheathed the katana. Then she turned back to Alucard and Jess. "Do either of you understand why I am having these dreams?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:40 am 
Legend of Old

Alacard chuckled slightly at the stranger's display of servitude and loyalty. He could sense the perseverance entwined within her soul and the passion burning in her eyes. She knew of the hunters, which was an oddity in itself, but it was her spirit that enticed him.

Alacard wondered over to the girl and placed a finger under her chin. After lifting it up ever so slightly, she was soon gazing into his radiant, golden eyes. They seemed to be a portal to the past laced with memories of war and peace. She could almost see time itself floating amongst his iris.

Rise girl, you need not pledge to us. Your ambitions are your own. We have no say in your destiny.

Alacard turned his back on the girl and unsheathed a crimson handled Kama from his right side. He then unraveled the chains to reveal a strange mark seared into his flesh. It was the mark of the hunter. He revealed it to Keara while clinching his Kama tightly.

This is the mark of the hunter Keara. This noble mark is one and the same that you possess. It is the same mark Zeth possessed. You may not have his powers right now, but you have definitely something noteworthy flowing through you. Why would we spend all this time watching you from the shadows? I may be half vampire love but I still enjoy the occasional sun set!

With a wry smile, he glanced at Jesse and winked playfully. Afterwards, Alacard turned his head and seemingly gazed into the surrounding darkness, but his words were directed elsewhere...

What is your name girl?

Sera...

I told you to stand on your feet Sera. You are in control of your own destiny, but that doesn’t mean you cannot be apart of ours. Its your decision... not a pledge. What will it be m'lady?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:32 am 

Before you answer youngster, we had better go somewhere more private. indeed these days are getting more dangerous and I don't want to be overheard by someone.

she looked around for somewhere they could go, at the end of the road there was a warehouse.

follow me

the group walked up to the warehouse and with a flick of her hand Jess had opened the door, once they were inside she shut the door again and sealed it with a rune. it was dark, but Jess's ethereal light helped them in their counsel.

Jess looked around,

this will do for now.

she turned to Sera, and smiled.

it would seem as though the fates had intertwined our meeting, it is not pure chance that we have met tonight! and while I cannot predict or know your destiny, as Alacard said, you are indeed welcome among us. do not fear myself or Alacard.

she was talking to both of the youths now

I am the decendant from a long line of half Phoenix's. Alacard is a half vampire, and yet we both share that isignia.

Jess rolled up her sleeve, and there, on her forearm, was the hunters mark.

so you are amongst friends, if you know your hunter lore, you know that we are sworn enemies of the damned.

she turned back to Keara,

as for you my little one, Zeth's blood runs strongly through you, and for that I am grateful, there is hope yet it would seem.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:03 am 
Anceint Member Guy

Keara wasnt spooked, nor did he flinch when the marks were shown to her. She had a very similar one upon her wrist, that few knew even existed. She smiled slightly and noded to the other girl who had joined them. "dAmongst friends indeed." she replied calmly. If this other person, who had just named themself Sera did indeed know of the hunters, then none there would harm her, as Alucard has said, they only killed vampires and those working for them.

"What are you talking about? How is it getting dangerous?" she was calm in her asking, yet her eyes showed a desperation to know what they were talking about. She didnt know a threat existed, nor did she know why these two made her seem so important. "Does this have something to do with my dreams? Someone has to have some answer..."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sera looked up at them, they were kind beyond words. The tales never told of such compassion for humans. Even as they denied her request and told her to stand, she said nothing, it was liberating not having to think for once.

The last few months had been tiresome, dealing endlessly with the loss of family and home. She had desperatly searched for the damned ones who slayed her brother with her humanity, but finding any leads was neigh impossible for one of her stature.

As they entered the warehouse she replayed everything she knew of vampires in her mind. Though it was as nothing to their knowledge, as the experiments were as nightmerish clouds of semi-conscousness within her waning memory.

it would seem as though the fates had intertwined our meeting, it is not pure chance that we have met tonight! and while I cannot predict or know your destiny, as Alacard said, you are indeed welcome among us. do not fear myself or Alacard. I am the decendant from a long line of half Phoenix's. Alacard is a half vampire, and yet we both share that isignia.so you are amongst friends, if you know your hunter lore, you know that we are sworn enemies of the damned.

Seraphim was thankful for the explination, as the lore of them was scarce in these times.

What are you talking about? How is it getting dangerous?

Sera answered as best she could without going to much into her past.

It is. The vampires killed most my family trying to meet their own ends, though I survived just barely.

She turned to the elders of the group, finishing her statement.

This is why I wish to join you.

Last edited by Jishdefish on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:34 pm 

Jess knew that they were going nowhere until she or Alacard had explained the situation. she first turned to Sera

it is a sure sign of what we had feared, this news you bring us is troubling.

then to the whole group, though Alacard knew this already.

Years ago, Alacard, Zeth and I destroyed the Vampire lords who held a dark power over the land, Seth Sacrificed himself for our cause. However a few survived, it was impossible to destroy them all, and so they made a new breed. A sort of uber vamp. They slowly built up a legion and have begun to reclaim their lost territory. Few know about this because any humans that have survived have enslaved.

she shook her head.

Sera, you're experience, though horrific, would seem to be our best lead to find out some more details about this new breed. we have to put a stop to this. Teara, the reason we are helping you, well as Zeth's only heir, you will play an important role in this and also I am sure that the vamps will want revenge on Zeth and his family!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:42 pm 
Legend of Old

Alacard got a sheepish grin wide as a field radiating off his face.

You have been through much, but we have been around a long long time. Things get better. Life continues to flow. everything in the end turns out alright.

He paused with a light chuckle, and then continued.

It is our job to make sure it does. Right Jesse?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:07 pm 

Jess beamed, her aura grew brighter which reflected her emotion.

Indeed it is, we've been there before and we've made it alright in the end before. Even if it was at the loss of Zeth. We'll aid you now. I'm willing to bet that this new breed of Vampire hasn't banked upon Zeth's heir having the help of two hunters.

She smiled

There's hope that the enemy thinks like everyone else, that the line of hunters ended with Zeth, Alacard and I. Perhaps they think we are dead. We can hold on to that hope for a short while. At least until we are attacked or discovered.

Something suddenly was out of place. Jess's mind caught another presence, an ominous one, outside. She looked at Alacard, he seemed to feel it too.

We're not alone. You two stay here. Sera, stay close to Teara and guard her.

She turned to Alacard.

Shall we, my love?

She floated over to the door, removed the rune and opened it. Together they stepped outside and once there she resealed the door. The street was dark and the drizzle had turned into a torrential downpour. They couldn't see more then 4 feet in any direction. Although the rain didn't touch Jess, she couldn't banish it all, it would exhaust her.

To their left a trash can fell was knocked over. They turned suddenly to see what it was, and a cat ran up to them and rubbed itself against their legs, soaked through. Jess smiled and bent down to pet it and then the attack came. With a hiss a dart embeded itself in her shoulder. Taken by suprise she let out a yelp of pain. The cat vanished and she realised it had been an illusion, designed to distract them, and she had fallen for it too.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:22 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sera complied, moving closer to Teara. She was careful not to touch her, it wouldn't do to drain her, especially when she was surrounded by hunters. Who knows what they would do if they discovered her curse.

A yelp of pain sounded after Jess had stepped outside, something was out there. She took ahold of a kunai at her belt, spining it into her palm. She preyed that it was a false alarm, and that she had merly been surprized by a dog or something, but that was unlikely. Her other hand, went to her katana, but she didn't draw it just yet.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:36 am 
Anceint Member Guy

Keara's hand flew to one of the katana as she slipped around Sera. She was a fighter, even without the abilities of the hunter. As soon as Jess was struck they came down upon them. No less then ten vampires moved against the two in the warehouse. Keara having no idea how many were outside. This was not good and instinct would have to take over if anyone was to stand a chance.

Rapid movements quicker then Keara ever knew she could track were made and blocked. "But....how?" where the words she uttered as her hands instinctivley stopped a strike. Sword moved quicker then she knew she could and a vampire fell dead...an uber vamp. How did they discover her so quickly, she hadnt even discovered herself. Whatever intelligence and organization they had, they were good, and there were nine left that Keara knew of.

(OOC: Sorry it took so long. Work and my internet going down were contributig factors.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:24 am 

her shoulder was burning but Jess gritted her teeth and pulled a barbed dart out. from the shadows 5 vamps came at her and alacard.

she clapped her hands together and her aura blazed brighter, the two massive wings of energy erupted from her back and with one swift beat she was aloft.

from this vantage point she withdrew her trusty crossbow and loaded it with garlic tipped darts. she aimed at the vamp who had shot her and fired. the dart from her crossbow hit the target in its shoulder. the vampire lost the use of it's right arm as the garlic seeped into the wound. but this was no ordinary vampire. before they would have killed a vamp but now her darts were causing no permanent damage. her mind flashed to the warehouse and inside she sensed more fighting. how had they gotten in there? her seals hadn't been broken.

she snapped back to the present situation and narrowly missed another shot from the attacker.

raising her hands two great bird like talons of energy covered them. she slashed down and tore at the nearest vamp, rendering it apart. it was brutal but it was the only way to stop them. and even that wasn't totally effective as the legs and torso fumbled around, looking to re-connect.

My love, I fear we are outmatched, our enemy has changed and we need to leave this place and learn more about them.

she shouted down to alacard.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:05 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Keara jumped in front of her, but before Sera could protest, she saw the first of them, paralizing her with blinding flashes of horrid memory. She stepped, not around the girl but to the side bringing her own blade into the frey, although it was nothing compared to what Keara was doing.

Having never fought vampires before, she was surprized by their speed, and agility. Like an animal for prey, for that's what they were, prey. Between parrys and thrusts she looked desperatly for a way out of the warehouse.

Offline Profile