Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:51 am

Post subject: random characters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:25 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

this is where you can try on characters for size, and get critiques from other rp-ers. this is not a game, but im putting it here so yall see it

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:55 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Ok here some i came up with on the spot while joining an RP

-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appearance:6'6" lean and sleek like a wolf Moose skin pants and tough waterproof caribou hide parka/hood, gloves, cape, facemask andsack hung around his waist

background:Born in th 3rd century his Icelander father deposited him into a wolf pack.There he learned the ways of the wolf and grew a wolfen mind.then one day on a hunt his brothers and he were prowling near the shore and he fell in and drifted away to a northern area where he froze to an iceberg and was later thawed due to global warming. he wondered into northern canada and met humans.this has nothing to do with his background but even though he froze he has an undying desire to jump into almost every area of water he sees

skills: He is very stealthy and can survive with no food or water for weeks and not tire due to lack of food or water

weapons:his bare hands along with a handcarved osbidian axe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:Ulv (pronounced in an icelandic dialect like this u:normal english U l: With tounge at back of the teeth and v: Like an english f)

Race:Wolf

Background: Ex-Alpha male of his pack A younger male attacked and took over where he was then shunned by the pack.

Appearance: a dirty white and shaped like any other wife

Skills:The ability to communicate by thought, an amazingly strong(even for a wolf)skill at tracking(hear smell vision)can sneak pretty well too.

Weapons: Uh teeth cause a wolf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

name: Skass Svenson

race: Half-Dragon

Human appearence: 2 inch thick leather forearm guards. Short sleeved chainmail shirt and plate legs With steel greaves and spiked hiking boots. Long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. A beard and moustache. The beard hangs 7 inches below his chin and is tied.Symbol behind left ear. Angled features with pointed ears(think eragon after the dragon touched his hand.)

Dragon appearance: A golden bronze color. Stands 8 feet at the soulder and is0 20 heet long from head to tail. Wingspan of 36 feet. Traditional firebreather. He can change at will.

Background: Born into a mountain tribe with a symbol behind his left ear. It resembles a sitting dragon. He was taken in by a lone elf dragon rider.It is with this Drgaon rider he fused with a dragon.

Weapons: A sword as long as his arm where he can store magic.Magic powers but he need not speak the ancient language due to his blending.(for the way his magic works see "The Inheritance Trilogy".

Other: He is 304 years old.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:25 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

name: Amara / Khalidah (mean immortal, uses two names for secrecy)

appearance: tall, brunette, green eyes, tan, slender but strong

info: A/K was born normal, in a small settlement in what is now England. She was given the chance to become immortal and stay young and took it. After the transformation, her "benefactor" told her the catch: any wound she receives will hurt twice as badly and take twice as long to heal, and if she gets sick, the symptoms and contagion will be twice as bad and the illness will last twice as long as normal. She lived with this for a few thousand years, but grew lonely and depressed because any friends she made grew old and died. She tried to commit suicide (jumped off a cliff), but that didn't work, and it took many years to heal completely from the experience. she now wanders around aimlessly, trying to find another immortal she can spend her life with.

weapons: ancient longsword that she's kept in good condtion, bow and arrows

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

Last edited by dragonfly on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:42 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

name: Keitha / Luana (warrior)

race: human

info: K/L is a human girl who was an experiment in genetics: building the perfect warrior. but something went wrong=she is invincible (cannot be hurt or get sick, also doesn't need to eat or drink a lot) but she ages 4 times as fast as a normal person i.e. she will die of old age before she turns 25. she has decided to make as much of her life as she can. she is a pacifist but will fight for a just cause. she hates government and is in hiding from the scientists who now want to kill her to cover up the incident. she is an anonymous guardian angel who risks her life to save others (in fires, car crashes, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc)

weapons: martial arts, metal staff with blades on the end that she can also use as a walking stick

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:50 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

name: Awena / Sibyl (seer)

race: human

info: A/S has always had a gift. she can see the future of the next day in her dreams. the problem is, she forgets most of it 5 min after she wakes up. she keeps a journal at the side of her bed so she can keep record of what she sees. she is afraid to tell anyone about her gift because she doesnt like to be different, but she'll anonymously warn someone about impending doom that she sees.

weapons: none

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:43 pm 
Matrix Operator

Name: Draconis

Race: Dragon

Appearance: An older dragon, about 132 feet in length, green, muscular.

History: One of the last dragons on Earth, Draconis is 305 years old. He has been attacked by humans too many times to count, and has reappeared after a 50 year snooze to raid mankind for more gold and treasure for his collection.

Weapons: His fiery breath, which can be used to shoot fireballs :shock: ; his talons and fangs, and; his 192 I.Q.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:56 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Name: ZubZar

Gendar: Male

Species: Dragon

info: Zubzar is now 250 years old and has never lost a riddle conest. He is a Green European Mountain Dragon from the pennine mountains in yorkshire and has met many a foe but yet undefeated.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:27 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Ok this sounds fun,

Here is a NPC I through together a while back.

Name: Jonas Eastman

Race: Human

Class: Ranger/Fighter

Description: Jonas stands a little over six feet tall. He walks with a grace hiding the strong form under his dark leather armor. He keeps his hair short, and his face is clean shaven. His eyes are brown with a deep and troubled look to them. He might be thought of as hansom once but with years of trouble on his shoulders has given his face a hard sower expression.

History: Jonas was born fifth son of nine children, of a well known farmer. As youngest male he was not in line to own the farmstead after their father. He well knew this and was ready to work for whichever of his brothers inherited the farm.

Then during harvest time of his 18 year, the farm fell under attack by a band of goblins. He and most of his brothers were in the fields at the time of the attack when the heard the sounds of fighting and saw smoke coming from the household. They ran straight to the house to see a large number of goblins breaking into the barn taking what bags of grain they have prepared so far. They also saw two of the brothers and three of their sisters laying on the ground with ever growing pools of blood around them. Jonas’ brothers had carried short swords to the fields and went to defend the barn. While Jonas ran to the house to see if anyone else is ok in there. Having only the scythe he was working in the field with to fight he cut his way through a number of the green monsters before he reached the house. When he reached for the door a hobgoblin stepped out wiping blood off its sword with what look like his mother’s apron. Without thinking of his chances of winning a fight with such an opponent he attacked. The hobgoblin laughed as he easily parried the first attack. Then sliced a rather deep cut into Jonas’ side. Then through luck, or chance of fate, his next strike hit home. With a quick swing of the long blade on the scythe he cut the creatures throat. Before he had a chance to go in the house then he turns to see his last brother fall to a goblin’s mace. Hoping no more of them were in the house he ran to kill the one who just killed his brother. The goblins, seeing how he killed their leader, did not stay for much of a fight and most ran away before he reached them. But he quickly finished off what was left of them others. Keeling down to check on his siblings, he found all of them dead. With a new fear he ran to the house to find a sight of a mighty battle. A number of goblins lay dead on the floor, but in the corner of the room he saw the bodies of his father with his mother draped over him. When he checked them his fears were arrived, they were both dead. As he began to weep for all of the loss he heard a noise from the floor. He then remembered the seller which remanded hidden under a rug in the kitchen. As he cleared the fallen table and chairs from the area he could hear a woman’s scream. He opened the trapdoor slowly to see his sister, Lavinia, hiding in the shadows. When she saw it was him she quickly fell into this arms and cried knowing what happened to their parents.

When they were finally able to get help to clean up and deal with the bodies, Jonas had to make a final choice on the fate of the farm. He spent what money what was needed to pay workers to help with the harvest, on the proper burial of his family. There was not time to do this on his own and most of the other farms were busy with their own harvests. He knew he had to sell the farm. With the money he got he was able to pay off the debts his family owed and moved he and his sister to a nearby city. He was able to get a job in the town guard, with the tells of his fight with the goblins in his wake he was in easy. And he was able to put his sister into a school of magic, so she could learn the arts of the wizard.

As the years when on his training went from just patrolling the city to patrolling the nearby woods and hills for trouble. As he went up in the ranks he was allowed to put together his patroll. His first choice was his sister who just began to cast spells with ease. The second was a traviler who when he was about to save from a party of thieves, watched him defeat five well armed men using no weapons. The last was a childhood friend he had not seen in years, he studied under the clerics of the favored god in the area granting him healing powers and aiding the others in battle with his god’s will.

As of late he has been granted the power to work freely in the area, as long as he worked in the law of the land.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:12 pm 
Tightwad

This does sound fun. Too bad it's in the wrong area.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:33 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I think there is one in OOC as well. If you move this there I will murge them into one.

Edit:

OOPS, well maybe I just moved it here insteed. Would you move it to OOC for me. I didn't want it in the game area.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:17 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

im kind of new - how dod you move it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:06 am 
Tightwad

None of your concern. It's from our powers of being mods. And don't ask how to become one...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:12 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

:eyebrow: why would i want to be a mod?

Offline Profile