Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

Post subject: Wasteland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:31 am 
The king of kings

Location: in my house on the internet.....what a useless question
The wind blew sand across the soaring heat of the desert Ed newman rushed into a small cabin, there were a handful of people in there, mostly bearded and old locals.
"excuse me, who owns this place?" asked Ed
Strange faces glared at him; As big and tough as Ed was he felt pretty intimidated at these local bar men.
"me, i own this place, now who are you son?
Ed took a deep breath and looked around.
"im Ed, i was just walking and this was the only place i could find which sold drinks."
"youre damn right my friend, theres nothing since those darn bombs, would you like a cold beer?...on the house."
"yes please"
Ed gathered his beer and went to the back of the room, there was a big guy playing poker with himself, he looked pretty normal compared to the rest of these guys, he offered Ed a seat.
I'll tell you what man, these folk are weird, i was just going buy and seen this place so i popped in.
This guy was pretty muscular, he worn an army wrist watch, and a Gold bracelet. His hair was parted and jet black and cleanly shaven.
Same, i just need a drink.
They both drunk there beer and started to talk about the bombings and the obliteration of planet earth.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:57 pm 
Cererean Princess

Raten looked around. You couldn't trust anyone these days, not since the war had started. Such a waste of a planet.... He looked up as someone came into the cabin out of the desert. Very quitely he followed him. The person went to the back of the room and sat down with a guy. He sat down within hearing range and pretended to drink his beer. He couldn't drink the beer as it might be poisoned. The people started talking about the obliteration of Earth. Nothing interesting there. But then again, anyone could be an assasin sent to track him down.....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:10 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Kaosu was sitting in a corner of the cabin sipping her drink. She had a killer headache and was having trouble staying awake.
''god i had to take that job didnt i ''she thought looking at her drink, ''that was a really messy situation it would have helped if that guy had given me the right info'' looking around she noticed the new arrival sit down but looked back down not wanting to look like she was staring. ''At least it payed well'' she thought before going back to her drink.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:24 pm 
Cererean Princess

There was an explosion. Raten turned around. A bomb had gone off somewhere near. Everyone was panicking. The explosion had shattered the windows. Raten crouched beneath the table, his enhanced hearing picking up the sound of a humvee in the distance.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:47 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Viper's eyes shot open, and the cryo tube abruptly awakened him. He sat up, in full armor, and array of weapons, something was in here that had awoken him. Awoken him too early, this wasn't the next war was it? Or was he awoken too late to prevent a nuclear war? The room around him, was dark except the lighted cryotube. For the first time in a hundred years, a hundred years of cryo stasis he was afraid. His active motion sensor, and heat sensors were going wild, something was moving about in the dark room, inside his helmet his could see everything as the night vision turned on...he checked the radiation levels, and they were very high.

He heard something move off to his right, he looked over and was horrified and sickened at one he saw, a walking corpse, it's intestines hung from it's belly, rotting on the floor and dragging every which way the zombie moved. His shields were activated, and he stepped out of the cryotube, in his left hand his Minigun, in his right the assault rifle. Soon he was surrounded by a hoard of undeath, created by heavy nuclear fall out. The one he noticed the first time came in at him, kicking out with his cyborg enhanced foot, he tore the zombie's head from it's rotting shoulders. His weapons went out to his sides, and he pressed both triggers, he began to slowly spin around, rittling zombies full of holes from plasma created bullets.

The room was soon filled with the now DEAD rotting carcases of the long dead scientists who created him. He slung his weapons in their respective places, and began walking for the door, his suit making the noise of a machine, as he willed it to move. He pulled at the door handle, it wouldn't budge. Taking his hand, and turning it into a fist, he hit the door repeatably, denting it each time, soon bashing the door down. He looked over the desert wastes of Earth. And was horrified, he was too late. But perhaps there'd be survivors, and not a world filled with zombies. Activating his hoverboard, he was soon flying away, quickly, and nimbly, off in a direction that would take him to a tavern, or inn, but he didn't know that.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Meanwhile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:26 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Meanwhile, outside the tavern a large, heavy motorcycle quitely purred into place and faded into silence as its owner dismounted and removed her riding lenses. The dual insignias on the vehicle identified her as an assassin and a member of the Desert Rangers, though how those two could coincide was difficult to say. They did, however, seem to fit the owner and as she walked through the front door a sense of anxiety seemed to fill the room. The gathered crowd of drinkers turned to take in her slim, lithe form silhouetted in the doorway.

She stood five feet ten inches tall, most of her slim, lithe form hidden beneath a long, burgundy leather jacket, though the crowd could espy rugged khaki cargo pants and mid-shin combat boots. But admittedly, this was not what caught and captured the attention of he onlookers so much as her ears and eyes, for it was those features which announced the danger she posed to everyone in the room. Her ridged, pierced ears, clearly visible thanks to her short hair and black, whiteless, seemingly soulless eyes positively identified her as a Shapeshifter, one of a near-fatal group of mutants that had sprung up after the war with the innate ability to take any form, any weapon that they so chose. Thus, nearly everyone in the room stopped for a moment, almost anticipating her next move, which thankfully was only to nod her greetings to the bartender and make her way to a corner of the bar. Once there she mulled over her most recent run-in over a double of scotch and then of Bourbon (surprisingly, she remained perfectly composed). It had been a HORRID day and she had every intention of taking it easy over a few drinks before heading "home".

However, a moment later her tranquility had shattered as a man went soaring into the nearest wall after harassing her about that particular place being "his spot". With little emotion she gazed down at him with the smallest of grins, her bad day forgotten for the moment as she stared triumphantly at his drunken, nearly broken form and said simply, "It's MY spot now, Dirk." The locals realized it was a normal Taji-moment, shook their heads, laughed a little at Dirk's misfortune and went back to their own business. Things were never quiet sane when Taji was in town, though many noted that although she hadn't said anything about the newcomers, she did glance in their direction, indicating that she had noticed them and was watching them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:40 am 
Cererean Princess

Raten crouched, hardly daring to breathe. They wanted him so bad they sent a shapeshifter after him. They couldn't have one of they experiments runnuing loose now, could they. His hand automaticly opened into blaster. He had been born during the war, his abilities enhanched by the radiation. He had been born an unusual shapeshifter, his abilites including mind reading and manipulation. He had been enhanced with technology, the scientists turning him into a living weopon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 am 

Kaosu watched as another arrival came in out of the desert while taking another sip of her drink
a nice little mix of people we have here then she thought smiling to herself
i wonder if anything will happen.
Fineshing of her drink she sat back in her chair and moved a strand of purple hair out of her eyes and watched amused as the newest person through someone into a wall over a spot and smiled at the little event.
Closing her eyes in her corner she began to think about her recent assasination which went successfully and began to make plans on how to do the next one she had been payed to do.[/i]

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:21 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Rijada opened her dust-incrusted eyes, waking up to a scratched, hot and dry existance. She stood, swaying, the earlier night's drinking taking its toll. The last payment had been good, and she had celebrated what little this life had to offer, the hopes and dreams of a happy future, destroyed by humanity's greed. Swishing her tail back and forth, she silently made it into her usual bar, and took a few coins out of her near empty purse.

"I'd like a Kiwi martinii, Jacner."

The bartender nodded at the joke, as kiwi's were long extinct, few if any actually had tasted one in the last two hundred years. "Aye, Blood. You going to stick around this time?"

"I would, but there are a few gang bosses with my mark on their heads. So anything out of the usual?" The conversation continued, going through both fact and fiction, the daily rumors, the only entertainment and communication that existed after the fallout. He poured her a dark blackish-green drink, it was water run through a carbon filter and anti-nuclear 'fermenter'. Drinking water of this condition was the equivelent to smoking, only for the stomach, and it was essential for survival.

As the conversation died she sat, keeping her head low, for enemies were always just around the corner. Assassins were common, so not many would try and track one, but there were always those ever-loyal pawns so desperate to die with no other cause but thier masters'.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:34 pm 
Cererean Princess

Raten made his move. Gathering mental energy, he blasted it around the room. Soon everyone had headaches. He made a bolt for the door.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:23 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Rijhada gasped as her already drowsy and irritated head split into an agonizing uproar. The glass slipped out of her hand, breaking on the floor, as she clambered after the target, a fleeing form making for the door. Just as he reached it she had a firm claw around the scruff of the back of his shirt. "Don't panic, I won't hurt you, nor will I allow anyone else to without just cause. I can tell from your anxiety that you are obviously someone with a tramatic past, just settle down before you piss someone off with your headache blast." She had been in dealings before with mutants, and mostly they had mental powers, usually weak of stature or strength. She recognized this one both from his odd smell, and of his willingness to flee, and released him.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:07 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Viper hovered across the expanse of desert quickly, his energy-hoverboard creating a ruckus that could be easily heard for a quarter mile, and a small town was in sight, what seemed like inches below the horizon. He leaned into the flight, going faster, the hoverboard getting much louder, but to him it was all muffled out my his smart surround-sound like audio system inside his helmet which muffled out loud, useless noise.

As he neared the town, he began to slow down, the force field below the hoverboard kicking up sand and dust, he slid to a halt infront of what looked to be a tavern. Were there any survivors? And if so are they human? Are they some mutated freaks that should be slaughtered? He didn't know the answer, and the water they had was probably worthless to what his suit's food and drink replicator could create for him. He fell two feet to the ground as the hoverboard turned off making a loud thud. He walked onto the porch, his enhanced strength of his muscles, combined with the suit made some of the board crackle under the pressure as he walked into the tavern. With each step a board creaked, and seemed as if one would have broken under more stress. Viper was indeed well over five hundred pounds with his suit on. He looked around the room, seeing the patrons were...human and then to the one infront of him, a woman with claws? He began to speak, in a disguised mechanical voice.
What year is this, and where am I?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:21 pm 

kaosu watched as yet another person walked into the place this time someone heavely armoured it would seem.
deciding that that things could get intersting she sat up and listened to the new person before answering the persons question
were have you been recently she said smiling

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:47 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Codname. Viper. My real name is irrelevent. I am The United State's of America's Super Soldier. Who are you? And What year, and place am I in? I do not know for I just woke from cyro stasis. Said in a monotone voice, the voice of a machine. Viper looked at the speaker, his helmet showing no emotion whatsoever, and he was clearly heavily armed with a Minigun on his back, and an assault rifle of sorts on his thigh. He was definately one not to mess with, nom atter what the force. He looked to every as if he was a black armoed juggernaut of destruction.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:39 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"You're almost 200 years off, metaman, the war is over, everyone lost. We survived though, barely. This world consumed by humanity's greed, but you would know all about greed, mecha, as you or your superiors made you to take peoples lives and possesions!" Rijhada spat where she guessed his eyes would be and backed away, sitting back down by the counter, sipping a fresh glass of sludge.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:49 am 

Kaosu tried hard not to laugh at what just happened but in the end burst out laughing. well i guess thats one way of saying it she said calming down a bit.
Standing up she walked over and ordered another drink all the while smiling.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:08 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The Helmet lights, that must've been the cameras, or somesort turned red, and a powering up sound could be heard above all the noise, and then a faintly glowing blue personal shield, then a noise that no one could ignore..... The Particle cannons began charging up. He took a threatening step toward the woman. I don't like your attitude, and yes I do enjoy taking lives I was programmed to. He said in calm, but obivous anger, and he laughed at his statement. His hand went to his assault rifle's pistol grip....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:37 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Taji had been listening to the events taking place at her back, opting to listen and drink rather than get involved, but at the sound of the charging gun she realized that her person, and more importantly, her alcohol was in jeopardy. Thus, without saying a word she reached into her side holster and laid a handgun on the bar and after that was done, unslinging the sniper rifle from its position across her back. That done, she calmly turned around, slinging the gun over her shoulder nonchalantly as she addressed him.

"I'm not so sure you want to start something here, Sweetheart," she said, her black, soulless eyes glinting dangerously as a small, cocky, almost indescribable grin crossed her features. Just in case this should come to blows (in a way, she was hoping that it wouldn't- it had been a bad enough day as it was and she REALLY didn't feel like dealing with this putz), she kept her all-too-happy trigger finger near the trigger. As if to try and break-up the situation, though, she added, "Personally I don't think any of us are in the mood for a barfight."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:20 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Rijhada dittoed the move by pulling her own weapon, a rather large pistol, with an interchangable end containing a gemstone, the likes of which unknown to most. She flicked the charging switch, saying, "With this filter I could destroy almost half that wall behind you, but probably, due to your armor do the minimal damage to you. Nothing short of an army of these could bring you down if I'm right." She sighed. "Besides that, we both have nothing to lose, and so it would be a difficult and pointless battle, one that I don't want to take the time to do." She holstered the weapon and unstrapped it from her belt. She set the thing on the counter, turning back to her drink. "Shoot if you want, but you will not have much challenge here, this lot is just the backwash of humanity's backside. We have nothing of value."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:42 am 

Takes her drink and goes over to sit in a seat with a better veiw of how things were progressing. After taking a long swig of her drink she puts it down and decides to speak up.
come on now there is no need to fight she said moving a bit of purple hair from her eyes.
Why dont you just have a seat and calm down there is no need to fight.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:53 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Viper's helmet lights turned from red to black, simmering his anger. You could hear the powering down of weapons, and the shield was turned off, his hand off the pistol grip. Viper's helmet began to disintegrate from the top, revealing his hair, then forehead, finally the helmet was just...gone. His hair was brown, but his eyes were very inhuman, the iris was grey, and the pupils opened and closed mechanically with the changing light. He had white skin, no other metal thing showing, other than his armor of course. What is the stuff your drinking, looks radioactive.... He spoke now in a deep, human voice. He held out his hand, as if he was holding something, and soon a glass took shape in his hand, and was just as quickly filled up with water. He began to drink the water. Indeed, his suit could provide for it's wearer for until death, when the wearer died, but could sustain him indefinately, using Nanites, or nanobots. He put the glass on the table, and began to speak. I doubt these chairs would hold a man weighing two-thousand pounds. He said, with a grin.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:41 am 
Cererean Princess

Raten felt himself bieng released. The person holding him didn't seem to realise that he was being hunted. The door opened and someone came in. They were wearing armour and their face was covered by a helmet. When he spoke it was with a mechanical voice. Raten listened and found out that the new arrival was a super soldier who had been in statis for ages. People pulled out weopons so Raten quietly went back to his seat while readying his blaster in case something happened.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:08 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"I dunno, tree's tested by a lightning strike are impossible to burn so who knows what the wood that withstood a nuclear fallout could achive?" Her voice and manner were warming as her hangover loosened it's grip. "Hey Jacner! What do you say we pour our friend here that Russian wine we found? After 200 years of sleeping he could use it."

OOC: Hey Jake do we have a goal for this or is it one of those 'make up your own delima's as we go along' Rp's?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:27 pm 

The person has a point there you know about the wood she turned to the person who had said about the wood.
Whats your name then she asked smiling warmly a wisp of purple hair once again moving in front of her face which she moved out of the way again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:20 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"Rijhada, assasin for the Desert Riders, and yours?" She gave a brief smile but it quickly disintigrated as the movement triggered anouther headache.

Offline Profile