Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:07 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

<font color=blue>"Only one way to find out."</font> Christian growled, walking up to the ladder and peering into the darkness that it led to.

He could feel a light breeze, which suggested to him that it did indeed lead out... but probably not in a single straight line.

<font color=blue>"Either way, it doesn't look very dry. I'd suggest the lightest of us go first in case of slipping, but that'd probably cause an arguement..."</font>

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:59 am 
Master Old Dragon

"Less talk and more climbing. We've already had to climb down here, been nearly crushed which resulted in us nearly suffocating which then resulted in in us taking a swim, which, were we not lucky, could have drowned us. All this for an glass orb. Say, who has that thing anyway? We didn't lose it on our way up did we? 'Cause if we did . . ."

"Hey Alorith?" Christian growled.

"What?"

"Shut up." Alorith narrowed his eyes, but remained silent. "Serenity, Elysian, one of you go first. Lets just go."

Last edited by White Dragon Alorith on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:58 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Serenity rolled her eyes and grabbed one of the metal rungs. She grimaced at the slimy feel they had to them, realizing that at one time or another, this had all been under water. Elysian was already ahead of her, moving tentatively upwards. Her boots made a dull thud as they hit the rungs, muted by the thick layer of rusted scum covering them.

Noticing that she was a great distance ahead of the others, Serenity stopped halfway up and momentarily looked around. Jagged stone edges protruded from the sides of the walls. Obviously this tunnel had been crudely designed and even more crudely made. Looking down she saw that Christian had just begun to climb, shaking his head as Draches and Alorith made impolite jokes about each other’s weight.

Without realizing it, she had begun climbing again. Her eyes were still on the two small dragons below, who were now wrestling on the floor. Serenity laughed as Christian glared and shouted something down at them. Apparently Alorith had called Draches’ mother a cow and then threatened to cook her for lunch.

A loud thud alerted her to something ahead, but her reaction wasn’t quick enough. Elysian’s foot hit her with full force in the face. Serenity’s head flew backwards and hit the toothed wall with a sickening crack.

Her mind was a scramble of thoughts and ideas. She only barely noticed her fingers slipping from the metal bar. Something loud and urgent flooded into her memory, something other than the pain. Dazed and falling she looked for a way to turn it off. Her mind was being flooded with words that didn’t make sense and memories she had forgotten from her last fall...

Unknowingly, her mind opened to everything and the loud voice began echoing across the room as Serenity struggled to hold on to the ladder.

<font color=orange><b><i>SERENITY! WHERE ARE YOU? THERE’S SOMETHING LOOSE IN THE ARCHIVES! I NEED YOU TO...</i></b></font>

Trying to calm the swimming sensations, Serenity let go of the ladder and put her hands to her head...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:16 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Christian looked up from yelling at Draches and Alorith just in time to see Serenity plumetting towards him.

He let out a small gasp, then released one hand and set his arm as a cradle, hanging onto the ladder with all his might with the other hand.

Serenity landed on Christian's arm and he let out a small grunt as he almost tore his shoulder out of place with the force of the catch then strained as he used the arm still clinging to the ladder to slowly pull them towards it.

<font color=blue>"Are you okay?"</font> He asked, genuine concern breifly crossing his tone. <font color=blue>"The ladder can't get wetter as we get higher... what happened?"</font>

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:42 am 
Master Old Dragon

Serenity’s ribs felt like they were on fire from being caught. The screaming had stopped in her head, but she still felt hazy. She gazed intently at the darkness behind her eyelids and pressed her fingers to her temples, not realizing someone else was supporting her.

<font color=purple>Wha- what was that voice? It sounded like Medea...</font>

She experimented opening one eye. A grimy-looking metal bar stared back at her. She opened both of them this time, the pain in her head subsiding. Tentatively, she rubbed her head with one hand, holding onto the ladder with the other. Christian was hanging off the ladder besides her, obviously worried that she’d stumble again.

<font color=purple>You didn’t hear that?</font>

She shook her head, resorting herself.

<font color=purple>I think we should go check out the archives as soon as we can. I’m worried about Medea...</font>

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:50 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Elysian screamed as she watched Serenity’s limp body fall with ever increasing speed towards the bottom. By the time Christian had her firmly in one arm, she could hardly see through her tear filled eyes, unknowingly repeating “Oh gods, oh gods oh godsâ€￾.

It wasn’t until she heard Christian’s impatient voice yelling up to her to move that she snapped out of it.

What?!

MOVE! We need to get out of here. Medea needs help, and my arm hurts like a...

Wait! I can fix it...do you want me to come down there?

No, just go up. I’ll deal with it..

Although Elysian did not like leaving her friend in pain, she didn’t need to be yelled at a third time either. Draches and Alorith were now half way to Christian and Serenity was yet again in front of her rescuer, moving slowly but surely.

Gripping the next rung in a white knuckled fashion, Elysian slowly moved one foot upwards, testing the rung she had slipped on. It was perfectly sound. It made no sense...the only explanation to be found was her clumsiness.

I am nothing more than a hindrance to this group...the world...gods, she almost died.

The tears continued to run down her cheeks as she silently climbed up the dark passageway. She did not have the energy nor the inclination to light her path, what did it really matter in the end anyways? This ladder seemed to go on forever.

We need to find Medea, Elysian.

Did you hear me! We have to move faster! Serenity shouted louder, a touch of panic in her voice.

Elysian tried, but was too scared of slipping again to move much faster than she already was. They wanted her to be first so they could catch her... she didn’t want to have to be saved in the first place... didn’t really deserve it.

When she came to a ledge on the side of the ladder some ten minutes later, she got off without hesitation. Moving to the very end, she slid gracefully to the floor, wrapping her arms around her legs she set her wet chin on her knees.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:01 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

After much joking and jabbing with alorith, Draches, encouraged by Serenitys fall, finally began to make his way up the ladder. Which was rather akward and uncomfortable for a dragon, because his wings kept scraping the walls and the rungs were doing a number on his claws.
As he reached the ledge he pulled himself over to the sight of Elysian huddled on the ground, Serenity lying in Christians arms, and Exanderous standing next to a wall, arms crossed with a serious look on his face.
Concerned, Draches made his way to Elysian and sat down next to her as best he could.

Elsyian, he said with concern in his voice, What's wrong? Surely the water didn't scare you that much.

I beleive medea is of the upmost importance right now, we should continue to the archives

Draches turned to see exanderous staring at him.

Silence...

very true old friend, we must go he said standing up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: The danger of the Archives. . .
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:02 am 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

*Medea skillfully avoided being skewered by the very sharp teeth and talons of several of the creatures that had gathered around her. However, more and more seemed to be coming, and it seemed for that every one she defeated, two more took it's place. In addition to that, the constant fire spells that she was using served to do more than destroy the creatures. Numerous ancient books were consumed in the powerful flames, releasing ancient magic and random spells around the room. She mourned the loss of some of that ancient knowledge, but there was nothing at present she could do. And, she knew that most of the really important ones had protection spells cast on them.

All the while she fought to recall the lost memory, trying to figure out the spell she needed so desperately in order to get rid of all of them for good. She knew that these creatures all spawned from one, and if she could just find the main one, it would be easy to destroy the remaining ones. And, the spell could detect the aura of that one, but unfortunately she could not remember.

She wondered briefly if the others were alright, as she hadn't been able to contact Serenity earlier, and then there was the earthquake. In addition, even if she wanted to try to contact them again she couldn't as the shield spells she was desperately trying to hold into place interfered with telepathic communication somewhat.

Which one should I attack. I cannot tell which one it is.

Suddenly, the grotesque creatures managed to surprise her by suddenly stopping thier attacks. One briefly came to the front, and began speaking. At first Medea was immensely confused, for these creatures had not possessed such intellegence in the past. What could of happened, she wondered, that gave them such cunning in their attacks, now that she thought they might not be so random as they first appeared. This very fact was quite unsettling.*

Creature: Now lissstten, beeeefore you attack me, I am not the one you sssshould attack, for I am not the one who sssspawnssss the othersss. You, pretty bird, give us what we want and we shall leave in peaccccee. Your tearsssss I hear are very powerful. What will it take to make you cryyyy, birdy? Alsssssoo, your feathersssss, give usssss. . . we wantsss the magic that it holdsssss. . .

*The creature paused in it's rant, looking expectantly at Medea as she pondered the meaning of what it had said. Although it waited for a few seconds, she did not think that those two things were all that those creatures were after. They had something else in mind, and she did not like the sound of it. There was no way she was giving them anything as valuable as pheonix tears, which were extremely rare, only one person she knew of possessing some, or the feathers, almost equally as rare. They were both very powerful, and she did not want to even think about what they wanted to use them for.

Glaring defiantly, she threw a fire spell at the creature that had spoke in an unspoken refusal of the offer. The creature had not lied about the fact that it was not the head creature, as more were still coming. Medea kept attacking, but yet more came.

Almost immediately after, one of the destroyed book went up in a huge explosion, one that sent a very powerful spell at her from behind. The next thing she saw was black as she crumpled to the ground, the only thing between her and the creatures her natural protection spell that surrounded her as a pheonix. . . *

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:32 pm 
Master Old Dragon

It took the group a few moments to regain their stamina and finish the climb to the top. The outside world was unusually bright as one-by-one they clambered over the side of a crumbling well, each of them seeming dirtier than the other. Serenity leaned over and tried to wipe grime off her hands and unto the grass. Her hair was beginning to stick to her face. She brushed it away impatiently and took in her surroundings.

They were in a small clearing surrounded by trees. She could only assume they were in the woods that surrounded the castle grounds. The question was, which direction was the exit? She opened the bag at her side and pulled out a compass, but then realized it was useless. There were forests on every side of the castle and this could be any one of them. No matter what direction they were to head, it was 3 out of 4 odds that it would be the wrong one.

She blinked furiously in the sunlight. They needed to get to the front entrace of the castle as soon as possible. It was the closest entrance to where Medea had gone...

<font color=purple>Could one of you fly up and tell us where we are?</font> Serenity, struck with an idea, had turned quickly around to face Alorith and Draches. <font color=purple>We can’t be far from the castle...</font>

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:42 pm 
Master Old Dragon

"Well I could, but I'd rather not." Serenity stared at Alorith with sort of a befuddled look on her face.

"Well I'll go then, if jerk-face doesn't want to"

"No, I wasn't being a jerk, I was merely pointing out that there isn't a need for either of us to fly up and find out."
Alorith turned back towards Serenity. "You were right when you said we can't be far from the castle."

"And what makes you so sure?"

"Well, my fat headed friend I want you to listen really carefully. What do you hear?" Everyone held their breath and listened for any sounds other than the wind. Faintly the sound of hammering could be heard. "I’d take it by the look on your face you hear the hammering. Chances are there is only one place there would be hammering going on around here and that place would be the castle. Lets go."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:41 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Well, my head may be fat and my ears may be clogged with grime, but at least i'm smart enough to know that sound echoes making it a lesser chance of going the right way then actually taking two seconds to fly up and look. Now please hold on.

*It was a short second or so before draches returned to the ground.*

See? now was that so hard? no!

*he said clapping alorith over the back of the head*

*Looking at serenity and pointing in a northwestern direction* The castle be that way m'lady

Right then, off we go!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:05 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<font color=purple>Right then, off we go!</font> Serenity looked around. Her face suddenly compressed into a look of confusion; tow of their comrades were not in sight... <font color=purple>Where are Elysian and Christian? </font>

She glanced at Alorith who merely shrugged.

<font color=gray>Perhaps they went on ahead? </font>

Draches nodded in agreement. Serenity tried her best not to look exasperated.

<font color=purple>We had better catch up to them, then... </font>

She took in a deep breath and plunged into the thick woods pushing aside leaves and heavy branches as she went but only went a few steps in before heading back out into the clearing.

<font color=purple>You know what? I have just realized that this would be a lot faster if we took flight. Am I too heavy for one of you to carry? </font>

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:01 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Draches nodded in agreement. then watched as serenity plunged into the forest, and tried to hold back a laugh as she came back out with leaves stuck all on her person.

You know what? I have just realized that this would be a lot faster if we took flight. Am I too heavy for one of you to carry?

Maybe for old flabby over here! haha, but it certainly shouldn't be a problem for someone like me! he said flexing his muscles You can ride or you can grace my arms, which is it m'lady?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:40 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Serenity looked from the little-bigger-than-a-human sized dragon staring at her, to the much bigger one. Alorith wasn’t paying attention; he seemed to be observing something moving in the trees. Looking a bit pale, Serenity turned back to Draches.

<font color=purple>I’ve never flown before without magic... you know, usually I just levitate, which doesn’t include high altitudes. You’re sure you can do it? I mean, it’s only a few miles! We could walk, or I could try apperating back and meeting you there...</font>

She wrung her hands, her face looking a bit tired and worn underneath the pallor.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: C'mon!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:06 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

OOC: Hello!, I'm DYING here! j/k lol. Anyhow, I am posting anyways, even though my character is out cold. I can think of something to write, you all know me, I can talk to myself. lol.

IC:
*Medea, though in a semi-unconcious state, could feel the tug of magic around her as the creatures swarmed around her in an attempt to get past her magical barrier.

As a result, her energy was drained and she felt herself slipping farther and farther into a deep sleep.

Dreams came to her in flashes, memories that had stayed hidden for a great deal of time within the cobwebbed corners of her mind.

Pictures of the stone that she was so worried about came into her mind, flashes of memories. Everything was a blur, however, and she could not remember anything definitive that would help out too much later, or so she thought. More feelings came flooding back to her than anything else.

She could hear Serenity's frantic pleas in the back of her mind, trying to bring her back into conciousness. She felt, however, like she was lost inside a maze of memories in her mind, and like she couldn't get out too easily.

What is going on?? This is all so strange. I feel so weak, as I have never felt before. . . Hmm. . .these memories are quite odd. I don't remember them, yet when I see them I get such a strong sense of dejavu that they must have happened, I just can't remember. Oh well. . .

She tried grasping onto some memories again, only to have them slip away like smoke through her fingers.

Something strong stood out in her mind however, and that was the fact that she saw what she assumed to be herself as a human (ooc: I mean, who else would be that beautiful? j/k lol), however she couldn't remember ever being one before. . .*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:23 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

We could walk, or I could try apperating back and meeting you there...

She wrung her hands, her face looking a bit tired and worn underneath the pallor. Unfortunately for her she was suddenly swept off her feet high into the sky. Everything was visible from up here. It looked so beautiful, so serene. She had no time to enjoy it though as it soon all became a blur as draches began a nose dive decent towards the Archive entrance.

We're coming medea! he yelled as they landed in front of the entrance.

Offline Profile