Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 pm

Post subject: OOC: Elonas, The Last Magic Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:17 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The kingdom of Elonas, is a peaceful state, where the borders are kept safe by the Knight of the Golden Crown, or the Knights in gold. Any hostile actions against Elonas is always taken down before it can become serious, keeping the populace happy, and contently fed. Outside the kingdom it is said that it is a brutal and hostile place, which no one except the soldiers, and the prince may venture into. Elonas has a natural boarder, forests. These forests gave the kingdom it's name, the forest of Elona as they were called, circled the entire kingdom and in the middle, where the kingdom sat is a wide open plain, with a few smaller forests for lumber.

In these forests it is well known that the wood elves dwell, in harmony with the denizens of the kingdom, and it is also known that the elves are paid to be the border guards by the kingdom. The elves are excellent rangers, and live in trees, jumping from one branch to another, making them deadly and skilled bowmen.

The kingdom is ruled by a Human king, which used to be a mage five hundred YEARS ago, somehow he had found an immortality spell. And it is well known he took a dragon for a wife, a gold dragon in human form. He knew quite well of her secret, for she had told him. The king is named Osric Swordsbane, and his draconic wife, the queen is Sarcafologochi, or Sara for short. They've only sired two children, a Prince named Areon Swordsbane (me) which is the most draconic looking, well really draconic looking. And the second is a princess by the name of Helen Swordsbane (Open, just pm me if you want the spot, give me a good reason.) She isn't as nearly draconi, the only thing noticeable about her heritage would be the silvery eyes with slit pupils. Areon is the kingdom's Archmage, and he isn't a weakling when it comes to melee combat either. He is in charge of an elite group, the Mage Knights, adorned in cloth or leather armor, enchanted with spells to make any clothing as hard as steel full plate, but just has light as a feather. Excluding Areon there's only five other mage knights at any one time. (If you want to be one, PM me with a good reason)

The backbone of the army of Elona is the Soldiers in White, steel clad soldiers, usually weilding elven make, heavy weapons such as Claymores, Mauls, Warhammers, Greatswords, and huge maces. Others sometimes use longswords and shields, which is usally uncommon since only nobles can use elegant longswords.

But the Main force is the Militia, basically the lowly peasants, that simply wear smple padded armor into combat at fodder, and only using spears, they are the weakest link in the army, poorly trained, though determined to prove themselves, if their family has a weapon for an heriloom they can also use that weapon, most likely a shortsword, or an old dull scimitar from an age old conquest.

We shall start this tale, in the capital, Dorienalaorgenizen or the City of Silver.

Info of the city:

In the center in a stone plateua, with steps leading up onto it, and on this plateau is the palace, a gran magnifeicent, and cosy building, made for comfort not protection. Guards are stationed at every entrance to the palace, and only the royal family, the captains of the Knights in Gold, and the Mage knights make this their home.

The rest of the city is for the peasants, and the rest of the guardforce, the Soldiers in White are stationed in barracks positioned thorughout the city. It is highly populated, and crowded.

100 foot walls, with a gate at every direction protect the city.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Races:

Human: Do I really need to explain?

Wood Elves: Rangers of the woods, and sometimes great mages, usually standing at 4'5'' to 5'5''

Dwarf: Great craftmen, and miners, always atleast one busy dwarf in every city, or town, crafting weapons for nobles and the hierarchy, standing at about 4' to 4'5'' tall, they are compact, and stronger than any human, dont underestimate their size, some can become great spell slingers.

Kobolds: lizardlike humanoids, only about 2-3 feet in height, they are worhless alone, but it large groups they can overwhelm most anyone. Most are stupid, and unorganized, mostly living in caves with very little light, some however are smart, and civilized. due to their small size they cannot wield large weapons.

(Will be adding more in the future, if you have a suggestion, put a DETAILED description in a pm and send it to me, and I'll decide, and most likely put it in, no aliens)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Char Sheet:

Name:

Height/weight:

Race:

eye color:

Hair:

Appearance:

Clothes:

Armor:

Weapons: (NO DAMN SEPHIROTH SWORDS I HATE THEM ISN"T VERY REALLISTIC AT HOW HE WIEDLS IT, if you wielded it in real life, you wouldn't be able to swing it around like a bat, most likely, you'd be wobbling around trying to get it back into position, Greatswords are acceptable but they are slow to get ready with them, and are powerful, if you even hit something with them.)

Magic: (If any, only choose two of the these IF your a magic user for your occuation; Light- healing magic, Dark- manipulative magic, elemental- using the four elements, earth, fire, wind and water, lightning falls under wind if anyone is wondering, Energy-using pure magical energy manipulation for destructive or peaceful purposes, can be manipulated into some other forms to limited degrees, Divine- Most commonly used by priests and paladins, only give by a god, Sorcery- The use of summoning otherwordly creatures for the summoner's plans, Divination- the art of scrying, or spying on other people and things, Illusion- most commony known to have charm, mind effecting or invisibility spells, Psionics- The art of using the mind as a weapon, Defensive- I think the word explains it all.)

Bio: (No skipping this)

Personality: (If you have trouble with this one, you dont have to be detailed.)

Other: (Anything I missed goes here.)
--------------------------------------------
Name: 'Prince' Areon Swordsbane

Height/weight: 6' 3''/ 200lbs average build, but don't underestimate his strength.

Race: Gold half Dragon

eye color: grayish-silver eyes, with pupil slits

Hair: none

Appearance: Having a muzzle, draconic legs, clawed fingers and toes, a tail, wings of a wingspan of 14 feet, sirrated teeth, golden scales cover his entire body.

Clothes: brown leather tunic, and shorts that go below his knees, with enchanted loose linen long sleeved shirt, with loose linen trousers equally enchanted, the linen garments are as hard as steel, light as a feather. He wears no footwear.

Armor: Wears a ring with a amythyst gem imbedded into it, creates a transparent large purple round shield a few centimeters from his left arm. And a leather-metal helmet, made to perfectly fit his facial physiology, it's enchanted and is just as hard as steel.

Weapons: http://www.scaredycats.ca/pics/swords/punnisher.jpg His sword is usually wielded with one hand, though capable of being wielded by two, it is 39 inches long, the cross peice is sharp, used as a dagger of sorts for those really close encounters, it is made of mithril, and enchanted with a VERY cold attack, along with an enchantment allowing it to cut through practically anything, on a thrust or a slash. It is named by Areon - Drejannindelharventhen or in english, Frost That Cuts. It is also used as his 'wand' to channel magical energies.

Occupation: Mage Knight, leader of the Mage Knights, and Archamge of the Kingdom.

Magic: Pure Magical Energies, and Elemental.

Bio: Hatched from an egg, and trained for combat at an early age. He tutored under the greatest swordsmen in all the kingdom, a woodelf by the name Evric Dorien, soon surpassing the master in swordsmanship, then he went on to train with the ways of magic under his father, king Osric. Under the grueling magical challenges, and learning sessions, he later became Archmage of the kingdom. I'm not going deep into the bio, I might reveal more as the story progresses.

Personality: Kind, generous, cheritable, adventurous, strong leader, battle hardened.

Other: Breathes fire, and a paralysis gas, he carries on his back, a pack of holding, able to hold a building inside it, and still have room for the city, these bags are rare, and is from his father's adventuring days.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:41 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
so what exactly would we be doing?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:59 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

That will be revealed when the RP starts.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:27 pm 
Silver sorceress

well if i dont know what i would be doing how would i know whether or not to join?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:59 pm 
Silver sorceress

ok i'll join:

name: Mary Ann

Height/Weight: 5'3"/it's a secret!

RAce: Elf

Eye Colour: Blue

hair: Silver

Appearance: slender, with shoulder length hair, her skin is unusually pale and never tans, her blue eyes are so bright and peircing she can frighten some of the even most experienced fighters

Clothes: wears green skirt with high slit in sides and brown pants underneath, grey/green blouse like shirt. flexible knee high boots.

Armor: none

Weapons:two knives in her boots and a short sword that she straps across her back

Magic: can i have the element of viod, so that she can send small objects ( arrows, spears etc.) into a viod even though she is a good person?

Bio:grew up on her own with very little adult influence in her life after she was able to find food for herself. she was taught how to fight by a wandering elf and became very swift and deadly with her weapons. many of her background is asecret and tries not to talk about her life as a child, it is suspected that she was either abused or abandoned, but she never really reveils exactly what ( maybe now she will :wink: )

Personality: a bit sharp tongued and sarcastic, but good natured most of the time. she enjoys playing with her enemy's minds, by questioning their beliefs in their cause or life if she gets the chance.

Other: has two rocks that she doesnt know what to do with, but she couldnt just toss them away,they have some type of magical property but noone knows ofr sure what. they sometimes give out a faint glow if she gets into danger.

Familiar: a little dragon like creature named Tilx that has a telepathic connection with her

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:00 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Name: 'Princess' Helen Swordsbane

Height/Weight: 5'8'' / 95 lbs(lightweight, but strong.)

Race: Gold Half-Dragon

Eyes: Silvery, and slited(like a cat's).

Hair: A dark red

Appearence: Her thin frame is colored by a slight tan, and her nails cut short. When in public she generally wears garb of a samauri her sword hung across her back. She carries herself with dignity except when her brother is mentioned, in which she will sulk under his shadow. Other than this she is average, but strives to be different, away from the Royalty in which she was born.

Armor: An enchanted mythril vest along with a bracer for swordfighting. She rejects any guards, knowing that the city is safe, and that she can take care of herself.

Weapon: http://img76.exs.cx/img76/6884/Red_Sword.png (Ignore the wording, best pic I could find.) A sword of considerable power, carried only by the elite in swordplay. It has a flame augumentation, but it is not needed. She isn't quite good enough, or strong enough to cleave a small tree in half, but she is deadly fast. It was named Raknir by it's previous owner Helen has no idea what it means, but accepted it without question.

Occupation: She trains under a sensai, but has not surpassed her as of yet. Helen plans to take the stead of her teacher, but her parents have different plans for her.

Magic: (none)

Bio: Hatched from her egg, Helen always had a certain defience in her eyes. Despite her father's protests, her mother knew of her spirit and let her train, not under the general swordplay teacher, but a sensai of a different kind, one of stealth and mental training(Much like a samauri). The training was difficult, but she endured, not wanting to be trapped in her brother's eternally eclipsing shadow. When the time came for her to learn magic, it was found she did not have the gift, despite her heritage, and she trained even harder, shoving doubt of her abilities aside, holding nothing back. Even after all these years, her father still doubts her, and she resents him and her brother for it, but never voices it, always doing what she needed to do when it came to her family.

Personallity: Strong willed and arrogant. Nothing can hold her back, even if her body falls behind.

Other: Helen carries a small amulet, emerald in color and engraved with intricate runes, it glows white when activated; it is a teleportation device, though limited to one use per hour.

What do you think? If there's anything I need to change just PM me.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:28 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

It's great, good thiniking, of living under Areon's shadow, never thought of that, myself.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:45 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Thanks, I stayed up till 10 finding that picture though. Her sword is one of those samauri swords. They are sleek, yet powerful some experts can even cleave small trees in half with them... True Story!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:56 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

i think ill join it sounds fun

Name:kiritsu tejina

Race:elf

eye color:silvery green

Hair:autumn leaf brown going down past waist

Appearance:is an average height for an elf her hair is wavy and is usually kept back in a ponytail.Her eyes are leaf green with tints of silver making them shine brightly

Clothes:usually wears trousers and a short sleeved top which are made of a flowy material which is strong enough not to rip or tear but allows movement easy.She also wears a belt and leather boots
the colours of her clothes depend on the season (e.g autumn she would wear browns and yellows, spring would be light green ect)

Armor:nothing much except a thin peice of stong leather under her top which is unoticeable

Weapons:a dagger and sword on her belt which are never really used much (mostly there for show but she does know how to use them). Alternates between crossbow and bow depending on her mood but will sometimes have both.

Magic:fire and dark(for dark can it be a bit like my charecter kaosus power over dark)

Bio: as a child kiritsu was brought up normally with a loving family.When she turned 10 her parents made the decision to live up to a tradition that had been held by kiritsus mothers side.They left kiritsu with another more privilaged family that could help her to become more powerful. She grew up in the elven community learning everything she needed to learn from her new family and the other elves until she was old enough to choose her own way to go in life.She first learned of her magical abilities when she was attacked by a group of muggers who cruelly beat her for her belongings.While they were beating her though her fear and anger towards them unleashed her powers sending the muggers flying and knocking her unconcious.When she woke she was in one of her friends homes who told her what happened. She spent the next few years learning to control her powers while using them to there full extent with help from her parents until they pasted away(they adopted her when they were rather old)at which she then lived with her friends.

Personality: happy and cheerful but very determined and gets rather withdrawn when anyone asks her about her childhood

Other:

Last edited by Akira on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:29 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Name: Aeryn Nightfire

Height/Weight: 5'5"/105 lbs (most of it muscle)

Race: half-Elf, half-Sorceress

Eyes: dark, but clear blue

Hair: scarlet/crimson red

Appearance: She is of medium height, with a slim, strong build. Her hair is waist length, and she usually has it back in a low ponytail to keep it out of her way. Her eyes are very deep and it's easy to get lost in them. She has extremely pale skin, but never tans or sunburns. She has pointed ears and has a large, bajoran-like earring in her right ear (stud at point, chain down side, stud in earlobe). She wears a tight tunic with a low scoop neck, belted at the hip, and tight pants tucked into knee-high, black, almost stiletto boots. She has a swirling celtic tattoo from the palm of her left hand, wrapping around her arm, up around the back of her neck, up the right side of her face and coming to a point on her forehead.

Armor: two metal bands attached to her belt that go over her shoulders and cross in the middle of her chest and back. On the back she attaches her weapon

Weapon: something like a klingon batlek (a 4-ft rod with a curved blade attached at both ends) and a dagger hidden in her boot.

Occupation: she trains horses for riding and feels she has to protect other animals (but she sometimes goes overboard)

Magic: elemental and psionic

Bio: her height being abnormal for an elf of her age, she tells everyone that she is half–Sorceress. Her parents abandoned her when she was a baby and she was left in the care of some knights who raised her to be a warrior. They were all killed in an enemy raid, and she has become bitter and cynical because of it. Now she wanders around looking for a purpose and a real career

Personality: pessimistic, cynical, gentle with animals but impatient with people, solitary, doesn’t volunteer information (waits to be asked directly)

Other: bonded with a black mare with dragon wings, claws, tail, and powers (psionic and elemental like her). the mare’s name is Jetta

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Last edited by dragonfly on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:00 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I've already found many problems with oyur char. Half Elf half Sorceress?????? A sorceress is just a female sorcerer AKA MAGE...And why would an assassin even use magic? As i said, only put magic if your were a magic USER for your occupation, an assassin uses stealth, and a dagger to kill, no magic whatsoever. Trains warhorses? she wouldn't have ANY spare time to assassinate anyone at all. And your weapon, no star trek, it just WOULD NOT work in real life, there are staff sword, or staff with a blade at either end, commonly known as a double bladed sword.

And the whole 'orhpanned' crap is really getting old...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Join
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:17 pm 
Matrix Operator

I think I would like to join...

Name: Warhawk

Race: Man

Height/weight: 6'8", 250

Eye color:red

Hair: long black

Appearance: Tall, bulky, Warhawk is a skilled and proven warrior. Despite his size, he is very agile. He has worn features, and many scars. His right hand is missing the ring finger. A dragon tatoo runs down his left arm.

Clothes: Brown tunic, black cloak, black leggings, and brown boots.

Armor: A vest of chain mail, and leather gloves

Weapons: A 3' longsword, 12" dagger, with a 6" dagger concealed in his left boot.

Magic: None

Bio: When he lost his parents at age 17, he bitterly swore to become the greatest warrior so that he would not suffer the same fate. He has since fulfilled his goal, though in doing so he has lost his sense of right and wrong.

Personality: Battle-hardened, ready to draw his sword at the slightest provocation. Bitter, angry at life, he has fought both good and evil.

Other: He is proficient in all weapons except a halberd, or ax-pike.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:01 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Accepted

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:07 pm 

sorry to ask but am i accepted im a bit tired so i get confused easily and i changed my bio a bit so that she wasnt orphaned

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:15 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Everyone's is accepted, except Dragonfly

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:23 pm 

oh ok then
when are we allowed to post

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:44 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Now, I have the rp up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:47 pm 

ok so are we allowed to be walking down the same road or are elves not allowed in the kingdom
(sorry i am really tired)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:47 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Elves are allowed anywhere in the kingdom.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:23 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

why am i not accepted - oh i can change the assassin thing if thats it
or are you just joking
im too tired to tell - got no sleep last night

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:23 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

oh just read the post after mine
ok: i'll change the assassin thing (but most assassins have cover jobs, so i dont know what you meant about the warhorses); orphaned is fine, I dont know why everyone's so up at arms about that; she's not really half-elf half-sorceress if you read the thing - it's just an excuse for her height; and what's wrong with a batlek, it's actually a very easy to use weapon and i thought you weren't supposed to pick on people's preferences; and why can't she channel her magic through the weapons or just use them when she doesn't want people to know she's magic
ok, deep breath, i think im done now
if im still not accepted, fine, but there's my opinion

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:34 pm 
Matrix Operator

The problem is that your character is a little to gung-ho. Using a batlek, being a decent assasin, and training horses all require experience. Your character is 17. Where did the prowess come from? And how could she get battle experience? And why did some knights happen to be there when her parents died. Sounds suspiscious(suspicious? suspicous? whatever).

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

ok sorry i was in a horrible mood yesterday
i will see what i can do, but the bell just rang so later today.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:12 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

ok (btw suspicious) i did change the assassin thing, her parents abandoned her with the knights to take care of her, and she has psionic powers so she can talk to the horses and teach them more quickly than just breaking them to saddle. the weapon thing-she was raised to be a warrior, so she would have been learning all her life
and about my rant yesterday: i was having a horrible day (failing test n all) so im sorry to any persons, places, or things i might have offended and if im still not accepted, thats fine.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:28 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sounds good to me, but lets wait for what the big man says.

Offline Profile