Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Twilight
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:04 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
A chill breeze filled the hall, and Myrtle stepped from the shadows from which the team of adventurers had just passed.

"Someone mind telling me what's going on?" Myrtle smiled, not quite wide enough to show her fangs, thinking it was better that way with the way their allegiances were tuned. Of course her paler complexion and her mother's now bloodstained coat she was using as a cloak might give it away. It did cover the fang marks on her neck, though. "I do think leaving me to die deserves some sort of explanation of your intentions."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 pm 
Matrix Operator

The number of weapons that were abruptly aimed at Myrtle would make Jason laugh later. Recognizing her, Jason lowered his M4s but kept the safety off. “We thought you were dead… what happened? And what are you doing here?”

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:27 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Wasn't Mrytle human? :lol:

"You were dead. I'm sure of it..." He scrutinised Myrtle. "You're not human."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:42 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
OOC: Well, if you'd bother to visit the OOC forum. :roll: She used to be human, yes.

IC: She tensed at the weapons being pointed at her, but she supposed it was to be expected with this lot. You're not human.

She giggled, and it turned into uproarious laughter. "Sorry, yeah, I'm turned. It's just this struck me funny, I never thought I'd say something like 'I am a vampire.' It's so, well, fictional." She was leaning forward, hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. She pulled at the coat's collar, revealing the bite mark. "I was brought here, to this building, while I was still recuperating I guess, since then my savior seems to have disappeared. I never did get a chance to thank whoever it was..." She frowned. "You know, you guys left quite a trail to follow, vampire bodies and dust everywhere. You didn't even bother to disguise the doors you busted down. I just followed the anarchy right to you." She nodded to Jason. "You said you were going to find out what blocked the sun, right?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:09 pm 
Matrix Operator

At the sight of the bite marks, Jason raised the M4s again. "Yes. We were looking to find the answer. And here you show up conveniently, ready to help." His eyes narrowed. "You're vampire now. You could have retained your human mind-" the main reason he hadn't fired yet- "or you could be a servant of Them. How do we know you're really on our side?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Umm... how do I prove myself is a better question..." Her hands in the air, she jerked her thumb towards her cloak. "This was my mother's coat, but she's long dead. My dad, I told you all he was on the space station." She swallowed back her grief, though it wasn't nearly as pronounced as when she was human. "He's my reason to stop these people, you know that, I'd... never...." She shook her head. "I'd never betray his memory." Myrtle looked Jason in the eyes, "I am myself, and I am with you all, and I know you know something about the darkness that killed him and so many others. What did They do?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:34 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Killed my entire family in front of my eyes." Jason stared into her eyes for a moment, then lowered his guns and flipped the safeties on. "I believe you. Okay, here's the plan. The vampires have harnessed long-forgotten ley lines to build a machine that is sustaining a dust cloud around the sun. We've been planting explosives around the castle, and for maximum effect the last has to go in the throne room. We're going to charge right in, hit 'em hard and fast so they don't have time to react. Do you want to stock up on guns before we go?" Something in her eyes, or something in her tone, had convinced Jason that she was telling the truth.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Got it covered, really." She slipped back down the hallway a ways and came back with a duffel bag. "Didn't think it wise to approach a group of vampire hunters with a bag full of guns and explosives." She pulled out a grenade. "You guys passed the arsenal, so I picked up some weapons to use, if you didn't kill me of course." She pulled out a crossbow. "I preferred my spear shooter, but it was gone when I woke up. I also found some explosive bolts if we need them for taking down the building. Wooden ones will be just fine for well... others like me and Mariah. I also have some grenades and a couple more of these if necessary." Myrtle still wasn't completely comfortable using the term 'vampire.'

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:43 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Arian was dusting herself off from when she had tackled Ivan when Tobias spoke.

Arian, what's wrong with the bedchambers?

"I -." Arian's reply was cut off by someone else entering the hall. She turned. Another vampire. . .Apparantly, this one had been part of the group before. Arian silently listened to the conversation between the group and the newcomer, hoping to learn more about this supposed group of saviors.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:08 am 
Cererean Princess

"Myrtle, which vampire bit you?" Tobias asked. "You might be in with a chance of becoming Human again oncwe we kill the vampire lord. It all depends on whether you were one of their" he paused "for want of a better word - spawn."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:20 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"I don't know..." Myrtle shivered as she recalled the horrible experience of having her life drained out of her. "I was nearly gone by the time whoever it was got to me, and when I woke up here I was alone. I did smell a certain odor though on my clothes and stuff after I woke up... like cinnamon, but mustier and slightly sickening." She sniffed as if to recall the memory of the smell, but caught a whiff of human instead. "Wow! You guys smell like... like fruit!" Her breathing quickened and she covered her mouth with her hand. "I didn't mean.. I mean sorry."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

"It's all right," Jason replied, giving her an odd glance. "I could comment on what you smell like, but it's a little less flattering."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:44 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

As the group greets their returned friend, a steady thumping takes up down the hall. Those with sharp ears would quickly pick out the rythym to be footsteps of a large creature moving slowly down the hall. As a dark figure draws near to the band of Vampire slayers, he appears to be a massive, two legged wolf. The creature stops a short ways from the group, ignoring any weapons they may have directed at him, and lifts it's head. The beast's black nose points directly at Jason, when a rumbling voice echoes down the hall. It is obviously a man's voice, but so deep that it sounds more like rolling thunder.

"And it's no, nay, never,
no, nay, never, no more
will I play the wild rover
no, never, no more "

The beast's head rises even more, to an impossiblle angle when suddenly...A bearded face appears. Upon closer inspection, the animal's face was in fact a hood, and the two legged wolf was indeed a man with a cloak of furs. A right hand finds it's way from amidst the animal pelts to greet them. "Hail."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:58 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"What would that be, apple boy?" She turned to the newcomer, amidst his cloak of furs. "You are new, who might you be? I'm Myrtle, engineer." Myrtle fidgeted, there was something about him she didn't like, but couldn't quite place it. He smelled like pineapple to Myrtle's new and odd vampiric senses. She hated pineapple, but at the same time she wasn't against giving it another chance. No, no feeding, this can be reversed, remember? another voice spoke in lower tones, But, what if you were bitten by a more powerful one, and won't be cured? This could be your only chance to eat... to gain the strength to fight... Myrtle shook off both voices, doing her best to ignore them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:51 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan slowly lifted himself off the ground, and dusted himself off. It was obvious that someone or something there was starting to work the very same magic sap on him that all the others had already undergone while being there. Then he glanced over at the two newcomers. A vampire woman who the group all seemed to already know, and a man covered in wolf skin. He cringed at the sight of it. His uncle the young master Maryin was tied to the wolf race. So in a sense it was almost like the man had the skin of his kin around his neck.

Not wishing to look at the man for too long he glanced away, and turned his attention to the vampiress in the room. It only too one look in her eyes to catch the signs of blood lust in them. Cautiously he made his way up to her until they were face to face.

You haven't fed since you've been turned, have you? I can't have you running around with this group, and run the risk of your will breaking, and you feeding on one of them. Surely you understand that. Here, My blood isn't technically human, but it isn't the rotting blood of a vampire either. So like me you won't have gone though the nessesary steps to be a full fledged vampire, but under different terms.

Ivan held his wrist out to her as an offering, hopping she hadn't starved herself too much. He was still mortal after all, and could still bleed to death.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:44 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Arian's eyes flashed when she saw the man in furs. She'd never liked the idea of wearing someone else coat, and thought humans were disgusting creatures for doing so.
Turning her attention away from the newcomer, Arian listened to Ivan's conversation with the new vampire, Myrtle. Listening to him talk about feeding made Arian remember how hungry she was. She watched as Ivan offered Myrtle his wrist. Her stomach growled. Arian quickly covered her and turned away.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:58 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

You haven't fed since you've been turned, have you? I can't have you running around with this group, and run the risk of your will breaking, and you feeding on one of them. Surely you understand that. Here, My blood isn't technically human, but it isn't the rotting blood of a vampire either. So like me you won't have gone though the nessesary steps to be a full fledged vampire, but under different terms.

Myrtle looked dauntingly at the arm offered her. She was thirsty but she'd never done anything like this before. "I understand your logic here, and that you're being awful generous, but do you have a cup or something to put it in? Your arm just seems so... unsanitary. No offense, I hope." She blushed and looked down, embarrassed despite her hunger. There were classy vampires weren't there? I can definitely remember vampires drinking blood from crystal chalices, but was that just a movie thing? At the same time she could almost hear the slap of her darker voice doing a face-palm.

OOC: I wrote this over 4 hours ago, but my internets quit on me before I could post. Kudos, isp, kudos. :thwack:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: lol, you have to speak nicely to it. offer to take it to the movies, and remember to hold the door for it. :lol: :P

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:43 am 
Cererean Princess

"When did you last feed," Tobias asked Myrtle. "You obviously have, oterwise you wouldn't be a full vampire. For an example of someone who was bitten but isn't a full vampire, see Jason." He thought for a monet. "At least that's the conclusion I drew from reading the studies."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:26 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"I don't... What makes you think I'm a full vamp? I've never fed... not that I remember anyway. I woke up here, I haven't seen anyone but you all since I've been this way." She shook her head, she had begun to develop a headache.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:34 pm 
Matrix Operator

Painfully reminded of his current condition, Jason ran his tongue over his elongated canines before turning to Arian. "So, what is wrong with the bedchambers?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:43 am 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
OOC: Sorry guys i am in germany. SOmeone fill me in on everything i missed. There are so many posts to go through. I jsut need the general.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:01 am 
Godsin Queen

Ivan sighed, and looked around the room half expecting to find a cup on the floor some where.

and were would you have me produce said cup? Besides distiled blood is no good to vampires. Not fresh ones at lest. Even if i had a cup it would be to aired out for you to drink. Ivan gave the vampiress a bit more of an incentive by biting a small slit in his arm and holding it under her nose.

The more a person is drain the more likely they will be more vampire like. I smell mostly humans here which suggest while you might have been bitten you did not have enough blood drawn to be infected properly. So where as you might have a craving from time to time you will remain human so long as you don't give into those cravings. It also depends on the class of vampire who has given the bite. It's a bit more complicated than I care to delve into. I suspect your friend here was probably drained to near death. She's far past the ability to remain unfed. Which would explain her current state, and her loss of suroundings. Just look at those eyes, and the way she glances from person to person. She's fighting it as we speak. Ivan explained as calmly as he could.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:23 am 
Solitary Serpent

OOC: wut2say, we're still trying to decide which way to go. dragonmaster joined in, and Jish's character, Myrtle, has returned to the group. She was apparently bitten by a vampire and brought to the castle. And Ivan is now trying to get her to feed.

IC: "I don't remember," Arian answered Jason's and Tobias' question about the bedchambers, but didn't know if they were still listening.
She stood almost in a trance, watching Ivan's wrist as he waved it in front of Mytle. Arian groaned as her stomach growled again. Why does he have to talk about food?! I haven't fed in days! she said to herself as she once again covered her stomach and turned away.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:00 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Myrtle apparently had enough fluids to drool, and she did so at the smell of blood. "Okay, only if you say so..." she said, already entranced. She licked the bit that had already begun to run down his arm and bit down, hard and took a good long drink. She pulled back. "I think that will be enough." Myrtle felt brand new now and was practically buzzing. "Wowzers! That's like caffeine to us! No more than caffeine! It kicks caffeine's a$$!"

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next