Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Twilight
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:48 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
OC: ACK ACH.... Ok, i'm home for the summer now i'll try and catch up.

IC: Mariah pushed Ivan as she ran by him, "WHy do you ruin all my fun by finding what we need?" She stood behind Ivan and made faces at the vampires fighting against Ivan, she side glanced at him, "Do you want some help, or can i keep playing with them? Cause this is fun."

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:27 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: The main hall looks like... a main hall. It's got to be gothic, with doors around the edge. As well as being a feast place for the vamps, so add sand to the floor.

IC: Tobias launched himself at a vampire, slashing at it with his claws. Claws? WTF? he thought after he realized this fact. The rest of his body felt normal, but his hands - no, he corrected himself, claws - had taken on somekind of a Lycanic look. "Whoa, this is fun!" he shouted as he sliced a vampires heart out. "Especially given the extra energy available to me now..."

OOC: That 'extra energy' was a plot device I was forced to include, after repeated attempts earlier in the RP to kill off my character.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:46 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason sprinted through the door past Ivan, skidding to a halt. Grabbing the crystal out of his pack, he started to figure out the best place to throw it.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:19 am 
Godsin Queen

Ivan glanced over at Mariah for a moment trying to figure out if she were really serious or not, judging by her movement it seem that she indeed was.

I don't think it would be a good idea to continue to play with them for much longer. We'll need to start making our way out of here. As soon as they give the word this place is going to be a bunch of pretty fireworks.

Ivan said this as he watched the others run though the main hall's doorway. He took this as his cue to start making his way toward the door as well, while still fighting off the hoard of vampires trying to overpower the two of them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:21 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
"Pretty deadly though, right?" She reloaded her crossbow, but a vampire rushed her while she was busy doing so. Myrtle kicked him in the stomach, knocking the breath out of him. She guessed this particular vampire hadn't realized that he didn't need breath anymore. Either way, she took the now loaded crossbow and shot it point-blank through his heart. "Sorry." she couldn't help muttering at the poor soulless creature.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:17 pm 
Cererean Princess

"In that case, we'd be better off balsting our way out of here," Tobias replied in responce to Ivan. "Which path offers the least resistence?" He looked around. "Oh wait, we're almost there. Just a hallway to go, and a few doors..." he said as he ran towards the exit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:01 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Myrtle followed, keeping the vamps at bay with a shot or two at a time, but suddenly everything went black. "I.. I can't see." She stopped, suddenly very afraid. She could still hear them, and smell them, the vampires groping in the dark with them. "They must have hit the power... Do stronger vampires need light? Is it the--" She was cut off as a vampire lunged at the sound of her voice and knocked her to the ground. It bit her, she guessed because she smelled so humanly still, but she kneed him where no human or vampire male wants to take a shot, and beat him silly with her crossbow. "Great plan, they attack melee mostly anyway. They can get closer."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:19 am 
Cererean Princess

"Oh great, we know have to fight in the dark." Tobias looked around. "Well, I don't have to, at least," he said as his eyes altered to the darkness. He saw Myrtle beating up a vampire with her crossbow and Ivan making his way towards the door, Mariah next to him. Falconer was alreadty through the door. Someone was missing... "Where's Arian?" He remembered. "Oh, already through the door. I guess I need to go as well." Sprinting past Ivan and Mariah, he ran to Myrtle. "Need any hekp?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

The voice came from beside her and she recognized it as the hybrid who had let her feed. "With him, no, but a guide through this darkness would be very appreciated."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 am 
Matrix Operator

"S***," Jason swore as the lights went out. Reaching for his flashlight, he found to his chagrin that it had fallen out of his pack at some point earlier.
With the lights out, he focused on listening. As he heard a sound, he ducked low just in time to avoid being grabbed and stabbed a vampire through the stomach, then the chest. Reaching for the rocket launcher that was still strapped to his back, he quietly pulled it up onto his shoulder. Tobias? he thought as hard as he could, remembering Tobias mention a mind-reading ability of sorts. Tobias, get everyone out of here. Now. I know what we have to do. Get everyone out of here.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:42 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan began aimlessly swinging in the dark as he waited for his eyes to adjust to the dark. As soon as they did he followed the others to the door dragging Mariah along with him to keep her from getting left behind. Meanwhile his pendent started to glow a cool blue light providing a small amount of light for the others to see by.

He glanced werrily at Jason seeing him reach for the rocket launcher he'd brought with him before.
You're planing on shooting that thing at the beams once we get to the door aren't you? If that was the case he wasn't so sure he liked the idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Arian let out a small laugh as the lights went out. Darkness was one thing she definitely was not afraid of. She didn't have to hide anymore.

"Where's Arian?"

"I'm here," Arian answered Tobias. Her voice was a little lower and somewhat raspy. Without hesitation, Arian turned and plowed into two of the nearest vampires, her hands now deadly claws and her teeth becoming fangs.

OOC: Sorry guys, I'm trying to post regularly but internet access is scarce at the moment. . .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:19 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: Thanks for dragging me with you :)

IC: Mariah glanced around in the faint glow of Ivan's pendant, "Nice touch, now we can see them starting with just a few feet away instead of none at all...though you are now an emmensely lit target." She patted Ivan on the back and took a few steps away from Ivan's glowing self as they continued to follow the others. "I'll keep watch from here in the dark ok? If anything happens holler and i'll come flying teeth barred." She smiled, though the darkness hid it, "Sound like a plan?" She ducked at Ivan's flailing arms flew her way. "Hey, watch where you're swinging those. I'm on your side." SHe spun around as a slight hiss erupted behind her. She shot her foot out towards the sound and felt it make a solid thud into a stomach. "Bam!"

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:11 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason looked directly into Ivan's eyes. "Something like that. Get everyone out of here. Mariah, Arian, Tobias, everyone." He paused to jam his knife into a vampire's throat. "I know what we have to do. Once outside, I need you to sever the energy connection. The crystals should remain stable for a few minutes." Unholstering his last pistol, he emptied the clip in a wide spray pattern as something moved to the left. "Go! Now!"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan didn't like that look at all. He'd seen it plenty of times before in the past. He'd seen the same look in his father's eyes years ago before he disappeared in an array of explosions. It was a look of a man looking death in the face.

you better come back from this. He told Jason sternly, and started to usher the others out of the building.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah pushed against Ivan, glancing between him and Jason, "Hey, Hey, I dont like how that sounds. Time out." She planted herself in front of Ivan, "WHy do you have to say things like that?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:06 am 
Cererean Princess

"Uh.. guys?" Tobias called to them. "We need to listen to Jason and get out now. If he survives, he survives. If he doesn't... well, better to sacrifice the one to save the many." He looked at Jason. "Isn't that correct?"

With that, he began to leave the building. "Are you guys coming with me or not?" Glancing around for vampires, he spotted Arian tearing into vampires with her claws. No suprise there he thought. The vampire flood was beginning to slow down now. "Looks like they've realised they can't win the fight" he called to the others, before noticing that some of the vampires were instead heading outside. "We need to get this thing over with, before they all realise what's happening!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am 
Matrix Operator

Jason turned, firing in a spread pattern. "I'll be fine, Mariah, there's no time. Go!"
As the others turned away, Jason withdrew a syringe of garlic extract that Tobias had given him at the lab, seeming years ago. Gritting his teeth, he knelt and jabbed the needle in, fighting back waves of pain as he depressed the plunger.
His vision blurred, and the whole world spun around him. A moment later, everything began to settle, and he straightened, feeling the last traces of vampirism drop away. "I will not go to the grave as a servant of darkness," he growled, reaching for a gun.
Nothing. He patted himself down, but he was out, and his last knife was somewhere on the floor.
As soon as the last person got out of the room, Jason raised the launcher and fired. With a loud swooshing noise, the rocket streaked forward, impacting just above the door frame. A crumbling roar accompanied the slow collapse of that part of the wall, sealing the passageway permanently. The flash from the blast illuminated the large room briefly, showing dozens of vampires converging on him from all directions.
Jason glanced at the faintly glowing crystal on the ground. Slowly, the glow began to increase in magnitude.
"Good work, Ivan," he whispered.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:34 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

"And the hero falls with his enemy..." Myrtle murmured, following a ways behind as the group fled the facility. "But, who's to say that's his only enemy. Evil will always exist in the world."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:08 pm 
Cererean Princess

Looking back, Tobias saw the building begin to fall behind them. "Run!" he yelled to the others, glancing back to see how long they had. A minute, give or take 30 seconds. More than enough time if they were quick. Time, time...

"Slow down. Now. Back there" he commanded time, focsing on the falling building. If he could pull the same trick he did before, they should get out. From the look of things, it was working.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 am 
Matrix Operator

With only his bare hands, Jason had no means of killing the vampires, but he was doing a fair job of beating the living tar out of them.
Nearby, the crystal began to flash faster and faster.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:56 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ooc:

Ic:
Ivan ushered those who tried to stay behind out as well as he could, and as soon as everyone was safely though the main door Ivan used one last burst of energy to sever himself from the crystals and the energy source he'd used to charge them to begin with. He'd need to make sure they all cleared the area around the building soon our they'd all be burried in rubble. He looked back at the building behind them with uneasiness. Jason didn't appear to be making very good progress, he'd be killed in the explosion if he didn't get out soon. He gave those in front of him one last shove to safety and headed back into the vampire infested building.

Don't follow me! Just run! He yelled at them as he disappeared back into the building.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:37 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah shook her head as she watched Ivan run back, "No you dont." She ran back after him, grabbing him shortly after they disappeared from view. She spun him to face her, "Are you crazy? This is not the moment in time where everyone pulls a, 'oh, i should dive back in a create my own personal suicide mission.' Now you get back outside and let's finish this thing." She shook his shoulders, "Get this through your head, we are not going to pick ourselves out one by one. I dont care what you're planning to do in here anyway, let's just get out. NOW."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc: don't worry Ivan isn't suicidal

Ic:

Ivan glared at her and pushed her aside. He walked a few paces past her before pausing to speak to her.

Don't you get it? The more you try to stop me the less time i have to a sure my own survival. You do care enough to want me to live don't you? You should go back to the others. I won't try to save you for a second time. Ivan's words were cold and harsh even, especially for him.

He didn't wait for a response after that. He simply continued on with his self assigned mission, and just before he marched out of sight he plucked a vampire from the mass of madness surrounding them, and bit into it's neck. He drained the poor creature in a matter of mins and was soon racing down to the main hall with the ease and grace of a true vampire lord in the same beastly form he'd taken the last time he'd fed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:15 am 
Cererean Princess

IC: Oh great, people are heading back in to the maw Tobias thought. Well, I suppose I could help them. Focusing, he slowed down time further, whle insulating Jason and Ivan from it's effects. "That's the best I can do with my current energy reserves," he called to Ivan. "last time, I had nearly a decade and a half of pent up energy to spend in a few seconds."

OOC: There's my excuse for the earlier plot device: it was the pent up energy that I'd had from birth, so I couldn't pull the same stunt again.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next