Armor

Head: none
Chest: Black dragon skin
Arms: Golden armbands
Hands: Tight black gloves
Waist: Sash
Legs: none
Feet: Thin leather shoes
Other: Wears a long black robe, has a silver dagger on wrist only to be used as a last resort

Weaponry

MAIN:
Name: Amethyst Dagger
Type: 10" dagger
Design: Elvish make, inlaid with red rubies
Magical Attributes: Activates immediately when user's breathing becomes rapid or sluggish

Name: Staff of the Gods
Type: 66" staff
Design: Minature statues of four main gods on either sides, dragon orb on the top with spike
Magical Attributes: Allows user to summon the power of Wind, Water, Fire, and Thunder

ALSO:

Magic Spells (A Few Examples, for magic users only)

ATTACK:

Spell Name: Energoim Singulation
Element: Dark
Power Level: Amount sacrificied
Physical Description: Energy from the user's mind is combined with willpower and confidence to succeed, forms an orb of dark light that shatters in mid air
Limitation: A nighttime attack

Spell Name: Geyser Escalation
Element: Water
Power Level: Amount sacrificed
Physical Description: Opens up multiple holes in the ground which shoot out geysers
Limitation: Cannot be used in areas without a water source within 10'

Spell Name: Final Destiny
Power Level: Amount sacrificed
Physical Description: The user's soul shatters, forming an orb of dark light that destroys anything within 2000'
Limitation: (no limitation)

DEFENSE:

Spell Name: Psycho Blast
Element: Dark/Wind
Power Level: High
Physical Description: User is able to gain access to the opponent's mind
Limitation: Use wears off in five minutes

Spell Name: Technological Inhibition
Element: Earth
Physical Description: Any machines in the area will suddenly break down
Limitation: Cannot be used in a forest

Spell Name: Shield Barrier
Physical Description: Forms a shield around the user
Limitation: Confident people(s) are able to break through easily

History

Nightshade is known as one of the most powerful mages in the world. However, achieving these levels were not easy.

Nightshade's soul was shattered, because he gave up his soul for true power. His favorite quote is, "Power is what I have and still seek!"
Before these circumstances, Nightshade was just a petty little farm boy who had known no true power.

But an old evil mage took interest in him and paid for his tution at Neobal, one of the most famous schools for his magical students. One day, Nightshade traveled through a forest, and found true power...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:39 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

We don't really have any use for an evil character in this thread. I want to keep the number of people quite small as well. Maybe next time.

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:00 am 
The Forestmaster

NOO!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am very :evil: :evil:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:36 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Okay, I'm going to read this today and see if I can't see a plot in the meaningless fighting. :-P If I find one, I will post, but I hope you don't mind me moving it along...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:31 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The Sinfield brothers don't do meaningless. Read what Revex said when they first appeared and see if you can't figure out where we might possibly be going with this. Plus, I needed to find a way to get Charlgrish and Fyres' characters involved. In a way that that others wouldn't mind too much if they tagged along afterwards.

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:09 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

not to be mean. but void's posts, and chalgrish's posts are rather confusing. they're hard to follow i beleive that's why i'm getting confused. just thought i'd throw that out there.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:32 pm 
Tightwad

what are you talking about?! The posts are pretty easy to follow, in my opinion, I mean lets think about..say...the fact that he's firing arrows from the trees AT the goblins AS said goblins are rushing toward YOUR group

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:42 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

nevermind, i went back and re-read it. and came to the conclusion that it's the whole thread that's weird. sorry! lol. really. i'm still confused.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:47 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

All you need to know is, we're going to another country to help people... this whole thing was practically my brother's idea anyway, so half the time I don't have a clue what's going on either and he apprently doesn't care what happens to this thread anyway, so I'm starting to wonder why I should...

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:41 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>TUTTI:</b></center>
Okay, no one was moving this thread and it was about to die, so I moved us on.

Because the fighting was boring and confusing, I decided to end it. It is now after the battle and we are about to move onwards on our journey to Albrecht.

If anyone is confused about what I did here is a quick explaination: Serenity got an urgent summons from a diplomat and had to stay behind while the others left for Albrecht. After she was done dealing with it, she went to find the group (you guys). When Serenity finds the group the battle is done and they are about to move on.

If you want to keep the thread alive, just move on from this point and dont go back and retell anything from the fighting again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:56 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

wow I didn't realise that people were allowed to take control of other peoples threads like that...that is not on Serenity. we should have patience. I for one am not going to post until Tourniquet has posted here to ok this move because we don't have his word that this was cool.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:27 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>Fyre</b></center>
First off, Scott isn't the only one running this thread. His brother is the main contributer as he has already stated.

Secondly, Scott and "Void" have <i>both</i> been pestering me to post here for ages and do something. ( I think I may even remember some threats... lol) He and "Void" were well aware when they asked me (and also Elise) to join that if things weren't going to move, I wasn't going to sit around on my butt. Scott and I even had a little bet going that he could apply anything that I might do in his threads to work for him, not against him. This includes turning around things I may have done. I think he would much rather that I end one battle then just drop from his thread because it is dying.

So, just because <i>you</i> weren't informed, doesn't mean he didn't know. Both of the Game Masters in this thread are decent enough to handle almost anything, you should give them more credit.

Also, though it is nice of you to care about someone else's thread, I see no reason why you feel you need to fight the owner's battles. If Scott has a major problem with anything I have done, I have no doubts that he is not afraid to tell me himself.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:45 pm 

yes i can see why you did it, but I don't know the in's and out's of the cliques at this place, that and I don't know anyone anymore.

Ex and Draggyness my partners in RPG crime are not around much and I'm not exactly feeling the happy vibes that so drew me here intially.

I don't feel anger or negativity towards anyone, just a sadness that what was once a place i checked VERY regularly and enjoyed posting in many threads, contributing to them alot, has become somewhere where there is a definate vibe of cliqueyness and negativity to new people. it's a very cold front to put up and one i have no desire of trying to break into...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:04 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Sorry fyre, we all are. My theory is simple. The transition to this new board is hard on everyone. and not everyone made the transition. meaning that there are not as many bodies here as once were. which in turn means that everything the few people do here is very noticeable. So if one person, such as asaphier, goes around causing trouble. Everyone notices, and everyone says something.
as for the clique part. yes it's very true, in a sense. most Everyone who made the transition were the main players in the old board, and they were all friends. (serenity, myself, elise, exx, christian) forming somewhat of a "clique"

so just give this board a little while, it'll pick up. =)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:16 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I, like Draches, am sorry to hear this Fyre. But as I recall, when you first came to this board, it was the people you are referring to as clique-y that greeted you. I, for one, remember inviting you into threads and having at least a few conversations with you via e-mail.

So what I think you meant to say, was that you liked it better after the rest of us left. I have seen your posts and hints all over this board regarding your resentment to quite a few around here.

Spamming is disrespectful. Period. When a person puts time and effort into a thread only to have others come in, never asking or even bothering to read what has happened previously, and posts a ridiculous reply, that is wrong. And it cannot go unchecked.

In the same way, cluttering up the board with five threads, all or which have no purpose, is disresctful to the community.

Since I have come back to this board as a regular member (if you'll remember, I was one of the moderators) I have posted sparsly, avoiding conflict and, all in all, putting a blindfold on to annoyances around me.

The reason I am addressing all of this before actually getting to my point, is that you don't seem to understand why Serenity and I, along with Draches and Alorith and Christian, feel like we have the right to act as we do.

Clique is not the right word it. We are friends. We have known eachother for a long time and on top of that, this was our home first. So naturally, we're protective of it and eachother.

Now I'm sorry if that was rude, or insensitive but yes, it was/is our board. We left because people stopped caring about it and weren't treating it with the dignity that it deserves... and when that happens, what's the point?

Serenity was the one who brought us all back. I am greatful for that. Honestly, it is a wonderful thing to be able to write and have fun with your friends. I am also sorry that your friends are not around as much as they once were, but I cannot control that. You said that some of us have been unwelcoming towards you, giving you the cold shoulder. All I can say is, that might be because of your obvious resentment towards certain people.

If you feel that some of us have special privledges, which I am certain you do, I can only say that they came with much time and effort. Can you honestly tell me that Serenity isn't a gifted writer? That she has contributed nothing to this board? That she has ever ONCE asked somebody to do something she would not do herself?

It's not that you couldn't do the same thing that Serenity did. Scott will most certainly tell someone (no matter how long he has known them) whether or not he approves of what they did. Really, the important thing, is the manner in which they do it. If one goes tearing into a thread and totally makes no sense, that is spamming. If you were invited, and put in a well written, thoughtful post, moving along what was happening, how is that wrong? This is RPG! People are supposed to have imagination and take initiative. It's what seperates the leaders from the followers. Wouldn't you agree?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:41 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Geeze, I go away for a few days and, as usual, I come back to 'bitch,bitch,bitch'.

Firstly, I'm kinda glad someone had the guts to do something a little more forceful with the story. I remember back when nobody had any problems with doing whatever they wanted with another person's thread and we all just got on with it. So, thanks for that Sarina.

On the other hand, I also appreciate what Fyre said about not posting untill I gave the go ahead after another role-player does something a little 'OTT' or unorthadox. I'd probably do the same for another person's thread if they had stated, like I have, that this thread is semi-structured.

Then again... we would have had to have gotten to the point we're at now sooner or later anyway, so I honestly don't see the problem.

And as far as cliques go.... what are we all here? Kindergardeners? We all might have certain people that we prefer to have in our threads, we may, as in this case, even have prepared a thread with specific people in mind, but that is because I know that if I start a thread, people like Serenity, Elsyian, Draches, Exx, Alorith, Medea and Void are going to pounce on it because we all enjoy RPing with each other. Other people haven't been frozen out, I accepted Fyre and have even PMed him about an important function that I want his character to play that will be vital later on in the story and I also let Chalgrish, someone I have never RPed with before, join. But, at the end of the day, we're all mature RPers here. It's not our fualt if some of us happen to be friends as well, we'll all just stop liking each other and destroy more of those 'happy vibes' shall we?

My point is, if this place doesn't feel as enjoyable as it used to, then maybe it's you who needs to change? I for one am enjoying this new semi-professional out-look to RPing that people are starting to harbour. That's where the 'cold front' towards certain new people comes in - we don't want foolish n00bs maiming decent threads. If people come along and are sensible and at least attempt to be literate and at least make an effort to acknowledge other people's posts, then they are greeted and invited to threads willingly. I'll use Terian as an example here; he turned up using proper grammar and spelling and his posts aren't at all bad for someone whom I understand to be quite new to the world of role-play. Subsequently, I wouldn't mind if he asked to join one of threads. But then, not naming any names, if another person asked to join and my only experience of them was of their obvious lack of... talent - then I won't be so willing to take them on. Is it such a crime to want a decent standard of RPing within your threads?

All in all, I gotta agree with Elsyian and Draches here on pretty much everything they've said...especially the parts about transition being tough and me not being afraid to give anyone a peice of my mind; I can't count the number of times Sarina and I have butted heads over something utterly trivial and if anything that's why it's so important that we have our 'clique', because otherwise we'd probably have stopped talking to each other a long time ago, but this way we're always forced to make up or at least come to some kind of compromise. :-P

Now, if you don't mind, can we drop this silly subject and get on with the thread? I will not allow one of my stories to become a breeding ground for these bad vibes that people are supposedly trying to prevent.

Now all yous go post! NOW!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:18 pm 
Tightwad

YES MA'AM! *salutess and scurries away*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:02 pm 

Chalgrish, didn't want my character to say that thanks. i did want to keep that a secret until later, Fyre is going to have the issue of not being accepted in the group and so is secretive about his ancestory.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:41 pm 
Tightwad

sorry

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:03 am 
Master Old Dragon

Lol, no Scott, <i>you</i> post! Serenity is waiting on Christian's reply, and I figure most everyone else is too...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:31 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Yeah, yeah, I wasted all my time on-line berrating you bunch of toddlers and couldn't post. lol. :-P

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:19 pm 
Master Old Dragon

That has to be the wussiest post I have ever seen from you, Scott. I hope you don't think I am going to take the time to reply to just that... Image

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:56 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

As short as it was you apprently didn't take the time to read it as it was blatantly designed to be directed at Fyre/Chalgrish.

And anyway, there's not a lot more I could've done right now without warbling on about a load of rubbish and creating one of those posts where it's hard to make out what actually happened.

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:37 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Okay, so.... camping now.... randomly... but I guess that's cool, it'll give the characters some much needed interaction time...

Chalgrish, slow it down a little. It's good that you're keen, but we were just contemplating transport and eventhough your character has his own means, Fyre was still kinda left out and yet now we're randomly camping with no mention of how Fyre was able to carry on. So, just play it a little cooler, okay? Don't worry about it this time, because you're working with me and other good, experienced RPers and we can fix/tolerate that kinda thing without blowing my/our lid(s), but if you're with someone less experienced or just plain dumb then rushing threads on like that is going to annoy them. Alright? Apart from that, all seems cool so far, guys, keep on posting.

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:09 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Here's a better idea: Void flies from the sky, kills you all, has a sandwhich, maybe with a little mayo, reads the paper and flies away.

Just kidding. But as a note, I never wanted that goblin fight. It detracted everything. But Fyre and Chalgrish needed a way to turn up, so I guess it's cooh.'

Of course, brother-most-hated has managed to turn it into a bit of foreshadowing. He does that a lot, like Dave from Bob and George.

Anyways, camping now, I had hoped to save the whole get to know each other for Albrecht. But hey, what does my opinion matter, I mean it's only my story.</sarcasm>

Take that post in good humour. Just remember, I hate you all.

*Sniff.*No one loves Void.

Offline Profile