Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Twilight
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:26 am 
Matrix Operator

IC: Jason had just made a delivery of a round of knuckle sandwiches when he heard sounds of arguing and realized who it was, as time started to twist around him. Dammit, dammit, dammit! The crystal, affected by the time twist as well, started to slow down. "No!" he yelped diving for it. If they didn't detonate the charges soon, this whole mission would be a failure.
Grabbing the crystal in his hands, Jason felt it reenter the time stream. "Ivan! Get out of here!" he bellowed before raising the crystal and smashing it onto the floor, releasing the energy inside and starting the chain reaction, giving Ivan mere seconds to get out of the building.
Inside the main hall, Jason felt the most intense heat he'd ever known hit him, followed by a blinding flash of light-

OCC: I'm actually trying to kill him off, felt like starting a new character.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:17 pm 
Godsin Queen

ooc: er, ok, but I'm not going to leave your body there to rot. It's not my style.

ic:

Ivan got close enough to see what was happening, and he yelled out to try and stop Jason but it was already too late. The blast from the crystal sent him falling to what Ivan knew was his death. He didn't know much physics but he knew enough to know that such a rush of energy would cause his heart to stop, and there was nothing anyone could do for him after that.

Tears welled up in his still red glowing eyes from changing forms, but as they did his body started taking back it's normal form. He'd have to get out quick in order to get out alive. Being a man of strict principals Ivan used the last of his time in the demonic form to scoop up the body, and Mariah and made a mad dash for the door.

He felt his body still changing back to normal as he ran to safety. The two in his arms getting harder to carry as it did, Forcing him to slow his pace to keep from overdoing it.

When he was more sure of their survival rate he stopped long enough to place Mariah on her own feet, and readjust the weight he was still carrying. Then he continued to press forward, his pace was still slightly slower than usual.

He cursed himself under his breath for not making it there in time to save his life. Had he only been faster he could have gotten there with time to spare. "Now, I'm not just a freak of nature but a failure as well." He though begrudgingly to himself, still fighting back the tears building up in his eyes. Slightly blurring his vision.

Even with how he felt, that was one thing he couldn't understand. He never had a reason to show any emotions for anyone other than Cleeishies, and he couldn't see himself crying. Not here, not now.

Then a loud thunderous roar met his ears, and a wave of heat knocked him and his cargo to the ground below.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:11 am 
Cererean Princess

OOC: The vampires are dead, so I'm safe on the ground to get rest.

IC: "Get out of here. NOW!" Tobias yelled at the frightened group of humans who were with Mariah, Arian, and Mrytle. "As well as you," he said to those three. "I'll be fine."

Turning back to the prone body of Ivan, he sprinted over, throwing himself to the ground at the same time as throwing a shield around both of them. It should hold for the next few seconds... hopefully that would be sufficient time for the explosion to finish. It was, although those few seconds were like an eternity to him. When it ended he cut the shield, and lay there on the floor, exhaustion pulling him under. Above him, the sun began to shine for the first time in months.

OOC: Eternal Twilight is over. We just need to regroup, but that can happen in another RP.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:48 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason's eyes opened, and he sat up and coughed. "Ow. Note to self: do not blow self up again. It kinda hurts." He looked around. "Huh. So this is heaven. Or hell."
He was standing on a flat plain of baked earth that stretched off into infinity in all directions. The sky overhead was a seething cauldron of lightning and clouds. "No girls," he said definitively, turning in circles a few times. "And no Twinkies. This is definitely not heaven. On the other hand," he mused, checking his pockets, "there's no Johnny Cash music playing, so it's not hell. What the-" He withdrew an object. "Where'd a cell phone come from? I didn't have a cell phone."
As if in response, the phone rang. Staring at it, he finally flipped it open. "Hello?"
"Is your refrigerator running?" asked a deep, raspy voice on the other end.
"I take it back. This is hell." He answered, "Who are you, and what have you done with Johnny Cash?"
A pause. "Wow. That was a really good non sequitur. You passed."
"Passed what?"
"The test." The voice coughed. "Your job on Earth isn't done. So I'm sending you back in a new form. Do it right this time."
"Wait, what job?" Jason frowned. "And who is this?"
"You'll figure out what the job is. And this is God, who'd you think it was?"
"Um-"
"You know what? Don't answer that. Now begone, before I smite you."
Click. Jason was left looking oddly at the silent phone, which quickly changed into a sparrow that flew off. After giving the bird an equally odd look, Jason looked to his left to see his favorite bag sitting next to a door that didn't use to be there. "I get to go back. Schweet." Picking up the bag, which seemed to weigh an awful lot, he opened the door and stepped through. Both he and the door vanished in a flash of light.
The wind rushed across the now empty plain. Quietly, it began to rain lemonade.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:06 am 
Cererean Princess

I thought I told you we'd finished :) Oh well, we have now.

I will get the next one up and running sometime this weekend.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31