Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

Post subject: OOC: Shadow of the Gods
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:12 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The year is 600 BC, Greece is peaceful, Thirteen heros have been chosen by the thirteen gods of Olympus. Thirteen Heros, Thirteen Citystates, thirteen gods and goddesses. Each hero represents one Citystate. They're soon to embark on a quest, All who show themselves, and deart from Athens.

The tasks they must achieve:

Defeat the Minotaur of Crete, and retrieve a horn for proof.

Defeat a Hydra, and retrieve one of it's teeth for proof.

Retrieve the Golden Fleece.
The fleece grants healing powers to the rightful owner.

Other quests will arise as they go along.

Citystates to Represent:

Sparta: Heavyman
Athens:
Croton:
Artemesia:
Zenith:
Uripides:
Renya:
Jusinus:
Kranos:
Delos:
Yarnus:
Delari:
Yithus:

God Given Items (First come first serve, these are the only available weapons and armor that have immortal powers)

Blades of Chaos, and Breastplate of Chaos-Dual 'Short swords' both 2 feet in length, immolated with fire at the wielder's will, the blades can be flung out of their hilts, connected by chains, letting them reach ten feet from the hilt, to hack at the enemy from a distance, the wielder can manipulate the blades into any shape that is needed as long as it doesnt exceed 2 feet in length. http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/fs5.de ... _Chaos.jpg Allows the wearer to control fire.
Player who has this: Heavyman

Blade of Athena: A huge, black blade, with a blue glow, said to been the sword that Athena slew a Titan with, it is curved, and the blade is as wide, and long as a woman, with a two handed hilt, it is a heavy blade, but it is sharp, and can easily cut through most things as if it were paper. Grants the wielder to jump high, and for farther distances.
Player who has this:

Flute of Aphrodite: A beuatiful, golden flute, that when played by the female who wields it to seduce any enemy, making them easy prey for assassination.
Player who has this:

Bow of Artemis: http://www.nycmongol.com/graphics/BowDrawn.jpg When the string is pulled, a arrow of light will appear, it will pierce any armor, any shield, unless it is a god given item. Give the wielder the power of nature.
Player who has this:Falconer

Amulet of Apollo: This ruby, and gold amulet necklace allows the wearer to turn him or herself into any beast, or creature.
Player who has this: Akira

Shield of Hermes: This golden enblazenedround shield, allows a many to hide behind, and it will deflect any Missile, and if it's magic in nature, will deflect it back on the enemy. Allows the wearer to fly, fast.
Player who has this:

Flail of Hades: http://www.knightsedge.com/medieval-wea ... -2605g.jpg This flail is made of bone, and iron. It will crush any bone, of any creatures, and allows the wielder to trap souls within it, for later summoning back to the mortal world, for an ally.
Player who has this:

Breath of Hephaestus: A blow gun, that when blown through, it creates a stream of fire, that will incinerate any soldier. Limited range of five feet, but easy to use.
Player who has this:

Ring of Chronos: A gold, unadorned ring, allowing the wearer to completely stop time, except for the heros of greece,
Player who has this:

Spear of Poseidon: http://www.nightmarefactory.com/DG14450.jpg This spear is powerful, granting the wearer the control over water, and ability to breathe under water.
Player who uses this: Jishdefish

Hammer of Zeus: This two handed warhammer, has two heads, when smashed against something, it creates an explosive display of electricity, lets the wielder control lightning.
Player who has this:

Staff of Hera: This plain looking wood staff, with a glass orb on the top, looks non threatening, but this thing allows the wielder to turn anyone into stone, or manipulate them to do their bidding, effects any mortal except the heros.
Player who has this:

Circlet of Hestia: This crown, allows the wearer to heal their friends, and torture enemies.
Player who has this:

You may only have one of these choices. Any other weapons/armor must be made of bronze or iron. with no magical properties.

Races:

Draconum: These humanoid dragons, are much like half dragons would look like, though their wing membranes are too thin, making them unable to fly, but are able to glide. Their scales can vary in color greatly. No breath weapons, though have the strength of five men, even though their muscles are more for an athletic build.

Humans: (Spartan-best warriors, Athenian-best sailors, the rest are all round)

Char Sheet:

Name:

Race:

Build:

Appearance:

Clothing:

Weapon:

Armor:

Other:

Name: Areon

Race: Draconum

Build: Build: Average, compact, not muscle bound.

Appearance: Having silver scales, a muzzle, batlike/dragonic wings, a tail, dragonlike legs, clawed fingers and toes, sharp teeth, he has no horns, and his eyes are blue, with slit pupils like a cat's in the dark they seem to glow blue, which they do allowing him to see clearly in the darkest of places.

Clothes: He wears a rough leather tunic, and shorts that go a few inches below his knees, and a belt with his weapon's sheathes.

Weapon: Blades of Chaos.

Armor: Brastplate of Chaos:

Other: Cannot fly under his own power, strength of three men, eyes of a hawk.

Last edited by Heavyman on Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:06 am 
Matrix Operator

I'll join :) ...

Name: Jason

Race: Human

Build: Average height but slim. Very agile.

Appearace: Brown hair and eyes. Young face- doesn't look a day over fifteen.

Clothing: brown tunic, dark brown leggings, brown boots. A green and brown cape.

Weapons: A dagger and the bow of Artemis.

Armor: None

Other: Jason is an expert at the covert, so to speak. His tracking and stalking skills are superb, and when needed, he can move almost soundlessly.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:13 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
If you would Heavyman, I have a character named 'Ashten Glade' in my character storage thread named 'Me Characters', I would like to know wheather or not you would accept him, as I wouldn't want to post him here and then be shot down. Okay?

P.S. Of course I will have to change the history :roll:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:27 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Looking for more of a Greek Character, since this is greek mythology rp.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:46 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Well, alright if you change his history he's fine....didn't see that...sorry.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:19 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Ah, never mind, I apologize for the trouble, I'd rather sit this one out actually.

Ah, on second(maybe third) thought, I'll join. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself to make a char and then let it go to waste. Hold on...

Last edited by Jishdefish on Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:09 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I need more people to start this.....If anyone has race suggestion, post it here.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:50 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Name: Jirceles (Jers-i-leez)

Race: Human(and sort of hulk-like as a titan, though he is easily subdued with water)

Build: Light, weak.

Description: He carries the Spear of Possidon, which tames the waters of the deep. Jirceles has blood colored hair and blue eyes stained with green. His garb consists of a light vest with a rough cloak thrown over, and also baggy crimson trousers and sandals wrapped in matching cloth.

Armor: none

History: All his life the boy was ridiculed for his odd hair and frail skin, and he prayed to the god Cronus to give him the power to fight back against his tormentors. He never got his wish, and so switched to the new Greek Gods. This enraged Cronus, and he gave the boy his power, finally, knowing he could not control it. Jirceles recieved the power of Lavos(I think), a titan and Cronos's son. The power was too much for him and he roamed the countryside bringing destruction and chaos, until the countyfolk captured him and sunk him to the bottom of the Meditterainian(SP?). There, over the centuries the rock cooled and eroded away, revealing his former self. The God Possidon took pity on him and rusted his chains away, giving him back power over himself by giving him his spear so he could use it to take back control if the creature within him ever came back to the surface. After this he vowed to make it up to the diety and set out to represent him in the Quest.

Personallity: Weak, a bit hard to anger, but is sometimes stupidly rash.

Citystate: Jusinus

Last edited by Jishdefish on Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:10 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Accepted.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:23 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Name:Rhea

Race:human

Build:tall, slim, fast and agile

Appearence:young and elagent with long brown hair and sparkling blue eyes, holds the amulet of apollo which she keeps around her neck at all times. Wears normal womans clothes

History:is a thief, always had always will be. She uses the amulet of apollo to break into peoples houses as well as her charm and elagence to get close to the person she is going to steal from if it would be to much trouble to break in instead making them trust her then letting her into there house. Grew up learning her mother and fathers trades as theives and is now carrying on the family business.

Personality:charming, determined and a bit of a fruit loop (LOL)

Last edited by Akira on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:16 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Akira, Everything else but your character's clothes are fine, they didn't have jeans or t-shirts or baggy pants in ancient greece, jeans came about in the 1800 gold rush, and T-shirts in the around 1940. Greeks more likely wore kilts, and tunic of linen or wool. (If you've watched any old 50's greek move, like The 300 Spartans) you'd understand why I say this. I don't really want an Anime feel, by adding modern clothes to an ancient greek rp. So please change that, otherwise it's fine.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:22 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Deleted.........clicked on submit too many times, sicne it wasn't posting quickly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:45 am 

yeah sorry about that i had to type quick since i was on the school computer and had lost track of time and it was only when i noticed the time that i realized that lunch had ended and it was 20 min into the next lesson so i wrote the thing that came to my head in the hope of changing it as soon as i got home.
so yeah sorry i will change it now

Edit:is that ok

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:14 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

a tunic is a shirt basically, a long sleeved shirt, and your missing what she puts on her legs....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:23 pm 

*hits head on table*
ok i changed it again i actually have no idea what sort of stuff they wear so im gonna go carry on hitting my head on a table since i feel like a right idiot right now

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

*Feels Akira* Not like an idiot, just a mess-up.

Heck, I'm using the library's computer at URI right now.

URI is the University of Rhode Island... dont blink...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

*Feels Akira* Not like an idiot, just a mess-up. *places pad on table*

Heck, I'm using the library's computer at URI right now.

URI is the University of Rhode Island... dont blink...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:09 pm 
Godsin Queen

This Rp looks like it could use a player or two more can I join?

here's my chracter if yur interested.
she's not exactly Greek but her name kinda sounds greek.

Name: Cleeshies (Cleee-eesh-eez)

Build:slim but slightly musculane while still being feminine

eye color: blue

height/weight:5.6ft 135lbs

Race:human

weapon:circlet of Hestia

chracter type: archer/magic caster

haircolor/style: she has golden blond waist long hair that is slightly wavy

description: she wears a long ruffled dress that covers her feet and moves like the ripples of waves in the ocean when she walks. This dress is blue and has golden trim at the bottom and at the neck. Her ears are slightly pointed although no one knows why, and her complextion is rather pail except for the rosey redness of her cheecks and lips.

Personality: calm, cool, collective and very opiniontive. If you ever need advice she's the one that'll give it to you. Shes a spite fire who isn't afraid to speak her mind, and is usually very kind-hearted.

Background: Cleeishies was an average girl until she was abducted by a vampire lord. He had kiddnaped her for his son to marry her, but his son had no intetunes of marrying anyone. So he helped her escape, but as he did she started to fall in love with him. After they escaped they went their seperate ways, were the vampire price who'd saved her found a group of purified vampires who offered him a new better life free of vampire ways of life.

Of course wanting to pull away from his father he accepted, and the group gave him a heart to go with a soul he somehow already had. He was joyous after this and went to tell his new friend the girl Cleeishies that he'd become what is known as a VAMPIRUME. Instead of meething a cheerful Cleeishies he comes face to face with a band of vampire slayers who have captured Cleeishies thinking she was turned into a vampire. He rescues Cleeishies, and soon after they wind up marrying eachother anyways. The slayers come back after three years of happy times ,and The vampirume disapears.

Thinking he was captured Cleeishies sets off to find him, not knowing that he had been trying to get back to their home after a few unlucky events. when he does get there and relizes she isn't there he sets off to find her. thus the two lovers are constaintly in seach of the other hopping to one day be united again.

Last edited by Pandora on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:51 pm 
Matrix Operator

To heavyman: I just realized that Jason's homland isn't put down. He's from Artemesia.

To pandora: Yow, even you're username is greek. Cool... 8) Anyhow, you haven't given a majic weapon or hometown. I would suggest for your character the staff of hera, or the circlet of Hestia. Sorry, but I took the Bow of Artemis already.

Choosing the citystate that matches the god of ur weapon makes it easier on the rest of us... just a suggestion...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:41 pm 
Godsin Queen

I made this user account a long time ago, so I kinda got stuck with the name. Most of my freinds on the boards know me as Midnight.

Oh and ,my chracter has her own bow, and ice imbued arrows. I'm not sure if I'll use that in this RP though. She started off as an archer in the book I'm writing,(so please don't use any of the matirail from my character profile!) Anyways, I think she'll use her spell casting abilaties more often in this one. And yes Circlet of Hestia was the one i had in mind, how'd you know? I was waiting for permission before I picked out a weapon. One more thing though.......

Uh, how do I tell what citystate it's from? :lol:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:08 pm 
Matrix Operator

Ask heavyman, but i think cities are up for grab so long as no one else has claimed it. I claimed artemisia, Heavyman got sparta, and the other two haven't stated. I haven't the faintest idea which city was hestia's.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:13 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

You can only choose 1 god given weapon, not ifs ands or buts, I dont want anyone with two different weapons.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:13 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

I'm not usually the one to complain but why do you get God-Armor?

And also when is this going to get started? When all the spots are filled?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:36 pm 
Godsin Queen

Um, excuse me, but if I remember right , NO ONE HAS ASKED FOR MORE THAN ONE OF THESE "GOD GIVEN WEAPONS"! So all your yelling and complaining was uncalled for. SECONDLY, if you are refuring to what I said about Cleeishies, if you'd READ more carefully you'd know that I'd said the chracter does use a bow, but if I joined this Rp she wouldn't, and THIRDLY even if i did use a bow for my chracter, It wouldn't be one of those "God Given" weapons of yours.

I sugest you not jump to such conclusions, if you suspect something you should ask first to comfirm your conclusion, other wise you could push away a number of potintial friends. :roll:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:47 pm 
Matrix Operator

If we can back away from each others' throats for a moment...

It may be necessary to start with only those who have signed up so far, else this RP will never get off the ground.

And Pandora, you still havent designated a city or weapon yet.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile