Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 am

Post subject: OCC: Book 1: Dragon's Revenge
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:21 pm 
Matrix Operator

Hey this is the first RPG that I've ever done, so be patient.

It is 1066, and in the far off land of France the race of Dragons is almost gone. The remaining few dragons have met in a hidden cavern to discuss a plan of action...

The rules are simple: there is oly one race at first: the dragons. Once they reach a decision they will leave the cavern at which point human characters may come in. There will be five dragon seats available- first come, first serve. Dragon species is European. Here is my character (follow my lead):

Name: Draconis

Size: 100 feet

Color: dark green

Strength: His size and intelligence

Weakness: his left forearm is crippled

Bio: He is one of the dragon elders, and has been fighting off knights for thirty years.

If you join be prepared to tough it out. Not posting for a space of twelve days gets you kicked out of the game. :x

Enjoy! :D

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:36 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Name: Aeryn Nightfire

Race: Human

Size: 5'5", slim but strong build

Appearance: has pale skin and flaming red hair, deep blue eyes, wears a cool-colored (blue, purple, green, black, white, silver) tight tunic belted at the hips with a silver linked belt and black pants tucked into grey leather boots

Armor/Weapon: she wears two metal bands going from her belt, over her shoulders, crossing in the middle of her chest and back, then attached to the opposite sides of the belt. she is deadly with a yew bow and poisoned arrows, and also keeps a short sword and a coiled rope on her belt and a dagger in her boot as a last resort

Strength: uses her wit to distract opponents while moving them into a trap or a less powerful position / is good at short and long range fighting

Weakness: her temper. if you insult her or one of her friends, she goes into a rage and acts without thinking

Bio: the daughter of a dragon-slaying knight, she fell in love with a dragon who then was slayed by her father. she ran away and has sworn to never hurt a dragon, never speak to her father, and never love again

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:56 pm 
Matrix Operator

Quote:
The rules are simple: There is only one race at first: the dragons

Good idea. I'll put her in as an ally that the dragons have called.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:57 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Question: These dragons have a humanoid form in this Rp, right?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:46 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
I'll join:

Name: Maryan (mah-ri-an)
Size: yard (about the size of a greyhound)
Colour: black
strength: intelligence and ability to call upon some of the elements
weakness: one wing grew wrong so she has problems flying
bio: she is one of the youngest dragons left. since she has grown up at this time she doestn entirely understand what is going on. she is quick to learn and is not as naive as you would think at her age.( dragon wise)

how's that?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Last edited by wut2say on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Response to posts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:17 am 
Matrix Operator

Jishdefish wrote:
Question: These dragons have a humanoid form in this Rp, right?

>Chokes on snack< No way. We're talking four legs, wings, the works.

Wut2say wrote:
Size: yard (about the size of a greyhound)

Wut2say, make her bigger- dragons have to hit 10' before they leave the nest.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:25 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Name: Areon Greekfire

Race: Silver Half Dragon

Height: 6'3'' tall

Build: More of an athletic build, but don't underestimate him, he has the
strength of three strong humans.
Appearance: Having silver scales, a muzzle, batlike/dragonic wings, a tail, dragonlike legs, clawed fingers and toes, sharp teeth, he has no horns, and his eyes are blue, with slit pupils like a cat's in the dark they seem to glow blue, which they do allowing him to see clearly in the darkest of places.

Weapons: Dual 'Short swords' both 2 feet in length, immolated with fire at the wielder's will, the blades can be flung out of their hilts, connected by chains, letting them reach thirty feet from the hilt, to hack at the enemy from a distance, the wielder can manipulate the blades into any shape that is needed as long as it doesnt exceed 2 feet in length. http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/fs5.de ... _Chaos.jpg]http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/fs5.devia...on_of_Chaos.jpg
And Fire and Lightning Magic.

Attire: He wears a rough leather tunic, and shorts that go a few inches below his knees, and a belt with his weapon's sheathes.

Armor: A black, metal breastplate, with many odd runes on it. It allows him to manipulate fire.

Strength: Superior strength than a human, older, wiser, and battle seasoned.

Weakness: His wing membrane is vulnerable, and hurts a lot when an arrow goes through it. He cannot fly for long distances.

Bio: He is one from a long ago, and possibly forgotten past, when greek gods ruled. He has been in hidng among Athenians for half a thousand years, but when knights of a far land, france came with stories of dragons being slain, he immediately showed himself to the knights, weapons in hand, the one shortsword in his right he called Ares, the one in his left hand was called Tartarus. The Knights, seeing him as a dragon attacked him, but found two ancient blades going through their stomachs, with a long chain still going through, they collpasped on the ground and knew no more. After that, He went to france, well versed in many languages, fluent in greek, and english, and somewhat fluent in french. Here at france, he began looking for the dragons so he could help them...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Issues
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:33 am 
Matrix Operator

First problem: did I not say "No half dragons"? :thwack: I'm not mad, I'm just pulling a Chalgrish here. :twisted:

Second problem: I suggest each person that wants to join read my first post thoroughly. :read: I'll even add the "no half dragons" clause.

Third problem: if 300 years makes you an elder where does 1000 years come in!?! :shock:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:44 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

In the PM you said you'd allow it, and IMO Dragons live ofr millenia.....He's been sheltered for the good half of a thousand years, protected by athenians.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:10 pm 
Matrix Operator

I'm no expert on half dragons, so I'll take your word. *rereads sentbox* Oh, I guess I did allow it. :oops: *runs off yapping about how clueless he is*

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:59 pm 
Silver sorceress

ok then, can she just be a dragon who had a growth problem and just grew to be five feet? i want her small.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:41 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Well, I guess it could be a bit out of the ordinary... anyway, I havn't used Sashiara much, could you read her profile in 'Me Characters' and tell me if you approve?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:20 pm 
Silver sorceress

hello.........any updates? i think this would be really fun but we would habve to start it up soon before people go away

*sniff*

and that would be sad. i really dont mean to sound pushy, it's just i think it would be good to get this started.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:43 pm 
Matrix Operator

Sorry, i've been away... Jish, Sashiara is perfect. Wut2say, I will exert patience and allow your character to be stunted. (omigosh, i'm turning into chalgrish! :shock: Help help hel....)

I think we can start now. Four dragons is sufficient.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:13 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Oh, whoops, I'd forgotten that I had joined this, better get postin'! :roll:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:17 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Name: Sashiara
Race: Serpentine Dragon
Description: (Human Form)Pale and drawn she has known little sunlight, living in the shadows, coming out at night. She wears general ninja garb, and has the rank of assasin. The only thing about her that has a hint of her inner power is her eyes, twin jade daggers gleaming in the twilight. (Dragon Form)A creature of majasty, she is stunning with jet black scales that shimmer in the light, and a crest of emerald on her forehead. Similar to chinese dragons she can fly with out the need for wings, drawing the energy to do so from the sun or moon. She also has four legs with three claws each, and a breath of Emerald fire so hot it can melt stone.

Weapon: Twin poisoned crystaline daggers, and quite a few Kunai and Shurikan

History: She was taken from her mother at a young age and lost to a poor family in a small village, as she grew up she knew she was better than them, and did little to hide it. She did not know that she was a dragon until her foster parents died and she was still, only a little human girl. She found out that she had been drugged into her human state and that it had damaged her dragon immune system. Now she cannot stay in her dragon form for long without the risk of damaging her health further. She despises humans for this and only takes assasination jobs for the joy of killing them, one at a time......

There is the char sheet for the sake of having it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:09 pm 
Matrix Operator

Everyone, we have a new dragon. Look here to view his profile.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:02 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

So, is Sashiara on her own then? Or did I miss someone? Either is okay, though I just want to get my facts straight.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:49 am 
Matrix Operator

Aeryn is with her at the caves. That mightn't have been clear- I have trouble keeping the characters straight meself.

Edited: 2/1/07
Important news:
After this RP is complete, I will start another where Draconis goes to locate the dragons around the world and inform them that France is now a safe haven for them. Feel free to rejoin.

Edited 13/4/07
Important news:
This RP is on its last legs, go ahead and forget the second one.

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:54 am 
Matrix Operator

We appear to be suffering from a posting famine. If y'all could keep posting, maybe the RP won't die.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile