Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:19 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:12 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason turned to face her. "The world in general? MY world is falling apart. You remember how I was gone for a while? My girlfriend was shot by looters. My best friend became a vampire- he came to his senses briefly, and begged me to kill him before he hurt anyone. My family have all either been killed or vanished. Looters destroyed my home. My job does not even exist anymore. I don't know whom I can trust anymore! So if you want to mock me, vampire, I suggest you find out who you're mocking." He slammed a desk into place and turned and stalked off into the building.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:13 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Zera clambered to her feet. She groaned again and walked over to the group. "I second that."

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:23 pm 
Cererean Princess

Better get the barricades up. He focused and dumped all the rubble in the entrances. I need some sleep Tobias said and flopped down onto an old sofa. He fell asleep instantly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:18 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason stood on the rooftop of the building, deep in thought. I never thought this day would come. The prophecies spoke of a coming apocalypse, but I never dreamed that it would turn out like this. Maybe Mariah was right. I am tired.
"No," he said aloud to himself. "A Slayer never rests when there is work to do." Unwinding a grapnel, he lowered himself down onto the street, where he rewound the thin cord. Jason picked up a piece of wood from the barricades, and cut the end into a sharp point. "Now, to work," he murmurred as he creapt off into the night.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:24 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Mariah watched as Jason left, he's too stubborn to know when to stop. if he doesnt rest, he'll hurt himself. She looked over at Tobias crashed on the couch then back to where Jason had dissappeared to, "I suggest you realize when you are being mocked and when you have a friend Jason, or else your world will never get any better" The air swallowed up her words as she leaned her head on her hands and fell asleep.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:41 am 
Matrix Operator

Jason slipped around the to the side of the abandoned jeep. Good. Keys are still here.He hauled the corpse of the driver out of the seat and gingerly climbed in.
It was a short drive to the building where the others had taken refuge. Jason carefully pulled up, parking the car smack up against the door. "Yes," he said to no-one in particular. "This is an excellent barricade." He climbed out, then used his grapnel to get to the roof.

The building they were in was an old office building, taller than any other in the area. Jason settled himself down in a corner, and for the first time in days, slipped off to sleep, one hand still clenched around his pistol.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:42 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

OOC: haha i was confused. when i said "i second that" i meant what Mariah said about resting; i didn't see what Jason had said. oops.

IC: Zera heard the thunk of something against the door. she looked outside and saw it was just Jason barricading the door. She walked back to the wall, intending to sleep, but she never ended up closing her eyes. She stared into space, thinking.

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:11 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah stirred from her sleep and saw Jason just drifting off, she smiled, hopefully we can be rested up now SHe looked around and saw Zera staring off into space. SHe walked over to her, "Cant sleep?"

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:04 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

"Not particularly. You know, becoming a vampire, joining a group of a vampire, werewolf, hunter, and mutant... oh, and finding out the world might end. Just have a lot to think about."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:15 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah laughed, "I dont blame you." She looked out over the view. "If there was ever a time and place for thinking, it would be here." She sat in silence looking out over the city, rembering her past.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:17 pm 
Cererean Princess

Tobias floated in an Abyss. Vamires and hunters haunted his dream. His friends and family were being haunted by vampires.

Suddenly he woke with a start. They were in danger. He started towards the door. "Where are you going?" Mariah and Zera asked him.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:36 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason came awake as Tobias' mental anguish reached him. He stood, instantly alert. "I sense it too."

OCC: sense what exactly?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Friends and Family

IC: I need to find my friends and family Tobias said. They're being hunted. Anyone gonna help me?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:02 am 
Matrix Operator

"I will." Jason prepared to leave. "Not to brag, but I'm probably your best bet on finding them." He produced a GPS. "Got this off the car outside."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:45 pm 
Cererean Princess

Right. I'm going. Tobias picked up the crossbow the late Mytle had been using, climbed up to the next leval and jumped to the ground. Jason landed beside him.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:33 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah scrambled to her feet. "Hey wait up!" she turned to Zera, "Are you coming." She jumped off and ran after Tobias and Jason. Once she caught up she asked, "So what exactly made this spur of the moment descision? I'm not saying your family isnt important, it's just, that was a really quick BAM moment."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:21 am 
Cererean Princess

They weren't in danger before. Tobias noticed a minibus near them. He ran up and hijacked it. Anyone know how to drive this thing?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:47 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah shook her head, "If i knew how to drive, i wouldnt wait 'til night fall to travel, i would drive. Sorry i'm no help."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:50 am 
Matrix Operator

"I'll drive." Jason opened the panel and hotwired the car. "Where're we going?" He touched two wires and the engine started up.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:25 pm 
Cererean Princess

Ever heard of Carnforth? Get me near Lancaster and I can find them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:14 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: never heard of it.

IC: Jason stepped on the accelerator, sending the passengers to the floor. "Hang on, moving vehicules are targets for looters." He sped down the streets, firing at anyone that tried to stop them. Jason drove like a wild demon, occasionally skidding around corners on two wheels.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:31 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah fell backwards and grabbed the nearest thing to her to try and stop her fall, which happened to be Tobias, "Sorry." She worked her way up to Jason, "You said we were a target for looters, but i dont suppose you could tone it down, just a notch. I prefer to leave this thing in one peice. No pressure or anything."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:27 am 
Matrix Operator

As they approached a bridge, Jason saw two men at the controls. The bridge began to rise. "Hold on tight!" He gunned the engine, raceing towards the ramp. A moment later, they were airborne.
After a few slow, death-defying seconds they landed with a thump onto the other half of the bridge. Jason slowed down the 50 mph as he turned to the others. "Now, what was that you were saying?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:46 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah opened her eyes and started to breathe normally again, "Please promise that you'll never do that again." She walked to the back and looked at the bridge fading in the distance. "If you had been any later, we would have been falling into water, and that's never pleasant." She sank into a near by chair and closed her eyes again, "Somehow, this seems harder than before, atleast there was a cycle, now, it's chaos."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:19 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I never misjudge my timing," said Jason with a slightly huffy tone. "And chaos or no chaos, that dust cloud around the sun won't be going away for a while, so we have bigger concerns." He veered slightly to avoid hitting a corpse in the road. "Like whether we'll live to see tomorrow."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next